Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 26, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2010
Hooooooooolyy shiiiiiit that Soujirou in the next episode preview! Badass as fk. Can't wait.
Oct 26, 2014 7:30 PM

Sep 2011
is it just me or was this episode's animation worse then usual. this entire season has been below par in comparison to the first season but it was really bad this time. i usually don't get hung up on animation but there was glaring errors this time. everything in this episode was deistically drawn out due to the fact they'd been rushing the first few episodes.
Oct 26, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2014
I didn't mind the slow pacing of this episode. Then again, a show has to be REALLY slow in order for me to get bored by it.

It was crazy seeing real blood in this episode. I take it that this mysterious person figured out how to change the rules of Elder Tales (similar to how Shiroe was able to turn Rudy into an adventurer). This should make for an interesting arc.
Oct 26, 2014 10:01 PM
Jun 2009
Inosaska said:
I'm not pleased with the whole blood appearing in the anime. I rather stay as far away from this style of players can be killed thing because then it just turns into SAO...

Right, because SAO was the first and only anime with characters dying in a game...
Oct 27, 2014 1:51 AM
Nov 2010
This episode was pretty slow. I feel really bad for Akatsuki and Henrietta's pain. That attack in the alley at the end was a bit alarming as I don't think I've ever seen an adventurer bleed..
Oct 27, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2013
Didn't like watching Akatsuki mope around. Felt way too drawn out.

I don't like Akatsuki X Shiroe at all. Minori X Shiroe for me although Henrietta X Shiroe would also be good.

I really really hope that that girl at the end isn't dead for real. Please that's just too unfair.

Soujirou better cut that psychopath into pieces next episode.

P.S. Animation was shit. Like every episode of this season.
Oct 27, 2014 5:16 AM

Feb 2013
FrozenSoda said:
Didn't like watching Akatsuki mope around. Felt way too drawn out.

I don't like Akatsuki X Shiroe at all. Minori X Shiroe for me although Henrietta X Shiroe would also be good.

I really really hope that that girl at the end isn't dead for real. Please that's just too unfair.

Soujirou better cut that psychopath into pieces next episode.

I hate Henrietta!!

She is the worst character in the show. She doesn't do anything she is just friend A to Marielle.

Henrietta character purpose is to Manage Marielle and Give the viewer analog about what is going on.

Henrietta is not a character she is an arch type almost.
PoisonedTeaOct 27, 2014 5:20 AM
Oct 27, 2014 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
Whole this episode was boring. Mostly focused on pretty senseless and bad sighing of Akatsuki how powerless she is.
But episode got saved by ending in which player got actually killed (or for seriously injured), which is not just logical HP decrase, but real damage to body (there was no blood in LH before), which is something new and brings serious threat, as well atmosphere of Sword Art Online - You die in game, you die for real.
This will for sure make the story more interesing, but doesn't seems original anymore.
MtaxOct 27, 2014 6:56 AM
Oct 27, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
Soujirou looked is pissed in the preview. That mask guy is pretty much GG.
Oct 27, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
it was an ok.... btw every scene that appear the catman is instaskip, i hate that character with all my heart
Oct 27, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2014
xikarra said:
Can't really say I'm enjoying the melodrama around Akatsuki so I'm glad action will pick up next episode. Was the girl at the end poisoned or something? Didn't seem like she was one-strike killed.

The preview for the next episode said she was wounded, so I doubt she was killed. However it also said "murderer" so hard to say :/
Oct 27, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2009
So many people crushing on Shiroe.

Some (random) guesses: Maybe that guy at the end used some skill from Teachings level, or maybe hes a monster and immune to the no fighting in town rule, or he is a person of the land and this is some event, or maybe there is some new ability where fighting could cause a real death instead of respawn. Hmmmmmm.
Oct 28, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2010
Akatsuki's monologues are starting to get annoying, they are always about the same thing, "Wanna get stronger. Wanna see lord." That's it. I am tired of that.

The end was interesting.
Oct 28, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2014
Well, this episode was rather slow, although it really isn't enough for me to really get bored enough with it to skip it, i came here expecting to watch Shiroe trying to run a "country", not a couple of ladies fawning over the fact that Shiroe runs " 'their' country".

Regardless of that, i can't avoid to comment on the elephant in the room, as i noticed a fair amount of people have done. I don't really know what to think of the situation at the ending, the Royal Guard themselves were always mysterious entities in my eyes, they weren't player characters, but writing them off as mere PoL doesn't sit well with me, as well as giving them the classification of monsters would be really strange. I often though of them as manifestations of the system itself, if that's so, then the fact that the Samurai at the end was able to actually "kill"(and i use that word cautiously) an Adventurer would tie in with the fact that there might be a relation between him and them, considering he was presumably seen cleaning one of their armors earlier in this seasons.
"Yeah, but, you know it's just....a pain.....and explaining it is just...a pain." - Sakata Gintoki
Oct 28, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
I disliked Akatsuki before but now im hating her..... So sigh.... I wonder if the person who killed the second captain is going to lose all her memories who if shes dead.
Oct 28, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
Just like last season, the ending music was so awkward when the fade in started LOL

I hope this season won't be so focused on the romance like how they did it last season. That's what evidently ruined s1 for me.

FrozenSoda said:

If you think this is shit, then season 1 was just as bad. IMHO, not like the quality increased or decreased.
Oct 29, 2014 12:06 PM
May 2011
Ending saved this boring episode
Oct 29, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
the samurai at the end is shown to not have a set amount of HP, like regular adventurers do.
this might suggest that his hp is infinite, making him virtually invincible. i wonder how the protagonists will defeat him, though i get the feeling there will be some deus ex machina involved. i'm also curious about the teachings.

the episode was enjoyable overall. it didn't have that annoying moe pandering otaku character.
was akatsuki always this 1-dimensional? seems like her entire purpose in the series is to serve Shiroe...
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 29, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2010
Yah that chic looks pretty dead to me.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 30, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
The Hobo is definitely one of the POLs. What I don't get is why they would even bother trying to go against the Adventurers though? Wouldn't this just pit both sides against one another? I distinctly remember POLs not being able to respawn, so why take the risk in making those guys angry? Makes no sense at all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 31, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
cloakerx said:
Almost fell asleep while watching this episode. Hope the action picks up or I might temporarily drop it for the season.
I feel the same way.

Oct 31, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
cloakerx said:
Almost fell asleep while watching this episode. Hope the action picks up or I might temporarily drop it for the season.

if you watched the 1st season, you'd know by now that action was never LH's strongest point.
might as well drop this and watch SAO if you just want action.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 1, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2013
The episode was kinda filler, and DEEN"s QUALITY really showed this episode but the ending totally made up for it
Q24 said:
Hmm... It looks a bit weak compared to this http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/4/45/Log_Horizon_Vol06_039.jpg

That looks badass!!!
Nov 1, 2014 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
Not much happened... just setup for the next one it seems.
Nov 1, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know why I waste my time on this anime. I really liked the first 3 episodes of season 1 and still continue watching it despite the disappointments. This show is more romance and slice of life than adventure, action and strategy. This whole episode was a bunch of girls making cute noises wearing cute costumes, along with a one sided love triangle. Pathetic.
Nov 2, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
so far the 'special job only akatsuki could do' seems to consist of eating cake with the princess. okay......

shiroe better have a damn good reason for not bringing akatsuki on the raid and forcing us to sit through all this misery.
Nov 2, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
Nov 8, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Arrived here, I begin to regret the first season, I find the story interesting while appreciating the focus on the characters.
I find it very slow and without appeal, taken out of context, this narrative was perhaps alternating ink topics to be much more congenial.
Designs that hatred, though the previous chracter design was not great this is really mediocre, give me back the real anime of Log Horizon! D:
The animations are no exception, are on the edge of sufficiency.
I'm staying really veeery disappointed with this season.

TheNaturalPerm said:
this show needs a slice of life tag and have all other tags removed.

I agree !
Nov 9, 2014 7:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Not much action this episode as it focused on the depressed state of Akatsuki.

She's really envious of Minori even to the point where she calls Minori a brat. That's just real low for Akatsuki, but it's understandable. Shiroe doesn't have confidence in her and he chooses to make her take care of Princess Lenessia who doesn't even think of the adventurers as friends. It's sad to see Akatsuki in such a depressed state, and even more since she can't get stronger because even items in the store are expensive.

Nov 20, 2014 4:31 PM

Dec 2010
wow. i really liked the last part of the episode. that cliffhangar left me with a lot of questions.

not a big fan of log horizon though.
Nov 29, 2014 5:39 AM

May 2013
Lenessia looks good as Santa Claus. Akatsuki's cute as a reindeer. (^_^)
Too bad Lenessia doesn't treat the Adventurers as friends. Also, too bad Akatsuki is a bit jealous.

Marielle x Naotsugu!
Henrietta and her unrequited love. (T_T)

Oh no, Santa Claus aka Enheart Nelreth just stabbed someone. And there's blood!
There's no Royal Guard probably because he's not a player.
Seems like Soujirou and Akatsuki will fight Santa.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 20, 2014 12:48 AM

Jul 2012
I hope Akatski can get over her depression soon.
Dec 26, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty meh this episode... i dont like Akatsuki and now i like less.
Mar 4, 2015 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
After full 20 minutes.. the last second gave me a reaction lol.
Mehh knew Akatsuki would play this type of role.. that's why I prefer Minori or Henrietta.
She's cute when she cut out that act.. cheer up little girl.
But wait.. blood ? o.O
Mar 9, 2015 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, tf happened at the end to that girl Kyouko!?
Mar 24, 2015 2:19 AM

Apr 2011
Did she not get sent to the cathedral?
Apr 6, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2012
That ending sure was interesting, I wonder what it will lead to!
Apr 19, 2015 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
Looks like I'm the only one that likes Akatsuki and liked this episode. Hopefully we will get some development of her character.
Oct 4, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
If I were to describe this episode with one word it'd be: monologue. Seriously there's so many pointless monologue. Nothing happened that will actually advance the story except for the last part. Boring-ass episode.
Oct 31, 2015 11:59 PM

Apr 2014
Akatsuki has been a real downer this season, hopefully she gets over her shit fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2015 7:15 AM

Jan 2012
Santa is hunting children's .

Nov 15, 2015 5:57 AM

Oct 2010
I like Akatsuki but drama around her is started to get annoying. I though she is passed that in the previous season. If you're worried that you're useless then just ask him of that and problem salved...

So, is there a weapon that kills players permanently now? That kinda sucks... I feel bad for that girl. Hopefully we just didn't see he disperse and is fine. So those guardians aren't coming anymore, mean they can fight within the town?
Mar 13, 2016 7:04 PM

Nov 2015
Princess Lenessia design got downgraded... a lot.

I don't know why Akatsuki is portrayed as "weak" now, since she seemed OP in the first season.
Mmmm, isn't just me or a harem is being build around Shiroe? I'm not particularly fond with harems.
Now everyone is in love with him jaja.

That scene at the end.. does this means someone knows a method to really kill players? It is the first
time we see blood... interesting. Seems also that the next episode contains scenes from the flashforward
from the first episode.

I can understand many people disliking the pacing of this episode, I mean, waiting one week for this can be
a let down but, character building is necessary. What I can agree with is that this episode could have been
better.
Akatsuki was all whining and sad the entire episode, saying she's weak -which is not true- and being jealous
of Minori. It smells like a downgrade for her character. That and showing that Henrrieta suddently likes Shiroe
too, Marielle likes Naotsugu, and Lenessia Krusty... that. Not really the most usefull episode so far.

The blonde girl's hair tho, wtf... that's some crazy hair!
HumbertoZeroMar 13, 2016 7:27 PM
Jun 2, 2016 11:51 AM
Dec 2014
This was just boring..
Jun 3, 2016 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
the apocalypse be like some patch with the extra levels added lol
Oct 22, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
Akatsuki seems to have a mid-life crisis.
Jan 15, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
Henrietta loves Shiroe but decides not to fight for him, to enjoy this feelings on herown

to Akatsuki haters to bad for u cause shes gonna win Shiroe :)
but i don't mind Henrietta winning neither, just the fact is Akatsuki wins

considering Henrietta's appearance & what she does there in real life she was office worker possibly in a Bank, she looks & acts like the type

If some ppl haven't got it yet the killer uses boots & gauntlets of the royal guard so that makes him immortal & OP & also its the reason the guards wont show up to help them
Sugram22Jan 15, 2018 10:05 AM
Apr 8, 2018 5:28 AM

May 2016
A weak episode a lot of shitty crap was put in there.
Apr 29, 2018 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Slow episode...and I don't know what I'm watching anymore. "sigh"
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 24, 2019 5:59 PM

Feb 2015
Krusty sent a girl named Rieze to take care of Rayneshia. There's overall a christmas atmosphere in Akihabara. Akatsuki is having an intern struggle about how to become better and be more useful to Shiroe, due to her feelings for him, she started to watch other guild's practices and wanted to buy a sword, but someone bought it. Nyantan went to talk with Roderick about a gadget that Shiroe asked for. Kyouko, a member of West Wind Brigade's was attacked and murdered by a man named Enbart Nelles.

Well, the episode was ok, there's too much happiness about christmas season, but this guy appeared, it would be funny to call him Santa Clause now then. And it looks like he bought the sword that Akatsuki was looking for.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

221 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 19, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 21, 2015

88 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 13, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

128 by Meritas »»
Aug 6, 3:17 AM

» Shit kids

CleanWhip - Apr 15, 2022

11 by hazecloud »»
Aug 3, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

227 by Scootboi »»
Jul 2, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.