Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2022 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Not a surprise that Cid comes at the precise time to help Rose when she needed the most. I think this episode also gave him the ambition to really be who he is.

Still, episode was rather predictable in nature and the story direction. At least we do know that Cid is the type to take risks no matter how small or big they can be. Cid still made some scenes look comical while we got some..random ass shots for whatever reason.

Nov 23, 2022 6:16 AM

Jul 2017
Cid, you've done a VERY remarkable job as a background mob character, getting killed in the line of slashes.

To go such lengths to save someone else's life, Cid can easily revive himself and act as he has always been, even with the limitations of magic, formed into threads for use. Of course, Sherry isn't left out of this scenario, inspecting the artifact against the terrorists who want to claim it. The ultimate chuuni at that too by commenting on the cliché takeover of the academy with its tropes, he's just waiting for his time to shine and doing all the things that he wanted to do.

It's hilarious seeing Cid shadow Sherry in her endeavours of finding a hiding place, not knowing that he is working behind the scenes to eliminate all terrorists in her path, thinking that it's her imagination as the main character of the story. That said, the artifact that Sherry has been researching is the power control unit for the magic storing Eye of Avarice, and Cid can act whatever he wants so as long as nobody sees it.

No surprise that the Knights of the Round Table are part of this diabolical plan, and the rightful Shadow Garden in Cid's form, he's blistering through Rex's defenses like an easy boss level. That said, they are ready to infiltrate, though the execution has its qualms, and getting tools to neutralize the Eye of Avarice is priority.

Let the games begin...
KANLen09Nov 24, 2022 6:22 AM
Nov 23, 2022 7:22 AM

Mar 2013
Another solid episode of Cid just simply being a bad*ss character. We finally got to have lots of dialogue from Sherry and her voice is sweet like candy. This episode was truly satisfying.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 23, 2022 7:28 AM
Nov 2018
A very good ep so far. So they saved Cid's lines for this ep. I hope the following eps will be like this.
Nov 23, 2022 7:39 AM

Aug 2022
Another amazing episode. I'm really loving this anime.
Nov 23, 2022 7:40 AM

Feb 2021
We are approaching the end of volume 1

This was a pretty nicely done episode, we got to see just how insane Cid will go sometimes, this time he stopped his heart to fake his death.

The scene where he was sniping everyone from the roof was pretty cool too.

I think the next episode will probably be the finale for this arc.
Nov 23, 2022 7:48 AM

Oct 2017
Cid taking out the mobs with the bgm playing was lit. He seemed quite menancing there. Him saving Sherry was hilarious.
Nov 23, 2022 7:49 AM

Jun 2020
Nice that they showed Cid's monologue. And Rex was voiced by Accelerator! That's neat. Rex's death was a bit more epic in the manga imo, but anyway we got more Sherry cuteness! And Cid actually showed plenty of expressions this time. Overall great episode.
By the way, now that my girl Eta got her version of the ending, all Seven Shades sang it. So are the other heroines gonna sing it too? Like Alexia, Sherry and so on? Or is there gonna be a new ed song? Guess i'll have to wait another week to find out.
Nov 23, 2022 7:51 AM

Feb 2019
Man what an episode. I could watch cid toy around with people all day. Rex being voiced by accelerator was a perfect fit, his death was a bit anticlimactic though. Loved seeing Sherry come in clutch with the magical info as well. Can’t wait for next week
Nov 23, 2022 7:56 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it 😍😍
Nov 23, 2022 8:06 AM

Nov 2019
The way Rose made this such a dramatic and big deal about his sacrifice, only for it to be just one of his hidden mob art..Imagine how she'd feel if she learned that

Nov 23, 2022 8:06 AM

May 2020
Cid's running commentary while thrashing those goons was where this episode shined. Can't help but notice how accurate he was about Sherry. Those airhead characters certainly the first ones to bite dust in these scenarios lol.

Things are already in place, expecting a bloody bath episode next time.
Nov 23, 2022 8:17 AM

May 2016
another absolute banger. enjoying this more than chainsawman
Nov 23, 2022 8:27 AM
Aug 2022
I really hate the background character act of Cid
at least he should beat those bastard in front of everyone without revealing his organization identity.
Nov 23, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2021
Rex and the other terrorists getting hunted down by Cid, sent chills down my spine.
Beware of His Eminence. Before you realize it, you are already dead!!!

MegamiRem said:
Cid taking out the mobs with the bgm playing was lit. He seemed quite menancing there.

I know right.... I wasn't really expecting that to happen. Rex definitely still figuring out what hit him, in hell.
V1P3R0PNov 23, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 23, 2022 8:33 AM

Oct 2020
Cid is awesome as a "background character".
Nov 23, 2022 8:36 AM
May 2021
another amazing episode as always 😂😂
Nov 23, 2022 8:51 AM

Jun 2020
anyone know why Nu was thinking of killing Marco for a second there, isn't he one of the good guys
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 23, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2015
Watching the overpowered play with their food is reaully fun
Nov 23, 2022 9:40 AM
Jun 2021
spectrojan said:
anyone know why Nu was thinking of killing Marco for a second there, isn't he one of the good guys

So from her flashback I would assume that he has some kind of past with her in wich he either did something really bad to her or was her fiancee. And she thought of killing him to take revenge but decided that's it's not time for that yet
Nov 23, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2022
I'm enjoying this one very much. The relatively unusual episode count of 20 has me curious where the stories will lead - lots of time to continue the development, which has been entertaining so far.
The novelty of self-reflection as a background character almost seems like cheating, but this is some kind of an isekai and we need to stay open to fantastic elements, which I am here for 100%.
Nov 23, 2022 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
To go so far in being a mob character is crazy but Cid has my respect. Also, he made it look like he killed Rex in a haunted house.

Nov 23, 2022 10:35 AM
Aug 2022
a episode with munch lines than fighting
Nov 23, 2022 10:35 AM

Jun 2017
The OST really stands out..just has an epic feeling and fits the scenes all of the time
Nov 23, 2022 10:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the plot advances, but there is a shark in the fishbowl!!! kekeke
Nov 23, 2022 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was one hell of a way to create a perfect death in the eyes of the enemy though. Risky as hell but sure paid off. Sherry was lucky to have had the knights that were guarding her show up. Still given their prep this is not a random attack at all. Cid though really played the role of shadow guardian well. So the students at the auditorium are sacrifices then huh. While she can be clumsy Sherry's plan was actually a bold one. Bandana guy had all the classic flaws of a redshirt huh. That classroom full of dead cultists though was nicely played. But thats one hell of a standoff at the end though with the knights outside, shadow garden's forces on the roof and the cult and their hostages in the auditorium. Overall a fun ep that while showing well Cid's cunning also did well to show how much Sherry knows about artifacts though offset by how innocent she is. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2022 10:53 AM
Dec 2021
Excellent! Superb!
Nov 23, 2022 10:55 AM

Apr 2022
Such an exciting episode, Cid absolutely annihilated everyone in his way and made himself look way smarter than he is once again.
Nov 23, 2022 11:10 AM

Dec 2018
does this mean Cid can drop out of school and pretend to be dead? that would be a smart move. good episode, i feel like it's about to go DOWN next episode. ahhhhhhhhh i hate watching weekly!
Nov 23, 2022 11:40 AM
Mar 2018
Ricky16 said:
I really hate the background character act of Cid
at least he should beat those bastard in front of everyone without revealing his organization identity.

I mean, that is the entire premise of this anime, a mc who thinks about being a mob chara while hiding his identity as mastermind. So I dont think his inner mob would beat some badguy lol
Nov 23, 2022 11:50 AM

Sep 2018
spectrojan said:

Good guy is a relative term, from Nu's flashback it seems she was struck by the curse in his presence, I expect she thinks he abandoned her to her fate without a backward glance.

She would have killed him if Cid hadn't interjected, every off-hand remark of his is an absolute command to Shadow Garden.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 23, 2022 11:53 AM

Feb 2021
Cid is always so relaxed during all of these situations, though I don't think he has any reason to panic.
Nov 23, 2022 12:02 PM
Mar 2018
spectrojan said:
In the manga, she thought that Marco was still have a bit of his conscious and hear everything that Cid and her discuss and was about to kill him fearing that Marco will learn about Cid true identity, but after knowing that Marco was unconscious, she sparred his life.

I don't know if the anime takes the same premise as the manga in this scene since I skip this part of the LN (anime adapt from LN more correctly than the manga) and also there are some scenes (only one and two) that are different or not showed from the manga, but probably the anime take the same reason as to the manga for the answer.
Nov 23, 2022 12:16 PM

Sep 2018
Tatsuke4 said:
spectrojan said:
In the manga, she thought that Marco was still have a bit of his conscious and hear everything that Cid and her discuss and was about to kill him fearing that Marco will learn about Cid true identity, but after knowing that Marco was unconscious, she sparred his life.

I don't know if the anime takes the same premise as the manga in this scene since I skip this part of the LN (anime adapt from LN more correctly than the manga) and also there are some scenes (only one and two) that are different or not showed from the manga, but probably the anime take the same reason as to the manga for the answer.

What you describe doesn't fit the anime at all, Nu was about to dispatch him before she knew Cid was there, and if she thought he was conscious she would have briefed Cid elsewhere.

She also makes it clear at the end that he's gotten lucky this time.

If what happened there is close to how I interpreted it, I prefer the anime version

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 23, 2022 12:20 PM
Aug 2017
MC's craziness and megalomania still going as strong as ever, and we love it x)
Nov 23, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2021
the monologues were gold. saving sherry scene was funny and cute. what a great episode to set up and possibly finish this arc.
real
Nov 23, 2022 12:37 PM

May 2018
Cid's death and 'reincarnation' was... atomic
Nov 23, 2022 12:47 PM
Oct 2022
StateofOhayo said:
does this mean Cid can drop out of school and pretend to be dead? that would be a smart move. good episode, i feel like it's about to go DOWN next episode. ahhhhhhhhh i hate watching weekly!

it would be nice,but no.cid will not drop out of school
Nov 23, 2022 1:09 PM
Jun 2020
This was by far the best episode comedy wise.
Nov 23, 2022 1:53 PM
Sep 2019
Press F for Rex and the fake SG members, especially Rex, he died screaming like a little girl.
Nov 23, 2022 2:35 PM

Mar 2022
But they have no sense of aesthetics! Wearing all black in the middle of the day?! Have you no regard for the proper time, place and occasion?!

LOL I swear, this dude...
Nov 23, 2022 2:48 PM
Sep 2019
borderliner said:
Tatsuke4 said:

What you describe doesn't fit the anime at all, Nu was about to dispatch him before she knew Cid was there, and if she thought he was conscious she would have briefed Cid elsewhere.

She also makes it clear at the end that he's gotten lucky this time.

If what happened there is close to how I interpreted it, I prefer the anime version

Nu probably wanted to kill him in vengeance. Whether or not he knew about her condition, it didn't matter. She got discarded just like anyone being possessed and would you forgive someone for that?
Nov 23, 2022 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
There are still some facepalm worthy moments, but episode was so entertaining that it flew by. Left me craving for more ngl.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2022 2:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course Cid wouldn't die by this "sacrifice" but that fun how he eliminate all of them without the other girl to see what's happening xD
Nov 23, 2022 3:00 PM
Sep 2019
Absolutely fantastic if you like the sound of the anime itself, then this is the best episode yet.
Nov 23, 2022 3:02 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Aw yeah, can't wait for the next episode where all of shadow garden fights naked.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 23, 2022 3:16 PM

Mar 2020
Cid's chunni dreams are becoming reality, with the fake Shadow Garden infiltrating the school. He revived himself once everyone got captured, and took out the enemies behind the scenes, protecting Sherry and her artifact.

Cid was as overpowered as expected, and the real Shadow Garden is here to wreak some havoc.
Nov 23, 2022 3:44 PM
Jun 2022
This episode kinda makes Cid invincible af. Still able to control magic under that veil makes him so strong
Nov 23, 2022 3:46 PM

Dec 2016
Infinitely better than chainsaw man, this anime is so good
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Nov 23, 2022 3:49 PM
Mar 2021
cid just doing cid things throughout this episode and it golden.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

388 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.