Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it continues from last week. Let the mindfuck continue

RIP those officers.
Ah so much weirdness. Let's see here. What was that drama on the road with those ugly beasts? I feel sorry for those passengers having to deal with this. Samurai Flamenco girl's return wasn't surprising to me this episode especially since I know she loves to get into this sort of stuff. The teamwork was fun to watch though. Actually, 4 of them at once gives them a better chance. The end entry of that fight reminds me of Power Rangers lol..

Nov 28, 2013 8:45 AM
Dec 2012
They really went for supernatural fantasy? Or was it all play in play or Hazama's hallucination? Either way it's disappointing.
Nov 28, 2013 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
eminagnam said:
They really went for supernatural fantasy? Or was it all play in play or Hazama's hallucination? Either way it's disappointing.
its actually taking the supernatural path, the episode descriptions of the future episodes confirmed that.

That is unless they really did intend on dragging out this as a dream of hazama's for multiple episodes and then end it when hazama fights the robot from the start. though that isnt gonna happen, so just get used to the fact that this became something it shouldnt have

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
Evil organization does not seem that strong. Pity those guillotined police officers....

Sakuga seems quite shaky...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 28, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
Let it be known Episode 7 is where this series jumped the shark.
Signatures Suck
Nov 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
I am really surprised that the show took this turn and I am honestly not sure if I like it. It is just kinda weird and doesn't make any sense.
Nov 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 28, 2013 11:00 AM
Aug 2011
This was really painful to watch, I almost couldn't make it through the episode.
Also, everyone looks really derpy.

uhhhmmmmmmmmmmm...

640 ppl dropped, hopefully i'll remember to watch this number next week because I think it will interesting
standNov 28, 2013 11:06 AM
Nov 28, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2010
When I look at all the characters, I start to see them all as children. It makes me think it's all a fantasy of some child Hazama.

Either way, It's going to get interesting, I'm pretty sure. Each episode is wildly different, and I think the next episode is going to have us all going "whaaaaaaaaaaat" again.
Nov 28, 2013 11:04 AM
Jan 2012
That was incredibly boring despite the monsters running around.
Dropped.
Nov 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
This show had so much potential.. until they added supernatural elements, and evil beings...
Nov 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
Wow......... Just wow. This is for real? Just why? Seriously.. I was really hoping it was just filming or some kind of dream, but apparently not. I'm sad to say this, but I'm done with this show. :/
R.I.P. Samurai Flamenco, you will be missed.
Nov 28, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2013
I seem to be the only one enjoying this at all. It was better when it was more realistic and I wish they would have had an evil organization without the crazy monsters. I don't think this is terrible, not as good as before, but not terrible. Before I would have given it an 9 or 8 but now its more of a 7 or a 6. Maybe it'll become better, still have a lot of episodes left. Flamenco Sapphire <3
Baku219Nov 28, 2013 11:28 AM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 28, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
I dont know what to think about this anime anymore. The last 2 episodes hit the nail in the coffin :/
Nov 28, 2013 11:25 AM
Jul 2011
I for one love the campy path this show is taking. Glad it's not taking itself seriously which would have made this show worse if it did.
Nov 28, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder how many will drop it after this ep XD

Well, seems like I'll be thinking about this as a silly comedy show for now (unless shit gets real later on).

All I'm really excited to see now and one of the main reasons I'll continue is to see Goto's gf >.<
Nov 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Aug 2013
Awesome episode, and after credits scene confirms that there are greater things to come.
Nov 28, 2013 11:35 AM
Jul 2010
I think there will be much more surprises to come. It was strange to see how silly it became (like how monsters were quickly defeated and how stupid they all looked) at the same time building Masayoshi's heroic self even more. I think this strange shift is done intentionally and will quickly escalate into something even more. And i am eager to see what this show has for us in store.
Nov 28, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2011
Sigh... such disappointment. I can't watch this with the same mindset I was watching it before, all the characters are suddenly losing their appeal, it's like a bad comedy act. I like how everyone is taking it easy even though they're being threatened by monsters, which they could make a little more interesting by the way. This will be a hard pill to swallow but I'm interested to see what craziness they will bring up next.
Nov 28, 2013 11:42 AM
Oct 2011
It's hard taking this seriously, though when are tokusatsu shows supposed to be taken seriously?

http://i39.tinypic.com/scs4es.png
oh I'm sure they would if they saw themselves lol.

Btw, here's something clever from episode 1:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2e5jf29.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2k4ro.jpg
http://oi44.tinypic.com/axb21y.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2qk6u14.jpg
Candor123Nov 28, 2013 11:50 AM
Nov 28, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
Best episode of the show.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 28, 2013 11:43 AM
May 2009
Hmm...the bad guys seem to come out...every week. Like a sentai show, I'm guessing King Torture is just a guy acting out his sentai villain dreams like how Hazama is acting out his superhero dream
Nov 28, 2013 11:45 AM
Sep 2012
WTF are the producers of the show thinking. It doesn't make any sense anymore. So painful to watch the whole episode. This is so f**king stupid. A BIG BAD JOKE.
Nov 28, 2013 11:48 AM
Mar 2008
So they were serious.
I cannot really fucking believe they went this way.
Fucking dropped.
Nov 28, 2013 11:54 AM
Oct 2011
Thread for the guy in episode 1:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=697003
Nov 28, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
WTF IS GOING ON WHEN IS THE SHOW GOING TO TURN BACK TO NORMAL I CANT PUT UP WITH THIS FOR 22 EPS SOMEBODY HEEEEELP!!
Nov 28, 2013 12:03 PM
Oct 2011
Some people never watched Power Rangers when they were young? Or any tokusatsu shows? Kamen Rider? Anyone?

The show is still a parody, and it's still not supposed to be taken seriously. It's a parody or homage to sentai shows. And it's fun as fuck.

Last episode I was thinking they were going to make it all serious and drop the parody part, but it doesn't seem that way to me.
Candor123Nov 28, 2013 12:07 PM
Nov 28, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of people are dropping this show, looks like this shift is not that appealing to the audience. Honestly, I feel like something bigger is going to happen with this story, that is the reason why I am not dropping this. Plus Hazama's new outfit was pretty awesome, especially with that Flamenco Tornado. Anyway, we have 14 more episodes to go, anything could happen at this point, and seeing how Hazama is changing, things might go a darker route.
Nov 28, 2013 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
DISAPPOINTED. MINDFUCKED. SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 28, 2013 12:12 PM
Jul 2013
I have no problems with the direction the show is taking. Do people expect anime to be realistic or something?
Nov 28, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
parfaited said:
This was really painful to watch, I almost couldn't make it through the episode.
Also, everyone looks really derpy.

uhhhmmmmmmmmmmm...

640 ppl dropped, hopefully i'll remember to watch this number next week because I think it will interesting

>same. I think Masayoshi becomes some evil motherfucker and then we will see how much this shit will become a serious lol nope.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Nov 28, 2013 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I do not like the direction this show is going at all. It was a boring episode, the villains are terrible enough not to taken seriously but not cheezy enough to say "it's so bad, it's good" and the supernatural elements ruined the Quixotic element the show had. And even the animation was subpar in this ep.

No having said that, the guy who directed Baccano and Durarara did this, so I'm still desperately hoping that there's some twist coming that will justify this strange turn of events. I'm thinking that there will be some sort of angle like Kazama's hopes/dreams are becoming reality, a Haruhi Suzumiya if you will. There are some strange things like the lack of an appearance of Goto's girlfriend that make me think there should be more to it than there is now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
This shift is so unnatural that I have the feeling it's not here to stay, or that it's going to mean something more in time.

I'd stick with this one folks.
Nov 28, 2013 12:21 PM
Oct 2011
Seriously guys, don't tell me you didn't enjoy this..
http://oi42.tinypic.com/2evq5cl.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/rvvjtk.jpg
Nov 28, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
No wonder why MAL gets such a bad reputation. An anime decides to do something differently and people decide to drop it before giving it a good chance. I'm pretty sure the writers know what they are doing. There's still 14 more episodes to go, not 4. Anything can happen at this point.
Nov 28, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
I got a feeling that Mari is going to one of the bad guys. She was bored and pretty much gave up on becoming a hero since Hazama took all the monsters. Hazama is changing drastically , completely lost against lust.

motherharlot said:
I have no problems with the direction the show is taking. Do people expect anime to be realistic or something?

Yes , I was expecting this anime to be realistic , wise , thoughtful.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 28, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
That was...pretty damn bad.I barely finished watching the episode.
It still feels like Hazama is dreaming, because everything is just so ridiculous.

If this continues for 3-6 episodes more i'll have to drop it.Unfortunately.
Nov 28, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2012
This is really bothering me.. but I will still keep on watching just to see who is Goto's gf. Haha, it was funny when Hazama saw his manager on the bus.

I am still clinging to a very small hope that this anime will redeem itself with the later episodes.. It's such a waste.
Nov 28, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2012
This show took a turn for the worst. I'm not going to drop it after all the supernatural stuff since I do watch Toksatsu shows. I just liked how it had realism, and now that luster is gone and replaced with something that seems so childish and just plain bland. I would have preferred them going against an alliance of drug cartels or a terrorist organization.

As for the actual episode, it was fast-paced, not the usual pacing I enjoyed from the episodes before this. The monster fights just flew by, this was a month's worth of Tokusatsu episodes jammed packed into 30 minutes. However, I do enjoy how they are keeping character development which is a strong point. Masayoshi has acquired his dream, but he feels off,as if he lost the glow that drew me in and made me like him as a character. And that was noticed by Goto through his (elusive) girlfriend.
Nov 28, 2013 12:45 PM
Oct 2011
An old promotion picture of the show btw:
http://www.waoanime.tv/images/1380854258.jpg

ok this is gonna be my last spam..
Nov 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Oh. It wasn't a dream.
Nov 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
Riez said:
I got a feeling that Mari is going to one of the bad guys. She was bored and pretty much gave up on becoming a hero since Hazama took all the monsters. Hazama is changing drastically , completely lost against lust.
motherharlot said:

Yes , I was expecting this anime to be realistic , wise , thoughtful.

+1 It should also be extremely serious and embody a deeply heroic message for anyone who aspires to become a vigilante hero

Candor said:
Seriously guys, don't tell me you didn't enjoy this..
http://oi42.tinypic.com/2evq5cl.jpg

I think I had a stunned grin by that point. Lord this is just fantastic
Nov 28, 2013 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
I am sure something else is going on, the writing seemed to be competent beforehand but it is extremely out of character now, the only thing I can figure is that something is going on that will be revealed in later episodes that will get it to make sense.
Nov 28, 2013 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
The ridiculous defeats of the torture monsters made it clear it's gonna get pretty serious later on. Who you think king torture is? I think it's that guy who flirts with hazama's boss everytime
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Nov 28, 2013 1:16 PM

Jun 2011
Viva Torture!
As his gear gets upgraded so does his ego.
He is turning into the embodiment of what current TV drama super heroes are hot air and huge egos.
Nov 28, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
Why did this show have do go and get so weird on us? My only hope is that they explain it really well about what's going on. Everything just feels awkward and badly written at this point.
wow gay
Nov 28, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2012
It feels weird that the monsters are so easy to defeat, almost as if they are meant for Flamenco to defeat....Hm maybe set up for some reason?

Plus, It's funny how everyone was going about their lives like normal even with the crazy starting, and in the meantime, Masayoshi is becoming a little arrogant.

This anime is nuts, but I'm enjoying it for that very reason.
Nov 28, 2013 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
And this is where the series starts to get dumb... Well, that's a pity, the beginning was not that bad. But let's see how it continues /:
Nov 28, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
Ooooh a new outfit, he is most likely going to get another one though.

Viva torture!

That was his costume from when he was on TV, we knew that.
VioLinkNov 28, 2013 1:40 PM
[center]
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
3 hours ago

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.