Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another cute episode of club activites and rifles.

This time around, it's interesting to note that the club members also play other sports like baseball. I wonder what else their club has their interest in.
Oct 20, 2019 8:28 AM

Dec 2017
alright, so we're in for nationals qualifiers. glad to see that some competition will be going on, maybe it'll make things interesting. so far it's pretty boring
half of the episode wasn't even about shooting :/
Oct 20, 2019 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
They are already aiming for nationals.

The match against other schools should be interesting.

Oct 20, 2019 9:03 AM

Mar 2019
This episode was a bit boring
The characters are cute but I feel some rivalry between them for no reason
That competition against another school looks cool tho
Oct 20, 2019 9:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I had a weird feeling during this episode, I don't really know how to describe it but I feel like this episode was boring and entertaining at the same time.
I don't like the main girl for the moment, she needs more self confidence imo.
Oct 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
No more annoying interruptions this episode. They probably figured out after completing the first episode how awful it was.

But... The pacing seems really off. Characterization took a big hit because of this.

The studio messed up and I don't think this anime can be saved.

Oct 20, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2018
They tried to mix the element of shooting stuff with school slice of life. But somehow that made it too far from what this must all about. So, now this anime is more about school life than an anime about shooting club.
Oct 20, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
This ep was way more digestible than the first. I feel like a big reason to continue watching will be seeing all of the girls they're going to be competing against. They look pretty interesting in the OP and ED at least.
Oct 20, 2019 11:59 AM
Nov 2018
The "Let them eat cake" lie rearing its ugly head again. Marie-Antoinette never said that, it's ridiculous. It was a smear posted by the hateful Marat in his revolutionary rag. In between his calls for mass murder.

Let me expand on this - there are so many falsehoods about the "French revolution," i.e. political merchant clubs taking power and killing anyone who resisted, including their own members, until finally everyone was pro-monarchy again, allowing Napoleon to take over.

What we never hear about, are the lies thrown at Marie-Antoinette and the king at the "trial", to have an excuse to kill them. Conspiring with foreign governments to invade France, which was false. They also said Marie-Antoinette had taught her children to masturbate. Yes, this was one of the allegations at the trial.

We never hear of how two thirds of those executed were peasants, not nobility. Or how when revolutionaries marched to Versailles, the king told the guards to open the gates for them. The crowd then slaughtered the guards and put their heads on pikes. This after the king had told the military to stand down after the political clubs fomented riots in Paris. And after the Bastille commander, an old man commanding a few almost retired, wounded soldiers, had agreed to surrender - then was murdered by the crowd, his head put on a pike. The Bastille was actually a low building, not something big and imposing, and it had no political prisoners, only a counterfeiter, a man who had molested his daughter, and some thieves. Yet this is presented as a victory and "The start of the revolution!", even though no one heard about it in the days after.

We also don't hear about the real reason for the tricolor flag, which was actually pro-monarchy - Paris' red and blue combined with Versailles' white, a flag invented when the king moved to Paris. Instead people think it stands for "freedom, equality, brotherhood".

But this "Let them eat cake!" nonsense takes the cake.
Oct 20, 2019 12:14 PM
Nov 2018
Funny parts: "It's like when I should be studying but start cleaning my room instead." The marshmallow eating. Erika speaking English - it sounds so much like someone who has never studied English, pronouncing sounds without knowing what they mean.

The woman who played Mariko in the mini series Shogun in the 1980s didn't speak a word English. Yet she pronounced her lines throughout eighteen episodes very well.

"This pickup artist I know" - She says "Charisma" in Japanese. I wonder how that became a word for pickup artist.

But Jean-Paul Marat's "let them eat cake" satire presented as the truth irritates me. It is always used to show that hey, these people deserved to die. If people knew what the political clubs said instead - like all Germans in Elsass and Lothringen should be exterminated by having their children taken from them because they didn't speak the Language of the Revolution, all Frenchmen should have to wear revolutionary uniforms, all churchtowers should be cut off since they were undemocratically tall - maybe they'd get a different view of things.
Oct 20, 2019 2:56 PM

Oct 2008
Fine episode...i guess Japan would explore all kinds of clubs in school and make them into worthwhile animu...lolz
4/5.

Oct 20, 2019 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
Eh, still not anything all that. I actually enjoyed the first episode more.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 20, 2019 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
Hikari's ribbon is part of her body, it changes depending on her mood.
Oct 20, 2019 3:09 PM

Dec 2018
A lot of shooting some baseball and other activity's

But anime please dont preach about the French fucking Revolution.They already force feed us that shit in school, enough is enough

I love that Izumi cooks for her girlfriend that is super cute .But overall it was a bit boring,,,Next episodes needs a lot more Yuri!!! And I want my lesbians to play around more!!For a suggestion they should do some lesbian kissing!! That is fun =)

You still have 8/10

Oct 20, 2019 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
The arms dealer in me continues to weep.
Oct 20, 2019 6:58 PM

Nov 2011
I stopped watching 10 minutes into this episode.

Harsh opinion in coming.

This anime sucks. For someone who likes CGDCT this is a disgrace.

1. BORING AF.
2. Characters are so freaking bland.
3. THE VOICE ACTORS (mainly Hikari's) Are GARBAGE.

If you like this anime that's awesome but this is a fast drop for me.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 20, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2015
I Wished they aimed for the Olympics, maybe this will pick up if they did. Nationals won't save this show, I'm telling you.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2019 10:11 PM
Mar 2017
Being able to see this anime has relaxed me a lot, things in my country are being a horror and to be able to observe the fun and adorable activities of the shooting club has filled me with their doses of sweetness.

As always, Hikari's relaxed and clumsy personality is a pleasure to see, I laughed a lot when she used the sound of an explosion at the time Yukio shot her rifle.
I love seeing Erika blushing, she looks like a cute tomato.

I felt very identified with the girls in that room where not a single stream of air runs, I hate the heat and I felt their regret and discomfort.
Izumi is so funny when she wandered between not looking like a sportswoman and she was not losing weight in the suit and the unbearable heat.
Poor Hikari who missed her last shot, she really had everything calculated and a sneeze ruined everything and poor Yukio suffers from allergies and also had a low score, the damn allergies (Yukio blushed with eyes full of tears make you want to give her a consolation headpat).
Damn that bathroom scene showed that Hikari really knows how to hide her female figure.
Personally I felt out of place about the game of sofball, it was funny to see that Hikari and Izumi hate to do physical education, but I don't feel that it contributed anything and I found the pronunciation strange when Erika spoke in English, Erika sounded like she had food in her mouth
I love that the ribbon that Hikari uses reacts according to her emotions.
I laughed so hard when Erika was talking to Yukio who seemed to be thinking about something and in the end she was just listening to music.
So now the girls will have a practice competition with another shooting club and as Erika mentioned, they will be difficult opponents to defeat.
The episode had its ups and downs, it wasn't really that bad, but there were parts that were forced a lot, but at least my weekly dose of sweetness was restored and so I can resist another day of "state of exception"
Oct 20, 2019 10:50 PM

Oct 2017
Lot's of club activities in this episode and some good comedy scenes too. The first match against another school is near.
Oct 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Feb 2014
This is the second sports club anime i have ever watched as of now, so I only got comparisons to Keijo!! obviously. So far im liking this and all the characters are just too damn cute!
Oct 21, 2019 12:35 AM

Aug 2018
I really want to like this anime a tiny bit more, but I feel the people behind this project is not suited at all for this kind of setting of anime. I really hope the production improves, because right now I'm not really that satisfied. I mean; if Studio Doga Kobo would be behind this anime; they would probably nail it once again.

That being said:

Yukio still is best girl in my opinion. She remains my favorite for sure of this group.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 21, 2019 2:09 AM

Apr 2015
I disagree that rifles are beautiful here. it's the girls that are beautiful.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Not as decent as the first episode, being honest. The second half was indeed quite boring, the fast pacing was a bit more notorious this time and some interactions between the girls felt forced as well. Hope things can be different next episode with the upcoming meeting between schools.
Oct 21, 2019 6:39 PM

Oct 2016
I like how everyone was wowed by the English. The teacher even says "That's how it's done".
That is not how it's done, haha.
I hope the competition gets interesting, because I kind of feel stupid watching this, haha.

Oct 22, 2019 4:42 AM

Jul 2017
Is this show aware of it being stupid, or is it really made that way...? I really wonder.

NGL practice scenes were nothing more than just cute girls shooting beam rifles. But if anything, it was a pre-empt of HARD endurance for them to take their time and shoot (plus us the audience for watching like MAJORITY of their time training for NOTHING to happen). Definitely felt more of the SoL.

The worse part is, any comedy it tried to incorporate, it didn't resonate well whatsoever, even at disjointed times. Pacing was super notorious, even for a 4-koma manga, felt like I was reading the manga slower than the insane fast pace of the show.

The most damning was characterization, like the production staff never tried to capture on their traits (at least personality is captured).

Wow the Jap-Engrish done by Erika, it sounded as half-assed as a half-foreigner. That...wasn't funny, even though it was meant to.

And going for gold, the next step to having their club officially known, even as a friendly match with other schools. That's going a bit too far if you've asked me.

And all these criticisms...are addressing the original 4-koma manga source, which didn't already do a proper job about characterization, which is extremely important. Leave that out, and this hampers enjoyment in the majority.
Oct 22, 2019 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:

And all these criticisms...are addressing the original 4-koma manga source, which didn't already do a proper job about characterization, which is extremely important. Leave that out, and this hampers enjoyment in the majority.

Yeah, about that. How about no? It's really the studio's fault for not standing out enough. An example: the K-On! 4-koma manga isn't that great iether and yet KyoAni did their magic and created from something 'eh'-ish to something almost a masterpiece. I own both the manga's and the DVD's from K-On! so yeah...

It really up to the animation studio to sparkle something up and so far they kinda failed. It's not because I give critism to this anime that I want to bash it. I really want to like it a bit more than I do now, to be honest. If Doga Kobo or so did this adaptation they probably would nail it as I said before because they know how to do cute anime girl settings. If you look at Studio's 3Hz previous works, you'll notice you don't see much cute animu girls, am I right? I think it's also important to note Studio 3Hz is just not expierenced enough with the cute anime girls doing cute things setting.

666th post on MAl. Huzzah! \o/
*evil laughter*
Timz0rOct 22, 2019 11:25 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 22, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2015
Oh man....Am I the only one not enjoying this at all? I came in to this series expecting it to be "cute girls with guns" which it is......BUT they're not even actual guns. They're laser beam rifles and it isn't as exciting to watch :/. I thought it was going to be similar to Sabage-bu.

The characters are also boring af.

I'll give this one more episode but I'm mostly likely going to drop this by the next episode.
jc9622Oct 22, 2019 4:32 PM

Oct 22, 2019 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
Timz0r said:
KANLen09 said:

Yeah, about that. How about no? It's really the studio's fault for not standing out enough. An example: the K-On! 4-koma manga isn't that great iether and yet KyoAni did their magic and created from something 'eh'-ish to something almost a masterpiece. I own both the manga's and the DVD's from K-On! so yeah...

It really up to the animation studio to sparkle something up and so far they kinda failed. It's not because I give critism to this anime that I want to bash it. I really want to like it a bit more than I do now, to be honest. If Doga Kobo or so did this adaptation they probably would nail it as I said before because they know how to do cute anime girl settings. If you look at Studio's 3Hz previous works, you'll notice you don't see much cute animu girls, am I right? I think it's also important to note Studio 3Hz is just not expierenced enough with the cute anime girls doing cute things setting.

666th post on MAl. Huzzah! \o/
*evil laughter*

Hur hur. Hello there.

About this, you're quarter-missing the point. Any studio trying out something new, I'd say this is flak for the majority, and I'd agree that if it was not the norm, they would never know the formula hands-down until the end. That's answering 50% of my criticism why I wrote this in the first place.

The other 50% is where like your K-On! views make sense, understanding the source material. Excluding K-On! (which KyoAni refined it beautifully) and Doga Kobo's offerings, I've seen other studios did it before (even before them), did their research and like said studios, did their best too and did good. That accounts for 25%.

Where I'm the most concerned is the last 25% is the source material, and this is where it all falls apart. Try reading the manga that is translated so far, and tell me if I missed anything as it totally has no resemblance of life whatsoever and it felt boring in the first place to even glance through it such that I dropped it at the latest chapter (pls PM me for this, would like to know your thoughts).
Oct 22, 2019 8:40 PM
Jan 2019
I am one of those people who did like physical education because it seemed more fun than being in the classroom 😁. I noticed that there are 3 club members who are in the top 10 first grade, except Hikari, hahaha. Anyway, I'm not sure, but I hope the next episode is exciting.
Oct 23, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
surprised the rating is so low
this is actually one of the ones i look forward to every week lmao
lol
Oct 24, 2019 12:23 AM

Dec 2015
Welp, I"m officially bored. This anime might be a SoL, but it's painfully uninteresting. SoL is supposed to be relaxing and chill but also engaging. Even anime like Yuru Camp where literally nothing eventful happened was fun and enjoyable because it successfully sucked you in and let you enjoy what the girls were enjoying; this anime is just boring and you just watch perfectly still 3D models move a finger and get fussy over a misaligned laser that you can't see. I normally try to give anime (that aren't absolutely horrific) at least a few episodes before dropping, but I got bored of this episode after 4 or 5 minutes and decided it was enough. Pity, I could use a good SoL anime right now. I guess I'll just have to settle on the garbage isekai anime this season...at least they are engaging even if they are generic and lame.
Oct 24, 2019 12:25 AM

Dec 2015
jc9622 said:
Oh man....Am I the only one not enjoying this at all? I came in to this series expecting it to be "cute girls with guns" which it is......BUT they're not even actual guns. They're laser beam rifles and it isn't as exciting to watch :/. I thought it was going to be similar to Sabage-bu.

The characters are also boring af.

I'll give this one more episode but I'm mostly likely going to drop this by the next episode.

Nah, I think most of us find this anime at most average and at worst painfully uninteresting. I wanted to do what you are doing and give this another episode, but I decided to drop it now. I couldn't even finish the second episode I was so bored.
Oct 24, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed this episode more than the first one.

Hikari so kawaii... too bad she missed the last shot. She could have caught up if she scored a 10 with that.

Hmm, so their best shooter has allergies?

looking forward to next week. :)
Oct 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Mar 2009
Kind of bland, but that's par for the course for CGDCT anime. Hikari's seiyuu has a cute voice.
Oct 26, 2019 7:01 AM

Jan 2018
The series is pretty cute to me so far!

I relate to the mc as well. (Her interest in shooting is a lot like me when I hyperfixate on something I love X3)

Erika is such a tsundere for Hikari though! XD I'm interested in seeing more of their interactions play out! :)
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Nov 13, 2019 3:39 AM

Oct 2010
Not surprised Hikari got none of the questions right xD
Mar 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Feb 2020
Another nice episode. Now it's time to put their skills to the real test!

SerafosDec 1, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 11, 2023 3:31 AM

Jan 2021
Man... Hikari flinching so bad...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 18, 2020

41 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 3, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

20 by Fail_Man_X »»
May 2, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2019

27 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Rifle Is Beautiful Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

23 by Gvendoline »»
Jun 16, 2021 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.