Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, a relative that can't transform back. This episode was interesting as it gives off an adventurous-like feel. I have to say.. Yasaburou's grandmother has a lot of wisdom in her words.

Between the characters, I still really like the character chemistry between Yashirou and Yasaburou in this show. Nice to see Benten still being a badass this season and making a fool out of Tenmaya.
Stark700Apr 23, 2017 7:50 AM
Apr 23, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2015
And Benten is back, sweet! I can feel the tension between Benten and Nidaime already after that ending! This is gonna be good....

Also, the Shimogamo's grandmother looks so fluffy! The moment with her was really something else.

Fantastic episode overall.

Apr 23, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2015
The ending song seems to say it all. Whether Benten & Nidaime just faking it about never met before or really 1st time meeting, Benten will eventually end up fall for Nidaime. I guess Yasaburo ship has always been impossible to sail. But man- the ending song sure is savant, spoiling us like that.
valvravetruthApr 23, 2017 9:27 AM
Apr 23, 2017 8:22 AM

May 2012
Oh Benten-sama!
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!
Apr 23, 2017 8:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is the best episode so far.

The moon scenes in the beginning were great to look at. How both just took it.

The best scene in this episode was clearly the grandmother scene. Just her talking with Yasaburou and his mother got me emotional. Music and atmosphere was amazing in this one.

Nidaime stole the show from Benten to be honest. Beginning from the flat iron to him giving Yashirou a present to him DUMPING BENTEN FROM HIS CHAISE, SAY WHAT?! What a savage, i love this guy.
Apr 23, 2017 9:23 AM
Oct 2012
valvravetruth said:
The ending song seems to say it all. Whether Benten & Nidaime just faking it about never met before or really 1st time meeting, Benten will eventually end up fall for Nidaime. I guess Yasaburo ship has always been impossible to sail. But man- the ending song sure is savant, spoiling us so early.

Possible, but I hope not. Though she is s human who is a tengu, and he is a tengu who wants to be a human - so they have that going on. Still that would be a little too easy in my opinion.

Benten being a bit miffed that Yasuburo did not say it was good to see her was cute. They really do work well together, I am really really looking forward to what Yasuburo causing "a lot" of trouble would look like - remember only he and his father had the ability to trick a Tengu. That is going to have to happen.

So now we know that Tenmara had happen, he IS human, but the bad guy from last season caught him in an illusion where he THOUGHT he was in hell.

But now we know why Benten is so feared even among Tengu. She has the same reality altering illusions that Tenma has. That seems to come from humans and their In Yo ability. Since Benten is both human and tengu, she can do both. That was why she was in the Friday Club, to learn this magic.

Apr 23, 2017 9:37 AM
Oct 2012
AW yis Benten is back.

Benten = Breaking rules
Nidaime = Strict on rules

Explosive combo. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 23, 2017 9:43 AM
Jul 2014
dudeinthesake said:
AW yis Benten is back.

Benten = Breaking rules
Nidaime = Strict on rules

Explosive combo. Can't wait to see more.

Poor Tengu Sensei everybody forgot about the dude and his feelings for Benten.

So far we got 3 possible suitors for that ass, a Tanuki who will probably have to fight an uphill battle with his paws tied behind his back, an old ass alcoholic tengu who raised her, and ofc the son of said old tengu who looks like he just doesn't give a shit and hates his father more than anything.

Omoshiroi Omoshiroi :)
Apr 23, 2017 9:45 AM
Jun 2016
Is it me?? Or did the episode felt like 5 mins??
Apr 23, 2017 10:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Best girl has returned :'') Loved that scene with Yasaburou's grandmother btw

But LMFAO, I was DEAD when Nidaime just threw Benten on the floor like "bitch please" xDD
Apr 23, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
5/5
Nidaime is my Hero!
Apr 23, 2017 10:33 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Nidaime is a fucking savage.

Really glad to see Benten back, i missed her !

Pretty strange to see that this season has a lower score than the first season when usually its the contrary with the sequel effect.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 23, 2017 11:33 AM

Aug 2012

He got some fucking balls of steel to do that to Benten, holy shit.
Apr 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
BenTen has finally returned! She made easy work of Tenmaya and sent him off into the sky.

The whole conversion with Yasaburo's grandmother was certainly peaceful and relaxing. The most noticeable thing about the scene was how fluffy and well detailed his grandmother looked. If only I could touch her fur to see how soft and fluffy it is... ^_^

Nidaime is properly elegant, yet also super strict. His ironing skills are insane and ramatic, but when BenTen arrived and palced herself on his elegant chaise, he put the table cloth on the floor, then lifted the chaise, throwing BenTen onto the cloth on the floor, just so he could have a nap.

BenTen gave him an annoyed glare for that. Will she let it go, or will she get back at him for that? Who knows, but next week's episode looks to be entertaining with the shogi tournament, so I'm looking forward to it. =)
Apr 23, 2017 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
The Nidaime looks shady as hell but I'm glad someone finally put Benten in her place.

Yasaburou's grandmother is so cute and mysterious! I loved her. The scene would have been even more cute if Yas and his mother were in their tanuki form :3
Apr 23, 2017 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
Benten has always been a bit too full of herself (I still love her). It's good that she might learn some humility from this encounter. I hope they keep the bloodshed to a minimal level though. ^^
Apr 23, 2017 3:17 PM

Dec 2010
Benten makes everything better.

Benten and Nidaime... I ship it.
Apr 23, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was good has always, but that Nidaime Savage moment was 10/10 hahaha i laughed so hard, Nidaime The BADASS lol, Benten face was hilarious, thinks no one can face her but nidaime just did it loved it!
Apr 23, 2017 3:46 PM

Sep 2009
I ship MC with Kaisei so I don't care who Benten ends up with.

BTW. Is it just me or it was second time Yasaburo mother actually mentioned her name?
Apr 23, 2017 4:34 PM
Nov 2015
First time seeing Benten getting dropped[pun]
Nodiame is offically MVP, the lord

That scene with the grandmother was great too, putting Yasuburo in the hot seat, but he was like that s1. Making it out that it doesnt effect time when it does.

Keen for ep4
Apr 23, 2017 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
Let's start off with the lighter things.
Benten coming back was awesome.

Yasaburo's Grandmother is a sweet heart, that part got me a little teary eyed especially when she said her sight was gone.

Now onto the heat. Nidaime and Benten obviously have some kind of past, judging from the ending.
But my god he threw her off of that Sofa like yesterday's garbage. Ill I thought after that was the expression on Benten's face...oh my god she did NOT disappoint!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 23, 2017 4:40 PM
Oct 2014
I get the feeling that Benten and Nidaime have some kind of sibling rivalry thing going on (both view Akadama as a dysfunctional father figure). But goddamn. That was a declaration of war. Nidaime and Tenmaya are such amazing character additions. Now we get Benten back! (I'm on the Kaisei ship though, hope we get more of her and Yasaburo)
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Apr 23, 2017 5:17 PM

May 2010
Tenmaya looked really weird being skinny; even though he was outmatched by Benten, it was nice seeing him being tenacious about the gun. Him taking the moon was best part of the episode--second third only to, respectively, that amazing dialogue between mother and daughter and that of Nidaime's savagery.
Pencil_of_NoiseApr 23, 2017 6:18 PM
"You can't blame someone for being weak. But you can blame them for not trying to get stronger."
-Natayama, Miri
Apr 23, 2017 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
Benten sure returned quick. Think that's the most vulnerable we've seen of her. Ass much as I like Benten, seeing Nidaime dump her off the chair was quite satisfying considering she's been so mysterious and otherwise unparalleled.
QuattroVaginasApr 23, 2017 5:59 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 23, 2017 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
Rorek said:
5/5
Nidaime is my Hero!

http://i.imgur.com/OAiUmo7.jpg

Gif please!
Apr 23, 2017 7:28 PM

Jun 2013
Benten is back!!!
Apr 23, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
Oh, how I hate Tenmaya. Such a dirty bastard.

Well, I never really cared all that much for Benten but she sure is an interesting character. I find Nidaime more interesting, though.

As for shipping, I'm on the Yasaburo-Kaisei ship. I've never shipped Yasaburo and Benten together. I think Kaisei does care for Yasaburo and maybe she wanted the whole marriage thing to happen? Yasaburo is quite dense and he seems to be infatuated with Benten, so it's no surprise that he wouldn't think of Kaisei in that way for now.
Apr 23, 2017 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
I didnt think he was gonna toss her off the chaise lol.
Apr 23, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
That ending was hilariously great. Finally someone stood up to her.
The were a lot of weird things. Like the fluff-ball grandmother and the ability to steal someone's version of the moon.
Apr 24, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 2009
Anyone know what form grandma tanuki was in? Looked like a moth body without wings, to me.... Was she suppose yo look like a grey tanuki, or something? No matter how I look at her, she still looks like a fuzzy moth body, to me.....
Apr 24, 2017 3:09 AM

Jan 2016
That little punk just disrespected Benten-sama, wondering what happen next.
" If always say no, you will never say yes" Ryan Higa
Apr 24, 2017 3:12 AM

Sep 2014
I'm also on the yasaburou-kaisei ship since season 1. yay! Just as I thought, there's going to be something between Benten and Nidaime as the ED suggest.

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
Apr 24, 2017 4:03 AM

Jul 2011
zyktc_ said:
Just as I thought, there's going to be something between Benten and Nidaime as the ED suggest.

Agree. We can feel a certain tension between Nidaime and Benten in that scene when they both look at each other. And of course that scene where there is a man(I'm quite sure it is Nidaime) who is carriying Benten on his back while Yasaburou watches them from behind.

Anyway, I'm glad Benten is back. This show is great!
Apr 24, 2017 4:39 AM
Feb 2017
Am I the only one who ship Yasaburou and Benten? Haha guess it's just me. But overall this episode was so good I had to rewatch it immediately. Obviously my favorite part was the conversation between Benten and Yasaburou when she returns. Then to Nidaime's savagery XD this guy is my god XD (I still love Benten, but it's nice to see someone not giving the slightest **** about her for once XD )
Apr 24, 2017 5:36 AM

May 2012
At least he is still a gentleman when he put a cloth first in the floor before throwing Benten on the floor. Hhahahaha.
Apr 24, 2017 5:44 AM

Apr 2011
Holy damn, how is Benten this damn hot?
Apr 24, 2017 8:12 AM
Apr 2016
I'm curious to see Nidaime and Benten interact. It is interesting that Nidaime rejects his tengu heritage, but Benten is seen as a "wannabe tengu"
Apr 24, 2017 1:44 PM
May 2016
Rorek said:
5/5
Nidaime is my Hero!

Damn, that's not gonna end well...xD
Apr 24, 2017 3:34 PM

Mar 2013
The interactions between Benten and Nidaime are going to be amazing, good or bad ...maybe they'll end up together, hehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I don't mind that
Never liked Benten much, so Nidaime throwing her off the couch made me like him much more xD
KilikcliaApr 24, 2017 3:42 PM
Apr 24, 2017 7:39 PM

Oct 2010
Lmfao this guy just randomly appears and rekt Benten. Not to mention he did it logically, with elegance and class. Someone finally fucking put her in her place. It took 15 episodes but final-fucking-ly.

kyaa notice me nidaime-sama
Apr 24, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 2009
oh shit nidaime what are you doing
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 24, 2017 9:10 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaayyyyyy Benten came back, and shes kind of a troll, and shows off some of her power against Tenmaya who I didn't realise... was wearing a suit of some sort... But afterwards, I can very clearly see the line around his wrist... How strange, anyway Nidaime is something else entirely though and ain't takin crap from nobody. Lots of cute background Tanuki and they meet grandma, and oh my god she seems like such a sweet lady, and so old, and so CG. Also got some of the most intense shirt ironing of all time. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 25, 2017 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
Benten-sama it HOT!!!
4/5.

Apr 25, 2017 3:29 AM
Jan 2011
The balls of this guy.
Apr 25, 2017 5:46 AM

Mar 2009
wew lad Benten in those shorts. Quite the entrance.
Couldn't help but laugh at the ending scene. I doubt Benten has ever been treated like that before. I can only imagine what was going through her mind at that point.

What's up with the Tanuki grandmother? She looks like some otherworldly Tanuki. Almost looked like she was glowing. Cute scene, at any rate.

Certainly the best episode so far.
Apr 25, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
See Benten with his ass on the ground, it's not something everyday.

Another episode, which makes the mystery its winning card. It is not easy and never will be, to be able to decipher certain aspects, which make very contorted, the assimilation of this series. But his vision remains fascinating.
The final is so inviting, that I would like to see the next episode immediately.
Apr 25, 2017 7:55 AM
Jun 2015
So the mother waited years xd to ask the grandma to help her froggy kid ...... :O
Nice move from Nidaime. :D
MisanthropianApr 25, 2017 8:09 AM
Apr 25, 2017 9:31 PM

Mar 2014
Lol this Nidaime guy is so badass. He and Benten would make a great match imo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 28, 2017 2:15 PM

Jan 2012
OOH Nidaime! That was well done!
I don't really like Benten...
Apr 28, 2017 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
Hmmm... Yeah, it was Benten but somehow her charm is gone.. everything just happens to be so boring somehow.

The only interesting thing was the ending (which clearly defined the sides) but that's something to be resolved in the next episode because of the cliffhanger... Yep, this series overuses cliffhangers so much... and then almost nothing happens in the beginning of the next episode when a twist gets resolved.

So far it's still far too behind the quality of writing and the intrigues the first series had. Yes, this episode was a bit better but the overall feel I get from this season is that 'things just happens and characters plays their given roles' (for whatever reason). It's kinda difficult to describe it but it's not as good as before. Whereas in the first season everyone had their motives and they nicely balanced both human and tanuki/tengu worlds together. Not so here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

49 by Karva1 »»
May 12, 7:01 AM

» Why this show is still overrated?

Misanthropian - Apr 25, 2017

45 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

113 by Atavistic »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

51 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

46 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.