Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Intense episode! Loved how Yato fought against Kugaha. His partnership and fighting unity with Yukine seems almost unparalleled. Also really loved the music/OST they used for the fight.

Also glad to see Bishamon fight back despite being corrupted. ABOUT TIME! 5/5. This arc continuously delivers with solid story presentation and thrilling interpersonal struggles imo. Also glad to see Kazuma survive and making up with Bishamon again.

Nov 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
The enemy appeared. What he said made HiroC's character angry. HiroC's character took care of the ayakashi he released.

Sawashiro-san's character still considers that "doctor" her precious shinki. Then she released him free and faced the ayakashi herself. With main girl's request, HiroC's character decided not to do further. Oh, so FukuJun's character survived. That lady who got infected, too, survived from the purifying ritual. She decided to do exchange diary to get to know everyone better.

New arc starting next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
One of my favorite arcs :3

:D

Nov 6, 2015 10:06 AM

Sep 2010

Awesome! This is the first time Yato defeats an Ayakashi with two-sword Yukine.

DaisukiNov 6, 2015 10:17 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 6, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2012
[b]love and pece...love and pece :3[/b]

Nov 6, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2014
amazing end to an amazing Arc. This season of Noragami doing the two best arcs in the manga... can't wait!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 6, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
Thank sweet merciful Christ that arc is over. So Kugaha gets to live because he never himself hurt Bishamon and genuinely thought what he was doing was right? That's the second biggest load of BS I've seen/heard this year. The first biggest being a god can do no wrong, since I think nearly every single thing Bishamon did in the first 5 episodes this season was wrong. Well whatever, at least she finally decided to take a step towards getting to truly know, to connect with her Regalia with the journal thing. Maybe it'll be easier since so many of them got eaten too. :D I'm fine not seeing her again this season, but she's in the preview so...yeah. Well at least Yukine redeemed himself in this arc after all his whiny bullshit in season one. Who knows? Maybe Bishamon will too down the line.

Hoping Hiyori plays a larger role in the episodes to come.
animefan8800Nov 6, 2015 10:31 AM
Nov 6, 2015 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
So Bishamon's arc ends....
Great arc.
XenocrisiNov 6, 2015 10:41 AM
Nov 6, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
Wow. This episode was mindblowing.
It was the perfect and to an amazing arc. At first I really Yato to kill that asshole Kugaha, so when Bishamon stopped him, I got mad. But Bishamon eventually did the right thing by revoking his name. I think he gets to live, but she's told Yato he can do whatever he wants with him. So she doesn't care anymore whether Kugaha survives or not.
I hope he gets killed in the future.

This episode's flashbacks were outstanding as well. Kugaha actually had a live you could easily sympathize with. Apparently he only had the best of intentions, but he tried to achieve his goal through the worst methods, such as killing his fellow shinki.
I'm glad Bishamon finally got an epiphany too lol. And don't even get me started about the music this episode, it was stunning.

I'm really looking forward to the next arc! I'd love some more Nora screentime.

By the way, is it safe to watch the second OVA of Noragami now that Bishamon's arc has finished?
Nov 6, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
I love this arc!!! Yup, ost in this ep was on point!!
Nov 6, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
A bit boring, but i think it's all good since 2 previous episodes were full of action. Good to see that Bishomon and all of her regalias are fine and healthy now.
Nov 6, 2015 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
I don't have words to describe this arc... it was so perfect. And I loved the ending so much. Especially when Kazuma used the book to hide his tears.
Nov 6, 2015 11:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And so the Bishamon arc comes to an end with a very satifying, great and emotional conclusion....I'm really happy for Bishamon and Kazuma and everyone else in their family

That Yato vs Kugaha finale was epic...Next arc starts in the next episode and going by what I heard, this new character that will appear is going to be annoying as fuck
Nov 6, 2015 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Happy end, huuh?!
Loved the peaceful ending.
Nov 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd so much at how Yato pretty much summarized Kuga's whole plans and problems into "Notice me senpaiMommy" XD

He was so BA when he cut off Kuga's hand.

Now for Bisha, u just can't dislike her. People (me included) may think she was being a bitch in the last eps but u gotta admit she's just soo admirable. Her kindness is insane ^^;

The last scene with her, Kazuma and her other Regalia was really sweet.

Ebisu arc incoming!!! Can't friggin wait. Props to Bones for actually adapting this much material in just 6 eps. Bravo
Nov 6, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
ahhhh, the ending was so cute. kazuma and bishamon are just so adorable together :>
can't wait for ebisu arc now :>
Nov 6, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2011
Bishamon arc = Bravo. Woo. This is the part where I come to love Noragami.

Next episode,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2015 11:23 AM
Jan 2015
that episode was good not the best but good for the ending. but when yato used yuknie and lay waste with the sakki.... oh baby~
Nov 6, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
I really didn't think that I would ever like Noragami, but I was wrong.
This season is great.

Btw,
FLAWLESS animation, art and soundtrack. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Feb 2015

''Pay more attention to me, Mommy,'' is what it boils down to.
LOL, that is so true.

Sneezing Bishamon is so adorable.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2015 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Kazuma finally returned back to Bishamon.
Nov 6, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
Yato is a badass as always...Not much action at this episode (because it was the conclusion to Bishamon Arc).
Hope more exciting stuff will come with the next arc...
Nov 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2014
That was one of the best arcs I have seen in anime. Seriously its been wonderful!

10/10
Nov 6, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
Really good, parts of this felt like a real finale and we're not even halfway through the season (thankfully)
Nov 6, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2013
Epic way to end this arc. Gosh that animation, voice acting and ost. Bones delivered again.

New arc next week! Can't wait
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 6, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
You know, Kugaha may be a bit of an asshole, but I really can't argue with anything that he said about Bishamon at the start of the episode, given that he was bang on the money all the way through. Seriously, she did fuck up majorly a lot, so saying that Gods can do no wrong is some top-tier bullshit. Then again, also saying that Kugaha didn't corrupt her because he thought he was doing the right thing is pretty ridiculous as well. But hey, at least Kazuma's alive and it look likes Bishamon might finally be moving towards redeeming herself.

Only question this arc really leaves me with is why Kazuma couldn't stop Kugaha from moving a few episodes ago when inciting his name. Was that ever explained? All I can really think is that, like Nora (who he was working with for some reason which was also never really explained), he had more than one name. If that's the case, maybe we haven't seen the end of him. Who knows?
Nov 6, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
danieltortoisee said:
You know, Kugaha may be a bit of an asshole, but I really can't argue with anything that he said about Bishamon at the start of the episode, given that he was bang on the money all the way through. Seriously, she did fuck up majorly a lot, so saying that Gods can do no wrong is some top-tier bullshit. Then again, also saying that Kugaha didn't corrupt her because he thought he was doing the right thing is pretty ridiculous as well. But hey, at least Kazuma's alive and it look likes Bishamon might finally be moving towards redeeming herself.

Only question this arc really leaves me with is why Kazuma couldn't stop Kugaha from moving a few episodes ago when inciting his name. Was that ever explained? All I can really think is that, like Nora (who he was working with for some reason which was also never really explained), he had more than one name. If that's the case, maybe we haven't seen the end of him. Who knows?

Nora is not actually the girls name.

Nora = A shinnki having multiple names or simply a stray with multiple masters.

It's probably why Kuga didn't sting bishamon.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Nov 6, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
The highlight of this episode was Yato and his badassery. Chopping off Kugaha's hand triggered him and he released his masked phantom which Yato defeats. What pissed Yato the most was that Kugaha thought that he could use this lowly god. Yato ain't nobody's puppet. He was Nora's puppet, in a way, before and mostly did the killings under her control/command/will/whatever and now he wants to put the past behind him and start over.

So Bishamon is just too nice as she lets Kugaha go away after releasing him, much to Yato's dismay. Yato wanted her to finish off the traitor but Bishamon didn't want to do that. Kugaha sincerely wanted the best for Bishamon, but his methods weren't quite acceptable.

After going through the same thing for the second time, Bishamon decides to change her ways. She decides to stick with having an army of regalia, but now she will get to know them and tell them if she's in pain, just like Yato does with Yukine.

And so the Bishamon chapter is closed. It was gurate.

Nora is the main villain here and Yato will have to deal with her again. It seems like someone else is pulling her strings here.
Nov 6, 2015 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
10/10 Flawless
Nov 6, 2015 12:37 PM
Jun 2015
Good ending to a good arc.
Nov 6, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2015
I see some people are a bit confused about the "Gods can do no wrong" thing.

Perhaps it was a mistranslation but what Yato said was not that Gods can't make mistakes. Of course they can do questionable things that migth seem wrong to other people, but what Yato meant is that Gods' will is always righteous. Gods can do awful things and people will still accept them and forgive them because they are Gods.

It's similar to when people blame God for natural disasters and then beliebers say it was God's will and that everything happens for a reason. This is a topic that is later explored in the manga.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Nov 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2013
Excellent conclusion. I quite liked how they spruced up the climax with battles against ayakashi that didn't happen in the manga. There wasn't much left of this arc left though so I was expected something like this. Also the "Gods can do no wrong"thing is pretty easy to understand since they don't have any code of conduct to follow or superiors to answer too. All you can do to them is pray that they won't bring any harm.
fear80 said:
It's probably why Kuga didn't sting bishamon.

The reason why he didn't sting Bishamon was because in a fucked up way, what he was doing could be considered good for her. He was ridding her of a difficult burden by removing all the regalia he saw as overtaxing leeches. Dude basically just trying to give her extremely bitter medicine all along. Couple that with the fact that he might be a bit crazy and this is what happens.
gedataNov 6, 2015 12:44 PM
Nov 6, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
Ooh a great episode everyone finally learned it was Kuguha but I can't wait for the rest of the manga to be adapted :'(
Nov 6, 2015 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
Great conclusion.
Nov 6, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2015
Like that new scene Yato does with the sekki before annihilating the phantom.

Real nice full circle resolution to a great arc. Thought there was even some new music in this ep.

I am so ready for Ebisu arc!
Nov 6, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
I gonna be honest, I was really disappointed when Kugaha reveals to Bishamon that all the awful things that he did were for her own sake. I mean, after seeing Kugaha as a manipulative bastard who kill everyone with a smile in his face, that feels very bullshitty to me. Well, the moment when Yato cut his hand and fight against her creature was epic at least, and Bishamon did the correct thing expelling him.

I'm very happy that the main shinkis of Bishamon survived, especially for Kazuma and the Lion guy. In general, this arc has been very good and better than the first season, it's seems like Nora has a father or something. Curious of what will happen next week.

Also, kudos for Yukine for being useful and stop with his cries.
Nov 6, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
This was such a great arc.

Awesome seeing Yato cut off Kuguha's hand. Also cool to see his move now with two swords.

Really loved Bishamon in this episode. Seeing her defeat that phantom was great to see.
Nov 6, 2015 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
Extremely enjoyable arc overall, everything wrapped up quite nicely too.
Nov 6, 2015 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
Great ending, with a shed of tear from Kazuma. Happy Family!!
Hoo, Nora at the end.
Nov 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Ohhhhhhhhhh no, so much pain but also happiness and tears. I can't handle this, I love it.

Nov 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2015
Dunno why but I laughed when Yato said 'Mama'

Finally it's over!! Hope Bishamon and her gang learn this time to be honest with each other
Nov 6, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
Well this was a pretty enjoyable arc and I can't wait for the next one. It's nice to see Bishamon and all of her remaining Regalias doing well, and that Kazuma isn't actually dead. Props to Bishamon for doing the exchange diary thing to get to know her Regalias better.

animefan8800 said:
Hoping Hiyori plays a larger role in the episodes to come.

Same
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 6, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
An amazing emotional conclusion to an amazing arc. Loved the whole arc, great story and character development through struggle for pretty much everyone. This last episode's fights were awesome and the music complimented this episode really well. Really happy for this happy ending with Bishamon and her family and can't wait to see how this next arc does.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hSf46YzAGo&feature=youtu.be
Nov 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nice conclusion to this arc, can't wait to see what's next.
That seemed like a simple solution to let Kugaha go.
Nov 6, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
2happygolucky

notenoughedge

a shame really, a good arc. the ending felt way too fucking happy, like the manga.

gud thing ebisu arc is some gud 9/10 shit
"Hi!"
Nov 6, 2015 3:27 PM

Nov 2014
The Bishammon arc was glorious
Hi there
Nov 6, 2015 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
Apart from the lacklustre solution of letting Kugaha go (why), it was a really good arc.
Bishamon was hot af

Nov 6, 2015 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
Now back to slapstick again :(
Nov 6, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2014
RIP in peace beard guy who I never even cared about in the first place
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 6, 2015 4:29 PM
Jan 2015
Don't forget the epic OST from 17:00 of this episode.
it was soo epic!
Can't wait for the OST comes out :)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.