Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting...

In general terms, this episode came to the conclusion with ACCA's 100th anniversary and ceremony. ACCA's key members attends and it's quite a tense event. I have to admit, this episode captured a distinct feel made by Mauve.

Mauve continuously to prove herself as a responsible woman even in this episode.
I'm impressed by how she handled the King's ascension without being biased. Overall, interesting show. It took me awhile to accept the story and had a fairly slow pacing but overall was fairly entertaining.
Stark700Mar 28, 2017 9:43 AM
Mar 28, 2017 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
A little annoyed that no relationship seemed to have developed between Jean and Mauve. The dialogue was a little odd in the last half...does Jean have feelings for her but she's suddenly got a thing for Groshular now or something? Decent episode, but so many questions...
Mar 28, 2017 8:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kinda bummed out that my OTP didn't exactly set sail but oh well, I expected as much from this series....I'm happy that Mauve got that big promotion though, she deserved it

I gotta say that I liked how they wrapped things up because if things went I thought it would have then they wouldn't have been able to pull it off as well as they did the actual thing lol

Overall, it was nice to see how things got better for the districts and even though I still don't like the Prince, I feel like he'll learn from this for the better.....And I had NO IDEA that Nino's boss with actually Jean's branch chief LOL that was a nice surprise

Overall I'd give this a 7/10 but I didn't like how the bitchy aunt/older sister of Jean's mom seemingly got away with a slap on the wrist
Mar 28, 2017 9:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So Jean and Mauve made this plan together (Mauve figuring out Furawau's objective and Jean making a plan that doesn't need him to be the king). Excellent, i had to rewatch all the reveals once, really clicked the second time how good that was.

Qualm leaked the royal blood news, he's a genius. I'm not sure though if that was before Mauve figured out Furawau/Lilium or if it was part of his original deal or i might just be dumb but if someone can give me closure on that one, that would be appreciated.

Oulu is Abend! Really makes sense after what went on in episode 9.

Mauve is now the leader of ACCA and Grossular still has a good position in ACCA thanks to her. Nice duo, even though i wanted to see Jean x Mauve (Jean had feelings for her!)

Super nice conclusion that fits to the series.

7/10 as i expected a bit more from the ending after all the build up though.
SmudyMar 28, 2017 2:48 PM
Mar 28, 2017 9:28 AM
Feb 2016
One thing that I'll have to say is how glad I am that (even if it's in the final final scene) there's a moment where both Jean and Nino are alone together (◕‿◕)♡

In a way I'm glad that I took the challenge of watching every anime for Winter season (though failing halfway through) and found Acca 13 through that challenge. I guess the plus point for this show is that there is not much drama involve and problems were solved smoothly. Jean, as a character, is the type that doesn't react much nor wants to be involve too much (unless those important to him got into danger) in any situation thus he can analyze the situation and provide the best solution. Here I thought because of how Nino is injured Jean will go irrational and follow through with what Flauer states wants but in the end he outsmart them and maintain the peace of the country.

I'm not sure if it's because I waited a week for this last episode while I watch the rest in one go that the feelings doesn't seem to be so right. I was sure that I really like the pacing and storytelling that's why I was excited for this last episode but what I get is mixed feelings after watching. (・_・;) hmmm this is a bit troubling but in a way I don't think I would mind re-watching this series again and this is really a personal favorite for this Winter season watch of mine (´。• ω •。`) ♡
Mar 28, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
My OTP :(

7/10, good series tho.
Mar 28, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
The events at the ceremony were quite intense. It seemed as if the coup is going as planned, but Mauve stepped in. She gave an interesting speech and the Prince decided not to disband ACCA. Jean was the one who told everyone but Lilium to not continue with the coup. Oulu was behind the scenes the whole time. I was surprised he was Abend. It was kind of Lotta to forgive her aunt. After all that, the districts started to flourish. Mauve is now the leader of ACCA. Everything wrapped up nicely. This was a good show. The music is so good. 7/10
Mar 28, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Awesome finale, probably the best episode of the series till date? Maybe? Anyway it was great. XD

Loved how ACCA orchestrated that event and outwitted the Lilium family while at the same time making the prince accept ACCA.

They wrapped up everything really well, was nice to see Lotta getting along with the prince and even the first princess.

Hell, that plot twist at the end with the Chief was totally unexpected. XD That was seriously super cool, post credit scene with Jean and Nino at the bar was great.

Overall, ACCA was a really interesting show, the plot building, development and politics were really interesting and the twists in the story were excellent as well. If I had to pick, the show sometimes felt quit slow because of all the buildup but ultimately it was all worth it and this finale was awesome.

8/10
Mar 28, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
OMG YELLOW MUSTACHE WAS NINO'S BOSS! Didn't see that coming XD He was Abend!
I just fell in love with this anime. The slow pace plot building was really well done, I don't care about action and romance if they are not necessary to the story telling.
In the end they plot twisted the Lilium family, but they just went and made their country independent.
I'm so happy for the Pranetta population! \o/

The last conversation between Mauve and Jean was kinda weird...I didn't get it. His feelings for her would be unrequerited because she loves Grossular? Is that it? Well, they make a boss couple. I don't really care about shippings in this anime anyway.

Really loved the dark horse of the season, gonna give it a freaking 10, specially because the music is so good XD

Mar 28, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
I don't like how it ended. Anything is better than Schwann on the throne, and really, it should've rightfully been Jean on the throne, he's just incomparably more suited to politics and running a country that cares for its people.

8/10

Would've been 10/10 if Jean took the throne.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 28, 2017 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
Please anyone tell me the last song used on the last scenes. The jazz vibes hits me. ( >,<)

Edit: I know the tittle is "Our Place" from ONE III NOTES. please tell me if there's a full version hehe.
HentokiMar 28, 2017 10:09 AM
Mar 28, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
For me this is one of the best possible endings in the whole Anime history...Not only in terms of outcome, but also in directing (no drama thanks god) and the whole round-up was brilliant in my eyes
Mar 28, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
Hentoki said:
Please anyone tell me the last song used on the last scenes. The jazz vibes hits me. ( >,<)

It's called "Our Place" and it's the side-B song that came with ACCA's OP single. ^^
Mar 28, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2015
chisuru said:
Hentoki said:

It's called "Our Place" and it's the side-B song that came with ACCA's OP single. ^^

Aa where can i buy that online? XD @chisuru
Mar 28, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
What a satisfying show <3

There was almost nothing predictable about that conclusion-- so refreshing.
I'm a little sad about Jean's unrequited love though...

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 28, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2014
Everything got wrapped up pretty nicely in this conclusion. I had a feeling the person Nino was talking to was Abend, but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be the yellow mustache guy.

I'm torn on whether I want to give this a 6 or 7, but I think I'll go with the 7/10 since despite the sometimes sluggish feeling of the show, it was fairly interesting. Not to mention, the OP was super catchy lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
Oulo told something about painting his hair.
I'm confused.

Nice conclusion overall 7/10.
Mar 28, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
Jean and the rest managed to out smart Furawau and turn it around just fine, and it seems like many things were going on in he background as well. Overall a nice anime, started really chilly and nicely but at some point I got bored with it. Not bad 6/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 28, 2017 10:46 AM

Aug 2016
This anime was a bit boring some episodes, but overall, it was a good anime.

My final score ended on 7.13/10, so a 7/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 28, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like Nino x Jean was the OTP after all.
Mar 28, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2012
That was a slow anime. Ended slow too yet it was not a disapointment. I didn't expect quite shocky thinks even tho there was "mysterious" things so...

8/10 because i liked the atmosphere, charachters and musics. Some episodes were boring.
Mar 28, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2015
To think that even de coup d'etat would pass calmly lol.
Amazing serie en what a plottwist with Mustache being Abend.
julianobouken said:
Oulo told something about painting his hair.
I'm confused.

Nice conclusion overall 7/10.

By mentioning that, he revealed his identity since Abend's original hair colour is silver.
Mar 28, 2017 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
Yes, Jean & Mauve relationship will not proceed. The sub version is always inferior in a way, well basically there are no 100% correct subs and hard to express in some situation. Some members might have noticed the conversation between Jean and Mauve at the coffee shop, implies Jean has already heart broken from the start and Mauve will continue "respect" Grosura. The sub version was unable to capture/express the real meaning.
Mar 28, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
Lilium btfo and the prince gets a lecture with scare/threat by mauve and the others.
everything ends well and grosshular giving mauve control of acca, fuwuare left the nation but might come back.
Mustache chief was abend all along :0

8.7/10 I like the laid back atmosphere.
Mar 28, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2010
In the first episode you saw Jean find a small discrepancy out of nowhere which led to an embezzlement case. You got a good sense of his sense of clarity and how well he honed in on every little detail like it was clockwork. He made it look easy.

That was the only time you got to see him actually prove himself, but it was all I needed to trust in every stance he took. Grossular was mighty suspicious in the beginning, but once Jean said he trusted him, I knew to trust Grossular.

The only thing I didn't appreciate was Mauve x Jean was such a great pair, it's so tragic.
Mar 28, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
If only Jean X Mauve had happened, it would have been perfect ! Why ?!!! Really except the Fujoshis not many people would have rejected what should have been the OTP !! So Why ?? Seriously Japaneses this is ridiculous...

But to think that even with my perfect pitch, I did not notice he was Nino boss...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2017 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
It was a good anime. Despite being sluggish, it retained the interesting trait of the show which made the overall watch quite enjoyable.

One thing I'm really fan of the anime is the character design. Everyone looks so distinct in looks and personality. All characters are tall and slender with many even looking seductively appealing lol.

Just one major gripe of mine with the anime is that none of my ship got sailed through. The girl with red haired who admired Jean is now dating the silver haired guy and now, even Mauve ended up together with Grosshular. Can't help but feel bad for broken hearted Jean :(

7/10 (-0.5 for sunken ships :c)
Mar 28, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
So two people fooled the whole of ACCA. I was expecting Jean to pull a fast one on Lilium. I had doubts that Jean would want to become Lilium's puppet or even king for that matter. Did not expect him to plan out everything with Mauve and brilliantly foil Furawau's plans to replace Dowa. That was brilliant. Mauve never did want a coup so now thinking back, it was suspicious how easily she came on board the coup ship. In the end, Jean won. ACCA will be preserved, order will be maintained, and Jean will get to live the life he always has been. And now the Dubai of ACCA has separated itself from the kingdom but the desert land found resources so there's not going to be a problem. I did not expect Abend to be the inspection department chief. He was pushing Jean everywhere to bring things towards a coup since no one wanted Schwann to become king because he's stupid.

Overall, I liked this series quite a lot. The best thing here (apart from that glorious OP) was the world here. Each episode had a different district with each one being drastically different from the other. The background art was sugoi. It lacked a bit in animations because there weren't many opportunities for sakuga moments except for some isolated character acting scenes. Each district was interesting in its own way.

Nothing much happened in the episodes, but there was this feeling that something big is going on in the background. The first seven or so episodes were basically setting things up and they were doing it quite slowly to the point that each episode was basically uneventful. But then they started to kick into gear once the revelations started which made this much more interesting. And then that unexpected ending sealed the deal. Really loved this show.
Mar 28, 2017 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
All that overthinking and it ended greatly the way it should have. Everyone seems quite pleased with where they are left. Could not have been a better series.
By the way, "Not my king! Not my king!".
Daniel_NaumovMar 28, 2017 1:34 PM
Re:formed
Mar 28, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2016
no need to comment. moustache guy is abend. 2nd best anime this season.

9/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 28, 2017 2:04 PM

Dec 2016
Very interesting series.

I didn't know what was going on half the time but I think that was one of the reasons I kept watching this because I wanted to know what would happen next.

I had a feeling Jean didn't want to take the throne, he always seemed to be happy with his current job and his life with his sister.
Mar 28, 2017 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't have Jean and Mauve together in the end? Feelsbadman =(

8/10 for all
Mar 28, 2017 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
I'm sad that Mauve and Jean didn't end up together, though I can accept the reason as to why. Seems like Jean was already aware of Mauve's 'respect' for Grossular since probably a while back.
Glad that Nino's still with him though, they're lifelong buddies now.

Interesting take from Jean regarding the plan, to make it a plan that was exclusively beneficial to ACCA's goal, but not to Furawau, though I think pretty much everyone was expecting something to happen here. I saw no way, knowing Jean's character, that he would allow himself to be used to further the Furawau kingdom's goal, so I wasn't surprised that something different happened, though I was completely fooled by the previous ep into thinking that Mauve and Jean had already cut ties with each other.
Like we thought, the chief had more to him that was shown. He was Abend and had his hair dyed to disguise himself, though thinking about it normally he's one of the only people who would make sense being Abend. Only thing that kept me from thinking that was his hair color, so good on you chief.

Pretty solid for me, glad they used 'Our Place' for the final ED theme instead of the normal one.
gust11Mar 28, 2017 2:14 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 28, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2008
And all this time I was thinking Grossular was Abend. Turns out it was Owl. Wow! I think that was the best twist of all.

In your face, Lilium!!

Jean loves Mauve, but Mauve loves Grossular, and both Jean and Mauve's love will go unrequited. That's fine with me because I wanted Jean to hook up with Nino. Although, for a minute, I could have sworn both Jean AND Mauve were in love with Grossular and that's why Mauve said, "You are the same." I swear. My fujoshi brain is always in overdrive. LOL!!

So, Pine was from the district where everyone and everything is HUGE. Makes sense.

9/10
Hannah_AnaMar 29, 2017 9:21 AM
Mar 28, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
With how much focus world building, plot and characters got i'm kinda disappointed in how they handled this ending, sure it fits well and explains everything but that's it, it just tells.
I didn't want this series to be an action oriented one but ffs there was the future of the realm at stake and nobody seemed to give an actual fuck, I know it's how they behaved the entire season, but it's unbelievable how the lilium family parted ways with dowa, got literally taken away the throne from them and they just behaved like "yeah, we don't really care that much", mauve also infuriates me as a character, for some reason lots of series in the last few years needs a female character at all costs to scream badass and being better than any of the male ones, maybe I'm the only one seeing it like this but it's so much more clear when every other girl in this series only cares about bread and men and she's almost the only one with half a brain.

I just feel they could've done so much more with such a strong basis but to me they've just done the bare minimum so i can't call it bad, but i can't call it great either, i'm so disappointed for a show i expected to love much more than a 7
Mar 28, 2017 2:59 PM

Jun 2012
Its a good ending, but not satisfying.
Mar 28, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2012
So, my complaint here is how Prince Schwan's stupidity was fixed waaaay too easily. That's just not how it works.
Mar 28, 2017 3:36 PM

Mar 2015
Decent ending, good show.
7/10
Mar 28, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2011
I'm actually happy that Grossular and Mauve ended up together! I didn't find any romantic chemistry between Mauve and Jean in episode 3, or in any of their interactions for that matter. Another piece of good news is that they found resources in Pranetta; hopefully with this, Furawau leaving the kingdom wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Since it is expected all along that Jean will not take the throne (it's not in his character at all), and with episode 9 pretty much sealing the Owl = Abend deal for me, the only real surprise in this final episode is that Schwan was the one who gave Magie the order to warn Rail about the assassination attempt. I believed that he has a cunning side in him, but didn't think it possible for a moment that he's capable of such generosity.
Mar 28, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2015
Nice ending, and the finale was decent overall I guess.

I think I'll just give this show a 6. It was interesting, but in the end, it just didn't do it for me.

Mar 28, 2017 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
Lolololololololol the Liliums got played lolololol

Well, the entire show revolved around a damn coup d'etat, which in the end didn't even happen. I know there were only twelve episodes, but they still seemed too many to talk about only two things (the coup d'etat and the Otus family being royal). It got a little boring, it probably was more interesting for people smarter than me, but I myself didn't really like the story, or the characters. Jean Otus was doing nothing?? I think??

Also????? Why do you have to make the conversations so complicated?? FFS, if you like Groshular say so, don't beat around the bush, oh my God. Did they think that by adding more words they'd make a love interest sound more mature? I mean, come on.

But generally ACCA was different from other series, the art was nice, the OP was dope, and I really like Groshular, so I didn't dislike it.

Total Score: 6/10
ZurakiMar 28, 2017 5:44 PM
Mar 28, 2017 6:22 PM

Apr 2013
Started off interesting but ended up lame. All this planning for a coup and it doesn't even happen? Not to mention Lilium and the Prince caved in too easily when they were confronted, it's like nobody in this whole show has a backbone. It would have been better if Jean became King and overhauled the whole system to be more representative of the people. I mean who's to say the Prince won't change his mind down the road or a descendant of his will repeat his foot steps. The Aunt who planned the assassination gets off Scott free? This is like politics with kid gloves, wholly unrealistic.
Mar 28, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know why I liked This show the way I do, but it's just great. Fun characters that are actually diverse and interesting, and a good story Besides that too. Really good show 9/10
Mar 28, 2017 6:55 PM
Oct 2015
CG said:
I don't like how it ended. Anything is better than Schwann on the throne, and really, it should've rightfully been Jean on the throne, he's just incomparably more suited to politics and running a country that cares for its people.

8/10

Would've been 10/10 if Jean took the throne.

I liked the series until this episode. Absolutely hated how it finished with the pompous arrogant dandy on the throne.
Mar 28, 2017 7:11 PM

May 2010
Jean was forced into this coup. I thought the king was going to make things right, but turns out it was Mauve Jean combination. Nicely done. I like that he got back his normal life. I've been worried about the ending because I can't quite picture Jean as the king. Classy series until the end.
Mar 28, 2017 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
Well done Madhouse. I mean...it wasn't perfect. But I did enjoy this a lot each week. It was different and had a very refreshing feel to it. Great OST at the very least.
Mar 28, 2017 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
i didn't like this show at all at first, but it got A LOT better as it went on.

even though i'm still not a big fan of it rn, it had a great conclusion.
Mar 28, 2017 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
Bravo Jean! Bravo Mauve!

That was an awesome way to end the coup without a single bloodshed. I knew Jean had an ace up his sleeve to foil Lilium's silly plot.

The prince has changed his mind, and can still become the king as he wanted. ACCA continues to exist, and all the districts keep their individualities. Peace is maintained.

I knew that Mauve would be a great ally to Jean, and she did prove to be instrumental in this finale.

Poor Lilium. But he freaking deserved it.

I really enjoyed this show, and it's my AOTY. Only... it's over and there will be no more tales from the Dowa kingdom. We may never hear from Jean and his merry gang ever again. And that makes me sad. LOL.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 28, 2017 9:02 PM

Sep 2014
Great show, had a very fun and relaxed time watching it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2017

57 by chillvyb »»
May 16, 7:38 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2017

89 by fast2611 »»
Feb 1, 3:11 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2017

116 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

200 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.