Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 10, 2023 4:10 AM
Sep 2016
I didn't like the anime at first because of Miyo's Cinderella-esque character. As more EPs came, I started to enjoy some of the stories, especially when Miyo is starting to have her char dev with Hazuki. I already guess she has some sort of non-standard abilities very early on, when she keeps getting nightmare after nightmare, it was made clear when the Saimori's sakura tree's burned down. And now this development happen, and this story just sucessfully downgrade itself from being a meh but at least a story-of-its-own to a very generic story without much of a unique value in only an EP.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 10, 2023 5:34 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to Jzaday
Nah the Usuba family is SUS and I need Miyo back with Kudo ASAP!!!
Facts! Kudo seems to be the only one genuinely concerned about her well-being and by the looks of things, the Usuba family wants to use her for her abilities.
Sep 10, 2023 5:59 AM
May 2021
this fight scene was better than jujutsu kaisen ep 7 fight scene.
Sep 10, 2023 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
Huh, so you're saying the family knew everything about her supernatural ability but still let her be treated like shit because she supposedly didn't have one. Then they come to take her back only after the seal is "wearing off" or whatever is happening now? I'm not sure if that's worse than them not knowing anything and just letting her be discarded until they one day realize that her power is starting to show. Either way they seem like fucking assholes.
Sep 10, 2023 1:33 PM

Nov 2012
That was a cheap trick. The Usabas are as bad maybe worse than the Saimoris.
Sep 10, 2023 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Gotta say, I'm not at all a fan of the turn the story has taken.
I personally wanted the focus to stay on their relationship and Miyo growing as a person, I'm not that interested in their supernatural abilities, the battle with the grotesques or how special the Usuba family is.

Really disappointed, I'm not even looking forward to the next episode that much now.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 10, 2023 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
This episode is quite frustrating, but I'm looking forward to hear the mother's story.. though I don't know if Miyo should trust the story coming from the family members who never care about her until her powers awakened.
Sep 11, 2023 11:16 AM

May 2015
That pissed me off so much. They didn't care about Miyo before because they thought she didn't have the ability. Is this even a serious response? Wtf. They left her in an abusive situation and now as soon as she has ability, they want her back?

Besides, why did she have to be put before the choice? As if they all can't come to an agreement. She needs to stay with Usuba and learn how to control her ability, well, let her learn. It doesn't have to mean that Kudo can't see her again...
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 AM

Feb 2014
To quote Geese Howard, "Predictable!!"
We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons. And for one brief moment, you did. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. *That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.
Sep 12, 2023 5:51 AM
Mar 2023
Every time my girl suffers, I really hate antagonists
Sep 12, 2023 7:23 AM

Jan 2011
I gotta say the girl playing Miyo is killing it. This was a good episode with lots of reveals. Let's see how the end it these next two episodes.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 12, 2023 6:21 PM
Feb 2021
una mierda de capitulo, trama sin sentido y sin romance, un anime de matrimonio que no trata de eso en un capitulo completo.
Sep 13, 2023 6:46 AM

Sep 2023
I love rewatching them over & over. There should be more shows that have a similar love story where they gradually fall in love & not rushed there is ups & downs like in normal relationships. One of the best shows there is & can't wait for more episodes. LOVE My Happy Marriage.
Sep 13, 2023 8:37 AM
Apr 2023
pro fin un poco mas de información de los usuba
Sep 13, 2023 12:20 PM

Oct 2018
The drama wasn't as much as I expected from all the reactions to the episode. Action board was also very efficient.
Sep 13, 2023 7:08 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Farabeuf
@Tsubasavo Agree. It's turning into NTR the anime. I'm sorry, but Miyo is an idiot. These people didn't give a shit about her until she showed the gift. They let her rot and be treated as a slave. But by now she should know that no one but Kudo will make her truly happy. Her decision making is absurd.

All she had to do is say that she'd choose her fianceé and if they cannot help her without leaving her husband, then she doesn't want their help at all. Granted Kudo was too much of a jock to think clearly and help her walk away from this. It's obvious they're desperate to get their hands on that gift and would have to agree to her conditions.

I suppose the next episode might contain some info that explains why they have been so absent and carefree about Miyo but at this point it just feels silly.

@Farabeuf
Lol...You nailed it.
Sep 13, 2023 10:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Mika2017
@Farabeuf
Lol...You nailed it.
@Mika2017 Yeah thanks. Not that I’m happy about to be honest. The decision making of our mc’s is head scratching at best and mind numbingly moronic at its worst
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2023 4:19 AM
Aug 2021
Nothing pissed me off more than "You're better off without me" trope. That's why Miyo indecision while in character is so annoying. It's one thing to make a character weak and unconfident, but making a character dumb enough to go along with a family that will definitely abuse your power just 🙄.
Sep 14, 2023 4:45 AM

Mar 2008
Ah that sure makes sense for Arata to be an Usuba. It actually makes for a better villain since their intentions and fears are not all unreasonable even though I do not agree with his level of manipulativeness and how no one cared when it was thought she didnt have abilities but still while cold the Usaba's have concerns that make sense.

I had a feeling Miyo's ability had to do with dreams even though not previously mentioned as am Usuba ability.

I wonder if someone has the ability to control grotesqueries.

Not sure if Arata teleported Kiyoka or if he just cast an illusion to make it seem so.
traedSep 14, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 14, 2023 9:03 PM
Sep 2023
All 9 episodes of build up for miyo and kudos relationship was all destroyed when miyo couldn’t decide whether she wanted to stay with complete strangers (yes they are family but she has literally never met them) or kudo. Especially after they admitted they only wanted to go meet her cause of her powers. And the fact that miyo let him get placed in a violent situation to fight for her where he was literally shot and all she did was show concern for the stranger when kudo was winning is giga-cringe. Never seen one episode destroy and entire season to this degree.
Sep 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
Damn, daaaaamn!!! Everyone fights over and wants Miyo just for her supernatural powers!!! No one cares about her feelings, insecurities and loneliness except Kiyoka's family!!!!

Hah! And that crazy guy who uses a gun in supernatural duels.... that guy and his whole family don't deserve Miyo back!!! Disgusting, the head of the family has even admitted that he took Miyo back now because he just realized the potential in her, so disgusting!!!

Grrr, I'm so angry with this episode. I'm a bit annoyed with Miyo too because Kiyoka has gone to such great lengths to show his love and affection and tell her to be selfish but she still keeps hesitating. Honestly if I were Kiyoka I would be really sad and a bit hurt even though I know Miyo's intention is not to hurt me but still, it feels like everything I do and say is meaningless :( like, it feels empty. BUT I REALLY SALUTE KIYOKA, OMG. Everything, everything... everything just makes him even more of an amazing person.

I hope Miyo will be back in Kiyoka's arms by the next episode. This is too painful to watch. No one deserves to be by Miyo's side more than Kiyoka. They both love each other so beautifully together :")

Sep 15, 2023 10:33 PM
Jan 2022
Pretty annoyed at Miyo still not being honest with herself or Kudo. Also annoyed at him for blindly rushing into a duel he didn't need to accept tho.

Also annoyed at the assholery of everyone in this show and their total lack of humanity too. My "happy" marriage was a total lie.
Sep 17, 2023 7:54 PM

Jan 2022
Why did he give up so easily? I wish Miyo was more open about how she was feeling. I know its difficult due to her past but come on dude.
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 19, 2023 11:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the glasses guy is her cousin and there is also her grandfather...and of course it's revealed that she has some OP powers of dream manipulation but that was to expect anyway, too bad she's forced to stay here because we had that goofy duel of pistol vs sword xD
Sep 20, 2023 6:27 AM
Sep 2011
wtf was that trash
Sep 20, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2023
i hate the female lead being sad and saying "i don't know" in episode 9 when she thinks about her husband
Sep 20, 2023 8:54 PM

Apr 2019
Looks like it's time for Miyo's mom's backstory. Really curious as to why she married into the Saimori family.

I've been enjoying the story but man, is it hard for me to sit through. Not like it's bad or anything, it's just I can't stand seeing someone come between Miyo and Kiyoka. What can I say, I have a weak heart. But anyways, onwards and upwards.
Sep 20, 2023 9:24 PM

May 2019
Miyo is still full retard.

But understandable, the years of abuse destroyed any sense she could have.

Worse was the boi accepting a duel just by braindead impulse. But also undestandable, this is something we guys do.

Most of stuff in this episode was annoying, but accurate.
Sep 23, 2023 1:23 AM

Jun 2020
i miss the parts when this show was about a happy marriage

Oct 3, 2023 12:38 AM

Aug 2022
Miyo has supernatural abilities? Who would have guessed...
Oct 3, 2023 5:27 AM

Apr 2011
It was rather a dirty move to use Miyo's image against Kudo.

Nevertheless. I don't like the Usuba family one bit because when Miyo was suffering at the hands of her father, stepmother, and younger sister they did nothing. Only when Miyo awaken to her powers only do they care. Clearly shows they care more of her powers than her actual well-being like Kudou. If they were so kind, and genuinely care, they wouldn't make a condition of taking her away and just help her cure nightmare and learn how to use her powers.

I'm looking forward to Kudou going back to rescue Miyo and wreck the Usuba family just like he did when she was kidnapped.
Oct 3, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 2023
The episode is okay but the series is nothing special
Oct 9, 2023 5:27 PM

Oct 2019
i feel like this episode could've been made way differently. like i think we all knew miyo had these abilities, and i think this just felt so, unnecessary to the plot.

Oct 28, 2023 10:15 AM
Mar 2017
The fight was interesting, but the whole damsel in distress thing plus the not talking things leading to misunderstandings is ticking me off.
Oct 31, 2023 3:16 PM
Aug 2018
I am just so done now. I really enjoyed the first 6 episodes, but the whole with with the Usubas (Arata in perticular) and just... Miyo. It's too frustrating. I got to Arata somehow magicing away Kiyoka and Miyo crying on the ground and I just couldn't anymore. I was so done pitying her at that point. It felt like she caused what happened and Kiyoka deserves so much better than that. Also Miyo actually having powers, while I sort of expected it, I'm not fond about it. I liked that she didn't have them. I had heard so much good about the show, but the second half has really just sucked imo. A shame. I really liked the first 6 episodes.
Nov 19, 2023 11:17 PM

May 2012
every antagonist in this show is scum, learn how to write a good antagonist, this is the worst part of this show by fucking far

edit: and they go back to tearing the poor girl down, i actually actively dislike what this show is, i like the idea, but they are constantly victimizing miyo with shitty antagonists, fucking garbage, and not even in a way that makes sense, its literally her family abusing her 24/7, then her fiance keeps failing her, like man, what do you expect me to think of this, the rating is going down each time this bs happens
frequency15kNov 19, 2023 11:30 PM
Dec 10, 2023 3:30 AM
Jan 2022
Worst trope of all time.
Yea, sure we'll fight to take ownership of a person.

Especially given all that information within minutes before the challenge.
So ridiculous, that it's baffling that anyone could write such drivel.
Dec 29, 2023 5:56 AM

Jul 2023
Poor Danna-sama lost the duel, but they have a point. Kiyoka has too heavy a responsibility of protecting the capital that he has no time for Miyo.

Good thing that she's in better hands for now, i.e. with her Usaba family.

Well, the revelation is scary for Miyo. She had always believed that, metaphorically, she cannot do kung fu. But with her gift, she has what seems like the equivalent of having nuclear missiles.

The movie did not elaborate on Miyo's mother. I do hope we get to learn more of her.
patkarununganJan 2, 7:15 AM
Jan 1, 7:23 PM

Jan 2024
Fascinating! Finally we'll get to learn more about her mother.
Jan 3, 9:00 PM
Sep 2014
I feel like I was in a fever dream.
Jan 4, 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
this episode was really satisfying man. call me psycho but seeing miyo suffering and crying was really satisfying. only thing come to my mind was she deserved that. like always pathetically crying and all. i got it u have worst past and all but just how much it takes to see the worth of people. saying ill burden for him all that just to run away from her self. like his sister said all those things, his future husband said just tell me everything and i will accept everything still crying about your sh*t and taking him for granted. he even said all that stuff to his grandfather and even said i will always protect him only to hear her answer "I DON'T KNOW" that's hurt man. just what do expect him to do at this point. she should learn her lesson too that people don't bless with same fortune twice, understand worth of things before it's too late.im more like boa kind of person or u could say love is war(anime) type like i will change for him/her even i if i have too.
Feb 29, 6:48 PM
Dec 2014
This is becoming a train wreck.
Apr 8, 7:05 PM

Mar 2024
WOWWWW Arata is Miyo cousin :0000 I hate how they aren't letting Miyo decide because ultimately they are fighting over her and it is her future, so she should have a say.

The sister is so real!!! Knocked some sense into Kudo literally XD

I'm scared for what will happen to Miyo. I hope they treat her alright until Kudo can hopefully save her. And I wonder what Arata's role is...
Apr 23, 5:27 PM

Feb 2009
Nah, after his show of love for her and everything, Miyo really did Kudou dirty in this episode. She can go fuck off with the Usuba and become their slave if that's what she wants. She talks about wanting to be with him all this time, but she won't choose him over literally random clowns. She has 0 trust in him after all he's said and done for her. She acts all concerned and shit but she was the one who put him in the situation in the first place, forcing him into a duel because she literally couldn't choose him over literal scum.

Also, Arata literally outing that he works for the Emperor is some 2 bit villain shit. Author needs to learn how to write decent antagonists.

I feel sorry for Kudou, he deserves better than Miyo.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 20, 2023

169 by KimSoderman »»
Yesterday, 6:28 PM

» This is the most watched anime franchise on Netflix in second half of 2023.

RealNath - May 29

13 by Howlitee »»
May 31, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

100 by OtomeinHell »»
May 29, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

83 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.