Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2022 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
Damn that left me speechless, Irumyuui.....her children....vueko, just damn wtf did I just watch. That was a bit too much.
Aug 17, 2022 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Classic survival elements this episode. I find this one relevant to the series for its characters trying to survive, with scarce food and dangerous
environments. Got to learn more about the Golden City and its history.

Also interesting to know more about Vueko and her origins.

Quite an tense episode if you ask me.
Aug 17, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
Uhh, this is truly getting darker and darker.

This was easily the most depressing episode so far.

Poor Irumyuui.
Aug 17, 2022 9:37 AM

Sep 2013
Just when I thought this show couldn't get anymore messed up.
Aug 17, 2022 10:33 AM
Aug 2018
Staying true to the manga, even the grizzly bits, the producers know the if you are to adapt the manga of made in abyss, you must take it in it's all, and this episode is another sign that they intend to follow it completly
Aug 17, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2020
Just can't be Made in Abyss without these kinda episodes. Quite honestly heart goes out for Vueko for the kind of things she's been through till now, and I guess we still aren't over with everything.

I was already anticipating Wazukyan doing something with Irumyuui, and of course fears came true. That know-it-all look in the end just rubbing salt in the wound.
Aug 17, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
It’s finally time for the Ganja Squad backstory, and oh god did it hit like a train.

Unlikely for them, nothing in the Abyss is nice to delver, not even simple water. What surprised me the most was the Wazukyan kept drinking it like he didn’t care at all for his well being. Maybe he knew, since he’s a prophet, that he was gonna survive anyways.

Irumyuui of course had to be the one suffering the most.
Imagine seeing your babies dies in front of you one after another.

Next episode, it’s gonna get even more fucked up.
Irumyuui’s smile must be protected at all costs.
XenocrisiAug 17, 2022 10:43 AM
Aug 17, 2022 10:37 AM

Nov 2021
Wow, this one left me speechless. Not ready to see Vueko suffer even more in the next episode
Aug 17, 2022 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
masterblock_120 said:
Staying true to the manga, even the grizzly bits, the producers know the if you are to adapt the manga of made in abyss, you must take it in it's all, and this episode is another sign that they intend to follow it completly

Agreed. Glad they didn't insert their "creativity" and "narative" and decided to follow the manga wholeheartedly. I was in awe most if not all the time watching this episode.
Aug 17, 2022 11:51 AM

Oct 2021
OST: banger after banger
Animation: smooth and clean and beautiful
Story: as good as ever
Aug 17, 2022 11:54 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Good episode! Finally the infodump I was waiting for, great to see it all in color. Poor Irumyuui but at least she was able to return the favor to Vueko...
Aug 17, 2022 2:42 PM

Oct 2018
Why does the cute animal always have to die?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Aug 17, 2022 2:46 PM

May 2016
lol i was complaining about the girl just shitting but now they show actual shit LOL.
Aug 17, 2022 2:47 PM

Jan 2020
Why would you touch the diarrhea? ಠ_ಠ

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 17, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2019
Damn irumyui basically said vueko smell like a hoe lmao

I really have no words to describe what I just saw.

Excruciatingly painful episode to watch. Die of dehydration or keep drinking the water, I know I’d struggle with the choice too.

The look on vueko face when she realised she ate her own friend’s kids holy shit just imagine… just an insane episode ..time to watch arsnotoria to cleanse my mind

Also begs the question, why didn’t the leader get sick

Just realised we’ve seen this mark before on the relic
Aug 17, 2022 2:51 PM
May 2021
wowww this episode produced so much emotion!!!
Aug 17, 2022 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
well that was very grim, I don't think I've seen anything as dark as this in the 700 shows I've watched. I think it's the colourful art design and innocent facade that makes it even worse. it's compelling in the same way other gruesome shows are.
Aug 17, 2022 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
That Vazukyan guy couldn't be more obvious villain even if he would try.

Aug 17, 2022 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
I always knew that will happen, but at the end I couldn't handle it....
Aug 17, 2022 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
Piromysl said:

Put yourself in Wazukyan's shoes.
The leader is the one who has to prevent panic and seek to solve problems as a group. Other than that he knew how to keep his sanity (unlike Belaf or Vueko who couldn't handle it).
In part what he did was right to save his people but it was at the cost of sacrificing Irumyuui's children. There were no other options. What he did was unforgivable and too heartbreaking for Irumyuui, that's true. But it was the right decision to save everyone there.

He was not a villain.
RiotAug 17, 2022 3:13 PM
Aug 17, 2022 3:07 PM

Mar 2020
Crazy episode this week for sure. Irumyuui really suffered a terrible fate throughout the episode, and the ending caught me a little off guard for sure. Well... at least Irumyuui quite literally saved everyone.
Aug 17, 2022 3:10 PM

Aug 2018
I've been thinking the past few episodes haven't been as good but this picked up
_______I like rocks__
Aug 17, 2022 3:13 PM
Oct 2013
Wazukyan did nothing wrong!
Aug 17, 2022 3:18 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
One of the most heart wrenching arc’s I’ve read in manga, and the anime is doing a phenomenal job adapting it. This is the epitome of the meaning of the abyss, it giveth and it taketh away. You reside in the dark, but you find the slightest light, which turns out to be an even deeper darkness. Yet it has a warmth just like the light you desired, so you keep it close and treasure it, hoping to never let go. Seeing this arc be brought to life has felt just like the abyss, beautiful yet horrible. Another amazing yet horrifying episode, which will be followed up by more of the same, and my deranged self can’t wait.
Aug 17, 2022 3:19 PM

Jun 2016
Always remember, IRUburu: 50 percent "village", 40 percent "cradle" and 10 percent "mother":

Aug 17, 2022 3:20 PM

Apr 2018
They ate her children which are basically part human/eggs so it was effective against the sickness. Sounds delicious IG.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 17, 2022 3:20 PM

Oct 2019
Hyrulia said:
Wazukyan did nothing wrong!

I mean, from the hints, he only fed dead weird kids to people to save them.

disturbing? very much so

but objectively speaking I don't think even Irumyuui would be completely against it considering how it saved her mother figure.

so I actually completely agree with, specially as a leader, he would be terrible if he didn't do this
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 17, 2022 3:23 PM

Oct 2019
Piromysl said:

villain?

I mean what kind of leader wouldn't do what he did?

I don't think even Irumyuui would be completely against what he did considering how it saved her mother figure, specially since the kids were dead anyways.

it is very disturbing though
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 17, 2022 3:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was awful xDDD I mean the episode was great but this is so disgusting I wanted to throw up with all the diarrhea kind of thing and the other diseases that was extremely sad and painful to watch, I wonder how the author can have extreme ideas like that but it works for what it wants to do, for sure.
Aug 17, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
A Masterpiece Episode inside a Masterpiece Series.

The Storm is coming... Mutliple Storms are coming...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 17, 2022 3:28 PM
Aug 2019
Love seeing characters in desperate situations taking desperate actions. It's hella interesting.

It's too bad more creators don't have the confidence to do what the creator for Made in Abyss has done in that regard.
Aug 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Nov 2017
What is this episode! Poor Irumyuui.
Aug 17, 2022 3:32 PM
Nov 2013
HELP this was honestly one of the most if not the most CURSED piece of television i have ever watched, and I watched all of game of thrones' final season
Aug 17, 2022 3:34 PM

Mar 2021
This show is nothing short of incredible. Even with all the warnings and context clues, I cannot say I was really ready for all that. There are definitely shows I like more, but this one just has a way of sticking with me.
Aug 17, 2022 3:37 PM

Oct 2019
doei said:
HELP this was honestly one of the most if not the most CURSED piece of television i have ever watched, and I watched all of game of thrones' final season

the difference is that this is cursed on purpose, and it's extremely good at it

honestly I don't think there is a single piece of media that has better body horror than made in abyss. if it exists, I sure as hell don't know about it.
Also available at:

Aug 17, 2022 3:38 PM
Nov 2020
Was not ready for such a crazy plot twist
Aug 17, 2022 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
This episode def hit, probs the best fo the season. This part may be the one that fucked me the most in the manga, maybe as much as the stuff we saw in the Bondrewd arc, which was no slouch at all. The concept that a creature able to inhabit water and parasite you to deform and slowly kill you in such way is just terrifying. Probably the most terrifying animal of MiA along with the insects of the 5th layer entrance.

Irumyui's suffering was bad in the manga, but seeing it in motion with voice acting is just heartbreaking. First losing her pet in such a cruel way, later catching the diarrhea, and then being mutated by the craddle of desire. Even worse, you could tell she missed her pet because her children vaguely looked like it. Oof. Poor girl just wanted to have kids, and got her wish granted the worst way possible. And then the ending. Welp, nothing to say that haven't been said already.

I noticed they didn't adapt the scene of

Also, yeah, Wazukyan did nothing wrong for sure. It was a harsh decission, but it was either that or face anhilation.
Aug 17, 2022 3:53 PM

Apr 2020
that episode left me speechless, the cliffhangers always dammit. Intense episode
Aug 17, 2022 3:58 PM

Oct 2008
From another comment I happened to come across. Evidently, the Cradle granted all of Irumyuui's wishes:

- Not wanting to be in pain.
- Wanting to give birth.
- Wanting her pet back.
- Wanting to save everyone.

...just all at the same time. That's why a complex human wouldn't be able to use it. They would have way too many wishes to be granted properly.
Aug 17, 2022 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
It's crazy how in the Abyss even something simple like drinking water may turn out to be fatal for you. That's the scary part, you trying to fight for survival might actually be your downfall.
Aug 17, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
It has been a while since an anime episode has left me speechless. This was just wow. Hats out to everyone involved. This shit is so fucking dark and I'm here all for it. I'm in legit tears man. This was excellent writing.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 17, 2022 4:15 PM

Aug 2018
Im speechless, this anime is just too good
Aug 17, 2022 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
i was getting slightly bothered by the shitting scenes from previous eps but this time they actually showed shit... ugh why touch that with bare hands? that was gross man
other than that bruhhhh this episode was dark, these people should just stayed above ground
Aug 17, 2022 4:20 PM
Jun 2019
Is it me or did the pace feel a bit quick this episode. I felt many of the moments hit much harder watching at .9x speed. Kind of inverse of episode 5.

Aug 17, 2022 4:21 PM

Feb 2018
Riot said:
Piromysl said:

Put yourself in Wazukyan's shoes.
The leader is the one who has to prevent panic and seek to solve problems as a group. Other than that he knew how to keep his sanity (unlike Belaf or Vueko who couldn't handle it).
In part what he did was right to save his people but it was at the cost of sacrificing Irumyuui's children. There were no other options. What he did was unforgivable and too heartbreaking for Irumyuui, that's true. But it was the right decision to save everyone there.

He was not a villain.

I was wondering if Wazukyan was killing Irumyuui's children or they were just dying on their own? If they're already dead I don't see the issue with him feeding them to his people to save them.
Aug 17, 2022 4:22 PM

Sep 2018
The Abyss gives you an option for survival...

But will you be prepared to pay the price.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 17, 2022 4:23 PM
Oct 2020
It’s episodes like that make me wonder what people have to sacrifice to write this kind of story…
Aug 17, 2022 4:24 PM

Feb 2018
Wow what a dark episode! It's cool to see just how dangerous the lower levels are, right down to the water. This one was dark, things went bad really fast.
I thought that maybe the round squishy things they were finding up top were the same as that wish granting egg, maybe just inactive or cheap versions. I still really want to know where the Golden City originated from, it was already there when they found it right? Also what those praying skeletons near the top were about. Still so many questions.
Aug 17, 2022 4:25 PM
Feb 2021
That was really messed up... I can't really judge Wazukyan tho. that was quite the dilema.
Aug 17, 2022 4:42 PM

Apr 2018
commonxreaction said:
Why would you touch the diarrhea? ಠ_ಠ

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

Lmao, if you think this is really fucked up then you are weak, and ofc, she did touch the diarrhea to analyze it's texture and that's how she found the eggs
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

246 by Puncheon »»
May 29, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.