Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a tense episode especially for Rin. She has such a complicated personality that even Yuki had to come talk to her personally. However, I think the biggest highlight of the episode is the kiss between her and Haru. What a kiss!

Glad to see Haru showing his feelings. Toru's grandfather health isn't doing so well but at least he seems ok for now.
Jul 6, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
New OP sounds nice and ED clip w. characters in traditional outfit.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 6, 2020 11:04 AM
Aug 2019
This episode was great.
The visuals for the new op and ed are beautiful.
Yuki, don't worry you'll get pass-through your trauma.
That Haru x Rin kiss though.
Aww, Tohru she was panicking, also Kyo instead of going home went to see Tohru.

Jul 6, 2020 11:06 AM

Apr 2019
What a great episode. We uncover more and more every week. Also the new OP and ED are amazing!

Jul 6, 2020 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
Getting a double dose of sadness with this episode following both Tohru and Yuki as they remember bits from their pasts. Yuki thinking back to Rin and what she's with Haru. Pushing him away to protect him from something, which I'm sure y'all can easily figure out what that is. How she broke up with Haru like we saw at the beginning of this season trying to get him away. Loved the focus on Haru and Rin this episode. They do make a great couple supporting each other. Like Haru said Tim can't lift herself up by her own power while Rin herself protects Haru all she can. The flashbacks to when Haru would visit Yuki and Rin would stand lookout, warmed my heart. Rin always putting others before herself. Haru embracing and kissing Rin was magical. Rin mentioning how Haru begged Shigure to save Yuki is a big revelation. Haru has put a lot on the line for Yuki ever since Yuki gave him those words of encouragement when they were kids.

Tohru going to see her grandpa was sad too. Him having that dream about Katsuya and Kyoko brought some tears. Tohru remembering her mom thinking the same thing of wanting to see Katsuya again. Tohru bears a lot of pain inside her, when it comes out I always get sad. Kyo being their like an angel descending. We saw two beautiful couples this episode have sweet moments. Shigure ending it off right saying their job as young people is to struggle and try to move forward. enjoyed the new opening and ending as well
Jul 6, 2020 11:15 AM

Dec 2019
Another great episode, fruit basket has been on a roll with good episodes lately.
It's nice to uncover more about Haru and Rin, and Toru remembering her past was emotional.

The visuals for the new OP and ED were beautiful, I swear this episode had cleaner art in it.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jul 6, 2020 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
New OP & ED. Loved the visuals for the ED, everyone looks great. Another great episode.

I feel for Tohru, poor girl.

What a kiss. Haru definitely showed his feelings. He is a great guy, helping out young Yuki.

Jul 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2008
wow... I mean, I watched the original anime back like in 2005, and I knew the manga was praised a lot, but since the anime was good but not great, didn't feel the need to read the manga... how I regret that every time a new episode is out I keep wondering why I didn't do it back then... and now here I am, waiting eagerly each week, completely clueless.

still wonder what Shigure's relationship with rin is, how the fuck can Haru be that mature for a 15 yo, can only barely comprehend what's going on on Yuki and Kyo's minds, is this really a shoujo? damn, seinen feels short of a word for this anime.

-edit- oh yeah, frankly for me the opening each feels worst than the previous one, not to say they are bad, but I loved the first a lot, and each subsequent one hasn't been that good for me, endings all have the same overall vibe to me, the first ed for the 2nd season being my favorite.
Zero_r2Jul 6, 2020 11:23 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 6, 2020 11:41 AM

Sep 2008
Chapters 69 and 70 were adapted for this episode. Not much got changed for this episode beyond some small scene changes and removed dialogue. Here were changes I noticed in this episode:

-Throughout both chapters, Tohru was shown to still have her cheek bandaged up from the scratch she received from Akito at the Sohma summer house. She does not have this on in the anime.
-When Shigure ended the call with Tohru’s relative in the manga, he hit the hook on the phone in the manga instead of hanging it up.
-Kyo was wearing an additional long-sleeved shirt in the manga when he arrives home. Plus, additional dialogue was added for the anime regarding Shigure coming to Tohru’s conference.
-Some of Yuki’s dialogue regarding having to clear up some of his inner issues got removed for the anime.
-When Haru was recalling his visit with Isuzu in the manga, she was still shown laying down in her hospital bed and bandaged up.
-When Yuki addressed Machi in the manga upon noticing her presence, he had addressed her by her surname in the manga instead of her first name.
-During Yuki’s conversation with the Sohma maids, there’s a removed part of the scene in the manga where he asks where Akito is and is told that he is away. As Yuki leaves the residence, he notices the room that he was kept in by Akito while still living at the Sohma estate.
-The scene where Yuki recalled Kyo choosing to skip dinner one night at Shigure’s house was added for the anime.
-While witnessing Haru and Isuzu’s kiss in the manga, Yuki never dropped his school bag.
Jul 6, 2020 12:07 PM

Feb 2018
There has to be more to Rin's story. At this point, it seems like she should've already come to her senses and realized what a catch Haru is by now. Something more is holding her back.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Apr 2017
This episode really tugged at my heartstrings. I really felt for all the characters, especially Yuki. He's going through so much and it's been beautifully animated.
Jul 6, 2020 12:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And the mystery ever-so thickens...

Shigure-san's motive are still bleak but, at least, he's churning up something, that's for sure. Finally, the truth behind accepting Yuki is out. I'd a feeling it was for more sinister ideas but hopefully that won't ultimately circle around and turn out to be the case. I wonder if something's going to happen in the parent-teacher conference...

A good dose of Haru this episode, meanwhile. A genuinely good character by heart, clearly. Showing some aggression there to go for the smooch was simply brilliant from his part, lol. Well done, lad!

Tohru's grandfather reminiscing the past and Tohru holding back for as long as possible was touching to see. Kyo to the rescue this time, it seems. I wonder if he's all good now. Short scene of Kagura was a really nice addition, too.

I think we're slowly getting to the truth behind Isuzu-san's actions. I've got a guess of my own (based heavily on the Promotional Video of this 2nd half) so I'm curious to see how close/far-off I'm.

New Op/ED are really nice, too. Op visuals in particular was stunning and the character designs in the ED fantastic too. Song-wise, I think I prefer the previous ones in all honesty but here's to hoping they'll grow on me with time.

axel360 said:
There has to be more to Rin's story. At this point, it seems like she should've already come to her senses and realized what a catch Haru is by now. Something more is holding her back.

Isuzu-san's scar on her back possibly from Akito (as suggested by the PV) is definitely the root, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 6, 2020 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
Haru and Rin are so awkward they fit well together.
Jul 6, 2020 12:53 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Disliking Yuki more and more with each passing episode, fucking annoying brat. An okay episode.

4/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 6, 2020 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
Incredible visuals for the new OP/ED! I like it!

That kiss though, holy shit Haru went all out that Rin could do nothing but give in to it! He has made his feelings clear to Rin! Slowly we uncover more stuff from the past of some of the Soma's!

That bit of Tohru's grandfather who said the same thing Tohru's mum did, that must have freaked her out a lot, poor soul :( Kyo was there at the right moment to make her cheer up a bit again!
Jul 6, 2020 1:16 PM
Jul 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
And the mystery ever-so thickens...

Shigure-san's motive are still bleak but, at least, he's churning up something, that's for sure. Finally, the truth behind accepting Yuki is out. I'd a feeling it was for more sinister ideas but hopefully that won't ultimately circle around and turn out to be the case. I wonder if something's going to happen in the parent-teacher conference...

A good dose of Haru this episode, meanwhile. A genuinely good character by heart, clearly. Showing some aggression there to go for the smooch was simply brilliant from his part, lol. Well done, lad!

Tohru's grandfather reminiscing the past and Tohru holding back for as long as possible was touching to see. Kyo to the rescue this time, it seems. I wonder if he's all good now. Short scene of Kagura was a really nice addition, too.

I think we're slowly getting to the truth behind Isuzu-san's actions. I've got a guess of my own (based heavily on the Promotional Video of this 2nd half) so I'm curious to see how close/far-off I'm.

New Op/ED are really nice, too. Op visuals in particular was stunning and the character designs in the ED fantastic too. Song-wise, I think I prefer the previous ones in all honesty but here's to hoping they'll grow on me with time.

axel360 said:

Isuzu-san's scar on her back possibly from Akito (as suggested by the PV) is definitely the root, I reckon.

That scar is included in the ED, so probably will be a big deal.
Jul 6, 2020 1:16 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
wasn't really a fan of the song for the new op but maybe it'll grow on me, the ed was pretty great though.
the part with tohru was intense, nice that kyo was there to pick her up but she needs a bigger break.
Jul 6, 2020 1:20 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
ninadyeole said:

Oh, good find. After all the references to it, it would be highly surprising if it weren't. That's what I've come to in conclusion now.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 6, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2020
cchigu said:
Disliking Yuki more and more with each passing episode, fucking annoying brat. An okay episode.

4/5

Ep13 really made Yuki more aware of how naive he acts. And he still kinda needs to realize it. But even then i feel he's okay guy. He's supported Tohru many times. With him realising that everyone has problems, i can see him acknowledging Kyo as an equal in the near future.
Jul 6, 2020 1:23 PM
Jul 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
ninadyeole said:

Oh, good find. After all the references to it, it would be highly surprising if it weren't. That's what I've come to in conclusion now.

Yea it probably is. Can't wait for Ep15
Jul 6, 2020 1:25 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ninadyeole said:
cchigu said:

4/5

Ep13 really made Yuki more aware of how naive he acts. And he still kinda needs to realize it. But even then i feel he's okay guy. He's supported Tohru many times. With him realising that everyone has problems, i can see him acknowledging Kyo as an equal in the near future.
What I don't like about the guy is how he is so full of himself. Literally everybody in Furuba is suffering and then there is this guy. He should get off his high fucking horse already.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 6, 2020 1:51 PM

Feb 2020
a lot happened this episode woaa

i hated seeing kyo feel so down - it's so unlike him. but i'm glad he was there at the end and found thru they were so cute :>

i feel so bad for kagura i used to really dislike her but now i also feel bad for her like kyo. she loved him very much and just wanted to care for him. i'm glad she let him go.

when haru came all of the sudden with yuki and rin i got so surprised. and he kissed her i was screaming lmao. damn, all the sohmas are suffering i feel bad for everyone. also, haru being funny while still keeping a straight face and after something serious happened is so cute lol

ooo the animation for the new op is nice and the art is pretty in the ed. idk all the ops + eds in s2 didn't hit as hard as in s1
Jul 6, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2014
This was another strong episode as we start the second half of season 2.

Of course, that means we would see the new OP/ED song and animations and both of them are really good. Nice visuals for both and both songs have that soft, cosy and calm feel to it. =)

As for the episode itself, it was filled with some strong moments. The confrontation between Yuki and Rin was tense, but Haru came along to ease things off before Rin lost her cool. Not only did he disprove Rin of calling Yuki an asshole, but he completely left her stumped after he fooled her into thinking he would go off and "die", then he went in and gave her a kiss, which she tried, and failed, to break free from.

Although it didn't fully calm Rin down as she did slap him before she ran off, again, but Haru's words or encouragement were able to help Yuki open up his emotions more, as was shown when he laughed, then cried so easily.

Although Kyo was being pretty distant from everyone after hearing Kagura's honest confession a few episodes back, he still played his part to help Tohru after she had a moment where her thoughts in her mind went haywire after thinking about the moments she had with her mother.

Shigure's words of wisdom to Haru does ring true when the two of them had their conversation at the end of the episode, about keep on trying and struggling towards their goal in mind. Not every goal that we want to achieve can be easy to earn and obtain, after all.
Meta_YoshiOct 11, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 6, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
Alright so we know that Rin is doing something to Help Haru out. Definitely has something to at least do with that Scar and some relation with Akito. I just freaking know it.

Holy Crap that kiss was perfectly animated! Just Rin's reaction to pushing Haru away to embracing it was so perfect!

Oh praise the Lord I thought Grandpa was going to die thinking about Tohru's parents. However I was super nervous when Tohru was walking home and about to pass out. I was like "Please Kyo...PLEASE!" And sure enough my boy came up clutch!

Another fantastic episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 6, 2020 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
From what I can gather about Rin's character, she usually seems to be calm, stoic and collected. This, however, doesn't mean she isn't susceptible to losing her composure when it comes to Haru, which signifies her care for him, and people meddling into her business. Anyway, she has good intentions in her own secluded way. What I am truly curious about is what brought this decision to break up with Haru? Of course, at this point, it is highly likely that Akito has something to do with it, alongside her stay at the hospital, possibly having to do with the scar on her back.

The new OP and ED definitely slaps. I prefer them to the previous ones.
Jul 6, 2020 2:14 PM

Jun 2007
i like the new op/ed

grandpa's reminiscing was terribly selfish. reminisce all you want just not in front of an orphan for gods sake. so shes supposed to comfort him? ok cool gramps way to go

animation wasn't the best especially yuki was weird af. but i'm glad my mans kyo was animated fine :p
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 6, 2020 2:16 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
cchigu said:
What I don't like about the guy is how he is so full of himself. Literally everybody in Furuba is suffering and then there is this guy. He should get off his high fucking horse already.

I personally really love Yuki as a character. Yes, everyone is suffering in Furuba, but I personally feel that Yuki pulled the short end of the stick even as far as suffering goes. Being locked in a dark room and constantly told you are worthless by your god would be a terrible experience. He does tend to get caught up in introspection, but that's understandable considering that introspection was all he had for however long he was locked in that room. He's suffered that much, but he still tries to help others, else he wouldn't have talked to Rin this episode. He is still is trying to improve, hence his being a part of the student council. He knows he has problems and he's trying to deal with them, which I think is an attitude worthy of respect. It's always hard to climb out of the darkness, and even harder when the darkness has taken root inside you.

It seems the new OP was well loved, but I didn't care for it, music or visuals. I thought there was some pretty jarring CG, but maybe that's just me. The ED music might grow on me, but the visuals have no need to; they're already gorgeous.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Mar 2017
This anime is breaking my heart. It's hard to watch Tohru slowly breaking down too but I'm happy that she has Kyo to hold up when she needs it. She deserves all the love and kindness in the world.

Haru & Rin's relationship is so sad too; she's clearly pushing him away to protect him but it's also clear they love each other so much.

I thought it would be a good idea to read the manga to prepare myself for new eps each week, but it's worse sooo much worse. I'm around 2 to 3 eps ahead and it's made the anxiety more intense!
Jul 6, 2020 2:37 PM
Mar 2015
The Somas struggle over their personal problems
Jul 6, 2020 2:38 PM
Jun 2015
Love the visuals from both op and end songs, but again I feel the ending song is way better than the opening song for this cour too.

My heart when Kyo came in front of Tohru ... ooooooo

And that kiss between Haru and Rin >_< wahh
Jul 6, 2020 2:44 PM

Jun 2014
And we finally got chapters 69-70. <3 Rin is my fav girl, can't wait until you guys find out more about her. Anyway, awesome episode, with very little changes from the manga (why did they change Kagura's and Rin's outfits? :-/). Also, the Haru-Rin kiss was more passionate in the manga. He grabbed her butt, not her waist when he kissed her. :Đ

Tooru remembering some painful memories from her childhood but Kyou was there to help her. And I love how Haru is always cool even when he jokes (to Yuki: "Maybe we're long lost sisters in our past lives" and to Shigure: "Will you tell me if I call you Honey?").

Next episode is probably chapters 71-72.. Anyway, new opening and ending, hooray! \o/ I don't like OP's song, but visuals are great. ED's song is ok, visuals are awesome, love the idea of their outfits.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jul 6, 2020 3:03 PM

Apr 2019
Ooo new Op and ED, they sounds pretty alright.
Quite the tense episode, hopefully we'll get some more information on how Kyo knew Toru's mom sometime soon. Cause I just gotsta know lol.
Jul 6, 2020 3:11 PM

Jun 2007
SailorVeki said:
Also, the Haru-Rin kiss was more passionate in the manga. He grabbed her butt, not her waist when he kissed her. :Đ

jesus christ. in front of yuki? ehhh......... idk man. also never thought butt-grabbing was a shoujo thing, but well i'm no expert
anyways fruits basket never ceases to amaze me in all sorts of ways lol
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 6, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2017
New OP sounds pretty nice, not as amazing as the first one though. New ED I really like lol

But is Makoto Furakawa blessed with some kind of curse that just makes him voice absolute chad characters lol? First Miyuki in Kaguya-sama and now Haru in FB. Lol how he just comes in, reaffirm Rin's worry towards him and then just swoops her off her feet

Also some more details on Honda's past it seems. Looks like the mother wasn't always the happy go lucky she's portrayed as (maybe depression when the dad died?). Really waiting for when that story comes
Jul 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2019
Great episode, great start into the second half with the new OP and ED as well.
This time the focusing was on Haru and Rin which was perfectly described. They make a good pair totally
Jul 6, 2020 3:50 PM

Jul 2017
New OP/ED, and only quite OK, not as lavish as the others.

Seems like everyone has baggages that they're not willing to divulge, even more so for interpersonal relationships. The aftermath of Kyo with Kagura, Tohru's own misforgivings, and more explicitly, the jarring relationship between Haru and Rin.

Haru is a man of few words, but his relationship with Rin was a journey of few highs and many lows. Dat kiss though...really catching up to each other, but also pushing each other away to field insecurities and remain safe within one's borders. It's clear that they loved each other, but the Soma curse just about shredded all hope between each other. In the end, it's all about finding strength in someone else to keep moving forward.

The scene with Tohru and her grandfather, heart-reliving the same, yet heart-wrenching as well, losing her mum is already harsh, and losing yet another relative is sure to be a very hard blow. And yet, Kyo in his mindfulness, picked her up like as he's recognized her presence in his life, that was sweet.

Shigure though, he is the Jester around this topsy-turvy family, treading along everyone's path. Who knows this man's steps is beyond me.

The Soma curse lingers on...
Jul 6, 2020 4:11 PM
May 2020
Im getting the feeling that rin is the only one I've seen that isnt brain washed by akito. She looks like an enjoyable characters to see.

Apart from that the episode was solid as usual , a little tense towards the end with tohru. From the trailer of the 2nd cour looks like shit is about to go down. We'll have to prepare our tissues just in case
Jul 6, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
great episode but tbh the highlight for me was hearing MONKEY MAJIK in an anime for the first time in nearly a decade
Jul 6, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2014
Sorvarin said:
SailorVeki said:
Also, the Haru-Rin kiss was more passionate in the manga. He grabbed her butt, not her waist when he kissed her. :Đ

jesus christ. in front of yuki? ehhh......... idk man. also never thought butt-grabbing was a shoujo thing, but well i'm no expert
anyways fruits basket never ceases to amaze me in all sorts of ways lol

Yeah, Haru doesn't act like he's 15-16, LOL. And Rin is 18-19. Anyway, their love is
if you know what I mean. XD I wonder if they will show it in anime, I think they won't since they removed the butt-grabbing from this episode. It happens in Rin's backstory which should happen in ep 18.
When Rin came to Shigure like she was seducing him in ep 6, with her boobs almost falling out of her t-shirt, people were like: "Wait, is this really shoujo?".
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jul 6, 2020 6:18 PM

Oct 2019
So first things first new op/ed really great 👍👍 The ed especially was sooooo good... up there with lucky ending for me!!

Kyo was being kinda distant with tohru after the kagura date but after thinking about Tohru visiting her grandfather he turned back for her to make sure she was okay which is just super cute and sweet...That scene with them was just what I needed!
Also I think I really resonated with yuki here more than when reading this part in the manga. Like It's ok to put yourself first once in a while!!! I think that was a nice step in him realizing his worth and it's just beautiful.
Rin was beautiful once again and I think her motivations are becoming clearer and clearer as we see more of her despite her words and actions.... Can't wait for more

I would say though the MVP this episode was haru. I just love how kind and helpful he is to others like with Yuki this ep and him still calling shigure sensei is just so sweet and testiment to his character. I love his friendship with yuki.

Side note : THAT KISS I was looking forward to that and I have to say NOT DISAPPOINTED
Apant_124Mar 30, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 6, 2020 6:37 PM

Mar 2019
UUUUh that foreshadowing of
Not lying, just waiting for that. Total OTP.
Jul 6, 2020 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
I like Haru's no-nonsense approach with that kiss. Yuki seems to agree when he dropped the bag.
Jul 6, 2020 7:43 PM

Dec 2016
Can't believe Haru would trick Rin by saying he'll just die XD That dirty bastard. Her emotions showed the complete opposite of what she just told ;) very nice kiss too <3 She really need Haru! I also hated seeing Yuki cry ;_;

Not very found of the new opening song to be honest :/ The ED's very nice. Great episode as always! :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 6, 2020 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
So... Parents-Teacher conference next week? I mean, it would be a perfect occasion to give more focus on the saddest aspects of Tohru's childhood regarding the death of her father. I sadly got spoiled about it so the flashbacks shown here didn't particularly surprise me but seriously, I can't wait to see Kyouko's worst moments being animated.

This said, I'm glad to see the good quality episodes are back. No offense but I'm not that interested in the student council, as group of characters so far. My opinion of them may change in the future tho... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time when it comes to Furuba's characters after all.

Anyways, this time instead of focusing on a single plot-line, the episode addressed a few more of them but all in all, I think the studio did a very good job at properly developing every one of them within the time frame.
Regarding Yuki, the poor guy has been receiving emotional blows from different people these last few weeks but I'm glad to see he's taking the best from every experience in order to become a better person. Hopefully, he will stop being that arrogant and start making some bridges between him and Kyou.

And as for Haru, what can I say? he's such a nice and mature character despite only being 16. Difficult pasts sure make one seeing things with another perspective and he's the perfect example every time he shows this selfless and more passionate side of his.
And that kiss scene tho. Totally loved it and Rin's changing reaction was perfectly portrayed as well. They absolutely give that "horny couple" kind of aura, honestly xD

P.S.: By the way, both new OP and ED are great visually speaking.
Jul 6, 2020 11:16 PM

Feb 2019
Another amazing episode. Truly this series keeps on giving.

This week's big revelation is how it was Haru who convinced Shigure to take Yuki in. Rin seemed selfish, but after watching this episode she might be more selfless than most of the zodiacs to the ones she cares about. What a kiss though! Beautiful.

More exposition on Tohru, especially on her family. It seems the relationship between her aunt and her has become at least amiable. Such a nice grandfather. It seems he really loved Tohru's parents. That brought tears to my eyes. It was also great to see at least a little bit about Tohru's dad, which we've heard very little about and possibly Tohru herself doesn't remember much of.

We had never seen that side of Tohru's mom before, grieving for the death of her husband. We've always seen the strong, happy side that Tohru always remembers. It seems Tohru herself is hiding a lot of grief and pain inside her. We already knew this, but at least we got to see more of it. I think it's about both her parents' deaths. I still want to know why Tohru always goes on about her mother, but not her father. It might be because she doesn't remember much of him, but from the beach vacation arc it seems like there's something else.

And Shigure. I know he's doing a lot of scheming, but this episode made me feel like whatever the scheming he does have everyone's best interests in mind, like Tohru's. But I can't be sure. Especially that final conversation (a very nice conversation by the way) with Haru at the end there.

New OP and ED are nice. The ED visuals were amazing though!
Jul 7, 2020 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
As always, another great episode.

Haru is truly a good friend/bro. He would visit Yuki when he was alone and even begged Shigure to save him.

I feel bad for Tohru. She's been through a lot, yet she puts a smile on her face and tries to forget the pain. She needs to open the lid.

I like the new opening and ending better than the last one. The visuals are really good.

gaussian_ said:
cchigu said:

I personally really love Yuki as a character. Yes, everyone is suffering in Furuba, but I personally feel that Yuki pulled the short end of the stick even as far as suffering goes. Being locked in a dark room and constantly told you are worthless by your god would be a terrible experience. He does tend to get caught up in introspection, but that's understandable considering that introspection was all he had for however long he was locked in that room. He's suffered that much, but he still tries to help others, else he wouldn't have talked to Rin this episode. He is still is trying to improve, hence his being a part of the student council. He knows he has problems and he's trying to deal with them, which I think is an attitude worthy of respect. It's always hard to climb out of the darkness, and even harder when the darkness has taken root inside you.

It seems the new OP was well loved, but I didn't care for it, music or visuals. I thought there was some pretty jarring CG, but maybe that's just me. The ED music might grow on me, but the visuals have no need to; they're already gorgeous.

If I can upvote a post, I would upvote this one. A lot of people underestimate the things that Yuki has gone through.
removed-userJul 7, 2020 12:41 AM
Jul 7, 2020 12:28 AM
Dec 2019
New OP and ED!
Not a fan of the new OP, but i've only heard it once, so it could grow on me. But it kinda like the ED, again only heard it once, so i could grow to not like it. Only time will tell.

But overall this was an interesting episode, got a bit of backstory between Rin and Haru. Rin is an interesting character, hopefully we learn more about her.
Jul 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
I think I like this OP more than the last one but honestly, the best one was the very first OP in the 1st season by Beverly. I absolutely love the visuals in the ED and the song is catchy too.

One of my favorite episodes so far. I love that kiss between Haru and Rin, just like everyone else. Yuki staring at them dumbfounded while they kissed. Yuki realizing it's okay to prioritize himself. I think his growth this season is my favorite, even more than Kyo's or Tohru's.

Also that part with Tohru's grandpa, it hurt my heart. I know that feeling of wanting to see your deceased loved ones but not being able to. Also, Kyo showing up at the right time when Tohru was mentally breaking down. That was perfect. 10/10 episode.
臭い-
Jul 7, 2020 5:08 AM

Jul 2014
Shigure being with Tohru for the parent-teacher conference is bound to end poorly, given Shigure's recent antics. A solid episode either way, though the drama is surely going to continue next week.

Love the new ED as well.
Jul 7, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2017
It was so-so. Nothing much interesting going on. I wish we weren't deprived of seeing Tohru's father's face when he was mentioned though.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.