Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2018 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems this episode has Meliodas go through the trials. What I find more interesting is his past which really tests his limits.

I'm impressed by how they were able to adapt this part since character expression and his reaction is fairly important to capture the difficulty of the trial. Also thought it was neat to see Meliodas' relationship with Liz, one of the most important person in his life.

We'll probably get the Commandments in action soon but this episode was really important. Oh and I can't wait to see more of Ban on his adventures.
Mar 9, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
Princess's test is to revive the plant with dying seed.

Rewinding between the life of the lady's alive to death? Trying not to use the power by anger. (so that bird is by KajiKaji? From AnimeJapan 2018 stage)

Everyone else needs to train to be stronger. That ex-boss of previous season was training?

Too many painful moments that he was returned, but princess encouraged him so he continued. As he repeats the moment, he love more and anger more at the lady's death but still overcame it.

Suzuki-san's character and the lady travel and reached to the place he grew up. Fox person (Suwabe-san) was suspicious of making dead to alive but just a thief like Suzuki-san's character once was. The man who gave him the food in the jail sounds like Suwabe-san's voice, too.

Suzuki-san's character's past story and meeting the 3 gangs next.
tsubasaloverMar 26, 2018 2:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 2018 10:35 PM

Feb 2018
So, A-1 Pictures do reshuffle on story of this anime? I don't think they will skip 'that' chapter because it's important. I think this episode cover chapter 130 and 131 but after that we have ban's past which was in chapter 139. So do A1-Pictures reshuffle the story like Shokugeki no Souma?

And i don't remember Wandle when i read the manga. The bird that have same flower sign like Hawk.
Mar 10, 2018 12:29 AM
Oct 2015
Wait why does Elizabeth have a trial, it's not like she is going to obtain anything by doing it.
Now we're going to move on to Ban's past which seemed relatively tragic, so far.
Heckle was here...
Mar 10, 2018 2:32 AM

Jul 2014
That was painful, they did Mel and Liz flashback justice! loved the soundtrack that was playing too, was so damn sad.

TheHeckle said:
Wait why does Elizabeth have a trial, it's not like she is going to obtain anything by doing it.
Now we're going to move on to Ban's past which seemed relatively tragic, so far.

You'll find out later in the story.
Mar 10, 2018 8:07 AM
Jul 2016
so hyped for next episode. we can finally see meliodas’s “greeting” animated. and damn if you thought meliodas’s backstory was sad just wait for ban’s.
dantex11Mar 10, 2018 8:12 AM
Mar 10, 2018 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
I had to admit, this episode was as good as the manga chapters it adapted. The visuals, OST, pacing, voice acting, everything was perfect about it. It was very sad for Meliodas to revive again and again all the moments he spended with Liz before everything went to hell and he destroyed Danafor in rage, the ost for the scene was surprisingly good, and made everything better. Good thing he finally recovered from it thanks to Elizabeth. I also felt bad seeing his bird friend of the past dead and covered in blood.

The scene of Hendrickson, Gil, Howzer and Griamor destroyed after the training made me laugh more than in the manga, especially for their faces.

It seems they have introduced earlier the adventures of Ban and Jericho in Ravens (the scene with Galand and Melascula at the beginning also foreshadowed what is about to happen). While Ban's past and his relationship with Zhivago (nice Suwabe, btw) was one of the highlights of the saga for me, I hope the studio it's not going to skip the scene of
, since it's very important for the later part of the arc, but, considering its importance for the later development of the story, I'm possitive they just postponed it for later.

Also, Jericho is adorable.
Mar 10, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2017
I'm psyched for next episode, getting to see more of Ban's backstory.

Mar 10, 2018 10:04 AM

Jan 2016
It seems Meliodas passed the trial, it was really painful D:

And this got more interesting with Ban's backstory now :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 10, 2018 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
Meliodas passed the trial, it was painful to watch, poor guy.
Ban's childhood next, great!
Mar 10, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
Does anyone know the OST (The pretty piano music) that was playing in the background when Meliodas finally came to terms with her death and succeeded? It was so pretty, I really liked it.
Mar 10, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Meliodas' trial was painful to watch but I'm glad he was able to overcome it. Now we get to see Ban's past, which technically shouldn't come until a bit later, but it looks like they're rearranging the story a bit. As long as they go back and adapt what they skipped then I guess I don't mind.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 10, 2018 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was good with its' music. Not only that they are doing the same thing adapting different scenes from different chapters to make it flow. Now too bad. As long as they adapt the story right. I will not be complaining. XD
Mar 10, 2018 11:37 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Meliodas's trial was really hard to watch, must've been so painful to relive all those memories over and over again. The OST playing in the background during his final attempt was fantastic and when he cried at the end, I got pretty emotional too. :(

Ban's backstory is next, really looking forward to that.
Mar 10, 2018 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
Damn Jericho is sexy as fuck.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Mar 10, 2018 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
Superb episode from all aspects.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Mar 10, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2016
Seeing Ban as kid and him and Jericho again was a treat. Also, the fact that Meliodas was able to go through that trial over and over, seeing Liz dye, and decide to go back and give it a few more tries, until he finally overcomes it, shows how strong his will really is. Like most men, including myself, he didn't want it to be known that eh was crying, but he wan't afraid to let it out.

Mar 10, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2015
Man was it tough seeing Meliodas going through that girl's death over and over again, poor guy...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 10, 2018 1:06 PM
Nov 2017
Meliodas going through the trial... Seemed like he was having a really hard time with it. Also, kid Ban.. heheh. Pretty good story ep. Can't wait to see more Ban and Jericho story lines.
Mar 10, 2018 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
What kind of foreshadowing is this?? Birdie:"I have died 16 years ago", TO HAWK: "HOW OLD ARE YOU?"... I... I can't even...
This is going to be one impactful ride.
Re:formed
Mar 10, 2018 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
That was a brutal trial. I felt so bad for Meliodas.

Jericho was greatness in this episode.

More backstory for Ban!
Mar 10, 2018 3:26 PM

May 2015
Tai surprisingly defeated the trail really fast (in running episode time, 2 in total)... but looking at the next episode preview the training isn’t over.

On a side note:
The Inn scene between Jericho x Ban was golden!
Mar 10, 2018 4:50 PM

Jan 2017
When that beloved anime of yours does air the sequel season for a good few years, it's inevitable that you clicked loved it for every single episode... Which I did.

But genuinely, this episode was amazing the use of rinse and repeat for reliving memories is the best way to break in a character as well quickly evoke an sort of attachment to an uncommon character that frequently appears in those said memories; in this case it was Liz, and because we saw the struggles of meliodas we can't help but feel sorry for the tragedy.

And, to be honest, I would now like to see more of Liz 'cause she seemed like such a good character.

Moreover, it was nice to see how meliodas overcame that trial even with retaining those memories and emotions, so now I'm looking forward their training.

on a better not, Ban is definitely my favourite (of the deuteragonists) other than meliodas (since you can't really have anything against the protagonist -otherwise you're a crazy person*)
On the other hand, further elaboration on his backstory felt a bit generic... I doesn't add much to what he currently is, yet it doesn't reduce anything either.

LMFAO, it is undeniably so jokes the relationship of Ban and Jericho; I feel for her, I truly do...her unrequited love for Ban is the most tragic love story that I'm currently watch -but quite possibly extending to all forms of media that I have read/watched to date.

Favourite support ever goes to Jericho, she is so frickin' hot; hair up, hair down -it really doesn't matter anymore... Actually, hair down - seems more of a saucy femme fatale then. OMFG, what is wrong with my life, I'm explainin' how hot an anime character is 😭😭.

*= You can't really hate on a protagonist, I mean c'mon!
tidoesstuffMar 10, 2018 4:59 PM
Mar 10, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode!

They animated meliodas destroying Danafor really well.
Mar 10, 2018 10:37 PM

May 2017
With this thing with Jericho and Meliodas basically moving on and just gonna go with eLIZabeth, I doubt Ban will succeed with reviving Elaine (yes even with this verse and yeah I know the ten commandments were revived but they're demons I got a feeling fairies would be different, heck even King himself, a FAIRY KING, didn't bother nor thought about doing it, what Ban plans on doing is quite impossible even for this verse, again demons are probably different) but this is just me okay? I like Ban and Elaine's chemistry the most, Jericho had potential in her chemistry with Ban too tho. I think Ban will just gonna end up falling for Jericho too and like Meliodas, Ban will end up just settle with Jericho too in the end

Again, this is just me, it's still possible Ban will actually succeed, I just doubt it

PS wtf is up with anime girls with pony tails, pigtails, twintails etc when they suddenly surprise us with a hair down scene? Hair down Jericho is hot af and personality-wise Jericho is waifu material
LairucremMar 10, 2018 10:49 PM
Mar 11, 2018 1:39 AM

Dec 2014
the episodes just keep on getting better...I have to agree quite an interesting season
Mar 11, 2018 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
For me 2nd season is better than 1st one (more action, less comedy it's much better)
Mar 11, 2018 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
hiraishinx said:
For me 2nd season is better than 1st one (more action, less comedy it's much better)

For me the 2nd season is much worse than the 1st one (bad adaptation, poor art, insanely poor animation). This was possibly the first good episode of the season so far, despite again having stone bad animation
Mar 11, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was fucking on point,great job at adapting Meliodas trial.

Also nice to see more of Ban and Jericho,their interactions were funny as always,especially when they entered the inn.

Looking forward to Bans flashback, was one of my favorite parts in the manga.

5/5
FMmatronMar 11, 2018 1:19 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode this week, with Meliodas' trial being as agonising as expected, and with a shift of focus back to Ban again, including a return to his childhood that is surely going to be expanded upon next week.
Mar 11, 2018 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
dicecop said:
hiraishinx said:

For me the 2nd season is much worse than the 1st one (bad adaptation, poor art, insanely poor animation). This was possibly the first good episode of the season so far, despite again having stone bad animation

The adaptation was far worse for the first season with the terrible pacing.
Mar 11, 2018 1:30 PM
Feb 2016
Damn ban forget elaine when you have jericho hot af!.Let her rest already xD,besides pairing with elaine ain't very attractive to look at.
Mar 11, 2018 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Zhivago has finally been introduced. This is about to get real !!
Mar 11, 2018 4:57 PM

May 2015
Jericho is some kinky girl. :D Want som fuk? :D

And our heroes entered hyperbolic time chamber...ermmmm... druid sacred cave-thing!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Jul 2012
I loved this episode, the emotions where real in this one!
Even though I knew what was going to happen it really surprised me how much it did to me
it's so tragic for meliodas this ever had to happen to him. I wouldn't pass such a trial especially this one he had to relive it 100/1000's of times in that short time we only saw a few. It was like he relived years of time with her again. To see your love die before you each single time without having any power to prevent it in any way is just tragicly sad..
Mar 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, can't wait for Ban's flashback
Mar 11, 2018 9:44 PM
Jun 2017
Wandle vs Hawk!!! hahaha... CUTE!!!!

anyways meliodas sure have a hard trial by bringing back those painful memories. its a great way to test someones emotional capability and management.

and that Ban sure will do all things just to revive the one he loves the most. (sad to say for Jerico that Ban doesnt noticed her that much because he is focused on other things)

cant wait for next episode!!!
Mar 12, 2018 12:32 AM

Mar 2008
Suwabe Junichi the love of my life. Definitely looking forward to next week's episode.

It kind of feels like there are a million different things going on in the show at once now which is a little annoying but I can deal with it.
Mar 12, 2018 3:45 AM

Aug 2011
Astounding episode. Everything was simply amazing. The anime staff did an incredible job handling Melioda's past. Glad to see the anime finally coming into itself, both commercially and artistically.

Meliodas speech at the end was great but by far my favorite line was:
"Every time we meet and part again, my love for you just grows more"
What a beautiful yet painful line. The double meaning hidden behind those words makes it even more painful.

Wandle weirded me out at first in the manga as he seemed to be a hawk clone for fan service but after what we now know in the manga his character makes a lot more sense. I just wish we could get a spinoff for the time when Meliodas was in Danafor. I think his adventures with Liz and Wandle would be great fun to watch.

Ban and Jericho where great and now we finally got to Zhivago. Anyone notice Ban was wearing the same jacket Zhivago is when he went to the fairy forest? If next episode focuses on Ban's past it'll be just as good as this one if not better, I can't wait.

Not an actual spoiler, but
Mar 12, 2018 9:42 AM
Jan 2016
Such an emotional episode, we're getting to know Meliodas past. It's really sad of course to lose someone who really special for you, especially in front of your eyes. But yeah, it's all in the past, we can't change it. I think the biggest enemy is yourself, how you can beat yourself and control your mind to become stronger is the most difficult thing. I think we should never abandon those precious memory, but we need to get used to it, don't let the emotion takes control of our mind, and yeah that's a really difficult, but a really great trial.
Mar 12, 2018 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
Best episode of the second season by far.
Meliodas + Liz <3

The moments between Ban and Jericho were funny as well. Also looking forward to Ban's flashback.
Mar 12, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2015
Meliodas' trial was brutal and heartbreaking.... Can't forget the one you loved, but you can get out of your endless cycle of suffering ;__;....

Amazing episode.

Mar 13, 2018 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
Knowing the truth about Liz's identity really makes me realize how terrible this whole thing is, Meliodas is seriously overreacting.
BeruangMar 13, 2018 7:57 AM
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Mar 13, 2018 12:58 PM

May 2014
A lot emotional packed in this ep. Damn, the part with Lizz and Meliodas were quite sad, but it's nice that he have Elisabeth beside him to help him through his trial. I wonder is she will overcome her trial too and how it's. I hope we can see it too.

Nice to see Jericho with Ban. I totally ship them, though I ship him more with Elaine. That scene with them sleeping in the same bed were hilarious. I had actually my hope to see it, dammit!

Never heard of Beastmen. Maybe we can get to know more about them. Yay, Ban's childhood. He have already got a friend. I can already assume they will be great friends and he will in a strange way die to make the series more sad. ^^
Mar 13, 2018 11:43 PM

Feb 2008
This show is way too good. I've already said it enough times on other forums, but this is EXACTLY how a good shounen should work. I honestly enjoy hearing all characters, and I am very glad Hendriksen isn't dead.

Can't remember some things from season 1 so I will be rewatching some because I am out of episodes to watch until next episode. Very much enjoyed Liz and Ban/jericho interactions this episode. Can't wait for the next one.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 14, 2018 3:58 AM

Oct 2008
Another emotional episode on Meliodas' end!
I also teared-up a bit because of the emotional scene of repeating the pain that Meliodas encountered paired with the emotional OST!
it's extremely difficult to forget about Liz!
lolz King and the others are still hostile to Hendrickson cuz they still don't know what happened to him!
LOL funny part Gilthunder, Howzer & Griamore are all burnt-up! the hell happened to these three!?!? hahah
and we're back again with Ban for the 2nd part!
lolz at Jericho super blushed by Ban on the bed!
So we have here a new character might be a mentor of Ban!?
kid Ban is to cute!
5/5.

Mar 14, 2018 6:09 PM
Mar 2015
Great job of showing how Melodias has to face the death of the woman he loves and again and again. Then to have the ED which shows Elizabeth watching over him is so beautiful
Mar 17, 2018 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
Wandle is cute too but Hawk all the way! Ban's backstory as a kid is next and mkre training for the gang. What about Diane though? Really curious that giant who rescued her.
Mar 17, 2018 11:25 PM

Jan 2016
@vanilla_sparkle I’ll stop, but please just reply once. This really hurts. This is probably how you felt. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. All the times you said “Anyways hope to hear from you soon I miss you a lot :)” or “I miss you a lot hope we can talk more often ^~^” I felt happy to have a friend who missed me.
Mar 21, 2018 2:23 PM

May 2016
This was definitely the best episode of this season.
I really loved the part when Meliodas said its impossible
To forget your feelings, and damn Jericho is so cute with Ban
Next episode gonna rock with Ban's past probably it's a really bitter one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

74 by Rithic »»
Jul 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

24 by modboy »»
May 26, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.