Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2015 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm actually and pleasantly surprised. Some of the action/magical battles in the episode was neat or at least somewhat fancy to watch in terms of fighting.

Decent episode overall. Really liked the amount of teamwork and choreography used. The way the girls fought in the sky with the magic really had a good amount of focus. The fan service part surprised me somewhat though.
Apr 22, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2007
Feeling inferiority against a boy. Contradiction of child and adult? Group of "useless" people together... Showing of main girl's parents. It seems like meeting of the boy at that space is related to the main girl's problem. lol @ the way of finding out where the piece is and the practice.

During the fight, the piece fell deep into the water. Changing to swimming suit outfit. Flying high through "typhoon air"? Bumping the space. Experiencing those together. So there's no Exact ED clip. Yui-chan's character is fun.
tsubasaloverApr 22, 2015 11:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 22, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
Not an awful lot of interest to me here, but there are some decent ideas floating around. That said, all I'm really interested in at this point is the relationship between Minato and Subaru and why Minato wants the fragments. We got some hints of the latter here, but it's vague enough to keep me intrigued. Hopefully those bits aren't wasted later on down the line.
Apr 22, 2015 1:15 PM

May 2009
Nice, endcard by Nichijou's mangaka

Eyecatch still better
Apr 22, 2015 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
The fragment fell into the deep park of the ocean. Nice fanservice.
Apr 22, 2015 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
I wonder if they'll all just be driving Subaru's by the end of the series.

A couple of nice scenes, but the pacing is far too erratic. I'm just waiting for the big twist where it's revealed that the antagonist is actually not a bad guy at all.
Apr 22, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Itsuki got her power-up with the entire car grille manifesting out of the shaft.

Awaiting the other four now, of which each represents a different car model manufactured by Subaru.

Apr 22, 2015 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
can't breathe in water
can breathe in space
Apr 22, 2015 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
The law of anime is really abundant in this series.

How they can hold their breath for ages underwater is at least kind of explained away with their powers but to then go on and have a long lengthy conversation in space where there is no oxygen at all makes me facepalm.
Apr 22, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
leetshoe said:
can't breathe in water
can breathe in space

Yeah, kinda strage...
Just like some Sailor Senshi can drown in the water,
but they totally ok when they talks on Moon xD

C'mon guys...
Really, you really think about logic in anime about "catching the stars for alien"? xD
Apr 22, 2015 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
LittleStar said:
leetshoe said:
can't breathe in water
can breathe in space

Yeah, kinda strage...
Just like some Sailor Senshi can drown in the water,
but they totally ok when they talks on Moon xD

Huh, and they are sailors too.
Apr 22, 2015 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
Fanservice yum.

Still dropped though.
Apr 22, 2015 4:53 PM
Nov 2013
The visuals continue to stun me.

As for the actual episode, I enjoyed it a lot as well. You'd think they'd realize that Minato is the "antagonist" that keeps appearing, especially Subaru lmao.
Apr 22, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
Dat fanservice : )
Apr 22, 2015 5:43 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Looks like Subaru's dad is an automobile fanatic, which explains the reason behind the naming of his daughter.

> Why do you always look so down?
What I'd like to know is, why you're always appearing before Subaru with your garden? That's the question Subaru should actually ask Minato.

Subaru unintentionally owning Minato with her rear end was the best part! She did what the others couldn't all this time. Way to go!

Average episode. The pacing is rather slow, so hopefully they'll pick it up soon.

Apr 22, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Im really happy that after the increadbly boring first episode, the last two have been pretty good, especially this one :)
Although, for an anime that's supposed to be targeted to all ages, this episode had a hell of a lot of fan service
Apr 22, 2015 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
Subaru really needs to stop opening doors
Apr 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
here i thought this would be a beach episode... luckily that was not the case lol
the scenes underwater and in space were so stunning! and i lol'd when minato just appeared among them underwater.
Apr 23, 2015 1:08 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I quite like the sceneries in this anime so far, the underwater was pretty, and the up in the stratosphere too. But hmm, it's still on the boring side so far. And the "drama" (not really drama though) feels weird and almost random. I'm talking about when Subaru talks to her father and then starts crying. It was an interesting conversation of course, it's like the structural functionalism theory of how each part (of society) is important, but then she just starts crying and saying that faulty parts together won't be any better. Well she seems like an emotional kid.

Mainly just wondering why Minato needs the fragments. Also, does he really not know that Subaru...is Subaru? Or he knows, but he still talks kindly to her only in the garden.
Apr 23, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2012
The fight scenes this ep was fun to watch.

Also how come Subaru and Minato still haven't recognized each other. Sure Minato grows horns, but still...
Oh well. If Superman can pull it off surely they can, too...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 23, 2015 4:03 AM

Jul 2012
Okay that was just ridiculous, and not because of all the physics breaking.

I'm still waiting for Subaru to question why Minato and his garden randomly appears. Since that's not suspicious at all.

Oh well, at least the scenery was pretty to look at.
Apr 23, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
Dat CGI
Apr 23, 2015 6:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Visuals are amazing in this anime still, i'm impressed by that.

But it has not much else going for it other than that.
Apr 23, 2015 7:43 AM

Jun 2012
Three episodes in and there's still no sense of what's actually happening. If there's more to this story than meets the eye, it's how it doesn't allude to it that's intriguing. Instead of keeping us in the dark by using dark imagery, it instead spouts off banter that makes no effort to say anything new. Keep in mind, this isn't 1000 words of fluff for every 176 words of substance, but a complete '0' as far as the setting goes. That's not something that happens accidentally even in the worst of shows.

As far as the cast goes, I think it clear the show is putting all its bets on Subaru, Aoi, and Minato. While not amazing individually there's enough reasonable charm to just watch and have a good time. If you asked me, though, part of the reason I feel they're held back is from the show wearing its themes very obviously; purpose in life, how parts come together, and all that other happy sap are themes a much better show can convey naturally, instead of going this is important! Pay attention! as this is what feels like.

I just hope the clock doesn't strike midnight.
Apr 23, 2015 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
The visual and CG quality is awesome and the action this time was better than last time(excepting the part when Subaru defeated the villain, which was nothing less than cringeworthy) but the 3d scenes and the 2d scenes don't gel.

The story is questionable at best and the context of the garden or the villain is up in the air. MC is cute but as a lead character she is very weak.

Overall, one episode until the drop. This will be the second drop after Re-Kan if the next episode doesn't drastically shake things up.
Apr 23, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
This was a nice episode. I really enjoyed the search for the star fragment and the whole scene underwater, as well as in space.

Apr 23, 2015 9:28 AM

May 2012
bastek66 said:

I know they're middle schoolers, but dayum.

This anime is been pleasantly entertaining so far, unlike the OVAs.

But...Aoi and Subaru sorta annoy me at the moment. Aoi says a lotta awkward things that sorta ruin the moment that's going on and Subaru is extremely whiny at the moment x_x

Well, hopefully Subaru gets more development later on, but I can't see Aoi not saying awkward stuff later.

Apr 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
bastek66 said:

Does someone know who's the artist and if they have a pixiv page or something? These eyecatches are just gorgeous!
Apr 23, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, Aoi wears glasses in the sea.
Apr 23, 2015 5:35 PM
Mar 2013
shaworu said:
Does someone know who's the artist and if they have a pixiv page or something? These eyecatches are just gorgeous!

This anime is being published as a manga monthly serialized by Anmi.
(The first volume is now on sale. See Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758064989 )
The cover illustration of the manga.

Anmi's Pixiv and Twitter account:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=212801
https://twitter.com/Anmi_
Anmi draws the eye-caches for the anime, too.

Edit:
Author's name corrected. (It's not "Amuni" but "Anmi". Sorry about that.)
htsujiApr 24, 2015 9:24 PM
Apr 24, 2015 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
It was a really good episode for me.

Subaru's family is lovely. Her Dad reminds me of Minato when he's giving advice. Her Mom is really pretty. It seems the car infront of their house is different from ep1?

The strawberrymilk makes a reappearance :)

The girls' swimsuits are really cute. Minato looked kinda cool surfing in the sky. The teamwork was great.

Nice to see Subaru getting closer with the other members. Still a crybaby but at the end of the episode she was able to defend her friends from DarkMinato. It was funny seeing him back away when Subaru appeared in front of him and that sudden "attack" from Subaru XD.

Minato's earrings have a 5 pointed star, Dark Minato has a 4 pointed star on his earrings. Is it a transformation thing along with the redder and longer hair, red eyes, and horns? They really act different but they sound similar (For some reason I prefer if DarkMinato uses "Ore" instead of "Boku" to refer to himself...). Is he just playing along? Possessed by another alien when outside the garden? Split personality? Some other reason?

I felt kinda happy when DarkMinato and Subaru' palms/hands touched >///<
He's such a cunning guy. But I wonder If Subaru will question the existence of the garden and tell the group about it. She keeps getting distracted by other things. Is it only for her and Minato?

Each member seems to have a specialty. Itsuki highest flier. Aoi the fastest? Hikaru amazing reflexes? Nanako forecasting and translator for the president? Subaru has yet to realize hers, maybe signal booster for Nanako's divinations? XD

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next ep.
Apr 24, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
htsuji said:
shaworu said:

This anime is being published as a manga monthly serialized by Anmi.
(The first volume is now on sale. See Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758064989 )

Amuni's Pixiv and Twitter account:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=212801
https://twitter.com/Anmi_

Amuni draws the eye-caches for the anime, too.

Bless you!
Apr 24, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
U gotta admit the animation during those flying scenes can be epic sometimes. Dat twister looked cool as hell :3
Apr 24, 2015 9:06 PM
Mar 2013
Someone on Twitter made the drive shaft!
(https://twitter.com/SW_Aya_sun)
Apr 24, 2015 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
htsuji said:
Someone on Twitter made the drive shaft!
(https://twitter.com/SW_Aya_sun)

R.I.P. to that car.
Apr 26, 2015 6:18 AM

Jan 2010
Oh my, I am really in love with this anime.
Is it an overall masterpiece? No. But there are some aspects of it that make it so enjoyable to watch. The art is gorgeous, not anything too complex, but so pleasant to watch. The character designs are so colorful, the simple yet wonderful life lessons and last but not least - the truly amazing scenes where they gather those parts of the alien's engine/machine(whatevs). I just can't resist all the bright colors, beautiful magical circles and sparkles (and I hate to admit it, but yes the fanservice too wonderful too and it wasn't that shameless in my opinion).
Apr 27, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
Not very convincing as the plot, but the story thanks to the drawings and the scenery beautiful, is convincing and entertaining; I hope will improve soon history.
Drawings and animations that have nothing to envy to other more famous series. Cute characters, it would be enough just to become a little more interesting this TV series.

@ All: Thanks for the many information. ;)
Apr 27, 2015 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
He got butt slammed!
Apr 28, 2015 12:58 AM
Jul 2013
Never thought I'd see a sprite(lightning) in an anime.
maxilibanApr 28, 2015 1:01 AM
Apr 30, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
Ok this episode was better.
May 19, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2011
It was an okay episode. Subaru's whine is annoying though.
Jul 15, 2015 9:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Subaru oh Subaru. Butt smash toward the red haired guy xD
She sured was a bit on the annoying side, even crying at one point.

The ending was quite nice. +1 for them aurora lights.

Jul 16, 2015 2:54 PM

May 2012
Solid overall development! Let's see what's next.
Sep 5, 2017 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
Demon Lord is back.
Itsuki oppai.
Mom went up to dad like she was ready to fuck.
Subaru getting saved by Itsuki's oppai.
Demon Lord is back.
LAWD JESUS! DAT INTERMISSION CARD! ITSUKI AND NANAKO ARE SLAYING! Itsuki reminding me of Hestia.
Dat swimsuit transformation.
Itsuki oppai jiggle!
Dat Itsuki booty.
Dat Itsuki leg split.
lol at Demon Lord appearing out of nowhere.
Itsuki oppai jiggle.
Lucky President landing on Itsuki.
He got hit by that ass.
Itsuki sticking that booty out.
RobSep 5, 2017 11:58 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2018 1:20 AM

May 2017
Felt it was a bit weak, but it's the swimsuit episode so...

Feel like the series is playing it safe, not that it is entirely a bad thing, very by the numbers Mahou Souju. Plenty of metaphor for growing up and discovering who you are, cliché, but can't fault it too much.

Whole thing looks quite nice though. And the good ol' Gainax bounce is still in full force.

Physics does not apply when you guys are transformed.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.

More topics from this board

» Subaru and Minato

Ghefira - Apr 18, 2023

2 by Yusronyusron »»
Apr 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2015

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2015

65 by HaganeNoTema »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

28 by jakewil85 »»
Apr 22, 2019 2:05 PM

Poll: » Houkago no Pleiades (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2015

41 by Wary_Wolf »»
Nov 10, 2018 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.