Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 14, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Azami is putting his plans to work already.

More of a buildup episode but still quite thrilling. Erina is still worried despite not being in Azami's sights anymore. Souma's again takes a big risk for a Shokugeki.

That Eizan guy is rather egoistic. I don't like him at all. I hope Souma beats the hell out of him.
Stark700Nov 14, 2017 10:09 AM
Nov 14, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 2017
well, this is sounds like Capitalist(Senzaemon) vs Communist (Azami) and azami succesfully doctrinate the student then make them consider his speaking.
I cannot believe we can see Hayama in this episodes, such a shocking bomb for me.
don't forget that theres a cruel play from 9th seat that make us crying and piss off in the same time.

for anime-only watcher, you will see "the best f#ckin funny face of the year" at episode 8, just watch and hope you can laugh with satisfaction cause of THAT FACE :D

9/10
Nov 14, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.
Damn, Azami's turning Totsuki into a monarchy. :(

Loved the part where everyone was reminiscing about Polar Star, very emotional scene.
I loved how that motivated Soma, him challenging Eizan after that made me smile so much. This is why I love the guy, always rises to the challenge.

Rindou putting all the work on Tsukasa was hilarious. xD

Screw Eizan and his cheap tactics!
Go Soma! Make the food that judges simply cannot not taste! xD
Nov 14, 2017 10:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I've had it up to here with the piece of fucking shit stain known as Eizan....My god I despise this man with every fibre of my being especially since he represents everything that is fucking messed up about Erina's dad and his stupid new rules -_-

I dunno how Souma is gonna come out on top with this one but I sure as hell am gonna hope for the best and enjoy the fuck out of seeing Eizan get rekt
Nov 14, 2017 10:12 AM
Jan 2017
every episode adapted from full 4 chapters in manga

in this rate the anime (24 episode) will adapt until chapter 210 which is too many (only 230 chapters aired until now)

overall the anime changes a little bit from the manga but still very good adapting and great soundtracks
Nov 14, 2017 10:13 AM
Mar 2013
The quality of the animation and drawing is really horrible in this season.Pacing is also a little rushed. It pains to see this, knowing how good it was in the first season.
Nov 14, 2017 10:16 AM

Aug 2007
Things are getting really interesting. For first time I want to Yukihira wins. Seems to be dificult.
Nov 14, 2017 10:17 AM
Oct 2013
Eizan is an asshole seriously. Wondering how Souma will do in the next episode. Kinda pity Tsukasa with all those paperwork tho...especially alongside with Rindou's paperwork lul
Tbh the Polar Star Dorm flashback scene didn't give much impact for me...
Nov 14, 2017 10:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, this just went bleak as fuck for everyone.

Clubs getting shut down, Polar Star about to be taken away and Eizan bought the judges so the Shokugeki is pretty much decided already.

Polar Star members reminiscing about the past and crying got me a little emotional as well.

I wonder how Souma will win this, i don't see them getting out of Polar Star really. He'll have to pull something huge out of his arsenal.
Nov 14, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2016
That was quite a depressing episode :-:
Nov 14, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2015
Welcome to Hell Totsuki and Eizan more annoying with voice xD

Next ep LETS THE WAR BEGIN!

Oira_yukihira said:

for anime-only watcher, you will see "the best f#ckin funny face of the year" at episode 8, just watch and hope you can laugh with satisfaction cause of THAT FACE :D

9/10

Oh yes thats face are 100/10

I wonder if anime-only watcher here will aware "someone" will in really big trouble because of this system change on Totsuki.
Into the Internet!
Nov 14, 2017 10:29 AM
Jun 2015
I'm surprised from the rating, should've been 90% at least (5 of 5).

really an amazing episode .
Nov 14, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2016
So basically Azami wants to make a corrupt and fascist school? Doesn't he know that doesn't really work out ever...

Also where are these poor children going to live? Are there any more dorms? :( this episode made me feel so sad!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2016
yaay tootsuki become normal high school with normal standard curriculum
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 14, 2017 10:48 AM
Mar 2017
ZBlastHistory said:
Welcome to Hell Totsuki and Eizan more annoying with voice xD

Next ep LETS THE WAR BEGIN!

Oira_yukihira said:

9/10

Oh yes thats face are 100/10

I wonder if anime-only watcher here will aware "someone" will in really big trouble because of this system change on Totsuki.

well, that will be good if they're aware for that, maybe they will find the answer by reading a manga if they can't wait for the next episodes
Nov 14, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2008
Eizen face has always been priceless, he has many funny expressions. xD
BlackbirdNov 14, 2017 11:18 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 14, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
that ten seat bastard or was he nine..... He seriously know how to hate that guy.... I hope he gets defeated and gets what he deserve
Nov 14, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
Yay this part! The anime is keeping me sane for the manga chapters :3
Nov 14, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing how much he relies in contacts and bribes, I wonder if Eizan is the talented cook he is supposed to be or if he is actually a complete hack. Next episode will clear my doutbs, I guess.
Nov 14, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2014
The episode did a good job portraying what is to come. Not to mention how disgusting Eizan actions' is. Looking forward to next episode. X3
Nov 14, 2017 11:30 AM
Apr 2014
Good communist guy Azami abolishes creativity and getting ahead with your own merits and talent, just to impose his culinary ideology and puts everyone at the same level, turns Totsuki into an actual school.
Result: Produces a bunch of same level drones and over saturates the market with them.
Bad capitalist guy Senzaemon turns Totsuki into a reality TV show, and expells everyone over the slighest mistake and gets rid of all the kids who can't keep up.
Result: produces the finest of chefs, and gives his school such a high reputation enough to give anyone who graduates from it a big boost.
Drake1000Nov 14, 2017 11:35 AM
Nov 14, 2017 11:33 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Way too good, 1 more week waiting a new episode ...
Nov 14, 2017 11:38 AM
Nov 2016
I hate Eizan so much, I think I hate him more than Azami....

I'd love to see Souma put him on his ass.
Nov 14, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
I wanna see Eizan get beat hard. Not just through Shokugeki but someone actually go fuck him up!
Nov 14, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
TBH, this episode almost made me cry ;_;
I can't wait for Eizan to finally get what he deserves!!
Nov 14, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
Man I really felt bad for all the PSD students when it showed how sad they were after learning about what was going to happen to the dorm. Eizan is seriously a huge piece of shit, and I have no respect for him.

With Eizan buying the judges' decisions, it makes me wonder if he's actually skilled enough to deserve his Elite Ten seat, or if he bribed his way there as well. I'm also curious to see how Souma will handle this situation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
I find it odd that the red-head girl that voted for the revolution simply doesn't give a shit this all happened partly because of her. Either that, or this "revolution" was done on purpose to see who would rise to the challenge. 99% won't.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Feb 2017
Are you all ready? Because only a couple of episodes are missing until all this arc falls and with no way of going back, and therefore, the potential they showed at the beginning of the arc is completely lost.

I still have problems with pacing, do not feel fast but horribly rushed, so much that it doesn't give you time to enjoy the real content, I remember that even though half of the members of the Polar Star Dorm don't matter to me and are more a waste of ink, in the manga they made me feel bad for them and the fact that they wouldn't be together anymore. Here that moment happened so fast that... well, was ugly in every way.

Thanks to these episodes of the anime, I just remembered how horrible Eizan is as a character and the enormous potential that was lost with him, because, the idea of ​​a chef who works in shady businesses at that level, is something that it must happen in one or another way, and by far he is the only one who showed us that side, to only end up being such a idiot who makes ugly faces. What a huge waste.

On the other hand, a change in the ending made me laugh a little.

Oh well.
Nov 14, 2017 12:49 PM
Feb 2009
So,
- Create a revolution to "elevate" cooking,
- Don't care about cheating openly during a Shokugeki.

Make senses....
Nov 14, 2017 12:53 PM
Feb 2009
thebrentinator24 said:

With Eizan buying the judges' decisions, it makes me wonder if he's actually skilled enough to deserve his Elite Ten seat, or if he bribed his way there as well. I'm also curious to see how Souma will handle this situation.

He got into the Elite Ten when Shokugeki was "sacred". He must be pretty good :)

He used bribery as a way to say that "Shokugeki was over" and it was useless to challenge him because the judge will not even taste their food.

If he had won legitimately, other contestants would have still thought they could win. And he had received more than 100 requests !

Nov 14, 2017 12:54 PM

Feb 2017
Drake1000 said:
Good communist guy Azami abolishes creativity and getting ahead with your own merits and talent, just to impose his culinary ideology and puts everyone at the same level, turns Totsuki into an actual school.
Result: Produces a bunch of same level drones and over saturates the market with them.
Bad capitalist guy Senzaemon turns Totsuki into a reality TV show, and expells everyone over the slighest mistake and gets rid of all the kids who can't keep up.
Result: produces the finest of chefs, and gives his school such a high reputation enough to give anyone who graduates from it a big boost.

THIS. Thank you.

If I'm honest, I can't blame Totsuki's students for keeping their ideas and wanting to take hold in mediocrity, since, from being simple sacrifices so that only those with real talent can work well in the world, now they would be able to learn those techniques, and follow the ideal chef model established by Azami.

Under any point of view, they being amazed and to follow up Azami's rules makes a lot of sense, but what a surprise, the manga didn't explore those issues at all, which at first glance seemed interesting. This arc is more of the same, shokugekis that Souma will always win and who we thought were good characters and/or chefs taking turns to make Souma look great in the eyes of everyone, basically.

What a waste of potential.
Nov 14, 2017 1:14 PM
Mar 2015
OI!!!! they totally previewed Soma cooking for Erina for this episode... wtf. They just skip that segment or did he not cook her something? :(
Nov 14, 2017 1:16 PM

May 2015
Damn, these guys are really nasty. Hope Souma will teach these guys.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Nov 14, 2017 1:17 PM
Oct 2017
The elite 10 members got what they deserved for voting that bastard in. I don't feel bad for those 6 at all
Nov 14, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2013
Azami's curriculum is btter for the ones with less talent but bad for the creative ones.
Eizan buying out the judges but souma still going up.
Nov 14, 2017 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
Wow Eizan is a piece of shit! I wonder where Isshiki senpai is? Hmmm I hope he doesnt take a heel turn.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 14, 2017 1:34 PM

Jan 2016
I liked Eizan as a minivillain here, he's actually one of those characters that get badly punished in their own game xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 14, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, the stakes are really high now, what a thrilling episodë!

Well, not reading the manga I kinda realized the Erina will probably save them in the end, barging into the shokugeki room and tasting Souma's dish, saying it's good but we will have to wait for that. It would be even better if SHE declared shokugeki but there is still time for that.

Anyway, can't wait for the next week, let's hope for another great foodgasm.

Nov 14, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2011
We are getting closer to the big revelation and for now I'm gonna enjoy these Eizan's rapping face during his fight with Souma.
Nov 14, 2017 1:45 PM
Dec 2010
Am I wrong for wanting Souma to slaughter Azami, stuff him into a meat grinder, and then forcefeed his dead body to the Elite Ten members that went along with his fascist plan?
Nov 14, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
Sad episode as the clubs as well as the Polar Star Dorm are to be disbanded due to Azami's Central administration. This also shows how much a big jerk Eizan really is like having those bribed judges to vote for him without even tasting the food in order intimated anyone who challenges him or Central.

lol Rindou barging in the room and then choking Eizan as well giving all her paperwork to Tsukasa. Also, Dat hot endcard of her.

So looking forward to see Eizan get rekt.
SilentSnakeNov 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Credit to Hihanteki
Nov 14, 2017 1:57 PM
May 2016
Mich666 said:
Wow, the stakes are really high now, what a thrilling episodë!

Well, not reading the manga I kinda realized the Erina will probably save them in the end, barging into the shokugeki room and tasting Souma's dish, saying it's good but we will have to wait for that. It would be even better if SHE declared shokugeki but there is still time for that.

Anyway, can't wait for the next week, let's hope for another great foodgasm.

Lel, u have a creative imagination
Nov 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
Eizan has always been a vague character. His establishment as a character has been weak, we hadn't been given a clear idea about his personality or motives. All he's ever been is unlikable.

Well in this episode he's certainly upped those initial thoughts to being a full-blown scumbag with no redeeming qualities. Honestly, this is all way to dramatic for a cooking school. Make no mistake, I do care about what happens. But it's just so obvious that the dorm will stay and that Totsuki will survive this period of tyranny. Because the school at its current state ruins everything important to the show (especially the shokugeki). Our protagonist will pull through, I just really have no idea how. The odds are 100% stacked against him this time.
Nov 14, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
Eizen is such a cunt, I hope he's the one that gets expulsed.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 14, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

So we finally learn what kind of guy Eizan is. The fact that he bribed all the judges shows how powerful he is. I'm looking to the Shokugeki and how Souma will overcome this. I really can't see how he will win, unless he does something big or they change the judges. I might read the manga actually.

Nov 14, 2017 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
It would be pretty funny if Rindo paid the judges so that Eizan would lose or at least have a fair match with Souma. Although I think it's possible that Eizan will actually try to beat Souma honestly just to crush Souma emotionally. Not sure how it would work out besides these scenarios.
Nov 14, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2014
J.C Staff did a very good job on Eizan's facial close-ups, but I still want to punch the shithead hard in that face of his.

Now we see Azami's "revolutionary" plans in full motion. Out goes the creative freedom of the students own specialities as a chef and in comes Central, who tells the students to cook the way that only Central approves of, and that goes for ALL students in the Totsuki academy. That would certainly piss me off if I was a student at the Academy.

The clubs, research societies and even the Polaris Dorm are all under threat of being disbanded. Despite Eizan rigging the first Shokugeki to intimidate everyone, it failed to scare Yukihira, who has gone to challenge Eizan to a Shokugeki anyway.

As long as J.C Staff adapts the the upcoming Shokugeki well, then this'll be a great match in animated form. =)
Nov 14, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
I have a feeling this season is gonna be 25 episodes long with quite few being half a day EPs

Nakiri Azami reminds of tsukiyama and cloth obsession

Probably cz he always talks about gourmet

And the self righteousness of madara
tidoesstuffNov 14, 2017 2:38 PM
Nov 14, 2017 2:54 PM
Aug 2017
Well shit is getting real and looking forward to tex episode. interested on what soma is cooking
Nov 14, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
Waaahh, shit went down real fast, I've no idea how Yuikihira gonna get out of this mess
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

130 by duragon49 »»
Aug 8, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

153 by duragon49 »»
Aug 7, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

204 by duragon49 »»
Aug 7, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

149 by duragon49 »»
Aug 6, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

225 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.