Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh shit, this episode finale gave a decent impression for a three way fight. Of course, Shadow is involved but so is Beatrix and Iris. Like usual, Iris had something to prove since her most recent defeat.

They also didn't forget about Rose this episode either although I felt underwhelmed by her role in the finale. Hell of a way to finish this season though. 
Feb 15, 2023 5:58 AM

Feb 2014
That was an epic episode! Hope there's a sequel.
Feb 15, 2023 6:57 AM

May 2020
If the beating last episode wasn’t already enough, Iris once again came in between to get her dues back, and unsurprisingly Cid gave both her and Beatrix a full-fledged presentation of his overwhelming power, without any partiality. They went bonkers with the animation, absolute bonkers. Though he made his exit like usual, it was enough for Iris to develop a mental stigma for her whole lifetime. Meanwhile Rose joined Shadow garden, which was well obvious. 

A piano performance to conclude things off and we got the trademark... I AM atomic.

Season 2 should come, it atleast deserves that much.

Softhenic03Feb 15, 2023 7:05 AM
Feb 15, 2023 7:00 AM
Feb 2022
loved the series hoping for a s2
"I AM ATOMIC"
Feb 15, 2023 7:03 AM
Aug 2022
Can anyone recommend a vebsite to watch it Eng subbed ?
Feb 15, 2023 7:05 AM

Feb 2022
My Wednesday is gone and now I'm just hoping it will get a season 2

Jan 2023
best anime in a long time sadly s2 wil have 12 eps
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Wished Shadow would have said to Irish that she and Beatrix were the one who actually crushed the city during the fight instead of her blaming it on Shadow. He just defended himself Haha.
But what a marvelous ending on an already amazing series. Hope for a second season sooner than later.
AzuchiFeb 15, 2023 7:14 AM
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 15, 2023 7:06 AM
Apr 2022
Karoan said:

anione yt channel
Feb 15, 2023 7:06 AM
Jan 2023
Miraikane said:
My Wednesday is gone and now I'm just hoping it will get a season 2

fr:((
but s2 is confirmed and will have 12 eps
Feb 15, 2023 7:08 AM
Jun 2021
now i can Start watching . after it finished airing💗🤙
Feb 15, 2023 7:08 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful, such a wonderful episode!
Every character, most but not all, got their own screen time in this last episode which made me remember some scenes from the previous episodes that were really amazing to reminisce. Especially the NEET girl, pink-haired... lol

Now to hope for a sequel... OwO
CrazyButNot4UFeb 15, 2023 7:14 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 15, 2023 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
damnn brooo !! whole city is under area atomic range !!!

10/10 so fucking cool and epic !!

hope we get sequel asap !!
Feb 15, 2023 7:11 AM
Mar 2021
This will be the fondest memory. It's been a long time since I've felt something like this again, the position where my heart flutters while watching the 23:40 minute without opening and ending. Hopefully the Season 2 rumors are true and then airing soon.
Feb 15, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2011
I laughed so hard because Cid didnt return the piano on the restaurant after all..... :D
Feb 15, 2023 7:14 AM
Jun 2021
MASTERCLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Feb 15, 2023 7:15 AM
Apr 2022
I just hope I can delete my memory about ln of this anime. the change is too much
Feb 15, 2023 7:16 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i guess i gotta be the anime boomer here and say i don't understand whats so hype about 20 episodes about an untouchable/invinsible group

like... nothing bad ever happens to any of them, they never take any Ls, they for the most part just kill/beat a bunch of dumbasses and no matter what always have a one up on their opponents

and the show didn't really do anything "unsafe" or "risky", its pretty much just about how broken can we make the good guys

none of the girls are really highlighted/simp material as it was mostly about how OP is the MC

idk, for me, yea the show is "good", but all thats just kinda boring af
Feb 15, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2017
Really good ending all main characters in shadow garden and rose joining shadow garden they give it screen time in this episode
The last fight in this season are very good and make me feel energize after watch it
it's so much better than I read in the manga 
Can't Wait for S2
Feb 15, 2023 7:24 AM

Oct 2017
The Shadow hype was unreal. He fought Beatrix and Iris like they were nothing, completely owned em. On top of that he showed them that he could destroy the entire town anytime he wanted, that was sick.

Rose finally joined Shadow Garden, I wonder if she'll ever learn that Cid is Shadow. Beatrix left, I hope to see her again and hopefully join Shadow someday.

Really liked the season overall. Saw leaks of s2 but no official confirmarion yet. Hopefully it'll be announced soon. Cause I need more of this asap.
Feb 15, 2023 7:25 AM

Dec 2022
he almost said the word
anyways shadow had an amazing fight for the finale
we also got a view on how the shadow garden recruits are trained we also got to know the base of operations of shadow
this was your isekai anime with op mc but on a different level
i give a solid 8/10?
was exiting but not moving
Feb 15, 2023 7:27 AM

Sep 2018
I'm pretty sure Cid says there's going to be a next time :-)

Epic final episode, Iris is such a privileged fucking spoiled little kid trying to keep up with the big kids. I just loved that he resurrected his crowbar skills just for shits and giggles.

I also loved that for his party piece Cid decides to just vaporise the clouds over the city.

Alexandria was a surprise, what a fucking awesome set up. Poor Rose, don't worry girl, all that sacrifice will be worth it in the end.

Oh and did Cid reach in and leave that origami burger wrapper for Beatrix
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 15, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2019
What a way to end the anime...Just having Shadow go to war with Iris and Beatrix, across the entire city...The conclusion of that fight was just him flexing the extent of his power before leaving.

I really hope we can get a season two announcement soon enough. Curious to see what's going to happen with Sherry, I am assuming she is now decided that Shadows is her N°1 enemy.

But this was a very good adaptation. Having only read the manga prior to that. I enjoyed some of the different ways the anime approach certain aspects. And obviously, since it's animated they could go the extra mile with some scenes, like the Excalibur scene.

A solid 9.00

Feb 15, 2023 7:28 AM

Feb 2014
Haven't seen a good adaptation as this in a long time. They really upped the OG storyline with a remastered twist of badassery.

That finale threeway fight is gonna end up in the best anime fights of all time.
Man those white screens gave some Rakudai no Kishi vibes. Hope they adapt the further arcs too cause they just goona end up better in here.

Also we need the prologue of how Shadow came to be as he is now with those powers.(He defeated a what dragon???)

I AM ATOMIC!! is the best eargasm you could get.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 15, 2023 7:31 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic anime. I hope for season 2.
Apr 2020
Wait for season 2🥰
Feb 2023
THIS EPISODE IS FREAKIN' EPIC
Feb 15, 2023 7:33 AM
Feb 2023
THIS EPISODE IS FREAKIN' EPIC
Feb 15, 2023 7:35 AM
Oct 2022
TBH I have mixed feelings... on one hand I'm incredibly happy that this adaptation was as good as it was and I enjoyed the hell out of it, but on the other hand we're gonna have to wait for season 2...

Also the music and sound design is probably the best part of the whole show. Without the music and excellent sound design the anime would have fallen flat for sure. The visual style was alright if slightly inconsistent with how it was portrayed in other media, but the pacing and music really elevated this anime to be (IMO) on par with things like Overlord, Youjo Senki, and Re:Zero. God I love this anime.
Feb 15, 2023 7:36 AM
Dec 2021
that was an antagonist laugh
Feb 15, 2023 7:38 AM

Aug 2020
One of the 'Coolest anime recently'. Now we wait for S2. Overall 7/10.
Feb 2021
Karoan said:
You can watch it on Zoro.to but, all episodes are not yet dubbed.
Jul 2021
Another 10/10 episode. Great Ending
Feb 15, 2023 7:42 AM

Jul 2022
That was the greatest villain laugh since Light Yagami.

Anyways, speaking of the show itself, I fucking loved it. Solid 8/10.
Feb 15, 2023 7:42 AM
May 2021
Biggest prank ever 🤣🤣. Pranked the whole city lol. Great fight for finale and what a way to end the season. Looking forward to the sequel. Next arcs in manga and LN are hella good 🔥
Feb 15, 2023 7:44 AM

Nov 2017
dang this last episode fights was epic! ATOMIC/10!
but seriously this adaptation was so good, kinda rare for this kind or type of overpowered isekai harems genre.
for a trashy isekai this was a Peaksekai! lol
Feb 15, 2023 7:44 AM

Sep 2009
Am i tripping, i read the manga a while back and i don't think it went anything like that. Not that im complaining just idk is the anime not following it? Or is the manga not following light novels?
Feb 15, 2023 7:46 AM

Mar 2020
Say it with me one last time: I. AM. ATOMIC.

A finale of epic proportions for sure, as Iris and Beatrix had a very good fight against Shadow, and we all could guess who won it. They went all out with the animation and the edginess, and it worked out for a good finale, although I was underwhelmed by Rose's role in all this, or should I say, 666. I felt like we didn't see a lot of Shadow Garden in the show, but I think it's setting up for more screen time for them later on, and Sherry may enter her villain arc soon enough.

Overall, this was quite an entertaining show. Yes, it most definitely had some inconsistencies with its tones, but it still delivered entertainment at a consistent quality. I do wish that some of the characters had some more development, but it was still a satisfying conclusion to the season. Whenever Season 2 comes, if it does, I'll be there to watch Cid's shenanigans once more.
Feb 15, 2023 7:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i guess i just gotta keep in mind that i've kinda seen everything including most isekai and just let people who have seen far less enjoy the show to the max lol

so ill shut up lol
Feb 15, 2023 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
What a phenomenal finale. Nexus made this one of the best anime adaptations of a LN ever, without a doubt. Consistently respecting and improving on the source material.

Beatrix and Iris v Cid was as epic as I’d expected it to be. Really showed the gap between Cid and everyone else in this world.

Rose is fully committed to her path and determined to walk it. No turning back now, welcome to shadow garden. Was kind of sad to see the tuna king wrapper sliced up symbolising her connection to cid.

Some anime original stuff they included was Sherry’s obsession with Shadow/plotting her revenge and perv’s master. That was not in volume 2 but with the second season of the anime imminent I get why they added it. Overall, an amazing adaptation and great job by NEXUS
Marinate1016Feb 15, 2023 7:54 AM
Feb 15, 2023 7:52 AM

Apr 2021
It's a lot different than how I remember it was in the Light Novel. Lots of anime original stuff. And Shadow's evil laugh (which is anime original) was good. Personally, I think light novel Shadow is better because he gives of more mysterious vibe. But I still loved this episode. I rate this show 10/10.
Feb 15, 2023 7:53 AM

Jul 2022
Marinate1016 said:
What a phenomenal finale. Nexus made this one of the best anime adaptations of a LN ever, without a doubt. Consistently respecting and improving on the source material.
It's surely one of the greats, but I wouldn't call it the greatest. I'd say Mushoku and 86 did better.
Feb 15, 2023 7:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now that's how to pull off an atomic prank, xD. Absolutely devastated the Princess, jeez. I was a little surprised to see her get this angry at the sight of Shadow though, I know it'd been building but for it to have reached such a stage was not something I expected. What a one-sided battle, good lord! 

I'm not the biggest fan of landslide OP MCs but Cid's constant attempt to remain in the background for the most bit or go all-out like this rarely created a fairly fun watching experience. Alpha could've seriously been the best girl of the season if not for her limited screen time, I'd a feeling when this show started. I remember being pretty excited seeing the first few episodes but my hype sort of died down along the way, but I'll still give it a fine rating though. 

The use of the white filter during some of the most intense action sequences reminded me of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. Really leaves an impression behind, I hope more shows would do the same.

20 episodes, and it really feels like the kind of show that'd be popular in Japan, so why not a 2nd season? Would definitely watch, just to see Cid and his yandere sister, lol. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Mar 2012
EcchiGodMamster said:
i guess i just gotta keep in mind that i've kinda seen everything including most isekai and just let people who have seen far less enjoy the show to the max lol

so ill shut up lol
no offense but did you watch the show 1,5X speed or while doing something else? I think you just don't get the show which is understandable, you can easily find posts about not understanding the story in every weekly discussion. As someone who followed the story since "I am taepodong", the anime is indeed quite confusing if you don't fully pay attention, moreover they also loves throwing details for LN readers. an example : I doubt many people here realizes that the monster girl from episode 5 actually the daughter of villain from episode 3  
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2023 7:56 AM

Jan 2023
SO FREAKING AWESOME EPISODE, i cant wait season 2........
youchlFeb 16, 2023 4:28 AM
Feb 15, 2023 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
Karoan said:

9anime is pretty solid
Feb 15, 2023 8:00 AM
Feb 2023
Every Good things does comes to an end.................
Masterpiece just straight Masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT SEASON 2 ASAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 15, 2023 8:01 AM
Feb 2022
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Feb 15, 2023 8:01 AM
Oct 2019
Elastor said:
Am i tripping, i read the manga a while back and i don't think it went anything like that. Not that im complaining just idk is the anime not following it? Or is the manga not following light novels?

Yeah anime is following the light novels
Feb 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
Lmao they even put 666 in the credits instead of Rose

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

179 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.