Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2018 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asirpa's survivalist skills definitely proves to be useful even in the series' finale.

Quite an emotional episode tbh. I know this series balances a lot between comedic and serious moments but they managed to capture the thrill of this episode perfectly imo. Pretty good episode overall. Really liked Asirpa and Sugimoto's character chemistry even in the end.

Sugimoto and his group are back on their feet although I guess this episode also suggests for more adventures. Manga is still ongoing too. 8/10.
Dec 24, 2018 9:47 AM

Dec 2017
wow, this season was one hell of a ride. at the first half of the episode shit went down big time, the second half gave more answers and conclusion to that this journey will go on

though, i didn't really like the conclusion they did. it felt really unimpactful. i think it would've been better if they just ended it with the events of the first half of the episode with shit going down

wilk shot, sugimoto shot, both shot by ogata, inkarmat stabbed with the dagger of kiroranke. now that would've been one roller coaster of a finale
if it's gonna be a cliffhanger anyways then why making it this weak
uninstallthegameDec 24, 2018 9:55 AM
Dec 24, 2018 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
RIP Noppera-bou

Vader_Dec 24, 2018 10:43 AM
Dec 24, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing. The ending is basically a huge "go read the manga now"
Dec 24, 2018 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
Oh God, this episode. It was bound to happen, but seeing the gang split up in such a manner made me feel kinda sad.

Emotional stuff for sure, but also really tense and we can't forget about the funny parts either xD

Amazing season overall and even more enjoyable than the first one, I also think that they choose a good spot to finish this season.

Legit hyped now to see how things will continue, so I hope that we won't have to wait too long for the next season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2018 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
What a great finale. This episode was a hectic, crazy roller coaster but that's what made it so enjoyable. I think we all knew Sugimoto was gonna be fine (he's Immortal Sugimoto after all lol), and now he's determined to reunite with Asirpa.

I hope this gets a 3rd season someday, I really want to continue on this journey with these characters. I also love how such a serious show finds room to include comedy that doesn't feel out of place, and I'd like to see more of that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2016
No pinches mames!! This is a great finale for the second season of Golden Kamuy, almost believed that Sugimoto didn't made it, interesting to see the characters switching sides according to the situation. Poor Asirpa, she really hadn't easy, hope to see those two reunited again.

Hatsuyuki said:
Amazing. The ending is basically a huge "go read the manga now"

I hope no, we need a third season.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 24, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2013
8/10
We need season three.
Definitely Anime of the season contender.
Dec 24, 2018 11:11 AM
Jul 2017
I’m gonna miss this show. Still waiting on those OVAs to come out and get subbed so there’s that to look forward to. I hope there’s a third season eventually, and this isn’t a “read the manga” ending. I find it very interesting how the cast of characters always seem to be switching sides. This series seems to juggle the cast. I never know who could end up in an alliance since people keep changing sides, and I find that really neat. Some characters could be enemies, then allies, then enemies again. It’s great.
Dec 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Apr 2016
Despite the huge death flag, Inkarmat is not dead (yet). Yes !

She was supposed to die before Nopperabo but the now we are sure the prophecy was wrong about who would die first.
I hope she'll recover.

I didn't expect Sugimoto to be shot in the head, and not by Ogata in the first place. An episode full of surprises, epicness and also a great joke with the brain eating psycho. This second seasons was for me a lot more entertaining than the first. Great job.
Dec 24, 2018 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
What an amazing ending, the craziness of the events that happened in such a short time with deaths and changes of sides, wow!

Well, I enjoyed this season more than the first one and overall about the series, I think the characters are the best it has, so full of charisma and uniqueness that it's even hard to hate the "bad guys."

So, yeah, season 3 please!
Dec 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
i need season 3 right now PLS
Dec 24, 2018 11:31 AM
Oct 2016
sensational anime hand that anime deserved to be much more famous Has every extremely famous anime shit.

is animes like Golden kamuy are practically forgotten by the great mass that see anime It's a shame "😕
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2018 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
SEASON 3 PLEASE! Anyone know what chapter the anime(s2) leaves off on? I loved this anime so much

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 24, 2018 11:45 AM
Aug 2014
Hyuse said:
SEASON 3 PLEASE! Anyone know what chapter the anime(s2) leaves off on? I loved this anime so much

At chapter 140 (last chapter of volume 14)
Dec 24, 2018 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
Good god, this season was amazing.
Dec 24, 2018 11:50 AM

Feb 2017
Damn Ogata and Kiroranke! Can't wait for Sugimoto to get you!
Another alliance shuffle, now Tsurumi and Sugimoto are working together. Can't wait to see how'll that play out.

Thank god Inkarmat is still alive. She has to survive!

Amazing finale! Even the bear returned! Loved this show so much, gotta read the manga from the beginning now.

Dec 24, 2018 11:54 AM

May 2018
Oh fuck a cliffhanger, no gold, just another form of betrayal, from 2 parties , it now has become a 3 party grab for the gold, one side Lt Tsurumi and his 7th Army, next old school samurai Hijikata fellow old timers, 3rd were Ogata, Kiroranke and Shirashi, also we don't have any fucking idea as who betrayed who, cu'z we have Irkamt's version that puts Kroranke as the dog of the 7th and we have Kiroranke saying that it was Irkamat who serves as the 7th's bitch.
Dec 24, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2018
Yup never trusted Ogata , Really good last episode pretty emotional , had some laughs .
A lot better than s1 imo , all we can do now is pray for a 3rd season
Dec 24, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
SEASON 3 PLEASE!!! Yo I swore Sugimoto was dead T_T

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 24, 2018 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
Shit went down this episode. Sugimoto & Nopperabo shot, with the latter sadly didn't make it. I had a feeling Nopperabo would get shot at some point, but I didn't expect Sugimoto to be shot too, by one of their own guys... Ogata did feel fishy from the beginning though.

This season was by far better than the first season. Now we need a third, cause that cliffhanger... 8/10
Dec 24, 2018 1:07 PM

Jun 2009
sniper ogata strikes

and that ending mean that their will be a 3rd season right omg i cant wait for that i was hopping soo much to see ..
Dec 24, 2018 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
is nopperabo really dead? amazing ending btw
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 24, 2018 1:49 PM

Jul 2010

this was exactly me watching this episode!!

season 3, please!!!( TДT)

Humans don't have wings so they look for ways to FLY

May 2014
I WAS LITERALLY SHOUTING DURING THE WHOLE THING AAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK U OGATA
FUCK U KIRORANKE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The amount of death in this episode and crazy shit was amazing that I really wish we had gotten a better paced season, but this show is crazy deserving and my AOTY of 2018.. Never gotten so attached and affected by a show in a long while.
100/10 for both seasons from me just for introducing me to GOLDEN Kamuy.

Aug 2017
Good ending. Nopperabo is dead and Sugimoto joined Lt Tsurumi and his 7th Army.

I want season 3. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2018 1:55 PM
Apr 2018
Now that's how you end a season! Two thumbs up for Geno Studio. Hope that they will still animate the 3rd season. As a manga reader, I'm satisfied with this adaptation(ofc, manga is still the best). Compared to other adaptation out there who were treated like a trash by the studio*cough* TG *cough*, Golden Kamuy was fairly treated by Geno.

So for those who dropped Golden Kamuy because of the CGI bear, you just missed something hinna, hinna in your life.
Dec 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
The last two episodes have been fantastic and a great way of ending the series. Despite the crappy art at times, the characters really shine through.

I had never heard of the Ainu before this series but Thier way of life is fascinating. Aspira and Sugimoto have been great, hopefully we get a season 3 at some point as the story is quite unique and different from anything else out there at the moment.
Dec 24, 2018 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
dm106 said:
Hyuse said:

At chapter 140 (last chapter of volume 14)

thank you good sir!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 24, 2018 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
I hope they do a season 3 for the anime. The manga seems to be about to hit another climactic moment in the series, so I think they'll have enough content soon, but I wouldn't expect a 3rd season for probably a year at least if they decide to make one at all.

Good last episode to wrap up season 2! I highly recommend the manga to the anime-only people if you want to continue with this series, since a season 3 may or may not happen.
Dec 24, 2018 3:11 PM

Jan 2017
Never in my whole life I screamed something at the screen while watching anime, but as soon as I saw Ogata was the one who shot Nopperabo I couldn't help but scream "F**k you, Ogata!"

Also, younger Asirpa is even more adorable.

If season 3 isn't announced soon, I'm going to read the manga. I won't be able to wait too long to see what happens next.

After this episode, I'd say Golden Kamuy is my second favourite anime of the year, after Steins;Gate 0, and definitely best of this season.
*laughs in Dimple*
Dec 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
OGATAAAAAAAAAAA. How the hell this person betrayed 6 different parties already and people still team up with him. And we still don't know motives of Inkarmat and her dynamics with Kiroranke, why did she stab herself.

Poor Sugimoto. I hope he doesn't turn to be a faceless monster by the end of the series.
Dec 24, 2018 3:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is how you do an adaptation even when your budget is clearly low. Stick to the story and the spirit of the source material, with solid voice acting and good direction and good things happen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2016
No one makes Asirpa cry and lives for it. Ogata I love to hate you but don't crush me this hard ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 24, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Overall very happy with this season, despite the skipped arcs and the art not being the best at times. Can't wait for s3, Sugimoto's new crew is comedy gold.
Dec 24, 2018 4:02 PM
Jun 2017
I HOPE THIS WILL HAVE A 3RD SEASON...

I LOVE THE FINALE EPISODE, as ogata pull of their own intention thus shot Aca and Sugimoto and now they have asirpa. Its now sugimoto's turn to take back her from those people. Hahaha
Dec 24, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
So Kiroranke and Ogata were working together all along! That Ogata was really cold in shooting both Nopperabo and Sugimoto, as a person who has been with Sugimoto and the gang for the longest time should've shown a bit of reaction. I hope Sugimoto really kills him and not do one of those "let's forgive those who don't know what they were doing shit". I'm surprised Inkarmat still lives, that is one tenacious woman who has a very strong will.

Overall this season had lot of humor and fan service. It also gave side characters more screen time and development than the previous season. It gave them more relevance to the story impact. Season 3 will prove to be one helluva series, with Hijikata's side, Sugimoto/Tsurumi side and Asirpa/Ogata/Kiroranke side contesting for the Ainu Gold.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 24, 2018 5:15 PM
Jul 2017
Vader_ said:

was russia acutally in manga or you are just speculating?
Dec 24, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
ZdejmijNoge said:
Vader_ said:

was russia acutally in manga or you are just speculating?

It's in the manga, a lot actually after where this anime finale left off.
raynaninjaDec 24, 2018 5:37 PM
Dec 24, 2018 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
Oonokami said:
OGATAAAAAAAAAAA. How the hell this person betrayed 6 different parties already and people still team up with him. And we still don't know motives of Inkarmat and her dynamics with Kiroranke, why did she stab herself.

Poor Sugimoto. I hope he doesn't turn to be a faceless monster by the end of the series.

It's explained better in the manga, but Inkarmat getting stabbed was an accident. However, she refused to let go of Kiroranke's knife so that whoever found her, after Kiroranke had ran off, would be able to identify that it was Kiroranke who stabbed her and that he is basically the bad guy who took Asirpa.
Dec 24, 2018 6:09 PM

May 2015
I'm so glad I started this show despite not really being interested in the historical genre. It's such an amazing show and never fails to disappoint.

9/10 for me, a lot more enjoyable than the first season (but I still scored that an 8/10). Please let there be a 3rd season. I'm not really interested in reading the manga but ending it like that is way too incomplete for me to feel in any way satisfied.

♡ artist
サコ
Dec 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
this season was amazing just like these finale episodes

at any moment any of these characters could have gone rogue but fucking Ogata

relationship with Ogata has now ended Lt. Tsurumi is best new brain friend

time to catch up on missing chapters in hopes of Season 3
Dec 24, 2018 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
That episode was amazing, I wish we would get a season 3 but judging by the way they did the ending we probably won't. :L
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 24, 2018 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
another great episode with a lot of twists, overall a pretty great season finale!
while it was a somewhat flawed anime adaptation, I still really, really enjoyed it
now off to catch up with the manga!
Dec 24, 2018 8:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale episode!

It was tense, brilliant and very emotional, truly a great way to end proceedings for the 2nd Season and set the platform for a very possible 3rd Season which I hope is in the marking, as we speak. Manga is still ongoing though from this point onward, so I’ll definitely check that out at the very least.

As for the episode, twists here and there, typical Golden Kamuy by now, and this made for a very entertaining watch. It was a given that there’d be betrayal for sure considering the different party’s personal agendas and it was about time we saw Ogata and Kiroranke initiate their personal plan. Ogata betraying the group was to be expected considering how he acts around the group but I certainly didn’t expect Kiroranke to join hands with him. I, for sure, thought that Kiroranke would steal Asirpa for himself and possibly head for the Russians maybe, basing this on some revelations earlier this season. Got to say though, these two form a really lethal team and I’m looking forward to seeing how Sugimoto fights back with a foot behind in the confrontation. Speaking of Sugimoto, he really showed off his immortality here by surviving that perilous situation. Too bad he failed to make Asirpa and her father meet though, but it really made that final scene all the more cool! Tanigaki Nispa was a really courageous warrior this episode while trying to drag Sugimoto to safety even under the influence of a top notch sniper but he really did well to get him safety nevertheless on the second attempt. I’m sure he’s well pissed off too particularly at Kiroranke for stabbing Inkarmat so I’m looking forward to seeing their next meeting! One thing that bothered me a bit though was how friendly Lt Tsurumi and Sugimoto appeared to be, it’s shocking considering they’ve been very hostile towards each other before this episode. Am I possibly missing some detail or is this just another temporary alliance to fight back against a greater threat? Looks like Hijikata’s group is on the move too.

All in all, it’s been a really good 2nd season but..
Compared to the first season, this second season felt a little dull and off at times especially with the over-the-top and sometimes redundant whacky moments of the show which really put me off at times. Don’t get me wrong though, I know this show is popular and well renowned mostly because of that very factor but for some reason I feel like the show took it too far this season and most of the new characters introduced have been very cringeworthy to say the least. Lots of development throughout the course of the season felt a bit off too very unlike the 1st Season and that keep bugging me along the course of the season. It’s been a really good and enjoyable season nevertheless and here’s to hoping there’ll be a 3rd Season in the near future!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2018 9:13 PM

Feb 2014
Thrill and funny till the end. Need a season 3 for sure.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 24, 2018 9:56 PM

Sep 2013
9/10, season 3 please.
Ogata playing the chaos agent.
Dec 24, 2018 11:59 PM

Mar 2011
And with this episode, best anime of this season and.
Dec 25, 2018 12:13 AM

Dec 2014
damn that was so epic...and everything took another course in the end.... hmmm best episode and anime of the season
Dec 25, 2018 1:55 AM

May 2013
9/10, very good anime. I didn't even expect to see such ending to be honest.
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2018

58 by Karva1 »»
Mar 18, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

76 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

64 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2018

72 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2018

64 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.