Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2015 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this episode was quite something.

Both Yukine and Yato are beginning to experience a bit of an anxiety with what's to come. Didn't really like Nora's presence in this episode. I feel like every time she shows up, trouble follows....

Very thrilling episode.
Bishamon's hate and intention to get rid of Yato is quite serious imo. I like how the show still has some room for comedy though. Aiha needs to chill out.

Oct 16, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
That girl who is aloof is the one who got infected?! So the "doctor" already took precautions and hide her infection and Sawashiro-san's character.

First time seeing HiroC's character being blushed, but ruined it with normal talk that annoys the main girl. The "doctor" already set it to affect KajiKaji's character, HiroC's character, as well as ruining relations between Sawashiro-san's character and FukuJun's character.

That girl that got infected came to attack HiroC's character, with the help with the "doctor", when he cannot use KajiKaji's character. FukuJun's character just realized that he's not her shinki, and got caught along with main girl's soul.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 16, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
Kugaha was having a blast as everyone played into his hands during this entire episode.
DaisukiOct 16, 2015 10:49 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 16, 2015 10:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man that breakdown from Yukine was really sad.....I feel bad for all of Bishamon's regalia's too and I love you Bishamon and all but you need to open your god damn eyes and smell the coffee

This entire episode was something but that ending part was really intense and it sucks to see Hiyori and Bishamon's right hand get captured by that annoying priest...But the Yato x Hiyori moments were cute though
Oct 16, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
Well things continue to get worse rather rapidly, all while Bishamon remains oblivious. Seriously she has got to be one of the most incompetent characters from an anime I take seriously that I've seen in a long time. And no amount of tragic flashbacks we're no doubt about to get will improve my opinion of her. She deserves to die. All I could think of was how that Old Dude god with his harem should scold the hell out of her for being so dumb. Thankfully Yukine did it in his place. That was pretty great.
Oct 16, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode! I'm glad that I picked this show (after average first season).
Btw this is absolutely top 2 best looking anime of this season (1st is OnS)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 16, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
The feels are strong with this episode.

I absolutely adore this episode. I think it's best one so far. Yukine's reaction was really well done, and it was truly sad. I actually felt bad for him, for Kazuma and for all of Viina's Shinki. Yato was also great with both his serious moments and comedic relief moments. I always liked how this arc showed that Yato is really a god and not just some homeless jersey guy who see phantoms adn just happens to be able to fight, and the anime also shows is pretty well so far, although he still has his struggles (Nora...).

Bishamon, on the other hand, is completely blind of what is going on around her. Sure, that Kugaha bastard fooled her, but she was blind long before that. I don't envy Kazuma for having to have to deal with her when she was like that.

I also felt that the pacing of this ep was better than the previous ones.

Well, I love this episode and I can't wait for next one. It's going to be intense.

animefan8800 said:
All I could think of was how that Old Dude god with his harem should scold the hell out of her for being so dumb. Thankfully Yukine did it in his place. That was pretty great.

Haha. Just wait for
AraneaeOct 16, 2015 11:03 AM
Oct 16, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
I feel so bad for Yukine
Hi there
Oct 16, 2015 11:06 AM
Mar 2012
Wow, that doctor is a real ass
Oct 16, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
Kugaha is the kind of character I hate in shows. Ugggh! Really want to see him beat quickly!!
Oct 16, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
Intense ep. Kuguha's such a scumbag. He's a pretty awesome antagonist tho with all his charisma and the way he's pretty much manipulating Bisha and her Regalia.

Lots of BA Yato moments too. Loved his fight but that was also a bait to take Hiyori hostage DAMMIT! Dat YatoxHiyori scene at the start was so adorable tho <3 Blushing Yato and Hiyori were cute. And Yato calling Daikoku, "Daikoku papa" was lol

Poor Yukine. Must've felt like shit knowing Suzuha's dead and then being the cause for Kazuma to be exiled. Bisha's impulsive nature is gonna be the end of her one of these days. Good thing she held back from discarding Kazuma's name. Well that worked against him later on tho ^^;

Loving the pacing. Makes the ep full of intensity with no time to catch ur breath. I guess we might actually be getting Ebisu a this rate. Can't wait for the Bisha flashbacks.
Oct 16, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
Kugaha is an annoying villain and all, but I have more issues with the fact that Bishamon is an absolute moron. How the hell does she not realise that everything she's doing is playing into Kugaha's hands? And why should I care about Yato killing all of her Regalia before when she's neglecting most of the ones she has now? I know that she won't, but I seriously want her to die.

This episode must also be the first time that I have actually agreed with Yukine about something, what with that rant of his against Bishamon.
Oct 16, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Damn,Kugaha is so lucky.In the end he didn't have to lift a finger to remove Kazuma because Yukine pretty much unwittingly did it for him.Now that Kazuma is gone nothing is standing in Kugaha's way getting rid of Bishamon.

Bishamon is really paying the price of owning too much shinki to the point where she forgets them,they become jealous of each other while some even seem to hold grudges against her like in Kugaha's case.Yukine might be on to something when he said there wasn't anything familial about Bishamon and her family of Shinki.

It's interesting that Kugaha is a stray yet when they were checking for ayakashi taints he had only one name on his body.But I guess if he was able to fix that shinki with the ayakashi,hiding extra names must be easy.

Poor Hiyori being caught up in this mess :(
Oct 16, 2015 11:34 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I don't like how this adaptation is presenting Bishamon to be more naive than she was in the manga. Sure, she got tricked by Kugaha all the same in the end, but he had to work a bit more before he could trick her. Yet here, he did it almost effortlessly.

From a standalone perspective, this was a decent episode. But if Bones keep cutting corners for the next arcs, it may not end very well.

Oct 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
Excellent ep. Loved every second of it. Gonna be torture waiting for the next ep.
Oct 16, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
Kazuma threw the bitter words to Bishamon was decent
Oct 16, 2015 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
Incr3dibl3 said:
It's interesting that Kugaha is a stray yet when they were checking for ayakashi taints he had only one name on his body.But I guess if he was able to fix that shinki with the ayakashi,hiding extra names must be easy.

Well. Probably a little make-up here and there solves the problem...
Oct 16, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
I really want to se Bishamon suffer a lot, hope we get to see more of her shinki dying before her eyes, and some amazing ass pwning by Yatogami.
Oct 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2015
I really feel like in the next episodes that the shit is gonna hit the fan (and with quite the velocity)...
Oct 16, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Kazuma, he is exiled.
Oct 16, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2015
Better than the first season tbh
Oct 16, 2015 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
AHHHH!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!! Man, this is progressing really quickly?? I wonder how far the series will get this season??? Excited for next week :))
Oct 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2015
Loved this episode, although not really loving Bishamon. I get that she is all trying to do a nice thing by picking up so many souls, but really the way that she ends up treating them afterwards even if it wasn't on purpose is just messed up. It's like getting a dog then forgetting to feed it all the time. So I was really happy when Yukine blew up on her with the cold hard truth.

I'm soooo ready to see Bishamon Vs. Yato

Most memorable moment: Yukine setting off on Bishamon. I was cheering the whole time.

Edit: Kugaha freaks me the fuck out. That expression me made when he "slumbered" Kazuma

Oct 16, 2015 12:55 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I had pretty much the same face than Kugaha when all that stuff happened :
DatRandomDudeOct 16, 2015 12:59 PM
Oct 16, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
This show's so much fun

I don't want to wait another week
Oct 16, 2015 12:57 PM
Feb 2015
Great episode as usual! Man kazuma was kicked out and now hiyori is kidnapped.... Aw man I hate that doc. Using that girl and killing yukine's friend..
I hope bishamon finally realizes that yato is her savior like what kazuma has been saying. I really hope he tells the other regalia's about what happened in the past too.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 16, 2015 12:57 PM

Nov 2011
Hooolyyy sh******t! This was so intense! Upped the rating to 10/10. This new season looks like it's gonna be epic!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 16, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
Finally, Hiyori's promise scene. It seems they're pacing the show really fast, perhaps the Ebisu arc will take place this season, unless they add another random enemy like Rabo that wasn't in the manga.
Oct 16, 2015 1:17 PM
Jan 2014
Shit, meet fan. Fan, meet shit.
Oct 16, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
idk this episode makes me want more, cant wait for the next one. this is exciting
Oct 16, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Loved it! Kugaha is such a clever bastard, love how everything's rolling out even if it's kinda predictable.
Oct 16, 2015 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was crazy! Poor Kazume :(

Bishamon keeps on digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself.

Freaking Kugaha at the end!
Oct 16, 2015 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
God, the animation was absolutely horrendous
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 16, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Didn't Yato know that something was fishy with Kuguha? I was expecting him to bring it up when Kazuma turned up.

Damn that was intense. I was relieved when it seemed that Kazuma saved the day by paralyzing Kuguha, but he got neutralized instead. I wonder what Kuguha intends to do with Hiyori :(
Oct 16, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2009
Comic_Sans said:

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Not used to seeing this kind of poor quality from bones....
Oct 16, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2014
Here-Hear said:
Finally, Hiyori's promise scene. It seems they're pacing the show really fast, perhaps the Ebisu arc will take place this season, unless they add another random enemy like Rabo that wasn't in the manga.

Judging from the fact that Ebisu is in the poster and in the OP I guess that we'll definitely see Ebisu arc. Fujisaki also appears in OP, though not as much as Ebisu.

EDIT: I personally think that thsi season will cover up to chapter 39.
AraneaeOct 16, 2015 2:47 PM
Oct 16, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2015
Wow a lot has happened, I want to see when the Bishamon discover the thing that is making Kugaha
Poor Kazuma only to take care of Vinna and only gets screwed
Oct 16, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
It was pretty sad to see Yukine breakdown like that. I can't wait to see how more of Kugaha's plan unfolds, especially now that he's taken Hiyori hostage.

Comic_Sans said:

I'm glad someone else noticed that, so many blank faces and derp faces.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 16, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
Lots of emotion. Great characters; one of the most heartwarming casts I've seen.

"Don't go toward the cherry tree." *runs toward cherry tree*
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 16, 2015 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
This such a rollercoaster just 3 episodes in, holy shit.
Oct 16, 2015 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
Loved it! :D This was one of my favorite parts in the manga, and they're doing such a good job with it. Next we get to see part of Kazuma's history!
Oct 16, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2015
This episode really got me pumped for the next one I can´t wait another week the suspense is killing me!
Kugaha is such a great villain you just hate him more and more for every second he is on screen.
Oh and also Yato being sneaky af trying to hide in a trash can.
That was the most hilarious moment of this season so far.
Oct 16, 2015 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
Alright, this was quite an interesting episode, fuckin' awesome nonetheless.
Oct 16, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
Worst episode so far. I hope it gets better in the next episodes
Oct 16, 2015 3:10 PM

Sep 2015
Good thing Kazuma's name wasn't revoked. But seriously, if they survive this, Bishamon needs to learn to start being honest and not keeping all her feeling bottled up inside. If that's how she's always been, it's a wonder she survives as the greatest God of War that long

Lol Yukine's tricking Yato with that maiubo XD
Oct 16, 2015 3:21 PM
Dec 2013
Can't wait for the next episode. I bet we'll learn about Bishamon's past :33
Oct 16, 2015 3:27 PM

Nov 2011
Joss-de-Jarjayes said:
Worst episode so far. I hope it gets better in the next episodes

Lol. Please elaborate. Or do you just like having an unpopular opinion?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 16, 2015 3:34 PM

Feb 2015
Another good episode. Yukine and his bad luck :(
Oct 16, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
Man, that episode was really good. Yukine's words to Bishamon were annoying (mostly to Yuki Kaji's voice, but that's not surprised me), but very true. She disappoints me, I though that she was more competent, but she is manipulated by Kugaha like a puppet, and poor Kazuma for being exiled, I really like him.

And speaking of Kugaha, I love him. He is a great bastard and a good manipulator, truely a nice antagonist. Also dat face when he watch Kazuma's expulsion:

That pink haired shinki was only an jealous bitch, I think that she was a good character opposing to Kuraha when I saw the opening the first time, but nah.

P.S: The selenderman faces are really annoying.
Oct 16, 2015 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
Kazuma T-T

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

417 by alippskuy »»
Sep 23, 10:50 AM

» Season 3 rumor (leak)

meyve - May 22

28 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 10, 12:15 PM

» Which chapter should I start on if I want to continue reading on?

tristanxbidinger - Jul 26

6 by Sosophi13 »»
Jul 29, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

184 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 15, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2015

214 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 13, 5:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.