Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 23, 2011 2:58 PM

Apr 2011
really love Sakamoto-san^^
May 24, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Best parts were the popcorn and lift scenes.
May 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2009
This episode has kept up my love for the series. although there were two skits that bored me:

Yuuko Joke segment
That one where the three are walking to school. Yeah. Granted, my disappointment was not the fault of the anime as this was my least favorite of all the Nichijou manga chapters I read. Still, I don't know why, but this skit didn't even get a chuckle out of me. Perhaps it was CrunchyRoll's translation of the jokes (so much humor gets lost in translation) or just that it wasn't that entertaning. Regardless, I didn't like it.

Elevator Scene
Sort've. I was laughing at the end of it but for most of the skit I was bored. Just. . .I didn't find it that funny. The wacky screens didn't help either. Not much to say other than I didn't like it.

Besides that, though, I found the rest of the jokes entertaining, even Helvetica Standard (okay, I'm shallow, I liked it because it was a guy pulling another guy's clothes off but moving on). The 'Things We Think are Cool' skit is my favorite because of how out of the blue it was.

Also, Gundere and Sasahara need more skits.
May 24, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2010
LOL Seki Tomokazu at the end. I loved the popcorn, elevator, and the teeth scenes. "YOUR A ROBOT, SO YOU CAN'T GET CAVITIES!!" 0o0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Fucking funny.
May 25, 2011 6:45 AM

Aug 2008
Awwh, I just started to watch the series and I have kind of mixed feelings about it - I really like Mio/Yuuko/Mai interaction and especially background character (teachers/Koujiro/Misato etc.) stories... So, half of the show is usually great and laughable but when it comes to Hakase/Nano/Sakamoto scenes, I'm bored to death. I'm not into moe art either, so it really doesn't help with those.

I loved the elevator scene in this ep. It was so static and weird and reminded me of SHAFT's works.
MinekoMay 25, 2011 8:43 AM
May 25, 2011 3:21 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was little less funny but still delivered very good comedy in most of its segments. I am most angry at the following article here. Even though it may be right, it has no right in thinking the meaning of it is that. It was meant more as a parody of insulting that form with comedy whereas it should be hentai and erotic in nature. Rather well done IMO in regards to that.

My first part, is rather amazing of Yuko playing with the words. Loved the girls' summer uniforms in the spoiler
Liked words gags such as the tenki being in fact meaning not nice weather but numeric pad. Nicely done and funny with TL notes. Loved Yuko's shocked face and the exclamation face whom has a nice arty difference. I appreciated her face here due to it having that expression. Oh my Nano! You are so close to Yuko in the spoiler
yet another excellent close encounter with the other side. Lovely Yuko angry face, love the way it is represented and of course Yuko sweaty shocked face at being ignore is full of win. I really loved Yuko's face with its setup mostly in the spoiler
that was really funny. The bogo (native language)/boku go(my language) gag was hilarious along with Yuko's facial expression. Of course this is the face that made all difference in the following,

in which the article I mention refers to. Funny comedy parody of the Ahegao face and so in the end none came to class at all.

The other part, which I loved so much as Misato being shy as follows,

OMG that was way too adorable of her. Really nice segment that deserves a good look at. First off I really did like seeing more interaction between Misato and her 2 friends Fet-chan/Weboshi, whom liked bother styles. You got to love the single bazooka blast and if that was not enough double bazooka blast! I don't know where she gets all these weapons but there all military standards and OMG that is rather ironically funny. So lovely that handkerchief of Sasahara being held by Minato in the spoiler
I could not even believe that Minato pulls out a grenade out of nowhere. Well I do find cute that she gets all red prior to her full red shy face over the fact that Sasahara does notice that it got ironed and picked up after it dropped despite Misato's home being in the direct opposite direction. In other words Minato likes Sasahara as much as Mio does else Misato would not go out of her way to do all this for Sasahara that dropped his handkerchief. This will created a rather comedic triangle of love and I cannot wait to see how it will resolve. Will one of the girls kiss Sasahara or will a fight get insane between the 2 girls? Considering that Misato is more crazy than Mio IMO with her weapons. In any case best was the end of this segment with a cannon ball that can most likely launch the mini nuke like a apple in the spoiler
there is no other insane explanation than that other than the destruction being at a minimal exaggeration. Well that is one of the gags that are good in this series.

The elevator part, was just plain weird and out of my understanding too much of it in regards to the drooling as well as facials in the spoiler
makes no sense less you think they are stuck in the elevator for days. Not sure about that one. The sudden laughing and insanity of Yuko in the spoiler
does convey well the cabin fever syndrome that results in insanity in one's behavior.

The Hakase genius segment, was amazing amazing! You cannot deny the absolute MOE of Hakase sleeping in the spoiler
way too adorable.
In fact it can beat Erio in a sense with the MOE. Well I still find that
the watch on Nano's hand to be useful and I find myself LOL so hard at sudden rocket hand flying off when you consider it flies high in the sky. It was short and really hilarious of seeing Hakase throw the popcorn at Sakamoto. Now that was funny. Sakamoto suddenly get a tail playing frenzy was a nice short gag. It got me laughing. The final gag segment of Hakase lying to Nano about snacking was very good. Particularly that
Hakase is easy to read lying with those eyes and the fact she realized too late of the crumbs on her mouth. (those eyes are cool while surprised) I still don't get this and the point of it. Rather strange throughout the episode. Finally Hakase's angry face and Nano's surprised face were win in the spoiler
really liked them. Really amazing series. I find myself enjoying it sometimes a lot sometimes less but always 75%~100% enjoyment rate on average ever single episode up to this one. Way to go Japan!
Yumekichi11May 25, 2011 3:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 25, 2011 4:25 PM
Jul 2009
Wow, what a great overview of everything in that episode :D. I must ask though, who's subs did you use? As you say the TL notes help the jokes.
May 26, 2011 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
A little more weird than usual, but still good.

So she is a tsundere, but her violent actions could make her a yandere too. Then again, all tsunderes are violent but she takes it to a whole new level.
May 28, 2011 8:47 AM

May 2010
So random. =,=

The animation style of the elevator scene felt like SHAFT's. :D

Sakamoto with his cat acts really amuses me. xD
May 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Damn how can so many people LOVE this episode even, guess it's just not for me, whole episode didn't make me laugh even once this time...
May 30, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
"eggplant"
hahahahaha
"she's dead"
hahahahaha
"nobody is coming to help"
hahahahaha

I officially love Nichijou!!! <3
May 31, 2011 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
Really, really didn't like this episode. One or two good moments. But most of it lacked the payoff I wanted.

Done. Dropped.
Jun 2, 2011 11:45 PM
Aug 2008
Let's play shiritori.....
.....mikan.
Jun 5, 2011 2:04 AM

Aug 2010
The elevator scene and the übertsundereness of Misato took the cake in this one for me.
Jun 9, 2011 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
LMAO that elevator scene, for one moment I had the feel I was watching Evangelion.

It just keeps getting better.
Jun 12, 2011 11:44 PM

May 2010
That elevator scene was trippy, yet it was the best bit of that episode. Eggplant! XD

Nichijou is an awesome comedy anime!

Jun 19, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
That popcorn throwing was awesome, the talking eggs too.
Jun 20, 2011 12:22 AM

May 2008
Tachibana Misato = Tsundere....
Jun 24, 2011 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Hakase and Sakamoto with the popcorn scene is hilarious. Poor Yukko, denied by her friends. xD How cute~!

Sakamoto is playing with his tail! And the way he sleeps too. My cat sleep that way also. xD I love the fact every episodes their are different voice actors narrates. :)

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 24, 2011 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Damn, they got me when they started cracking up in the lift! And I told myself I wasn't going to laugh. >.<
Jul 27, 2011 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
Sakamoto chasing his own tail.. hehe.
Aug 3, 2011 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
Misato is one of the cutest tsundere I've ever seen.

I think I'd prefer it if the series primarily focused on Nano, The Professor, and Sakamoto. I like Nichijou's surreal take on the classic high school SOL, but high school SOL is so common that even a unique take on it feels overdone.
RedMage23Aug 3, 2011 11:54 AM
Aug 28, 2011 10:36 AM

Mar 2010
it was alright

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 23, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
Liked the elevator scene, not much else though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 7, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
Mio and Mai’s faces at the beginning exactly match the expression I wear every time I watch Nichijou. I don’t really know why, I don’t laugh.

I still like Misato.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 4, 2012 10:04 PM

May 2010
StormViruz said:

The animation style of the elevator scene felt like SHAFT's. :D

I thought that it felt like Gainax as I was watching it, but looking back at it I could totally see Shaft in there too. Either way it was awesome.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 9, 2012 1:09 AM

Feb 2011
Misato almost killed me with her moe, seriously wow. The elevator was just pure insanity. And Nano wanting a cavity feature? Oh wow haha.
May 27, 2012 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Elevator scene, short thought, rocket hand, tsundere girl, and popcorn through were all hilarious. Even when the rest of the show is average, it always has a good 4 or 5 moments that keep me laughing to myself well after I finish the episode.
Jul 25, 2012 3:16 AM

May 2009
this one was not good
most of the scenes were not funny
Aug 4, 2012 10:20 PM

Apr 2012
This was pretty much my reaction to the entire episode:

Sep 24, 2012 4:13 PM

May 2012
The popcorn throwing was the best of this episode xD

Apr 9, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2009
The elevator scene reminded me of Shaft...
Jun 23, 2013 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know why, but I feel like I was supposed to understand what happened in the first segment. Grrr, Mio-chan, Mai-chan, WHAT IS HAPPENING!! Why don't you speak!! Mai-chan is always like that but why do u do it too Mio! I thought Mio was copyin Mai, or somebody was a ghost!... why are they skipping class? did they intend to skip the whole time? if so, why relaxed or joyful?! Oh man, they must have some serious s*** to do! Is there an exposition in the manga? I was trying too hard to find out what happened in that specific scene. (what was I thinking? nothing in Nichijou usually makes sense anyways :P)

Eh, I bet it was a monday and Mio and Mai just had enough of her crappy jokes n just said "screw it!" hahaha XD
Jul 17, 2013 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
Boba_Fett said:

Indeed. xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 3, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2013
Boba_Fett said:

Agreed. I about shit my pants from laughing.
Sep 1, 2013 2:56 AM

Apr 2012
My favorite scenes were Popcorn and Tsundere. But after all this episode wasn't so funny, the most parts were boring :o
Jun 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
the trio kind of sucked this episode... only saving light was yuuko (the elevator is depressing as hell and creepy when they started laughing o_O)

saving light of episode: sasahara/tachibana and shinonome laboratory

who wants a cavity feature? lol
Jul 25, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf, this has to be the most boring episode of this show I didn't laugh at all, not once.
When watching 4-koma, this is serious problem.
Oct 27, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2014
Misato is on a new level of tsundere..
What's up with the elevator scene? I was yawning the whole time while watching that part..

Most boring EP yet..
Feb 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Episode somewhat cryptic, have a narrative so fragmented leads to difficult to become his interpretation since they are very little guessed sometimes the facts shown.
Perhaps the first part is the most sympathetic.
Drawings that maintain a certain charm, as well as the pastel colors.
Mar 9, 2015 3:52 PM

Jun 2014
The popcorn and the chasing the tail parts were short and cute.

I was hoping that the trio would start killing each other in the elevator instead of just laughing at everything.

The last scene with the snacks and the cavity was so cute. The professor can give Nano a cavity feature, but won't remove the key on the back.

May 23, 2015 6:30 AM
Dec 2011
shuncchi said:
zimno said:
The greatest impact in this ep is this, for me

too much cool!!

hahah awesome fund xD
and best elevator scene ever xD

holly god the bike is real !! wow i want one :3
May 23, 2015 6:35 AM
Dec 2011
elevetor scene was weird but funny when they started to laugh .. i want sasahara mio moments! dont like the chick with guns :3 maybe i love mio too much :3
Aug 3, 2015 5:13 PM

Jul 2014
1/5
Aug 18, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
Lol, I was eating Popcorn when Hakase had Popcorn. But I dont have a cat to throw at it xD

I love how the side characters have their running gags. And I really want to go thru that persons mind who comes up with those Helvetica Animations lol.
<3
Aug 20, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
Oct 21, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
Dang, big guns girl takes tsundere to a whole new level O_o

I can't even begin to explain that elevator scene. WTF hahaha "there is no god" xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 12:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Tsundere-san was the best, lol! Elevator scene was good too. Sakamoto kawaii!

4/5
Feb 16, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
The elevator scene was easily the best of this, LOL.
May 10, 2016 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
The elevator part was really boring, but the way they used the black screen was cool
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Apr 2, 2011

288 by watsym »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 30, 2011

141 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shuncchi - Apr 23, 2011

153 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Apr 16, 2011

137 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Sep 24, 2011

258 by TheFinnGuy_ »»
May 8, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.