Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Bleach Episode 63 Discussion

Jun 17, 2009 11:35 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyones home and safe but who the hell is that creepy blonde kid.

Aug 15, 2009 1:34 PM
All i can say is i am glad i already have the bount arc out of the way (watched it first a while ago because it wasn't in the manga) so now i can skip past them and continue on with the main story :)

Mar 23, 2010 8:08 PM

Haha, Ken-chan wanting to fight Ichigo again. x]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Aug 20, 2010 7:50 AM

LOL when they enter that senkai gate again ^^

Nov 24, 2010 4:28 PM
Is it just the versions i am watching or do all of the eps have a kind of recap at the start?
Kind of rounding the arc off then? I assume Rukia will come back into it though xD

Nov 25, 2010 10:33 AM

Awww! That was great. I've been recommended to either stop here for good or skip the bount... I think I'm gonna go ahead and watch the bount arc.

So far I give this series an 8/10 I've really enjoyed watching this ^^

Dec 8, 2011 9:35 AM

Hmm. Ok finisher for the whole Save Rukia arc. From what I hear, the story takes a dip from here. Perhaps I should stop watching for now.

Mar 13, 2012 10:51 PM

Nah, fuck it I'm going to continue. If the series get's as bad as people say, then why should I not suffer with them?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 5, 2012 8:10 PM

I honestly think the Bount arc gets a lot more hate than it deserves. I actually kind of like it.

The only real problem I have with it is that it kind of drags on a little too long.

If you hate fillers just because they're fillers, skip seasons four and five.

Jul 9, 2012 3:26 AM

End of a great arc indeed, was a blast watching. So apparently Kubo planned everything up until this point, so seems like it will all go south afterwards. Shame really... I'll put this on hold for now, and then I will watch the next arc someday.

Uryu says to Ichigo they're still rivals because he's a Quincy? Didn't he lose all his Quincy powers after fighting the captain?

Dec 20, 2012 2:19 PM

Nice ending episode, I liked it. I wonder if I'll watch the bount arc now...

GodotCoffee said:
Uryu says to Ichigo they're still rivals because he's a Quincy? Didn't he lose all his Quincy powers after fighting the captain?

This is exactly why he's making excuses.

Mar 18, 2013 4:26 AM

I don't think I'll stop for good but at least I will put it on hold until I get the next DVD set (which will be a long time).

Jul 27, 2013 9:07 AM

Recap aside, this was a pretty nice wrap up episode. Really funny too! (Bleach is at its best when it's comedic imo) And it was nice to see my favorite character (Uraraha) again! This could've been a fitting end to the series, had the villain not escaped that is.

But of course there are 300 more episodes to go. *sigh* This Soul Society arc was okay, but way too long and melodramatic. And people say it's the best part of the series so yeah, i dont know if i feel like watching the rest. I may or may not continue in the future, but right now? Nah.

(I may also check out the first Bleach film since i hear it's pretty good.)
Modified by who_dat_ninja, Jul 27, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2, 2013 2:35 PM

If it weren't for Uraharas "This is just the beggining" line.. this really could have been the end of the series. Well..time to watch some filler!

Sep 18, 2013 4:23 PM

An extra long episode which seems more like two episodes where in the first half the recap and the second part a pretty decent ending to the arc a happy ending I must say. Lets see what happens next!

Mar 21, 2014 5:47 AM

SO yeah this was a very decent ending for this season bc other then that it has been a very good series so far very long though but that is also good for it though.

Sep 9, 2014 9:51 PM

Well that was a nice ending to that arc anyway I wanted to see Yoruichi's human form at least.. damn man. And what she said to Urahara has been bothering me: "We'll never die peacefully"...wtf? don't tell me that theyhave some kind of disease or something, I'd be flipping.

An astronomical amount of filler... ugh
Duterte did 9/11

Sep 17, 2014 11:27 PM

Rukia decided to stay at Soul Society :(
I wanted Rukia-Ichigo to progress into a bit of romance.
Gib [img] plz

Apr 5, 2015 1:38 AM

Skipped the first half of the episode, because recaps are a no for me. The arc was pretty good, but I heard it all goes downhill from here. Gonna watch it anyway, without fillers ofc.

Jun 23, 2015 1:07 PM

Glad this super long arc is over, it was good in places but it went on too long.

Glad they all got back home but sad Rukia didn't go back with them like I thought she would.

Aug 26, 2015 9:25 PM

Good episode. LOL at Captain Unohana scaring squad 11 at the beginning of the episode and Ichigo running from Kempachi xD Hitsuguya was pretty cold hearted to Momo this episode. I'm glad Rukia apologized to Kukaku and Ganju. Also i was suprised that Rukia wanted to stay in the soul society after all that's happened but it's her decision i guess. It was cool that Ichigo got a Substitute Soul Reaper badge because that means the soul society is Accepting him as a Soul Reaper(Well a substitute anyway)

Post #71
Modified by Naruto-Kurosaki, Sep 3, 2015 6:33 PM

Sep 5, 2015 4:05 PM
I was a bit disappointed by Rukia. Ichigo & co. went through so much to save Rukia (a whole arc's worth of effort) and she didn't seem very thankful. She was, sure, but she didn't convey it as strongly as someone who just escaped death row should, in my opinion. I liked how Ken kept trying to challenge Ichigo, though, and the humorous tone in general.

Oct 17, 2016 9:34 AM
I love this episode. I watched he 5 times. And I cried in 3 times of 5.
the phrase of ichigo ever marks my heart. I little disappointed for finish 'relation' Ichigo e rukia,but I understand real motivations. This episode mark a beautiful final of Arc/Saga soul society.

Dec 28, 2016 9:26 AM

Chad's t-shirt was really funny and the part when Byakuya said " I was thinking that he call me without titles"

Mar 13, 2018 8:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

So, that wraps up the Soul Society arc. It was a pretty good arc. The climax of the arc is what really sold me, as everything before that was simply okay. The fights were hit-or-miss since I only liked half of them. But the second-half of the arc had much better fights. The characters are still entertaining and the concept of bankai is appealing. The series can get quite creative with those, and the arc showed some cool ones. It would be nice if we do get to Kenpachi getting a bankai before this series ends. Talking about bankai, when Ichigo and Renji were able to get their bankai so quickly, I couldn’t help but feel a tad bit disappointed. What’s the point of going through ten years of training when you can get it done in three. Well, at least Ichigo’s bankai lived up to that really long buildup.

Talking about buildup, this arc was really all just that. It’s basically a 40+ episode arc that builds up Ichigo and Byakuya’s confrontation for 30+ episodes. The arc manages to pad out the arc with fights (some cool, some not), and a whole lot of flashbacks. The flashbacks were good though, as it did a good job in making me want to care about the characters. That led to me liking the Gotei 13 characters, which lead to the captain vs. captain fights being quite entertaining. Though Gotei 13 must be made out of straws or something to be able to break down so quickly. Aizen’s “death” caused way more betrayals than I expected, lol. But hey, at least I got some good fights out of it.

Talking about fights, Ichigo vs. Byakuya was good. And the way it was presented, the way Ichigo’s bankai was revealed, they all felt satisfying. Though, I would’ve been hyped for Ichigo vs. Byakuya more if they hadn’t met before on episode 41. It was like as if the series was like building up to episode 41, then pulls the rug and says “naw son, we still got 15 more episode to go”. I mean, I get that Ichigo needs his Bankai, but I just wish that writing choice didn’t detract from my Ichigo vs. Byakuya experience. Now when I think about it, Bleach could’ve ended in this arc if Aizen was able to be defeated. It would’ve made Bleach into a somewhat concise and satisfying series, given that Aizen’s motivations and his past were revealed in this arc. But nah, we got like 53 volumes of content to go through. On the bright side, the characters introduced later on look super interesting. On the down side, the Bount arc is incoming.

Though I’m glad this arc is over. If it went on for any longer, it would’ve overstayed its welcome. And this entire arc felt longer than it should. If the arc cut down on some fights, I think the arc would’ve been better paced. Although some of the fights were used to introduce and develop character, I wish the series found another way to introduce them. Having so many fights leads to some of them feeling stale, especially in comparison to the other fights in the arcs that totally overshadow them. And it’s not like the anime’s dragging, since some of the later chapters adapted up to 4-5 chapters per episode, which is insane! The fact that it adapts so many chapters, yet it only feels like 2-3, has something to do with how Kubo draws the manga. Too many large panels with very little dialogue makes chapters end quickly, and they force Pierrot to adapt chapters quickly. No wonder they opted with fillers to not catch up with the manga. And the manga panels are just filled with empty background and somewhat messy art at times, so it doesn’t really need the large panels. If anything, Kubo’s trying to be lazy by covering the pages with large panels and calling it a day, lol. And despite how long and dragged out the arc is, Ichigo goes through some next-level progression. Sign me up for a three-day Bankai-learning experience! Aizen’s reveal was cool though and that part where he just stopped Ichigo’s attack was hilarious. Talking about hilarious, Ichigo throwing Rukia was funny!

Oh well, there’s still 303 episodes/53 volumes left to watch and read. I’m liking Bleach quite a bit (despite actually sounding quite critical in my previous paragraphs). Some of the fights were really cool, the characters and their bankai are interesting, the series maintains its stylish presentation, and the writing was still intriguing, despite some iffy plot-points. In the end, I had fun and that’s what really matters for a battle shounen. Time for the Bount arc! I’m totally excited in seeing that arc!!

Preview MangaManga Store