Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 1, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
Very divisive.
This episode felt fake
Dec 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
RediceRyan said:

This episode felt fake
it kind of does, especially the more and more i looked at all the subtle jokes being little shots at super sentai cliche's and having a joke attached to just about every scene and every monster just makes this feel a bit surreal

just mentioning again, having the villain named king torture with all his lackeys being in bondage gear was downright genius

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 1, 2013 3:02 PM

Jun 2011
WOW how dreadful can this be??how can they ruin a show like this???
it was really painful to watch.... almost dropped
Dec 1, 2013 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Wrong turn for the show, and the production in this episode went down too. The supernatural element is lame, even for a parody.

I wish they kept it real, with a believable villain or organization.
Dec 1, 2013 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
So many people dropping lol wtf

Yes it went in an unexpected direction, but I'm still enjoying it.
Dec 1, 2013 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
Well I'm still hoping... Definitely does feel like something is going to go wrong since everything seems to be going so well. I just really hope it isn't a dream.
Dec 1, 2013 10:10 PM

Jun 2012
Masayoshi's outfit keeps getting better and better. Hyped for the one we saw in the first promo art of the show
Also lol at the city council progressively pulling their forces back

Though I was surprised as hell with the reveal last week, I don't mind Samumenco going full Sentai on me while simultaneously commentating on Sentai-like shows
HybridMBLDec 1, 2013 10:15 PM
Dec 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
Why did this have to turn into some crappy Power Rangers anime........
Dec 2, 2013 1:31 AM
Oct 2013
The anime is very painful to watch. I was like watching a different anime. Not to mention the first few minutes makes you think yo skipped an episode. Sorry this anime had potential and went downright the drain in this episode.
Dec 2, 2013 4:10 AM

Aug 2012
There's still an entire cour left of this show.

Crossing my fingers...
Dec 2, 2013 4:36 AM

Dec 2012
Oh god, the "it's just a parody" crowd is the new 2deep4u.
Dec 2, 2013 6:17 AM
Dec 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:

Well, it's not like it doesn't have parody elements. It probably tries to be just a parody. The problem is, even for that, I still think the turn was too blunt and a mistake. This episode was full of silly monsters doing stupid things. Had they kept the outrageousness of the design a bit down (and not included the explosions), they might have gone with a "they actually are people in costumes" explanation. Making King Torture another deluded fool who enjoys Super Sentai and decided to emulate their villains would have been in line with the parody intent.

But over everything looms the seriousness of episode 7 ending. That was done just for shock value, and unless there's a VERY good explanation for it it's going to be the worst moment in the plot. There's no comedic cop out - someone physically turned into Guillotine Gorilla and KILLED people. That alone makes the threat level of these monsters higher than it would be otherwise. No matter how inept and comical they get, we still know they CAN kill if given the chance, and King Torture ultimately has a few human lives on his conscience, so laughing him off is quite hard (also, this is not a kind of "black humour" series, the scene was not only gruesome, it was also played straight). Given this, I can't see a proper comedic resolution for this conflict. If there will be one, it will feel out of place. If there will not be one, it will ruin the general satiric tone of the series. No matter how I look at it it's a lose-lose situation.
Dec 2, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:

2parody4u
Dec 2, 2013 6:55 AM
Oct 2011
Litrydow said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

2parody4u
http://oi44.tinypic.com/6z63ip.jpg
Dec 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Mar 2012
This series has certainly taken an odd turn.

I'm not going to drop it like a lot of people, but I am wondering why it's taken this really strange direction.
Dec 2, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
xAvengerx said:
Why did this have to turn into some crappy Power Rangers anime........

It was always a Power Rangers anime.........
Let's go bowling.
Dec 2, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
Dec 2, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2010
neontaster said:
New characters coming...

https://twitter.com/yoshi_xtsu/status/407490009051058176

That's all good, can't wait.
I call it now: The girl in the middle is Gotou's girlfriend.
Dec 2, 2013 12:43 PM

Jun 2011
eminagnam said:
Or was it all play in play or Hazama's hallucination?

I really hope so, it was kind of fast paced with Samumenco defeating few monsters in one episode, it is possible to take down the King Torture within few episodes, and I hope that the dream/hallucination ends there.

SpiritualState said:
I like how everyone is taking it easy even though they're being threatened by monsters

I, on other hand, disliked that.

It's not fun and funny anymore now.. I really hope it improves, even the art is getting worse.

BakaAniki said:
How come this went from my favorite anime this season to the one on the verge of dropping. This is sad.

Thundermace said:
That was a best ongoing of the season and now its a best spoil 2013
just RIP

True DX
ToG25thBaamDec 2, 2013 12:58 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 2, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
yeah i dont like what they have done here, ruined it a bit for me, i do still enjoy the character relations though. I personally think they should have kept it at regular people, they could have still given us a villain, just not some supernatural evolving dinosaurs...

Well whatever, i'll stick around and see where it goes
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 2, 2013 7:48 PM
Jun 2013
What. What....?

I'm gonna wait for a couple more eps to see if this is really going super-sentai route.
Dec 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
First new character revealed: Aoshima Souichi.

https://twitter.com/samumenco/status/407716942229676032
Dec 2, 2013 9:10 PM
Oct 2013
Sure call it a parody but the way they presented - a sudden transition, from the realistic theme to comical senseless plot advancement, is surely aggravating, confusing and no longer interesting.
Dec 2, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2012
mbdsquad said:
from the realistic theme

What was even remotely realistic about this show?

The measuring tape that you can swing down from the tops of buildings with? The stapler-nunchucks? The glue that allows you to walk on walls? The fact that no one recognized Hazama when he sounds exactly the same as Samurai Flamenco, knows everything about him, and looks just like him? The fact that Samurai Flamenco's identity was never revealed despite being beaten up multiple times? The fact that the Flamenco Girl(s) have some kind of taser-rod and can do gravity-defying super-jumps? The fact that no one recognizes them despite them looking and sounding exactly like a popular idol group that has 3 members? The fact that some guy in a costume managed to lower (petty)crime in a city so greatly? The fact that the Flamenco girls drive around in a huge pink Humvee but never seem to get caught or noticed? The fact that the Flamenco girls seem to know exactly where and when Samurai Flamenco will get into trouble and show up right before his mask comes off?

This show was about as realistic as Kill la Kill.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 3, 2013 12:34 AM
Oct 2013
Not that part
StopDropAndBowl said:
mbdsquad said:
from the realistic theme

The measuring tape that you can swing down from the tops of buildings with? The stapler-nunchucks? The glue that allows you to walk on walls? The fact that no one recognized Hazama when he sounds exactly the same as Samurai Flamenco, knows everything about him, and looks just like him? The fact that Samurai Flamenco's identity was never revealed despite being beaten up multiple times? The fact that the Flamenco Girl(s) have some kind of taser-rod and can do gravity-defying super-jumps? The fact that no one recognizes them despite them looking and sounding exactly like a popular idol group that has 3 members? The fact that some guy in a costume managed to lower (petty)crime in a city so greatly? The fact that the Flamenco girls drive around in a huge pink Humvee but never seem to get caught or noticed? The fact that the Flamenco girls seem to know exactly where and when Samurai Flamenco will get into trouble and show up right before his mask comes off?

Sure maybe the word "realistic" isn't the right word. Honestly, I think you get the sense/point I'm giving yet you posted sarcastically. Well I'll edit after I've searched the right word.
Dec 3, 2013 8:03 AM
Dec 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
mbdsquad said:
from the realistic theme

Let's call it "hardness" of the setting. Samumenco was realistic in character terms, with some unrealistic elements mostly done for the Rule of Funny (it IS a comedy after all). But the apparition of the new villains shifted that towards a "supernatural" kind of unrealistic. It's the difference between something unlikely (the crime reduction, Samumenco's paper-thin disguise working so well) and something that is literally breaking the laws of physics (a man turning into Guillotine Gorilla).

It's like the Simpsons - Homer can take some ridiculous falls and traumas that would kill a person IRL, but still, you don't expect demons to pop out in the middle of an episode (unless it's an Halloween special, that is). Almost all comedy works like this. You can't deny that there is a "difference", even though the setting never was literally realistic to begin with.
Dec 3, 2013 8:08 AM

Feb 2011
JizzyHitler said:
this became something it shouldnt have

Srsly -_- why did it have to turn into this ?
Dec 3, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
But that comes back around to my earlier question:

Where else could they have gone with this?

The joke of him lecturing purse-snatchers could not have lasted for another 15 episodes without it getting really, really old. Either they had to go Batman with it or they had to go where they did.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 3, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:

The joke of him lecturing purse-snatchers could not have lasted for another 15 episodes without it getting really, really old. Either they had to go Batman with it or they had to go where they did.

I am still unclear on where this show went exactly and so is everyone else. They are revealing new characters this week, none of whom look like monsters or aliens or robot assassins from the future. I don't know why people think this will be a monster of the week show. Even episode 8 wasn't monster of the week. They fought like 4 of them in one episode. It was just a montage to show you what they were doing. Nowhere was there ANY indication that this was going Super Sentai. I defy anyone to show me any evidence to support that claim.

People just love to complain, and some people love others to tell them what to think about things, so they come here and see people complaining and decide that they don't like it either instead of thinking for themselves.

And no, that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
Dec 3, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
This show is officially dead. What a way to jump the shark.
Dec 3, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
Character reveal #2: Midorikawa Hekiru.

https://twitter.com/samumenco/status/408083058575679489
Dec 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2008
neontaster said:

Aha!
So now we have the blue/green/pale team (as opposed to the red justice team) forming up!
- Aoshima (blue/green island) Souichi (blue/pale one)
- Midorikawa (green river) Hekiru (blue/green)
Nice villain team build up! So far these two sound like totally side characters. Waiting for all of them to be announced to see who's the main one. If it's not Kaname Jouji ^__^
Dec 4, 2013 12:42 AM

Nov 2010
Nice way to ruin the show. well played. >.<
Dec 4, 2013 1:36 AM

May 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:

i was interested in how they were gonna do this show.
going down the route they are now is like a scapegoat and i'm really disappointed.
I will still wait if they would pull off something good, but I haven't touched ep 8 or will so for next episodes until i read something interesting here.
Dec 4, 2013 4:12 AM

Apr 2013
Late to the party, but has anyone theorized that his fights against monsters is just his delusion getting the best of him?

In the episode before this one, he was called back to star in the final episode of whatever action show he was on before. As I remembered, he had very strong opinions of script and had suggestions since it was his fandom, but the director wasn't too interested. Could it be possible that since that series was ending, the director would be interested in creating a new show based on the urban hero Samurai Flamenco? Perhaps in a turn of events the director is somehow made aware of Samurai Flamenco's identity, which plays a part in Hazama's casting?

Starring in a TV show as a super hero literally based on himself could make him actually believe he is a super hero. If you watch the scenes where he fights monsters, it's pretty over the top and cliche, much to how the previous TV show was directed. There's a few holes in this, such as why the hell Gotou would be in the show... However, the rising success of the MMM band could be explained by the Flamenco girls also starring in the same show.

Also, when he reads about truth of his late parents, it parallels their deaths to the TV show. This could have been done just to be dramatic, or it could be the beginning of his delusions as this is one of the last scenes before he begins to fight monsters.

Another hint I believe is when Gotou gets a text from his girlfriend, something about Kazama seems different and how his eyes scare her (I forget the actual sub, it was something along these lines). Even before that, when Gotou inquires Hazama's well-being in fighting weird monsters, Hazama refers to himself as a super hero, to which Gotou tries to reply in almost an objectifying way, but is unable to finish his sentence as Hazama leaves.

It may seem impossible for this theory to be the case, as the show's mood doesn't seem nearly as dark or edgy to pull it off. I would be really disappointed though if this show did just turn up to be as silly as this last episode was.

Just thought i'd share my two cents :3
Dec 4, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2011
Kast0 said:
Late to the party, but has anyone theorized that his fights against monsters is just his delusion getting the best of him?

In the episode before this one, he was called back to star in the final episode of whatever action show he was on before. As I remembered, he had very strong opinions of script and had suggestions since it was his fandom, but the director wasn't too interested. Could it be possible that since that series was ending, the director would be interested in creating a new show based on the urban hero Samurai Flamenco? Perhaps in a turn of events the director is somehow made aware of Samurai Flamenco's identity, which plays a part in Hazama's casting?

Starring in a TV show as a super hero literally based on himself could make him actually believe he is a super hero. If you watch the scenes where he fights monsters, it's pretty over the top and cliche, much to how the previous TV show was directed. There's a few holes in this, such as why the hell Gotou would be in the show... However, the rising success of the MMM band could be explained by the Flamenco girls also starring in the same show.

Also, when he reads about truth of his late parents, it parallels their deaths to the TV show. This could have been done just to be dramatic, or it could be the beginning of his delusions as this is one of the last scenes before he begins to fight monsters.

Another hint I believe is when Gotou gets a text from his girlfriend, something about Kazama seems different and how his eyes scare her (I forget the actual sub, it was something along these lines). Even before that, when Gotou inquires Hazama's well-being in fighting weird monsters, Hazama refers to himself as a super hero, to which Gotou tries to reply in almost an objectifying way, but is unable to finish his sentence as Hazama leaves.

It may seem impossible for this theory to be the case, as the show's mood doesn't seem nearly as dark or edgy to pull it off. I would be really disappointed though if this show did just turn up to be as silly as this last episode was.

Just thought i'd share my two cents :3
I dont think this is the case, simply because he was supposed to go filming as Hazama not flamenco,

I think the its a TV shows theory is pretty null at this point, and i doubt the dream theory since there are new characters coming in. What im worried about now is that are they gonna go down the corrupted power storyline for hazama?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2013 8:11 AM

Jun 2012
neontaster said:
I am still unclear on where this show went exactly and so is everyone else. They are revealing new characters this week, none of whom look like monsters or aliens or robot assassins from the future. I don't know why people think this will be a monster of the week show. Even episode 8 wasn't monster of the week. They fought like 4 of them in one episode. It was just a montage to show you what they were doing. Nowhere was there ANY indication that this was going Super Sentai. I defy anyone to show me any evidence to support that claim.

People just love to complain, and some people love others to tell them what to think about things, so they come here and see people complaining and decide that they don't like it either instead of thinking for themselves.
I agree with all that you said, but just wanna say that this episode at least seemed a lot like a Super Sentai with all the outrageous and stupid villains that make physical sense, and the fact that the way they were defeated was all Samumenco and the Flamenco Girls' attempts at imitating a Super Sentai series. Of course I also doubt that it's going to stay like that for long.

And you're probably right about people complaining just to complain / fueling the already raging fires just to bolster their esteem. Of course, when people can find fault with just about anything, you have to admit that a sudden change in a series like this is bound to cause a lot of mixed opinions and arguments. Personally I actually like the direction it's taken, even if it came across as completely random.
Dec 4, 2013 10:30 AM

Mar 2008
Keep thinking why everything happened the way it happened.

A couple of meta-reasons:
1. The director didn't want to start with super sentai from ep.1 in order to gather the right audience. For some reason, it was important for him, that people watching the series were interested in character and relationship development, slice-of-life-like, comedic shows. Why? Part of this is, I think, answered by meta-reason #2.

2. The director needed to construct a world first that would strongly contrast the world of a standard super sentai show. This way he can deconstruct the genre, i.e. display the classic elements common for a superhero series to make them plain obvious for everybody, to make them stand out and play with them. That's how deconstruction works.

It's true that the means the director uses to achieve the goals might be considered questionable since still a number of people is likely to drop the show now, especially those who have been there solely for the comedy and haven't foreseen any drama at all. On the other hand, one could consider it another filter to target the right audience, i.e. those who are actually capable and are willing to listen to the message of the director.
Remember, this is a noitaminA show. And noitaminA shows in the last couple of years often reflect upon the current state of Japanese society, its actual problems, and raise questions about the need for heroes, the role of the government, the interaction between the people and the government, and so on. The Eden of the East and Gatchaman Crowds are very good examples to name a few.

That's why episode 8 felt like a good parody. Its purpose was to continue the super sentai deconstruction started at the end of the ep.7 on one hand and subtly continue the main story development on another. And this is where it gets really interesting. I bet you all noticed the prime minister reactions, didn't you? No self opinion judgement at all - just listening to what others are saying and keep with the flow. A little stressed on the first meeting... to... ahem... total ignorance and lol blushing two months later. Made me really curious what exactly he was dreaming about at that moment.

Regardless, what's truly important is the fact that the government's got relaxed. It's got bogged down in routine of meetings, got blind, no longer being able to think and perform the root cause analysis. It no longer really thinks about the future and the potential problems - it ignores them. People are not hurt now, so yeah, why care? Fukushima sure comes to mind here...
And exactly the same happened to our "superhero". Blinded by his own success, he no longer cares about the reason why the evil exists. Just like the government, Masayoshi merely fights what's on his plate here and now, instead of trying to prevent the root of all evil, King Torture, who, in fact, self-proclaimed so himself! And of course in reality Masayoshi doesn't even want to fight King Torture anymore - all he wants is to fight his monsters! They make him the hero. To be the superhero, he needs the evil to exist!
And that's exactly what King Torture as awaiting. Samumenco will get terribly crushed in the coming episodes. First, his team will likely start to break because Mari's losing interest. And at this very moment of justice team's total ignorance and weakness, the evil will strike back and progress to the next level with something neither the government nor Samumenco foresee - a hopefully strong opposing team. I'm very curious which key point will Jouji play in all this. We'll see.
Dec 4, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
neontaster said:

I agree with all that you said, but just wanna say that this episode at least seemed a lot like a Super Sentai with all the outrageous and stupid villains that make physical sense, and the fact that the way they were defeated was all Samumenco and the Flamenco Girls' attempts at imitating a Super Sentai series. Of course I also doubt that it's going to stay like that for long.

And you're probably right about people complaining just to complain / fueling the already raging fires just to bolster their esteem. Of course, when people can find fault with just about anything, you have to admit that a sudden change in a series like this is bound to cause a lot of mixed opinions and arguments. Personally I actually like the direction it's taken, even if it came across as completely random.

Oh this episode was definitely Super Sentai-ish, but I really felt like they were sorta goofing on it more than transitioning the show to be like it. In truth, it actually felt like a "calm before the storm" episode. They fight a bunch of monsters and defeat them handily, and then at the very end King Torture says to himself "yup. This is all part of my plan..." So we'll see what happens. I'm definitely curious.
Dec 4, 2013 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:

Just because you can't think of anything better doesn't mean they had to "go Batman." They just needed to continue exploring how the life of someone in his position would work. What exactly would they do? Not sure myself, but that's no excuse for this bullshit.
Dec 4, 2013 4:20 PM
Mar 2011
I think that it's difficult to understand what is happening in the last two episodes. It could be a dream, a tv-show, imagination, a show to show Flamenco to the citizens (like they planned to do), reality... or the whole show was a dream, or a half of the show... It looks more like a joke from the production company. But it's still more or less ok.

Also it's true that it becomes less and less realistic. It was more realistic when he couldn't fight (but somehow was managing to survive), then it became less realistic when he learned how fight really quickly, and then they began to use strange tools, jump twice higher than a human, and what we have is this...
Dec 4, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
https://twitter.com/samumenco/status/408417462036623361

Third character reveal: Kuroki Anji

soulelle said:
neontaster said:

Aha!
So now we have the blue/green/pale team (as opposed to the red justice team) forming up!
- Aoshima (blue/green island) Souichi (blue/pale one)
- Midorikawa (green river) Hekiru (blue/green)
Nice villain team build up! So far these two sound like totally side characters. Waiting for all of them to be announced to see who's the main one. If it's not Kaname Jouji ^__^

So following along your color theory, Kuroki (black tree) Anji (child of darkness).
Dec 4, 2013 6:42 PM
Oct 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
mbdsquad said:
from the realistic theme

Oh please, stop comparing Samurai Flamenco's heroic idealism, somewhat a slice of life world to Kill La Kill's complete surrealistic animation and plot devices. Both anime's are two universes apart.

Ah, I've searched but realism is still the right word. It's just that your perspective of the word "realism" is different than what I've been mentioning.

I may agree that this show already lacks the plot devices to continue after episode 6 but again, the way they executed and follow through with all those build-ups of the realistic portrayal and dilemma of conventional heroes became so vexing to watch. Wearing a batman suit isn't bad unless you went fighting without your bottom against a nerd glass villain who was simply buying his favorite anime DVD. Yep folks, straightway example of having right purpose but with the wrong time and the wrong place.

And look at the poll around 40% voted 3 or less than which undoubtedly shows that a lot of people are dismayed on the recent events of the anime.
ExplodingGirlDec 4, 2013 6:47 PM
Dec 5, 2013 3:59 AM

Mar 2008
neontaster said:

So following along your color theory, Kuroki (black tree) Anji (child of darkness).
Oh, the third guy sure sounds more of an impact to the story as a character than the first two. Really curious about the last girl now.
By the way, the theory is not stricltly speaking colour-based. The Flamenco team is not really represented by Red colour in their characters name. The names have rather "light, pure, good" meanings. But yeah, it's easy to notice that the red colour is the main colour of the SF's uniform. And blue/green/pale colour is commonly opposed to red in Japanese. Anyway, now we also have gloom and darkness which sounds like a true antonym to light and pure. Can't wait for tonight's episode.
Dec 5, 2013 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
At this point I think I'm finally prepared to call this show a complete failure. What a waste.
Dec 5, 2013 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
what just happened?

Dec 5, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2012
lol they yell "Viva Torture!" like they looked forward to exploding.
Haha, what's with the prime minister? xD
I'm glad they had a little scene in memory of the officers that died.

Well I am still upset that this series took such a turn, but I don't dislike this series. .

Dec 5, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2012
Redfoxoffire said:

Just because you can't think of anything better doesn't mean they had to "go Batman." They just needed to continue exploring how the life of someone in his position would work. What exactly would they do? Not sure myself, but that's no excuse for this bullshit.

How would they continue exploring something that was already completely explored? It's not a matter of me just not being creative enough to think of a solution, it's a matter of there actually not being a real solution. Thematically, they had reached the end of any real dramatic value from further exploring the hero-of-the-real-world trope. Hazama had already accomplished everything he could accomplish, and had done it so completely that he had essentially become nothing more than a mascot. There was nowhere left to go.

This "bullshit" is the only reasonable place they could have gone. Until someone gives a legitimate alternative, then this point stands unchallenged.

mbdsquad said:

Oh please, stop comparing Samurai Flamenco...to Kill La Kill

I made one comparison. Replace Kill la Kill with any completely unrealistic story and you have the exact same comparison. Samurai Flamenco had as much realism as Superman.

And look at the poll around 40% voted 3 or less than which undoubtedly shows that a lot of people are dismayed on the recent events of the anime.

Look at the highest grossing movies of all time. Most of them are either bad, mediocre, or pretty good. Only a few of them are actually great movies.

Also, most people are looking at this from the RIGHT NOW perspective, which is dumb. The show isn't even halfway through yet.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
soulelle said:
neontaster said:

Oh, the third guy sure sounds more of an impact to the story as a character than the first two. Really curious about the last girl now.
By the way, the theory is not stricltly speaking colour-based. The Flamenco team is not really represented by Red colour in their characters name. The names have rather "light, pure, good" meanings. But yeah, it's easy to notice that the red colour is the main colour of the SF's uniform. And blue/green/pale colour is commonly opposed to red in Japanese. Anyway, now we also have gloom and darkness which sounds like a true antonym to light and pure. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Fourth character is Momoi Sakura. Momoi is like peach-colored.

https://twitter.com/samumenco/status/408825712871620608
Dec 5, 2013 9:34 PM
Oct 2013
mbdsquad said:

Oh please, stop comparing Samurai Flamenco...to Kill La Kill

I made one comparison. Replace Kill la Kill with any completely unrealistic story and you have the exact same comparison. Samurai Flamenco had as much realism as Superman.

Look at the highest grossing movies of all time. Most of them are either bad, mediocre, or pretty good. Only a few of them are actually great movies.

Also, most people are looking at this from the RIGHT NOW perspective, which is dumb. The show isn't even halfway through yet.

I completely disagree. Right now, right after, whatever time is - what separates great anime series to mediocre or bad ones are consistency, development and fluency (and others I need not to mention). Even Gintama, one of the troll(est) anime ever wouldn't pull a stunt like this Samurai Flamenco did.

Ok let's say it's purposedly a parody since the beginning. But what the hell? Took 6 episodes making realistic points and limitations of a modern hero, then suddenly the anime tore its own flesh by creating a monkey with a guillotine on its stomach kill police officers in raid. It's suicidal on the simplest term.

And please stick to animes. Animes aren't -wood movies. Speaking of anime movies, please watch Studio Ghiblis' works fluidity of plot and watch animes like Daily Lives of Highschool Boys if you haven't. At least even for a parodical/comical theme, they make sense ALL THROUGH OUT the series. Samurai Flamenco didn't. It's became bad after 2 consecutive episodes, and as such some people are dropping it one by one.

For me, however, I will continue watching this anime and maybe ended up giving it 7 at most, instead of 5 now.
ExplodingGirlDec 5, 2013 9:40 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.