Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2020 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, what a scene. When Uzaki saw those fireworks, there's so much joy on her face.

I think she also looks great in her yukata. This episode shows just how much fun she when dressed up and seeing those fireworks.
Aug 28, 2020 6:31 AM

Mar 2019
Ahh what a great way to wake up. Beautiful view infront of you. Hanabi is nothing compared to some BAZOOKAS.

Everyone loves watching those two...they always make hilarious scene and conversation.
Memories came back again, we see a little of their time at highschool before college. They were already during that time very close to each other
Aug 28, 2020 6:47 AM

Apr 2010
Uzaki would probably do well in a boxing match seeing how she knocked out her senpai.
The flashback was nice we learned a bit about the past.

Also the starting scene was funny with those girls in the background.
Aug 28, 2020 7:02 AM
Feb 2018
glad Sakurai got Uzaki out of her gloom
Aug 28, 2020 7:06 AM
Oct 2016
The most wholesome episode yet and probably my favorite thus far. I was smiling ear to ear the entire time. Repercussions from last episode causes quite the scene to start. Both Uzaki and Sakurai phrasing could use some work! Those girls had a very bad understanding of what happened but can't blame them too much with how the words were said. Uzaki giving him money for the sleeping mat looked kinda bad from the outset. Lucky for him Boss and Ami had that fireworks festival voucher to give so Uzaki and Sakurai us reconcile. Uzaki being so down made me feel bad, she genuinely felt like she went too far that time. Not having the normal Uzaki around makes things not feel right. Sakurai did a great job though cheering her up. Just like Ami said to shower her with complements. His vocabulary might not have been the best but oh well Sakurai still did good.

A knockout sending him straight into the flashback I've been waiting to see! High school Uzaki and Sakurai!! Both on the swim team so that's how they meet, so cute seeing Sakurai even back then taking care of Uzaki. Wanting to see her smiling face under the fireworks. Had a great view with that lap pillow of something alright. Couldn't see her face but he knows she feels better now. I almost teared up when they started to discuss what the plans for tomorrow were. They're just so cute together.
Aug 28, 2020 7:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good to see some romantic development, the highschool Uzaki was SO MUCH better than the actual Uzaki... the haircut was great compared to how horrible is her haircut now
Aug 28, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2012

Uzaki's POV with her weapons lol.
Aug 28, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
Uzaki in Yukata is exactly what I needed. Figure when?? Such a cute and wholesome ep.

Will never understand the hate for her. The look on her face when she saw the fireworks, beautiful
Aug 28, 2020 8:04 AM

Dec 2013
Ok seriously though... what's the deal with that cat!? xD

Aug 28, 2020 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
The starting part was hilarious and the flashback was sweet. Thou I never wanna see Uzaki in a yukata again.
Aug 28, 2020 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
The first scene of this episode was hilarious.

Loved this episode. Uzaki looks good with that yukata.
I couldn't stop laughing when Sakurai got knocked out.

Aug 28, 2020 8:58 AM

Mar 2016
It's not a confession but I'm ok with that, and I insist Usaki looks more cute with her long hair.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 28, 2020 9:10 AM
Mar 2020
I've gone from liking this show to loving it. The progression of their relationship has been so fantastic and even though there wasn't a confession, this could have been the season finale and I would have been satisfied. Can't wait for more Uzaki-chan!!
Aug 28, 2020 9:21 AM

Feb 2008
Keep the longer hair Uzaki, much cuter/attractive with it IMHO.

As of right now, easily the best episode of the series.
Aug 28, 2020 10:09 AM

Apr 2020
It was a great episode.
A great mix of comedy and slice of life genre.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Aug 28, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2020
Not gonna lie, at first I started watching this series because i was bored and people complaining how bad it was and I thought to myself, "hey why not watch a bad anime once in a while". Then yeah it's bad and i hated Uzaki but that all changed on Episode 5 or 6. I love this series and this episode is the main reason why i love this series.

It's great to have a wholesome episode, i like this episode so much, the comedy and wholesomeness was completely on point. Can't wait for more really, hope to see more of their backstory soon.
Aug 28, 2020 10:41 AM

Feb 2020
Uzaki is looking Super Cute in that yukata!

I'm really happy to see that Sakurai is now comfortable around Uzaki!!
Aug 28, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Those damn girls looking at Sakurai and Uzaki like that. If it were me, I would tell those girls to mind their own business and and to back the hell of
Aug 28, 2020 11:46 AM

Apr 2020
Ashhk said:
the highschool Uzaki was SO MUCH better than the actual Uzaki... the haircut was great compared to how horrible is her haircut now

el_morris said:
I insist Usaki looks more cute with her long hair.

loplop said:
Keep the longer hair Uzaki, much cuter/attractive with it IMHO.

I feel like I'm literally the only one digging her new haircut...I even think her haircut back then looks bad

Kryki said:

It's like a signature mark of the author or director (I forgot which one) uses quite often in his works...so it doesn't have a deeper meaning lol
The first few episodes I used to think the cat could be a person or sth like that (similar to Yoruichi in Bleach) lmao

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Aug 28, 2020 12:16 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Kind of getting annoyed now. They've changed quite a lot from the manga. Which dissappoints me. Hopefully next episode wont be like that.

And the f***s wrong with that cat...???
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Aug 28, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2019
TBFH, this ep wouldn't have been best used as the last episode of this season.
Aug 28, 2020 2:09 PM

May 2020
What a cute episode, Sakurai needs to fall in love soon y'know, she wants that, they are a perfect couple.
Aug 28, 2020 3:07 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems like Uzaki-chan wanted to hold hands in this episode, but she ended up having senpai in her lap. Another wholesome episode.
Aug 28, 2020 3:28 PM
Apr 2020
All memes and jokes aside Uzaki-Chan wants to hangout is the greatest masterpiece that I have ever seen. In ten years when people start again doing top 10 anime series of the decade Uzaki-Chan wants to hangout should be in the top three anime’s of the decade. Every anime should be like Uzaki-Chan wants to hangout .
Aug 28, 2020 3:34 PM

Nov 2018
I want to die. Someone kill me please.
Aug 28, 2020 4:08 PM
Oct 2018
just love how they get along
Aug 28, 2020 5:12 PM

Nov 2017
The opening to this ep was hilarious,and then the cafe owner and Ami about to walk away and he starts to tell them what happened,so they both sit back down.That and other little moments like that are what make this anime,and the manga so damn good.
That and Uzaki's Sugoi Dekai of course.
And that yukata,damn!
StarhammerAug 28, 2020 5:31 PM
Aug 28, 2020 5:34 PM

Nov 2011
Holy Shit they animated the Brain part so good. i was crying! Lol.

So good. Normal Hana is best but shy and embarrassed Hana is also good...all Hana is good!

Oh lord next week's episode! One of the best
In anime right now.

I just hope they don't mess up the translation for one part. One of the funniest moments in the manga.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 28, 2020 7:20 PM

Feb 2014
Uzaki looking absolutely wonderful in that yukata.
Aug 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Nov 2018
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
TBFH, this ep wouldn't have been best used as the last episode of this season.

Yeah, I was thinking it would have made a great season-ender. Hopefully they can pull up something as good when we actually get there
Aug 28, 2020 9:07 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, the continuations from the previous episode. I might be kinda exaggerating cringe by this episode. But i found their talking were so sweet with that additional of those hilarious surrounding peoples, from the first sequence until the last one. Its just, their relations had an incredible amount of development, finally. Yeah, its nice. Even Sakurai somehow remembering their good ol' past served a good timing. Idk why they were not closed enough until the point of becoming a couple after that event. Whatever happened before, that was such a soothing parts that took me a minute of a break to relax. Its so glad to finally released some tenses and brought back their usual banter in the end.

That Asai's family, tho. A father-daughter compactness in terms of getting involved in their business for their own amusement never get old to be the right joke. Obviously the same terms from Sakaki's scenes too, that captain yelling was so ridiculous. Lmao. Also these cat on my spoiler stalking on behind, finally reaching my nerved. Hey, just give me another information about that pussy!

Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 28, 2020 10:42 PM

Aug 2019
ooow really good episode, had me laughing a lot in some scenes, then feeling the emotions in some of the romantic ones. Uzaki and Sakurai some how always manage to break the barrier of misunderstandings every time when it comes to being out in public i swear lmao. Eh, i'd like to think of it as a testament to their friendship.

Liked the premise of this episode was to cheer Uzaki up after her funny first drinking accident, Asai and her father probably share one of the strongest hive minds i swear, but some of their scenes can be hilarious with them both eager for Sakuri to spill the tea. Fucking died when they showed Sakaki's six sense of "missing something important" go off, dude's had it rough this time.

Fireworks event was good, showed a bit of there past which seems to show they did know and talk to each other to some degree and weren't complete strangers to one another, Sakurai looking like an absolute chad lmao, and Uzaki seemed really timid at the time, they've more or less changed compared to them now. But that whole ending fireworks scene was really romantic, Sakurai looking back at the past, and thanking Uzaki for being with him was truly something.

All in all, this fireworks episode, combined with Sakurai trying to cheer Uzaki up and glimpses of them in high school, this was a really good episode to show off how far they've come together as friends since they first met and how they've recognised the change that the other has caused in them, really makes me excited to see what the next step will be for their friendship.

Next episode labelled as "Tsuki Uzaki" oh boy am i prepared for this one.
Aug 28, 2020 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Wow what an episode full of emotions.
That poor guy was in the boat and couldnt do/see anything.
Aug 29, 2020 12:26 AM

Jul 2016
Gotta be honest here, Uzaki looked way hotter when she was in high-school.

Well, there sure was some solid development between Uzaki and Sakurai this episode. Now let's hope it doesn't regress to zero next week.
Aug 29, 2020 1:17 AM

Jul 2020
Uzaki's bag punch hit so hard it hit Sakurai all the way back to high school, great animation.
Nice to see some back-story about their high school time.

The crowed around Uzaki and Sakurai always seem to misinterpret their conversation, too hilarious xD
Aug 29, 2020 1:21 AM
Mar 2020
It's a great episode just like before.And Hana new hairstyle make her look cuter. But there's one part have been cut out,*sigh*..But its okay. Can't wait for the next episode. >w< Tsuki Uzaki (Hana Mom)make her first appearance...XD
Aug 29, 2020 5:51 AM

Sep 2009
Kryki said:

that's the author of the manga.
Aug 29, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing from the last episode, Uzaki-chan's hangover of an apology to Sakurai. Clearly this needn't be done OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC, but why the hell not anyways for some comedic effect (since it's also done from the whole mint choco debacle)? Clearly a testament to their forever understanding-misunderstood friendship that is somewhat funny.

Asai and her dad truly are like Rakugo comedians filling in on Sakurai's sauce, the source of their comedic demeanor. To that end, Sakurai incomprehending the situation and Ami snapping her cool was just the treatment needed to patch things between him and Uzaki.

The fireworks festival, Uzaki looks so much prettier in a yukata. But Sakurai, you've gotta get your act together to properly close things up...the same in public once again.

Uzaki and Sakurai's high school backstory..I've gotta admit they look better in their young-selves before than now with their adult dead-pan-selves (with the SAME shocked-face cat following them along every step of the way).

Whatever it is, the patch is done, and resolved nicely. The most satisfying episode felt so far.

Next episode: Mama Uzaki, ready to roll!
Aug 29, 2020 8:27 AM

Mar 2017
I'm so glad they somehow nailed adapting this particular chapter, it was beautiful and funny especially the part where MC tried to praise her despite his weak vocabulary. Although they did cut the part where the guy who helps them explaining the condition MC was having, but that doesn't really matter anyway.

Alright, onward to the next episode where pretty sure Uzaki Mama will be in it, can't wait!

EDIT: forget about "pretty sure", next episode's title is literally "Tsuki Uzaki" lol. Let's gooooo!!
Aug 29, 2020 9:47 AM

Jun 2019
Uzaki looked super precious in that Yukata. Super cute and adorable.
Also some romantic development between Sakurai and Hana.
Nice episode.
Aug 29, 2020 12:34 PM

Dec 2016

lol this cat in the past was a kitten. xD
Like it is simple detail but I really appreciate.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 29, 2020 12:48 PM
Jan 2019
Somehow, i think Uzaki sad expression with such a big eyes ACTUALLY looks good. This is probably the best episode aired so far.
Aug 29, 2020 2:18 PM

Aug 2020
This episode was amazing. I t has it all, funny phrasing jokes, misunderstandings, a cute flashback, and a nice ending. Still processing it all...
Aug 29, 2020 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
This honestly felt like the final episode. So calm, wholesome and beautiful.
Aug 29, 2020 5:06 PM

Apr 2020
high school uzaki is cute

Aug 29, 2020 6:49 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't expect this episode would have turned that way, especially after the very funny opening scene

But I'm glad it turned out as a cute & strong episode, with a bit of backstory
Aug 29, 2020 10:19 PM

Oct 2016
That opening scene was hilarious lmao. You picked the wrong time to go on a trip Sakaki you missed out. Damn, Uzaki had some self confidence issues in the past the Uzaki now and Uzaki in the past's difference is night and day. And Ami is right Uzaki is easy lmao but, she's also easy to become down. Overall great episode and Sakurai sounds even more dead inside in the past lmao.

On a side note that ugly looking cat actually looked cute when he was little.
Aug 30, 2020 12:15 AM

Apr 2015
Longer hair suits her better.
Aug 30, 2020 12:27 AM
Dec 2018
That misunderstanding at the beginning lol, so far this's my favorite episode i laughed a lot, at the second half i really felt their connection.. hopefully it'll develop even more
#kyoanistrong
Aug 30, 2020 5:58 AM
Oct 2019
Really strong episode, huge fan of this one, really emotional and features some of the funniest moments, perfect balance of lewdness/comedy, and relationship development. Also had some of the show's best animation and imaginary, big props.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

148 by Jomiman12 »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

105 by Igor5959 »»
Apr 10, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

105 by LumeeeChan »»
Jan 18, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

pocky-boy - Sep 25, 2020

154 by AlgaSH »»
Jan 14, 8:13 PM

» Why do people find Uzaki attractive? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

haydenluvsanime - Mar 9, 2020

220 by EnelFan7 »»
Jan 12, 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.