Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2009 11:35 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyones home and safe but who the hell is that creepy blonde kid.

Aug 15, 2009 1:34 PM
Feb 2009
All i can say is i am glad i already have the bount arc out of the way (watched it first a while ago because it wasn't in the manga) so now i can skip past them and continue on with the main story :)

Mar 23, 2010 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Haha, Ken-chan wanting to fight Ichigo again. x]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 20, 2010 7:50 AM

Jan 2010
LOL when they enter that senkai gate again ^^
Nov 24, 2010 4:28 PM
Mar 2010
Is it just the versions i am watching or do all of the eps have a kind of recap at the start?
Kind of rounding the arc off then? I assume Rukia will come back into it though xD
Nov 25, 2010 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
Awww! That was great. I've been recommended to either stop here for good or skip the bount... I think I'm gonna go ahead and watch the bount arc.

So far I give this series an 8/10 I've really enjoyed watching this ^^
Dec 8, 2011 9:35 AM

Oct 2011
Hmm. Ok finisher for the whole Save Rukia arc. From what I hear, the story takes a dip from here. Perhaps I should stop watching for now.
Mar 13, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2009
Nah, fuck it I'm going to continue. If the series get's as bad as people say, then why should I not suffer with them?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 9, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
End of a great arc indeed, was a blast watching. So apparently Kubo planned everything up until this point, so seems like it will all go south afterwards. Shame really... I'll put this on hold for now, and then I will watch the next arc someday.

Uryu says to Ichigo they're still rivals because he's a Quincy? Didn't he lose all his Quincy powers after fighting the captain?
Dec 20, 2012 2:19 PM

Dec 2010
Nice ending episode, I liked it. I wonder if I'll watch the bount arc now...

GodotCoffee said:
Uryu says to Ichigo they're still rivals because he's a Quincy? Didn't he lose all his Quincy powers after fighting the captain?

This is exactly why he's making excuses.
Mar 18, 2013 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think I'll stop for good but at least I will put it on hold until I get the next DVD set (which will be a long time).
Jul 27, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2012
Recap aside, this was a pretty nice wrap up episode. Really funny too! (Bleach is at its best when it's comedic imo) And it was nice to see my favorite character (Uraraha) again! This could've been a fitting end to the series, had the villain not escaped that is.

But of course there are 300 more episodes to go. *sigh* This Soul Society arc was okay, but way too long and melodramatic. And people say it's the best part of the series so yeah, i dont know if i feel like watching the rest. I may or may not continue in the future, but right now? Nah.

(I may also check out the first Bleach film since i hear it's pretty good.)
who_dat_ninjaJul 27, 2013 9:28 AM
Aug 2, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
If it weren't for Uraharas "This is just the beggining" line.. this really could have been the end of the series. Well..time to watch some filler!
Sep 18, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2012
An extra long episode which seems more like two episodes where in the first half the recap and the second part a pretty decent ending to the arc a happy ending I must say. Lets see what happens next!
Mar 21, 2014 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
SO yeah this was a very decent ending for this season bc other then that it has been a very good series so far very long though but that is also good for it though.
Sep 9, 2014 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was a nice ending to that arc anyway I wanted to see Yoruichi's human form at least.. damn man. And what she said to Urahara has been bothering me: "We'll never die peacefully"...wtf? don't tell me that theyhave some kind of disease or something, I'd be flipping.

An astronomical amount of filler... ugh
Sep 17, 2014 11:27 PM

Oct 2009
Rukia decided to stay at Soul Society :(
I wanted Rukia-Ichigo to progress into a bit of romance.
Gib [img] plz
Apr 5, 2015 1:38 AM

Jul 2014
Skipped the first half of the episode, because recaps are a no for me. The arc was pretty good, but I heard it all goes downhill from here. Gonna watch it anyway, without fillers ofc.
Jun 23, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
Glad this super long arc is over, it was good in places but it went on too long.

Glad they all got back home but sad Rukia didn't go back with them like I thought she would.
Aug 26, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode. LOL at Captain Unohana scaring squad 11 at the beginning of the episode and Ichigo running from Kempachi xD Hitsuguya was pretty cold hearted to Momo this episode. I'm glad Rukia apologized to Kukaku and Ganju. Also i was suprised that Rukia wanted to stay in the soul society after all that's happened but it's her decision i guess. It was cool that Ichigo got a Substitute Soul Reaper badge because that means the soul society is Accepting him as a Soul Reaper(Well a substitute anyway)

Post #71
Naruto-KurosakiSep 3, 2015 6:33 PM
Sep 5, 2015 4:05 PM
Aug 2014
I was a bit disappointed by Rukia. Ichigo & co. went through so much to save Rukia (a whole arc's worth of effort) and she didn't seem very thankful. She was, sure, but she didn't convey it as strongly as someone who just escaped death row should, in my opinion. I liked how Ken kept trying to challenge Ichigo, though, and the humorous tone in general.
Oct 17, 2016 9:34 AM
Jan 2012
I love this episode. I watched he 5 times. And I cried in 3 times of 5.
the phrase of ichigo ever marks my heart. I little disappointed for finish 'relation' Ichigo e rukia,but I understand real motivations. This episode mark a beautiful final of Arc/Saga soul society.
Dec 28, 2016 9:26 AM

May 2016
Chad's t-shirt was really funny and the part when Byakuya said " I was thinking that he call me without titles"
Mar 13, 2018 8:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So, that wraps up the Soul Society arc. It was a pretty good arc. The climax of the arc is what really sold me, as everything before that was simply okay. The fights were hit-or-miss since I only liked half of them. But the second-half of the arc had much better fights. The characters are still entertaining and the concept of bankai is appealing. The series can get quite creative with those, and the arc showed some cool ones. It would be nice if we do get to Kenpachi getting a bankai before this series ends. Talking about bankai, when Ichigo and Renji were able to get their bankai so quickly, I couldn’t help but feel a tad bit disappointed. What’s the point of going through ten years of training when you can get it done in three. Well, at least Ichigo’s bankai lived up to that really long buildup.

Talking about buildup, this arc was really all just that. It’s basically a 40+ episode arc that builds up Ichigo and Byakuya’s confrontation for 30+ episodes. The arc manages to pad out the arc with fights (some cool, some not), and a whole lot of flashbacks. The flashbacks were good though, as it did a good job in making me want to care about the characters. That led to me liking the Gotei 13 characters, which lead to the captain vs. captain fights being quite entertaining. Though Gotei 13 must be made out of straws or something to be able to break down so quickly. Aizen’s “death” caused way more betrayals than I expected, lol. But hey, at least I got some good fights out of it.

Talking about fights, Ichigo vs. Byakuya was good. And the way it was presented, the way Ichigo’s bankai was revealed, they all felt satisfying. Though, I would’ve been hyped for Ichigo vs. Byakuya more if they hadn’t met before on episode 41. It was like as if the series was like building up to episode 41, then pulls the rug and says “naw son, we still got 15 more episode to go”. I mean, I get that Ichigo needs his Bankai, but I just wish that writing choice didn’t detract from my Ichigo vs. Byakuya experience. Now when I think about it, Bleach could’ve ended in this arc if Aizen was able to be defeated. It would’ve made Bleach into a somewhat concise and satisfying series, given that Aizen’s motivations and his past were revealed in this arc. But nah, we got like 53 volumes of content to go through. On the bright side, the characters introduced later on look super interesting. On the down side, the Bount arc is incoming.

Though I’m glad this arc is over. If it went on for any longer, it would’ve overstayed its welcome. And this entire arc felt longer than it should. If the arc cut down on some fights, I think the arc would’ve been better paced. Although some of the fights were used to introduce and develop character, I wish the series found another way to introduce them. Having so many fights leads to some of them feeling stale, especially in comparison to the other fights in the arcs that totally overshadow them. And it’s not like the anime’s dragging, since some of the later chapters adapted up to 4-5 chapters per episode, which is insane! The fact that it adapts so many chapters, yet it only feels like 2-3, has something to do with how Kubo draws the manga. Too many large panels with very little dialogue makes chapters end quickly, and they force Pierrot to adapt chapters quickly. No wonder they opted with fillers to not catch up with the manga. And the manga panels are just filled with empty background and somewhat messy art at times, so it doesn’t really need the large panels. If anything, Kubo’s trying to be lazy by covering the pages with large panels and calling it a day, lol. And despite how long and dragged out the arc is, Ichigo goes through some next-level progression. Sign me up for a three-day Bankai-learning experience! Aizen’s reveal was cool though and that part where he just stopped Ichigo’s attack was hilarious. Talking about hilarious, Ichigo throwing Rukia was funny!

Oh well, there’s still 303 episodes/53 volumes left to watch and read. I’m liking Bleach quite a bit (despite actually sounding quite critical in my previous paragraphs). Some of the fights were really cool, the characters and their bankai are interesting, the series maintains its stylish presentation, and the writing was still intriguing, despite some iffy plot-points. In the end, I had fun and that’s what really matters for a battle shounen. Time for the Bount arc! I’m totally excited in seeing that arc!!
Jul 14, 2019 7:16 PM
Apr 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
So, that wraps up the Soul Society arc. It was a pretty good arc. The climax of the arc is what really sold me, as everything before that was simply okay. The fights were hit-or-miss since I only liked half of them. But the second-half of the arc had much better fights. The characters are still entertaining and the concept of bankai is appealing. The series can get quite creative with those, and the arc showed some cool ones. It would be nice if we do get to Kenpachi getting a bankai before this series ends. Talking about bankai, when Ichigo and Renji were able to get their bankai so quickly, I couldn’t help but feel a tad bit disappointed. What’s the point of going through ten years of training when you can get it done in three. Well, at least Ichigo’s bankai lived up to that really long buildup.

Talking about buildup, this arc was really all just that. It’s basically a 40+ episode arc that builds up Ichigo and Byakuya’s confrontation for 30+ episodes. The arc manages to pad out the arc with fights (some cool, some not), and a whole lot of flashbacks. The flashbacks were good though, as it did a good job in making me want to care about the characters. That led to me liking the Gotei 13 characters, which lead to the captain vs. captain fights being quite entertaining. Though Gotei 13 must be made out of straws or something to be able to break down so quickly. Aizen’s “death” caused way more betrayals than I expected, lol. But hey, at least I got some good fights out of it.

Talking about fights, Ichigo vs. Byakuya was good. And the way it was presented, the way Ichigo’s bankai was revealed, they all felt satisfying. Though, I would’ve been hyped for Ichigo vs. Byakuya more if they hadn’t met before on episode 41. It was like as if the series was like building up to episode 41, then pulls the rug and says “naw son, we still got 15 more episode to go”. I mean, I get that Ichigo needs his Bankai, but I just wish that writing choice didn’t detract from my Ichigo vs. Byakuya experience. Now when I think about it, Bleach could’ve ended in this arc if Aizen was able to be defeated. It would’ve made Bleach into a somewhat concise and satisfying series, given that Aizen’s motivations and his past were revealed in this arc. But nah, we got like 53 volumes of content to go through. On the bright side, the characters introduced later on look super interesting. On the down side, the Bount arc is incoming.

Though I’m glad this arc is over. If it went on for any longer, it would’ve overstayed its welcome. And this entire arc felt longer than it should. If the arc cut down on some fights, I think the arc would’ve been better paced. Although some of the fights were used to introduce and develop character, I wish the series found another way to introduce them. Having so many fights leads to some of them feeling stale, especially in comparison to the other fights in the arcs that totally overshadow them. And it’s not like the anime’s dragging, since some of the later chapters adapted up to 4-5 chapters per episode, which is insane! The fact that it adapts so many chapters, yet it only feels like 2-3, has something to do with how Kubo draws the manga. Too many large panels with very little dialogue makes chapters end quickly, and they force Pierrot to adapt chapters quickly. No wonder they opted with fillers to not catch up with the manga. And the manga panels are just filled with empty background and somewhat messy art at times, so it doesn’t really need the large panels. If anything, Kubo’s trying to be lazy by covering the pages with large panels and calling it a day, lol. And despite how long and dragged out the arc is, Ichigo goes through some next-level progression. Sign me up for a three-day Bankai-learning experience! Aizen’s reveal was cool though and that part where he just stopped Ichigo’s attack was hilarious. Talking about hilarious, Ichigo throwing Rukia was funny!

Oh well, there’s still 303 episodes/53 volumes left to watch and read. I’m liking Bleach quite a bit (despite actually sounding quite critical in my previous paragraphs). Some of the fights were really cool, the characters and their bankai are interesting, the series maintains its stylish presentation, and the writing was still intriguing, despite some iffy plot-points. In the end, I had fun and that’s what really matters for a battle shounen. Time for the Bount arc! I’m totally excited in seeing that arc!!

I can kind of sympathize with being on the fence for a while before suddenly finding myself enjoying the show.

In fact, there were some things I liked about the show a lot. The music and animation look and sound great (hands down one of my favorite soundtracks), even if the art style is a little dumbed down from the manga. Most of the characters are likeable. Even if the drama rarely reaches the peaks of what you see in some other shonen series, the show exhibits what can be great about shonen. The way that the mystery of Aizen's death was sewn through the whole arc added a lot of tasteful texture.

This last episode was a nice break. I really like Kenpachi/Yachiru as a duo. I think I'm just going to continue, episode by episode, and if the filler arcs are really as bad as everyone says, I'll just skip ahead to the cannon material.
Mar 11, 2020 6:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Soul Society arc was really great I loved it, a bit sad that this arc is finished, I wonder what will happen with Rukia and Renji, they will obviously meet them again soon because they're main characters
Apr 30, 2020 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
This arc surely had it's fair share of misses, but I was easily able to overlook them because it was one hell of a ride overall. From the moment the "Drifters" entered Soul Society, no even before, when Byakuya and Renji entered the human world, everything became suddenly super exciting. Starting with the training, the introduction and backstories of various interesting characters, more training, some sweet fights, even more training, to the climax including twists and betrayal.

The complot plot in the backround and getting to know about the Captains as well as the interactions between them and their underlings, also all the build up, these were imo the highlight from this arc.

Not to mention the cool style of the production. I read the manga alongside. Yes, many shots and art in general here are obviously not on par with what the manga has to offer, but I love the color palette, soundtracks/effects and voice acting, really gave the anime such a outstandingly nice atmosphere.

Now after all the build up I'm seriously hyped to see where this is going, even tho I'm aware of the fact that Bleach is notorious for it's drop in quality.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2020 2:19 PM

May 2018
so the Soul Society arc is over, huh. I wonder if the filler arc next is worth watching
May 23, 2020 2:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Finally we're back home. This last episode was fine, but dang this arc felt like a huge drag.

Everything before entering the Soul Society was fine. Heck, the first episode or maybe even first two of being in the Soul Society was fine, but after so many episodes of chasing, running into the next super strong guy, watching these kids take down full groups and yadda yadda it became really dull. The rush of side characters being introduced was overwhelming. Even with 366 episodes, I kinda doubt we'll even be able to truly connect to all of these people.

At least to me, Bleach doesn't seem to make the battles all that exciting, so I honestly don't care about the battles. I guess at this point I just care about the results of the battles. Perhaps that's a large part of why this arc just doesn't really appeal to me as much as it could. It was pretty much just battle after battle, a little rest in between, some more training, and then some more battles. Maybe my lack of interest has more to do with how they use swords for the most part...? I seem to be just fine with other shounen shows that don't mostly use swords, so I'm thinking that has something to do with it.
Meh.

Additionally, how are they gonna call it Soul Society? No one was groovin', no one got down to boogie. What tf kinda Soul Society is this? We got like one dance and the soul in it was severely lacking. Hopefully they can get it together.

Anyway, hopefully this next arc will be more interesting.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 18, 2020 8:10 PM
Dec 2018
One of Unohana's lines from Bleach Immortal Soul.

One of Matsumoto's lines from Bleach Immortal Soul.
Z_ParagonJul 18, 2020 8:17 PM
I know now that I know nothing.

Aug 11, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2017
very good wrap up episode.. always love these kind of episodes.

46 episodes of filler incoming. thank god that I can skip these. Curious to see where the show goes from here. Heard that Soul society is one of the if not the best bleach arc. I really hope the show has more to offer. Soul Society was cool, but it still doesn't justify the hype and the fanbase bleach had back in the day. Then again I probably would have a much different view of the anime if I would have watched it back in the days as a kid.
Apr 17, 2021 1:36 AM

Apr 2020
enjoyed every bit
water
Jun 27, 2021 8:17 AM
Aug 2020
GodotCoffee said:
End of a great arc indeed, was a blast watching. So apparently Kubo planned everything up until this point, so seems like it will all go south afterwards. Shame really... I'll put this on hold for now, and then I will watch the next arc someday.

This is just a guess but I think It didnt lose his Quincy powers? hehe Its because, his grandapa said that it will lose his Quincy powers if he remove the glove because the body cant keep up receiving the spiritual powers that keeps gping inside his body but since when he go to jail, the cuff that was put to them has a power to restrain the receiving or burst out of spirital power. thats why he escaped the worst case scenario hehe I THINK SO HEHEt
Aug 24, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
very very very rushed, you would except little more emotional farewell from rukia and ichigo, but no...
at the very least it's the end of great arc, with some up and downs but exciting turns, like riding a rollercoaster.

9/10 to soul society arc.

now to the bount arc which will be the only filler arc to be rewach since it have some "chracters" involving the story later.
Jan 7, 2022 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
5:46

The bo- .....
The airbags tho....
Jan 16, 2022 1:23 AM

Apr 2021
Ahh well the Soul Society Arc was indeed a fantastic arc that got me watching more and more episodes.....I actually completed 24 episodes in a single day(Yeah I know that's not so much to some people but that's the highest I've binged so far)

And as for the next arc....ugh MAL says it's full of fillers ;-;
I do hope the fillers, at least some of them will be interesting......wish me luck as I venture through the fillers!!!!!
Feb 22, 2022 7:33 AM
Oct 2019
Good wrapping up for Soul Society Arc.
Solid 7/10 for this Arc.
This was arguably the best Arc from what i heard, maybe they just have those nostalgia effect.

Here we go Filler Arc and i will not skip it, i heard people saying it's pretty bad but who knows i might enjoying it.
As always going in with lower expectations.
davidyodo24Feb 22, 2022 7:40 AM
Jun 26, 2022 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
And so the Soul Society Arc has come & gone. I'm definitely enjoying this nostalgia filled rewatch. While the best of this arc has remained memorable after all of these years, the mediocrity of the fillers has also remained in my mind. They're actually a big part of why I gave Bleach a 7, despite it once being one of my all time favorites. Can't wait to skip ahead and finally watch Bleach's best action from start to finish without interruption.
Aug 10, 2022 6:52 PM
Dec 2018
Pretty good episode.
My original plan was to stop here, but the new season coming this October seems like too good an opportunity to pass...

I'll watch the whole thing. Wish me luck.
Aug 27, 2022 10:37 AM
Jan 2021
nice! ayo this is the best ep ever!
Sep 10, 2022 4:04 PM
May 2020
Thus concludes the soul society arc. Amazing beautiful. Perfect
Oct 16, 2022 8:46 PM

Feb 2022
Great bow closure
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Nov 1, 2022 4:19 PM

Apr 2018
Nice way to end the arc. Too bad they didn't explain how Ichigo was able to obtain his bankai and how he was able to find the real weapon.
I remember watching this arc as a kid and didn't question much about Ichigo's power-ups, etc. Now, I'm questioning a lot of things LOL!
Nov 7, 2022 6:01 AM
Nov 2022
SOUL SOCIETY ARC W!
Dec 1, 2022 5:26 AM
Sep 2018
this anime is insane!
Dec 7, 2022 3:20 PM

Jul 2021
Aizen really is evil
How can you keep moving forward if you keep regretting the past?

Mar 19, 2023 10:20 AM
Dec 2022
Bruh I actually forgot what happened.... If thats the episode in the soul society arc then it was awesome..... 
Apr 18, 2023 6:31 PM
Mar 2023
Good episode to end the arc.  Wish it was longer 
Aug 25, 2023 7:31 PM
Jan 2016
yay end of saga. Now take these 40 filler eps
Jul 1, 6:00 AM

Apr 2024
This was a good ass arc holyyyyy. Kenpachi continues to look for Ichigo for a rematch, Ichigo get official Subsitute Soul Reaper status, and Rukia stays behind in the Soul Society which Ion hate. She was enjoyable and I know we'll see more of her in the future. As well as more of Aizen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 65 Discussion

Genoard - Apr 9, 2009

26 by yamete010806 »»
Yesterday, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zanmato666 - Mar 8, 2007

68 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 117 Discussion

Aokaado - Mar 5, 2007

45 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 116 Discussion

Scribbly - Aug 1, 2008

42 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 115 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 19, 2007

40 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.