Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like this episode tried to go into more depth with the relationship between Ryu and Bell. Even as Bell doesn't believe Ryu is a killer, something does seem off about this mystery.

Pretty thrilling episode though. Ryu is actually a badass being in the position she's in but still manages to make an impact.
Sep 8, 2022 7:53 AM
May 2021
Damn... Ryuu is freaking scary. Even the Light Novel didn't have this kind of tension. I really really like the way they are handling this season.

And looks like we have to wait another week to see our Jugge-Boy.

Sep 8, 2022 7:56 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Ryuu started her old vengeance again and she is pretty obsessed with it.
Tho there seems to be more going on not the mention that monster that they keep foreshadowing, this could get pretty interesting.

Then there is the other party that's acting really suspiciously.
Sep 8, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Truthfully, the opening is a Warning worthy investment for the dangerous road ahead for Bell and Co. in regards to Cassandra's premonition coming true in their pursuit for the Gale Wind Ryu.

To assimilate everyone's lives in the Familias that make up Evilus that has harmed her Astraea Familia in the past, that's an avenged revenge that would easily shout "bloody murder", and Bell has to be careful to stick true to his objective to find Ryu before everyone else does, while everyone awaits for the precise time to move, which Aisha wants to use violence to hasten the process.

Bell has a second source: the mermaid Marie, and it looks like she knows where Ryu could've went, and sure enough, he found her at the cusp of the killing of her victims, but the Gale Wind would not answer to his queries, leaving the Rabbit's Foot hanging and saving the only victim he found. For Bors and the rest, the rare chance of finding some thugs alive and being so traumatized after her killing, only to be surprised by her encounter that wasted her time facing them.

If anything, Ryu's revenge against her detractors like Jura and Bell's insistence to be in the right place at the wrong time, something is in the air about the Gale Wind that's a whole lot different now. Don't fight, or end up dead.
Sep 8, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2011
Ryu is doing nothing wrong.
I wonder if I will end disliking or even hating Bell at the end of the season, if he keep getting between Ryu and her vengeance.
Sep 8, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
Bell is getting meddlesome this episode.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 8, 2022 8:30 AM
Jun 2020
I'm just waiting they reveal it's a misunderstanding and Ryuu is actually has a very good reason for that and is also one of the "good guys".

That isn't a spoiler, just the most cliche thing that could happen.
Sep 8, 2022 8:33 AM
Jul 2020
Man I hoped Bell had matured and realized the world aint just white and pure but nope he is still the same weak pathetic idealistic goody two-shoes
Sep 8, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Really wonder what's up with Ryu, there's gotta be more to it than just revenge.
Sep 8, 2022 9:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
And so Ryu's rampage is finally starting to be animated. They're really taking their time and not rushing the pacing.

Next episode is going to be killer.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Ryu doesn't seem to be in the right state mind. But Bell is going to get involved no matter what. It is just his character. That Bell can't leave those in trouble. He will get involved no matter what. Ryu making threats to Bell is something if Ryu really means it or not. Who knows.
Sep 8, 2022 9:10 AM
Jan 2008
dasprn said:

Bell is ALWAYS being meddlesome. His naive and goody-two-shoes behavior is particularly obnoxious in this episode. Stop being such a child god damnit !
Sep 8, 2022 9:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finally Ryu is going to take center stage, from here out till the end, each episode should be a banger, cant wait.
This is shit is gonna be EPIC if JCStaff doesnt fuck it up, and I m feeling good vibes from having 22 episodes to cover the rest of vol13, 14 and maybe parts of 15.

insanitymanic said:
Man I hoped Bell had matured and realized the world aint just white and pure but nope he is still the same weak pathetic idealistic goody two-shoes

Read the LN if you want, S3 already covered it up, but you get way more insight in the LN, in short, Bell has already been confronted with stuff dilemas and he choose the harder, supposedly impossible path, that is just how his character is, and that might sound retarded but by reading the light novel he is actually given tons of development that actually makes him more interesting than your typical dumb MC.

It is because he has decided to stay idealistic despite it all, that he is here, in season 3 he was called the fool many times, but he has accepted it and doesnt care if it is the harder path, supposedly impossible by the realists.
The journey of Bell is very naive, what he desires and believes, many would say he is just a child and will be forced to grown up, but he has already grown up and faced with all the dilemas from S3, he accepted it all, he is very much aware but still has the resolve to sacrifice himself for what he believes, even if it is folly.

So it is just you that did not realize that, but development already happened and will keep happening through the next episodes of S4, and it is his choices and the way he was developed, with the writter being aware and tackling those problems heads-on and the answer he cames up with actually makes me like the character.
The world of Danmachi seeks out a hero, and the kind of hero Bell wants to become is not one that can accept sacrifice and giving up on idealism, no matter what, if you cant take that, better not be watching this man.
PlaycoolSep 8, 2022 9:21 AM
Sep 8, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2021
gotta give props to the staff for making the atmosphere really eerie so far. ryuu can be really scary...
some people are finding bell meddlesome...like bro, getting caught in trouble is literally his character trait/job. was nice seeing marie again tho.
Sep 8, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2021
Aisha's two ideas got comically shut down quick...

I liked the intensity of the episode though. From here on out, it's all ramp up till the end.
Sep 8, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
so Ryu is really the murderer huh sort of vigilante justice she is doing i guess

but im more curious about the giant snake i guess that is connected to the prophecy of Cassandra about them all getting killed
Sep 8, 2022 10:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looking at that prophesy now one can really see how brutal of a fate it is. Being a member of the upper mid ranks of adventurers really shows Bell's improved skills. Considering that the Evilus were responsible for killing every one of her friends within Astraea familia Ryu hunting down everyone associated with them is what I expect of her. Still the person that started the hunt sure is looking more dodgy by the minute. That reaction of Ryu when she saw Bell sure was a surprisingly chilling one. Even when holding back Ryu's skill was damm impressive. When on the hunt her aura and attitude is completely different huh. Next ep looks like we'll be seeing the true boss of that arc appear as well as Lily and co's struggle against their own ambush.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2022 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
Ragon_Qc said:
Aisha's two ideas got comically shut down quick...

I liked the intensity of the episode though. From here on out, it's all ramp up till the end.

She's easily the most resouceful one. They really should've went with her approach.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2022 11:40 AM
Jan 2018
Lork said:
dasprn said:

Bell is ALWAYS being meddlesome. His naive and goody-two-shoes behavior is particularly obnoxious in this episode. Stop being such a child god damnit !

Y'all realize Bell is 14, which in fact makes him a literal child? Of course he's not going to understand there's some situations where being a "good" person simply isn't viable.
Sep 8, 2022 12:03 PM

May 2020
Can't bear this sorry figure of Bell anymore, I really hope Ryu gives him the cruelest ever beating but hey we all know that's not how this series works.
Sep 8, 2022 12:16 PM
Aug 2019
boy, why bell is still naive...we need jugger-boy
Sep 8, 2022 12:41 PM
Feb 2013
good ep, seems like next one might bring some more knowledge about the whole thing
Sep 8, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
One thing this episode did really well was the atmosphere and how eerie and unnerving it felt. They controlled the suspense with precision, especially with how the OST added to the eerie vibes.

I'm glad that Marie is back again and while her singing out in the open was a risky thing for her to do, it did attract Bell back to her, where she was able to take Bell to where Ryu was, which confirmed his worst fears about what she was doing. It's within his nature to get involved in messy situations like this, but even this will be a tough task for Bell to stop her from killing the sole survivor of the Familia that Ryu has slain everyone associated with it up to this point.

Who knows if he can hold his own against Ryu or gets his butt whooped instead. I don't see their fight lasting long due to the snake monster that's present on the same floor as them. It's almost a given that it'll gate-crash Bell and Ryu's fight. I'm hoping that J.C Staff can do a solid job in the animation side of things again, like they did with the Moss Huge battles from before. =)
Sep 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
Well, Bell still can't get it around his head that Ryu is involved but not completely. Dragged out the whole episode but the suspense was there for sure. Intense and good OST.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 8, 2022 1:22 PM
Jul 2021
I was hoping for more action and scenes of Ryu running through the whole search party with all the build up we had last week. We are given another week of waiting to find out what happened with Ryu and her old family and why she wants to kill this Jura guy so badly.

In some exciting news, we get to see, what I assume is, the 27th floor boss monster. However, I could be completely wrong in saying this, because Marie mentioned that something had entered into the 27th floor, that isn't supposed to be there. Either way, we get a glimpse at this 6-eyed serpent thing, and at first-look, this guy appears to be a strong opponent. I don't want to believe that this is the floor boss monster, since the floor boss monster was mentioned to be a dragon previously.

In the case that this serpent isn't the floor boss monster, this could set us up for an insane double-monster showdown for the remaining episodes.
Sep 8, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2018
I wonder if there is more to this Evilus guy that what is revealed
Sep 8, 2022 2:07 PM

Sep 2015
Bell has a STAGGERING lack of balls. It's always been true, but never so more in this episode.

3/10, pathetic.
Sep 8, 2022 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
Uneventful episode. Talky talky, yelly yelly, walky walky. Might as well have skipped it entirely.
Sep 8, 2022 3:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I understand why Bell had to get in front the man she is trying to kill because killing him is not going to bring back her familia. Most importantly Ryuu will still have that huge bounty on her head and will continue to live her life on the run until someone claims that bounty. I doubt Bell's talk-no-jitsu would work on Ryuu so he has to fight. That monster is still lurking around on the 27th floor which I think will be the reason why everyone dies in Cassandra's dream.
Sep 8, 2022 5:26 PM
Nov 2021
tfw the party (except ig the oracle girl, but its not like she's that big of a character yet) can believe wholeheartedly that Lion isn't responsible for the deaths but can suspect the werewolf harshly. I imagine they'll paint Lion in a good light at the very end and they'll make the werewolf out to be a member of Evilus or some crappy reasoning to justify him being the antagonist. I feel like danmachi's storytelling has really gone downhill.
Sep 8, 2022 6:35 PM
Nov 2021
Triggerfish124 said:
tfw the party (except ig the oracle girl, but its not like she's that big of a character yet) can believe wholeheartedly that Lion isn't responsible for the deaths but can suspect the werewolf harshly. I imagine they'll paint Lion in a good light at the very end and they'll make the werewolf out to be a member of Evilus or some crappy reasoning to justify him being the antagonist. I feel like danmachi's storytelling has really gone downhill.

You do remember how, barely 1 episode ago, they looked at the dead guy and were like :''Yeah, some cuts fit her weapon, but all the lethal cuts don't. Maybe she only immobilised him and then someone else swooped in for the kill afterwords''?
Sep 8, 2022 6:41 PM
Nov 2021
Ragon_Qc said:
Triggerfish124 said:

You do remember how, barely 1 episode ago, they looked at the dead guy and were like :''Yeah, some cuts fit her weapon, but all the lethal cuts don't. Maybe she only immobilised him and then someone else swooped in for the kill afterwords''?

from what the anime showed, that analysis was bull crap. The people that made the analysis were shown in the back of the crowd for a brief second before they turned their back and left. There's always the chance she used another weapon as well. Its not like the group are experts on wounds. Monsters literally explode when you kill them and wounds are almost immediately healed with magic. There's no "My Dungeon Academy" so its not like people are taught about that either. And even if they had doubts on Lion actually killing people, ghe fact they act 100% certain its the wolf guy and he has a plan that continues after murdering the guy and then accusing Lion is crap.
Sep 8, 2022 7:23 PM
Nov 2021
Triggerfish124 said:

from what the anime showed, that analysis was bull crap. The people that made the analysis were shown in the back of the crowd for a brief second before they turned their back and left. There's always the chance she used another weapon as well. Its not like the group are experts on wounds. Monsters literally explode when you kill them and wounds are almost immediately healed with magic. There's no "My Dungeon Academy" so its not like people are taught about that either. And even if they had doubts on Lion actually killing people, ghe fact they act 100% certain its the wolf guy and he has a plan that continues after murdering the guy and then accusing Lion is crap.

They said they went to have a look at the body when people were talking.
You have a point with using another weapon, i don't remember the exact wording (and translation), but Ryu does have multiple weapons.
I disagree with your next point. Lily has been in the streets for about 10 years at this point, she definetely understands what kind of weapons do what, Daphne is similarly experienced i believe, if not more.
I think he was somewhat suspicious in the last episode, but when he decides to go out on his own as a level 2 to go beat a lvl 4, that's not reasonable.

Anyway, my point is, the show does an alright job at storytelling. It's not gonna win any awards, but saying it has gone downhill is non-sense. Downhill from what?
Sep 8, 2022 7:31 PM
Nov 2021
Ragon_Qc said:
Triggerfish124 said:

They said they went to have a look at the body when people were talking.
You have a point with using another weapon, i don't remember the exact wording (and translation), but Ryu does have multiple weapons.
I disagree with your next point. Lily has been in the streets for about 10 years at this point, she definetely understands what kind of weapons do what, Daphne is similarly experienced i believe, if not more.
I think he was somewhat suspicious in the last episode, but when he decides to go out on his own as a level 2 to go beat a lvl 4, that's not reasonable.

Anyway, my point is, the show does an alright job at storytelling. It's not gonna win any awards, but saying it has gone downhill is non-sense. Downhill from what?

Anime didnt show them coming up to the body while the group was talking. They never showed Lili around dead bodies, so whether she does or does not is up to the opinion. Personally I don't think so. i dont see why red head would know either. Season 1 was significantly better than this. Season 2 was okay, was kinda just coasting off season 1. Season 3 I didnt like how the plot shifted from Bell trying to earn Ais's favor to saving monster girls and confessing his love to Hestia. Honestly him doing that defeats the entire premise of why he has that first skill. I dont think Ais has gotten one mention in this season. In this season, I dont like how Bell is basically worshipped by his peers. Basically all the dialogue has been about how great Bell is. With this new issue, that hasnt really been the case, but I still think the storytelling is sloppy.
Sep 8, 2022 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
This is why Ryuu is the best. Best Girl I'm this series.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 8, 2022 9:06 PM
Feb 2018
BlichoBoy said:
Ryu is doing nothing wrong.
I wonder if I will end disliking or even hating Bell at the end of the season, if he keep getting between Ryu and her vengeance.

At this point I am so fucking tired of Bell.
Sep 8, 2022 9:31 PM
Jun 2022
Ryu should've been try to get rid of bell sereiously that might be a wake up call for his naive meddlesome goody two shoe ass.
Sep 8, 2022 11:53 PM

Feb 2019
Mannn episode ended right as it was getting good. Loved the pacing today as I’ve loved it most of the season. Can’t wait to see ryu v Bell next week
Sep 9, 2022 1:16 AM
Jun 2022
Dude what ep was this? is it really that Ryu is a murderer, to me it looks like she just wants to get revenge on this family that ended her family, she thought she had already eliminated everyone from this family in the past but now she comes across some remaining survivors and wants revenge for her dead family but i hope she has plausible reasons for that post the way she's acting seems to have something very serious even though we don't know and she's hiding it, i hope it will be revealed in the next episodes, i really like Ryu i hope she be cleared and return home to the Hestia Family safe and sound
Sep 9, 2022 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
Ryu was really scary there and it looks like nothing will get in her way when it comes to her revenge. Her fight against Bell is something to look forward to.

Sep 9, 2022 7:08 AM
Apr 2019
It was not to shabby, way to keen for next episode
Sep 9, 2022 7:38 AM
Oct 2019
the opening scene was really dark, hopefully Cassandra dream wouldn't become reality.

Damn, Ryuu be like: I am Vengeance...
Sep 9, 2022 8:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Now we have the confirmation that Ryuu is behind all of that, damn that many corpses... so she's doing that because she didn't kill every people that were involved in her familiar massacre and wants to complete the revenge? But that sounds mysterious especially how she's ready to kill anybody that interfere with her plans even Bell :S
Sep 9, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
NGL, I've never been more satisfied of how Danmachi anime handled the adaptation than in its episode. They did succeed in several very satisfactory way, some of which I can't talk without "spoiling", some like the strong tension felt in the air that was really on point.

I just hope that they won't mess up what's coming next. So fart so good, but before recently, they have a terrible record when it comes to handle important scenes/arc defining scenes.

Because what's about to happen... ooooh boy.

PS : seems like many peoples watching didn't understand what Aisha's second solution that made Heavyhime panic was lmao.
ZefyrisSep 9, 2022 9:13 AM
Sep 9, 2022 4:33 PM
Jun 2013
this is the best ###
Sep 9, 2022 4:47 PM

Feb 2018
The way those eyes glared at him at the end...You know she's serious.
Sep 9, 2022 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
friggin' cliffhanger and Bell is so Naive thinking that he could resolve something without killing....hmmmm
5/5.

Sep 10, 2022 12:03 PM

Mar 2010
We all know once a bitch sets her mind on something there ain't no stoppin em. Best to step aside. keke

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 10, 2022 3:54 PM
Aug 2021
muito bom desde a primeira temporada
Sep 11, 2022 7:14 AM
Jan 2019
Cool episode, can't wait to watch the next one <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 26, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.