Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
I think this episode featured Cid's most dangerous opponent, yet, or at least someone capable of actually killing him.

Wonder if we saw a glimpse of Cid's true vicious side. On the other hand, I hope the other Shadow Garden members can contribute to this arc more. Feels like Cid is carrying this arc recently.
Jan 4, 2023 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Cid got both Nelson and the Hero Olivier GOOD...by becoming a literal human vampire and avoiding death like the Chuuni he is lols.

Even when Nelson brings out the many copies of Olivier through the power of the Sanctuary, they're no match for Cid with his once again "I Am (the All-Range) Atomic" fashion. God, that NEVER gets old. Awakening in another area with the Sanctuary gone, Cid has carried his work through Aurora, and like the flower petal in the wind, she disappears and fades into oblivion, saving the precious memory together with Cid for a farewell. This is also assumed by both Alexia, Beta and Rose to know that Shadow Garden is real, and they definitely getting closer to the hidden truth behind the scenes.

Shadow Garden has definitely made leaps in their research: the Witch of Calamity being the Demon Diablos and expanding their presence in lots of areas: Gamma in terms of real estate for example. Definitely a moment between Cid and Alpha in their young days growing and training Shadow Garden the way it is today. Also, the name Perv Asshat (I'm sure know you the puns that this show likes to make) is just a delight to see lols. But this has implications: both Midgar sisters Iris and Alexia have seen all they need to see and know that tbey have to take down both the Cult of Diablos and Shadow Garden, with some nice fanservice. And yes, that's Alexia perfecting Cid's towel slap from the hot springs episode.

Yelp, that's some cliffhanger right there...

A good return to form! Lovin' it!
KANLen09Jan 4, 2023 7:02 AM
Jan 4, 2023 7:02 AM
Dec 2015
does rose
getting possesed just now?
wtf

will she join shadow garden now?
or cid will save  her befor
intresting
Jan 4, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
I really love these moments, they were very heartwarming to watch.

何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 4, 2023 7:06 AM

Nov 2019
Delta being Delta, howling at the top of her lungs like a stray dog or even a lone wolf.

Also what was that sound that Iris heard

Jan 4, 2023 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
Shadow hype! That atomic was epic. So Aurora is Diabolos, damn. I hope she someday joins Shadow. Alexia still doing that lmao? Also Iris is delusional, she's averting her eyes from the truth.
Jan 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Jul 2015
Another ATOMIC scene and it was just as glorious as the previous one.. Man the OST of that gives me goosebumps..

we got some alexia and her sister fanservice at the end.. noice

so Aurora turned out to be Diablo.. much to my surprise for once.. I really thought she was just a witch.. so the whole Diablo vs Olivier is a made up story by the church.. (notmuchtomysurprise)

Anything else hopes that we get more of the Shadow Garden and Cid scenes together or nah? but it looks like its Shadow Garden and Cid on separate paths..
Jan 4, 2023 7:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah, we got another Atomic moment I was waiting for something like that again xD
Jan 4, 2023 7:22 AM

Jun 2016
im atomic !!!!!!
this is so cool !!

aurora best nee san  moment !!
Jan 4, 2023 7:23 AM
Mar 2022
I seriously can’t believe Alexia is still hitting herself with the towel 😂
Jan 4, 2023 7:28 AM
Sep 2021
Shadow is really carrying the entire show, it's been a while since I saw an isekai OP MC
Jan 4, 2023 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
Aurora or something is another hottie Cid made to fall head over heels to him, unintentionally...
Unfortunately, she was deemed as Diabolos by Alpha... I wonder what's the true story behind it... (I won't even try looking for spoilers)

Another great episode, I really enjoyed this, again!
Keep up the awesome work!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 4, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 2022
_Zuki said:
I seriously can’t believe Alexia is still hitting herself with the towel 😂
It took me a while to remember that WA-PACK! sound
Jan 4, 2023 7:37 AM
Jan 2021
The tournament arc is gonna be dope, can't wait to see Cid come up with some new bullshit and make everyone just go with it lol
Jan 4, 2023 7:38 AM
Feb 2022
SASUGA.

VERY ATOMIC EPISODE !
RedCobra76Jan 4, 2023 8:09 AM
Jan 4, 2023 7:42 AM
Aug 2016
I AM THE ALL-RANGE ATOMIC
Jan 4, 2023 7:45 AM
Sep 2022
That Zeta scouting scene screamed lala-lion to me
Jan 4, 2023 7:45 AM

Apr 2022
I'll never get why people aren't enjoying this series, it's so fun and satisfying to watch, at least until the weekly cliffhanger. 
Jan 4, 2023 7:56 AM
Jan 2022
Damn, idk, this is so awesome! I just can't wait for more episodes. Might pick up light novel later xD. This is so underrated just cause it's isekai. It deserves more than 8 in the least.

Btw quick question: Will Aurora ever return, whatever they said about true form and stuff?
Jan 4, 2023 7:58 AM
Mar 2021
swarde said:
That Zeta scouting scene screamed lala-lion to me
Add a Watamelon sacrificial lamb to the scene and it would be 100% accurate 
Jan 4, 2023 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
Ordinal_Richao said:
Damn, idk, this is so awesome! I just can't wait for more episodes. Might pick up light novel later xD.

Btw quick question, will Aurora ever return, whatever they said about true form and stuff?
thieftheodoreJan 4, 2023 8:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2023 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
the "i am atomic" had even better pronounciation than i expected very nice
Jan 4, 2023 8:03 AM
Aug 2020
i love main Character of this anime.. vibes are different loving it
Jan 4, 2023 8:03 AM
Jan 2022
thieftheodore said:
Ordinal_Richao said:
Damn, idk, this is so awesome! I just can't wait for more episodes. Might pick up light novel later xD.

Btw quick question, will Aurora ever return, whatever they said about true form and stuff?
yes she'll make brief appearance again in hypothetical s2 and become central character in the latest book

Yes!!! That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Btw I think you should add a spoiler tag. Otherwise, you might get in problem.

Also, I wanted to ask whether novel is worth reading or not? Cause I kind of like the osts and stuff, but on the other hand. I might get impatient waiting for the next cour.
Jan 4, 2023 8:05 AM
Mar 2021
Ordinal_Richao said:
will Aurora ever return, whatever they said about true form and stuff?
Read the discontinued web novel if you want to watch Aurora returning faster in the form of the most glorious and cutest in the world: Finger-chan. Literally a finger, but somehow Finger-chan can express her emotions and intentions very well and cutely. She's also a very playful little finger. Sadly the author deleted Finger-chan in the light novel. 
Jan 4, 2023 8:06 AM
Jan 2022
that atomic scene was way better than the first imo plus it shows just how much force was behind it with how it flooded the whole city and it wasnt even the point of it lol that was just the side effect
Jan 4, 2023 8:11 AM

Apr 2021
kun_kirito said:
does rose
getting possesed just now?
wtf

will she join shadow garden now?
or cid will save  her befor
intresting
Jan 4, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
This was a kinda boring episode, not exactly worth the cliffhanger from last week. I blame myself for not doing what I usually do for this season, by waiting until the show is over and binge watch it. Ngl, I enjoyed the show a lot for the first 6 episodes or so. But I feel it's progressively getting more and more worse/boring, there are a few decent moments here and there, but.. eh. The show is also going on loop with its arc pattern of Cid finding himself in trouble (abduction/school hostage/red door), moves around doing whatever while his squad is doing something in the background, then he goes for the kill or whatever. And nothing much really changed with him since the start. Now that I'm typing this I'm actually getting annoyed. lol

I'm also still waiting for Cid to have any good moment with literally any character from his group but nothing so far. They only show us their huge loyalty and flashbacks to when he saved them but that's just it. Their relationship is just shallow af, actually, the same is true for every relationship in this show. Just throwing here and there random ass moments between the girls' daily lives isn't interesting. Do that when you actually DO something interesting, then I wouldn't mind that much. Even the comedy with them (not when it's him doing his pretending scenarios) fucking suck. Short rant over, I guess.  I hope it gets better from now on but not expecting much.
Jan 4, 2023 8:23 AM
Sep 2018
Am I the only one to hear elegy for rem from Re:Zero while one of the girls plays the piano in the flashback ?

Anyway this episode reminds me of why I keep watching this anime : it’s edgy as fuck and I just love it.
We can feel more and more a dangerous side from cid appear, which makes a fun contrast when you see how childish he can also be.

I’m a bit sad for Aurora tho, she was the one character that was the closest from cid in term of edginess and being a overpowered character. But I won’t conclude anything about her for now, still got few episodes to arrive
Jan 4, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2022
Man, I'm enthralled. Another stellar ATOMIC moment, beautiful execution - I love the dramatic aural pause, so cool.

And how about that cliffhanger, eh? I thought I was out, but it pulled me back in.
Jan 4, 2023 8:33 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So the match was basically decided before it even started with Cid's overpowered skills huh. Well, what was I expecting anyway considering how the show has been thus far. Then we got some lore that at this point even if I try to follow exactly it feels like information is either missing or I've completely forgotten about. What's keeping me is the dumb stuff he pulls but that's about it since the rest of the characters and the animation aren't anything to write home about.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 4, 2023 8:34 AM

Mar 2012
kljy said:
Where can I read the summary and spoiler? The book just released last month. Need to wait months for the official translation to release

well I bought the book from amazon, but I recall there's ongoing spanish fan translation and english mtl out there
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2023 8:35 AM
Oct 2011
I'm a bit confused about the scene Rose was remembering, was that shown in the anime or is it in her "backstory" and it's yet to be revealed? 
Jan 4, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2021
Atomic 2.0 Let's gooooo🔥🔥🔥 and Those camera angles in bath scene ufff. Studio really doing great job in everything
Jan 4, 2023 8:36 AM
May 2021
Nabaat said:
Delta being Delta, howling at the top of her lungs like a stray dog or even a lone wolf.

Alexia doing that Towel slap like Cid 😂😂
Jan 4, 2023 8:43 AM

May 2020
A large scale atomic attack once again. No idea what kind of assets Cid hiding beneath that toned body of his.

They mentioned Aurora being the demon Diabolos and that certainly came out of nowhere. Sure there's a long tale behind that.
Jan 4, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2021
did alexia try cid's towel slap at the end there ahahah?

cid went all out again. the neck bite was surprising though.

decent episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2023 9:13 AM
Oct 2022
THE ALL RANGE PART 2, AMAZING
Jan 4, 2023 9:38 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned. Please refrain from asking where you can watch/download the episode.

Jan 4, 2023 9:39 AM
Nov 2022
Second Atomic line for the win!
Jan 4, 2023 9:46 AM
Sep 2022
no words, it's "fucking crazy", that's all
Jan 4, 2023 9:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
housing bubble?! that was exquisite!! kekeke
Jan 4, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
Great to see another "Atomic" moment.

It was nice seeing the small bit with shadow members in their free time.

Jan 4, 2023 10:29 AM

May 2019
Another fun and entertaining episode, glad that this series continued without a break. So looks like Aurora is gone but was part of the Diablos cult? I wonder if we'll see her again and if she will be on Cid's side or not.

LOL at the continued trash talking between Alexia and Beta, such as when they decided to form a team and Beta implied Alexia is the deadweight, their rivalry is entertaining. Also, speaking of Alexia, I wasn't sure what those two smacks were after she left the sauna with Iris but a couple of people here mentioned it's her practicing Cid's towel smack lol. I remember hearing that smack after Cid left Alexia in the hot springs. Lastly, what's up with Rose?? Is she infected with a Diablos cult virus or something? Looking forward to seeing what that's about.
Jan 4, 2023 10:33 AM
Jun 2020
I need more atomic moments!
My Main Candies:
My Bonus Candies:
Jan 4, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2022
Perv Asshat - lol - mere mention of that character name made my day! Can't wait to see if he lives up to it.
Jan 4, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2020
good good good good good good good good
Jan 4, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 2021
Nabaat said:

Alexia perfecting cid’s towel slap from the previous episode
Jan 4, 2023 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
Awesome, really joyful episode!
Jan 4, 2023 12:04 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. I liked the explosion, good.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Apr 18, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.