Forum Settings
Forums

Why is there more and more depressed people? How to help as a random average person?

New
May 30, 2023 1:43 PM

Apr 2022
Pretty much what the title says. Lately i talked about more people, open myself a bit...and most of what followed was many people sharing pretty sad stories...and me discovering (call me stupid and naive i might worth it there) that the number of depressed (like for real with various levels but many to a scary suicidal or such one)...people is indeed just plain scary around me...feel like one person out of three you kind of know by view feels that way or something when you learn more about them and they feel enough secure to confides to you or something lately. Was it always that way and i was blind to it or is there really more suffering around now than ever before for many many people around?  Its start to break my heart to see that as i was in that place in the past and know how awful it can be to suffer so much but i'm lost at what i can do for helping them going better when i'm just your average human probably even less good in the comforting people area than most even...is there anything i can do? Or anything people can collectively do to help it. Because hearing people crying on my shoulder one after one its start to get me all teary too and i cant stand feeling so powerless to get people happier and more soothed as i wish too. Anyone relates?

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

May 30, 2023 1:49 PM

Jun 2019
Because people have too much time on their hands. The solution is to send back people to the mines for at least 10 hours a day.

Jokes aside, I doubt that the people that you spoke to are really depressed for no one lives without suffering.

P.S. You have created twice the same thread.
May 30, 2023 2:06 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
By providing Money and beautiful women/men..

May 30, 2023 2:12 PM

Apr 2022
Woops...how can i delete the double thread?

May 30, 2023 2:17 PM

Jun 2019
Sylpheline said:
Woops...how can i delete the double thread?

You have normally some time to delete your thread. Otherwise, you can report the one where no one has posted yet.
May 30, 2023 2:22 PM

Apr 2022
Thanks i tried hope it worked. As for other answers sorry i dont have any massive stock of beautiful people to give others for partners in the hands nor massive money to get fly trough my window i'm no billionaire so thats no option.

As well i agree some might just have the average suffering of life but i doubt people fake either especially not most or all want to fake such degree of despair at least i guess keeping in mind people are more likely to fake happiness than misery. Now i live in a pretty poor area indeed that might make many people with the economic issues right now bitter and sad. 

May 30, 2023 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
Modern society taking it's toll on the primitive hunter gatherer oriented brain of the homo-sapien 
May 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Jan 2009
world economy is in deppression too thats why

plus overpopulation made people more easily replaceable with how many new people can replce you and your friends anytime
May 30, 2023 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
Depression is a failure feedback mechanism which has evolved in the human brain for millenia. Typically it relates to the big dominions of life: romance, friendship and trade. You expect your circumstances to be a certain way, but the actual ones are different. Depression finds its way to your brain when there's a discrepancy. 

jennicide said:
Modern society taking it's toll on the primitive hunter gatherer oriented brain of the homo-sapien 
This is pointing to the right direction. Think about it: in evolutionary terms, how many time have we, as a species, have spent with modern problems? Not a lot. Adaptations take time. If you don't have an aim and the modern world has given you a lot of free time, it's no wonder you feel depressed. Man turns into a caged animal.

If anyone is interested in the evolutionary psychology behind depression, I highly recommed listening to this guy (pay no attention to the diet nonsense):

Around minute 15:00 onwards.

Keep in mind that if you're some sort of freudian, you'll find the evo-psych perspective quite daunting. Same if you suscribe to the hypothesis of a "chemical imbalance". Why would nature design such a defective organism? Depression tells you that you're failing at something and that you ought to break out of it.
CronosmuMay 30, 2023 8:23 PM

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

May 31, 2023 1:11 AM

Apr 2022
Interesting thanks everyone for their perspective. I'm not a therapist so i have no expertise to judge the value of therapy differents style and their debates/rivality about which works best as a approach but thanks to get me to know more about the ones which feel like the best to you. As for people who say we are too many and they just avoided natural selection well...that can be true in a purely biology view but didnt we invent society for people to survive and prosper the best they can who wouldnt be able to in nature precisely? 

Why did it fails its purpose then? 

I dont dislike evopsych perspective tough i dont know all that much about it and different therapy approach and therir respective merit and rivalry so i dont really feel strongly attach to any perspective on that too ignorant to be sure one is the best tough yeah what they say i'm skeptical of the chemical imbalance stuff for sure overall they did convince me on that one, so thanks for the video to learn more about evopsych depression approach it was indeed useful (ive tried watch it full but i'm no english native speaker and get more difficulties understanding speaking english than written english so i understood about it what i could still interesting for what i've understood) but i'm no mental health expert just your random human girl who try to confort friends and people she know by view when their in pain because its saddens me to see them that way that all i just asked because trying to be friendly and giving a shoulder to cry on besides the initial calming down seems to overall not go very far in term of actually helping...maybe the real answer is that i just can't with my position and abilities do anything more for them and they just need a therapist for some indeed but some dont have money for it, some are too afraid or prejudiced to try it and others have tried and it got them better so more the power to them but i also seen people who did try therapy and didnt get any better some even worse after trying it so...what can i someone with no peculiar mental health skills can do for this people besides watching them drowning in their sorrows? Maybe i just didnt swallow yet the hard truth of life that there nothing i can do for them because i cant stand to let people crying alone but i guess i'm the kind to not give up until i'm 100% sure the energy i give is indeed useless or would better be used differently that actually would do some positive difference because i tend to dont be able to consider "impossible" as a hearable answer when i want a thing to be done that feels important to my heart. I might be just too stubborn and used on playing neighborhood mom to accept that its maybe really is useless tough...considering evolution theory maybe being a 30 fertile woman its start getting me some semblance of maternal instinct that may exist after all and that maybe why i keep cant help acting like every one mom also after all?  

May 31, 2023 2:40 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm I suppose why there are more is quite a simpler answer. Just because people since millenias/centuries had problems to speak about their emotions. Back than there was less people, which means less depression, right now we have more people which means more cases of depression because population and people having depression is increasing or decreasing directly proportional. Unfortunately people ain't knowing how to speak about their emotions and stuff related into it, a typical example which I give is when you have an average parent [usually mother] who says "Son/Daughter remember that you can always talk we me about everything", how many of depressed people actually speak with their parents or friends about their problems, usually it goes "I don't want to get them involved into this" without realising that these people experienced more and went through same if not worse stuff [done the same thing when I was struggling and after few years when I've talked about it with friends and in the end with my mother, after that it was uncomparable better]

How to help as an average?

A simple good IRL conversation is enough, cause the biggest help is the person who would listen to and most importantnly understand to what people says.
May 31, 2023 2:56 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
I would say that the best way to help is by doing your best to be a kind person. smile, pay someone a compliment... they're seemingly small things but they can make a world of difference to someone who feels down. let people know you're there for them. obviously these things aren't the cure, but small gestures add up. I've dealt with depression all my life and these are all things that have helped me a lot: I'm much better now so I try and do the same for others. the fact that you made this thread tells me that you have a good heart. ❤️
May 31, 2023 5:34 AM

Oct 2022
I find depression to be like a normality nowadays. Idk I certainly think I know more depressed people than like, people who arent. Is there like a good way to help? I mean I talked with friends before who were depressed/suicidal, tried talking with them and shit. Some worked out and others are just dead or are still depressed. I am no professional so cant say much, but as like a normal civilian, I think fully helping others with depression is impossible, they need to talk with professionals at the end of the day. 
May 31, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
I think in a lot of cases, some kind of major event has happened to a person and it may be one of the very first times they've experienced this themselves and they don't know how to cope with it.
The internet in some ways helps connect with others who may have experienced similar as that's readily available, and they can comfort eachother... But also I think sometimes the opposite can happen, as I've met many people online that seem to like wallowing in their own sadness with eachother.  With me, I tried my best to comfort them, but in the end it becomes so draining. Most of the time I can tell their seeking attention.

But it also depends on the level of depression. I think a lot of people just think that means being a little unhappy, whereas my Dad who had depression starved himself and refused to drink and was suicidal, and was bed bound. Even after multiple psychiatric hospital visits he never quite got cured as we'd like.

Usually I think most issues can easily be resolved by talking to someone trusted & close, hospitalisation a very last option in my opinion, and definitely way up what that involves as it's not easy to get out off the medication or aftercare they provide.
Plus psychiatric hospitals are not nice places to be, as their treatment is often-times forced and degrading and adds more stress upon already stressed & unwell people.
Loyal_SheeplingMay 31, 2023 8:50 AM
May 31, 2023 10:04 AM

Apr 2022
@Zettaiken 

Thanks i guess your right that my best way on how to help better is to learn to talk emotions better and work on my listening skills.

May 31, 2023 10:05 AM

Apr 2022
@velveteenvamp Oh thanks...i'm glad your better but learning you had endure it all your life break my heart for the you that got to deal with that. Your surely very brave having fighted it all that long. Best hope for future.

May 31, 2023 10:17 AM

Apr 2022
@Text101 Wow thats super sad i'm sorry for you and your friends who feel that way and especially sad for the one who is dead. Its probably dependent of your circle because i definitively know a lot of people who arent depressed also tough yeah they seems to sadly got rarer lately and most people answering observes that sad fact that not being depressed in some way seems to become a rarity more and more but yes i'm not depressed anymore and i know others who did manage to fight it. Some part of this is luck. Some go with different social situations some having it worse than others...but i guess you still can do something for those who arent dead yet and still depressed. I definitively know people who did suicidal attempts before and got better on their own never did it again without seeing professionals tough...they're not the happiest around but they did make a lot of progress so yeah...friends can help...some at least even that way...i can be sure from personal experience since they are still here talking me regularly a decade after. Ideally good professionnals would be better but...realistically not every one needing it access it so yeah i think its needed friends will be friends and try their best tough of course not being a pro if it do not work dont blame yourself. Past cant be change but cherish those who are still with you and take care of your own happiness best you can was what i tried to get accross as a message for you. Best wishes of happy thing to comes for you and your friends.

May 31, 2023 10:40 AM

Apr 2022
@LightWorker Wow sorry for your dad...thats tragic really. Yeah i see what you mean for the seeking attention thing. I mean yeah sadness can be addictive in its own weird way...so some circles of depressed people can get each other team up for the better other can for the worst i've seen that too not only on the web...for some its kind of became a "how low i can go" challenge or so its seems sometimes...well i dont go angry at them because even the attention seekers who go in a negative spiral kind of willingly are still really ill and suffering and not faking it more like coping pretty bad usually but yeah...this is a kind of circle i try not judge to much but dont approach really either because i'm completely at loss to understand how helping such people is even possible tough i wish it was. I hope my attempts to help never backlash that way online or irl because i wouldnt know how to get it right way back and its really scary for me a idea.

Your right i personnally never felt depressed and suicidal before a traumatic experience (pretty rape by a guy who i've think loved me for life...the hard reality becamed to draining for me and i've got depressed at that time and try killing myself because believing i cant be loved again and had no future for failing exam not being able to think about anything else at the time since it time healed it and i loved again many times but yeah in my case the depression past was obviously trauma induced and i think your quite right that its often that way) ...and yeah i tried kill myself once that time and ended up in psych hospital once for this never get back never needed it thanksfully but even if only from pretty afar i know some people who go in psych hospital regularly for depression, suicidal attempts, drugs or psychosis because i've known a bunch of punk kids at college that grow up drug addicts and to some it done them a lot of bad. Yes i remember meds were hard to get off and hospital only traumatized me more instead of helping me getting better...i know some who think its saved their life and its depends of hospital and services but yeah...many sadly do harm. I agree with you on that. 

Well...with the depression level your father is i know nothing i can do but prayers that he and yourself got as happy and healthy as you can in the near future, take care.

May 31, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2008
I say depression is just a phase in one’s life. It shouldn’t last for long. Depends on how hard an individual works on it. It hits everyone regardless the situation.
Jun 3, 2023 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
They are lonely I think but the problem is to vast for me to pinpoint one cause and I think being kind helps a depressed person, but only for a moment which is better than nothing.
Jun 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Apr 2022
Yes i guess your both right that anyone can end up depressed in some situation. I'm more skeptical of it being able to hit anyone out of the blue unprovoked by any issue but what can i say maybe its true. I'm also agree that many depressed people are indeed pretty lonely. Well loneliness is even more common a sad reality than depression indeed...loneliness truly seem to be everywhere nowadays...people wish for connexion many are starved of it...but we dont dare to really try it...isnt it weird? 

Jun 3, 2023 1:26 PM

Jul 2021
People don't have anything fulfilling to work towards.
Jun 3, 2023 1:36 PM

Dec 2016
Yall go about this in all the wrong ways, I swear. Cure depression?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression#Overview

*Puts microchip in brain*
*Genocides depression*

Jun 4, 2023 3:07 PM

Aug 2020
Sylpheline said:
Pretty much what the title says. Lately i talked about more people, open myself a bit...and most of what followed was many people sharing pretty sad stories...and me discovering (call me stupid and naive i might worth it there) that the number of depressed (like for real with various levels but many to a scary suicidal or such one)...people is indeed just plain scary around me...feel like one person out of three you kind of know by view feels that way or something when you learn more about them and they feel enough secure to confides to you or something lately. Was it always that way and i was blind to it or is there really more suffering around now than ever before for many many people around?  Its start to break my heart to see that as i was in that place in the past and know how awful it can be to suffer so much but i'm lost at what i can do for helping them going better when i'm just your average human probably even less good in the comforting people area than most even...is there anything i can do? Or anything people can collectively do to help it. Because hearing people crying on my shoulder one after one its start to get me all teary too and i cant stand feeling so powerless to get people happier and more soothed as i wish too. Anyone relates?
Ah finally, a topic that I can sink  my teeth into. Well, if I was too give one simple explanation its, "yo mama was right, its those dam screens".
Being a bit more serous, think about it the average person nowerdays. If you don't like the person your speaking too, the thing in front of you isent immediately entertaining, or you are faced with a hurdle you don't want to deal with; what do you do? You pull out your phone and open XXXX. Thanks to phones, we now have a minimum baseline for entertainment, a high expectation of engagement needed from the real world, and all the reward for none of the work. So when its time to do work, people procrastinate, not building the skills tey need to do things in life and instead browes reddit. Or, they look up a tutorial or (nowerdays) just ask chatgpt to do it. Now, yes your immediate problem is solved. But you didn't grow from it. You didn't learn a new formula, or comprehend a new fact, you just got the machine to think for you. What does no challenge equal? No reward. Insulated from the world, people feel trapped under all the "protection " the modern world gives us.
On top of that, phones dual hit ya with dopamine overdose and over engagement. This makes the real world less interesting, making you spend more time in your phone and wrecks you brains reward centers, encouraging you too do the negative behaviours which hurt you in the long run.So, with all this screen time and disconnection from the real world, it's no wonder that more and more people are feeling depressed and struggling with their mental health. The constant comparison to others on social media, the pressure to always be "on" and available, and the lack of genuine human interaction can really take a toll on a person's well-being.
But here's the thing, my friend: you're not powerless, and there are things you can do to make a difference. It starts with being there for those who reach out to you, even if you feel like you're not the best at comforting people. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear and a non-judgmental shoulder to lean on. Just being present and showing that you care can make a world of difference. Because your presence thier means that there more important to you then just getting the next dopamine hit on reddit.Remember, change starts with small actions. You may not be able to solve everyone's problems or make them instantly happy, but by offering support and spreading awareness, you can contribute to a more compassionate world. And trust me, there are definitely people out there who can relate to what you're feeling and who are also looking for ways to make a difference. Together, we can make a positive impact and help those in need find their way to a happier and healthier life.
Remember, change starts with small actions. You may not be able to solve everyone's problems or make them instantly happy, but by offering support and spreading awareness, you can contribute to a more compassionate world. And trust me, there are definitely people out there who can relate to what you're feeling and who are also looking for ways to make a difference. Together, we can make a positive impact and help those in need find their way to a happier and healthier life.
Jun 4, 2023 3:08 PM

Aug 2020
TLDR: Your depression is causeing you to be depressed. Go figure. Do the things ya don't wanna, and push yourself. Also, showing your thier in spite of issues for others does a world of help for them. If its hard to understand, flip the situation around. How much would it  help if someone came to help you and say your not alone, and gave you tools to fight back. Kick the depression in the balls, together.
Jun 4, 2023 3:09 PM

Jun 2023
Not enough wars, to keep the population in check
Jun 4, 2023 3:20 PM

Jun 2022
i feel like theres a lot of weird detached and impersonal social relations you have to go through IRL, and youre stuck getting your life sucked away at work or school or whatever too.

plus the internet gives people just enough socializing without actually solving anything

but im kind of distrustful of the non depressed lol like how r u not?? at least to some extent, engaged in weird psychological copes depression or otherwise.
rian2Jun 4, 2023 3:24 PM
Jun 4, 2023 7:13 PM
Jul 2021
All part of the plan. They are all in bed together, big pharma, gov't, food industry, everyone they only see us has $ signs, nothing more, nothing less.

Growing up in the 80's there was hardly any kid on pills for things like ADHD etc. All of a sudden in the early-mid 90's bam! 4/6 kids, especially boys, "needed" to be "medicated" because of ADHD or some other nonsense.  
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 4, 2023 10:58 PM

Sep 2010
Too much free time to think about things you shouldn't be thinking about. The world is rotten to it's core and it always was but now we just have too much time and get flooded with information that we can't escape it.

And apparently it's "cool" to have depression and hurting yourself these days. How you help a person with depression? You don't. That's exactly how you get depression too, because you care too much about the problems of other people instead of your own ones.

The only person who can cure someone's depression is the person itself. There is no amount of time, effort and care that'll help so don't waste your own mental energy on someone else and take care of yourself and your own problems instead.
Jun 5, 2023 12:21 AM
Apr 2022
I think it’s a mixture of two things. 1: A perceived lack of meaning, I’ve noticed people (especially young people) are a lot more nihilistic nowadays, we live in a weird era and the future seems bleak to a lot of us. 2: People have gotten too accustomed to modernity and luxury, it would be difficult to spend your time wallowing in self pity while you’re struggling to survive everyday afterall. I think people crave struggle/conflict deep down so they create their own conflict unconsciously in it’s absence. Most depressed people I’ve met have issues that are relatively easy to fix but they aren’t really interested in trying to fix their problems, they just become absorbed in the struggle and develop a sort of learned helplessness. As for helping them, you are pretty limited in what you can do. They have to be the ones to try and dig themselves out of the pit.
MirthmaxxingJun 5, 2023 12:29 AM
Jun 5, 2023 12:51 AM

Feb 2018
Finding no meaning in life. No goals, no aspirations. Just endlessly scrolling tik tok, youtube, gaming, anime all day. Sitting at home all day. No effort to make any plans with others. Disconnect from reality. Of course doing all of these things will make anyone depressed. And people won't stop being depressed unless they make any changes to these routines. Can't do anything about it if people don't want to help themselves first, forget about helping others. 
Jeez honestly i used to laugh those eat bugs and live in pods conspiracies but it's already a reality it seems. I can see it happen in a couple decades at this rate. 

Jun 5, 2023 1:14 AM

Dec 2016
@Arioch-

Oh, that is a good one. Humanity's boilerplate stated desire for peace and its actual need for volatility.

https://dune.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Path

So, I read that wiki and I was like, I mean. That is one way to disrupt prescient prophecy and stagnation.

>:3

There is another way...
“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Blank_(Psychic)
So, I thought to myself. This would be perfect for the Void Dragon Omnissaiah.
https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/pd57ie/woulddoes_the_mechanicus_experiment_with_blanks/
I wasn't the only one.
Jun 5, 2023 1:23 AM
May 2023
let them die and kill themselves, less depressed people in the world. problem solved. 
Jun 5, 2023 1:32 AM

Mar 2021
well we have social media (tiktok in general) which romanticizes depression. Also we have a saying in Hindi (my native language) "Jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai" - what is visible, sells [Basically Depression sells]. It's happening from a long time, now you can see the result, as a major part of the society thinks that they are in depression.

Btw you can't do anything other than protecting yourself from this shit
SAT_KUMARJun 5, 2023 1:39 AM

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jun 5, 2023 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Because lot of people are stucked for 6-10 hours a day in meaningless jobs they dislike and have no passion for and barely have time for the people in their life and things they have passion for.
removed-userJun 5, 2023 6:51 AM
Jun 5, 2023 11:23 AM

Apr 2022
Thanks to everyone who answered. You all contributed in great ways by expressing your point of view even the joking ones added a bit of needed if dark humour to such a topic. It helped me a lot reading you all. That said i will only answer to people who specifically quoted me directly because i got much more answer than expect and got a bit overwhelmed. Told you i'm clumsy. I think many people had a lot of great points indeed here. Thanks you all it really was eye opening talking all that with all of you.

Jun 5, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2022
ChadtheChampion said:
Sylpheline said:
Ah finally, a topic that I can sink  my teeth into. Well, if I was too give one simple explanation its, "yo mama was right, its those dam screens".
Being a bit more serous, think about it the average person nowerdays. If you don't like the person your speaking too, the thing in front of you isent immediately entertaining, or you are faced with a hurdle you don't want to deal with; what do you do? You pull out your phone and open XXXX. Thanks to phones, we now have a minimum baseline for entertainment, a high expectation of engagement needed from the real world, and all the reward for none of the work. So when its time to do work, people procrastinate, not building the skills tey need to do things in life and instead browes reddit. Or, they look up a tutorial or (nowerdays) just ask chatgpt to do it. Now, yes your immediate problem is solved. But you didn't grow from it. You didn't learn a new formula, or comprehend a new fact, you just got the machine to think for you. What does no challenge equal? No reward. Insulated from the world, people feel trapped under all the "protection " the modern world gives us.
On top of that, phones dual hit ya with dopamine overdose and over engagement. This makes the real world less interesting, making you spend more time in your phone and wrecks you brains reward centers, encouraging you too do the negative behaviours which hurt you in the long run.So, with all this screen time and disconnection from the real world, it's no wonder that more and more people are feeling depressed and struggling with their mental health. The constant comparison to others on social media, the pressure to always be "on" and available, and the lack of genuine human interaction can really take a toll on a person's well-being.
But here's the thing, my friend: you're not powerless, and there are things you can do to make a difference. It starts with being there for those who reach out to you, even if you feel like you're not the best at comforting people. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear and a non-judgmental shoulder to lean on. Just being present and showing that you care can make a world of difference. Because your presence thier means that there more important to you then just getting the next dopamine hit on reddit.Remember, change starts with small actions. You may not be able to solve everyone's problems or make them instantly happy, but by offering support and spreading awareness, you can contribute to a more compassionate world. And trust me, there are definitely people out there who can relate to what you're feeling and who are also looking for ways to make a difference. Together, we can make a positive impact and help those in need find their way to a happier and healthier life.
Remember, change starts with small actions. You may not be able to solve everyone's problems or make them instantly happy, but by offering support and spreading awareness, you can contribute to a more compassionate world. And trust me, there are definitely people out there who can relate to what you're feeling and who are also looking for ways to make a difference. Together, we can make a positive impact and help those in need find their way to a happier and healthier life.
Its was very well tough out thanks it got me a lot of food for tough. Yeah overall its just about keeping optimistic and help the best i can while manage to protect myself and dont be to upset that its only small gestures i can do because they still do count in way i cant know if i'm not the receiving end yeah your right. Basically spreading all the love and happiness (real one not the bogus ones  toxic posivity sell by the worst part of self help industry) works slow but works in the end indeed...thanks it gaved my hope of doing a difference back. Well even if know i fear to sound full hippie. Anyway maybe they werent wrong on absolutely everything.

Jun 5, 2023 1:35 PM

Jun 2021
Society can affect the well being of others. There are certain expectations from society that can make us feel let down. Depending on who you are talking to, an immigrant or natural born citizen, one may see the glass as half full and the other as half empty. There's also the expectations of what society expects of each generation. Currently in the US, if you're a gen-z child, you've likely been raised in front of a computer screen/phone, were emotionally neglected by your parents, weren't given the encouragement to try, fail, and explore your identity, are expected to be popular and attractive like the people in your algorithm, you think the world around you is gloomy because all you see are rage bait materials telling you how everyone is a racist and a sexist and telling you why you should pick a side, and people telling you how much of a failure you are or how you won't acquire wealth as easily. The American dream is dead and gen-z isn't having any of it. Gen-Z weren't raised to become successful adults.
Jun 5, 2023 4:19 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I blame parents, and public institutions for coddling children. When you are sheltered from the reap world during your formative years, and never learn how to take responsibility for yourself, its only inevitable that you are going to end up depressed. Of course, a portion of the burden goes to the depressed individual as well. Many times, people stay in undesirable conditions simply because they feel it's easier, or they lose all hope. Ultimately to actually get out of it, it requires action on your part as well.

I am more speaking to myself at this point but it's fine.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 5, 2023 4:42 PM

Nov 2022
Cost of living crisis, economy is a total disaster.

Things are shit since 2008.

This era is like sluggish 1930 Great Depression https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

It would be a mystery is we had a golden age like 1920s or 1890s and despite that there are depressed people.

In the shit we have being depressed is the only natural thing.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 11, 2023 8:32 AM
suii

Dec 2018
have them watch evangelion haha, noo but, i think depression or depressive feelings have always existed. https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/ the only thing i would say is give it time, people/you/the person will get over stuff eventually. maybe try and ask if they have any hobbies or something you or a friendgoup can do socially, maybe that could help. (if its in the middle of a breakdown or depressive episode THATS HARD, know from exp, its just negative negative negitive. if they have a sembelance of a hobby, maybe point in that direction/there more to life than what you're feeling right now etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PCM2O2SdKsq9ZQ7aEz7Lz5-E_n8pmMXw/view?usp=sharing

its hard for one person to be there emotionally i think, because when you're depresed, atleast when i used to have breakdowns i used to shout, you never understand/nothing/it!, you never understand what thats like! and so on  maybe depression for many comes from that they tend to take life really seriously and if some stuff dont work out or if they ''fail'' they get all deperessed, but thats part of life. just tell them give it time or ask them if they wanna  hang out or something
evangelionfanJun 11, 2023 9:42 AM
Jun 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
I feel like that Meusnier guy is unintentionally trolling even when the jokes aren't aside.

I don't know why people are getting more depressed if they are. The solution would be complicated. An individual that wishes to help in my opinion could probably try to tune in on subtle cues when someone is struggling with something, and just listen to them with an open mind. It would be hard to even give advice if you aren't in their shoes. Whatever you think of in response, they've probably already thought of. I think just listening and caring might help someone.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 13, 2023 2:09 PM

Apr 2022
So thanks everyone and sorry for people among you who regret being born been there before its hard. But i really think most of you could find stuff in life that worth living it till the end and ending up enjoying it sooner or later. That said...i got a part of my answer a mental health study in my country that just get released said that one out of 5 of people are in depression there, one out of two among youths. Causes according to the study (in french context but i guess many of it works for us youth too) : fear of insecurity and terrorism, post covid pandemic trauma, fear of ukraine war, media seriouslty playing on those fear to get people stress paralyzed and buzzing/hypnoziting by their brainwashing that is nocive to the youth brains and mental health, precarity, poverty, high level of unemployment, ecological crisis anxiety, winning less money than older generations, and conflicts with said older generations hating on youth and despising them for being overconnected to internet and phones and said internet addiction that is both needed for a social life semblance in many youth and worsening many of them mental health indeed...and fear and anxiety about a uncertain future seen as doomed and apocalyptic by many young people, and also seeing tons of young people around them facing mental health hardships get many youth people down too. Well...i can say that i'm not surprised but its even worse than what i felt...not one out of three, one out of two...hard. Obviously...its need political and physical answers not just internet and individuals one...i think overall i can only share what got me feel like still hope and optimism around all that : its too late not to have faith in people and the future...that the kind of mentality my grandma who survived wwII used to live it and after it...another hard time...she transmitted it to me and even if i'm not half strong as she was it got me strengh to face such dark times as ours with a smile. Now that she is dead i hope to be able to make as much a positive difference for others as she did for me at her time. I'm probably going to engage myself somewhere to help more pratically indeed...just need to decides where exactly. 

I would be glad if i was good at subtle clues but i'm bad enough at it that most pro suspected i'm autistic so i do my best to be the best listener i'm able to be but i'm very probably subpar on that even with training. Still advices their worked a bit...i start to makes people around me more smiling than they were. Thanks you all.

Jun 13, 2023 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
Part of it is just increasing diagnosis and openness over how people feel about things. That said though depression when not caused by a physical illness impeding brain function is a natural reaction to the state in one's own life or the world. Modern capitalist society severely alienates people from their passions placing barriers of money to rule over their lives and putting people under unnecessary work related stress. Governments have been abusing power and technology for mass killings and surveillance. With the advent of the printed press, then the telegram, then phones, then the internet, then the increasing popularity of social media and independent journalism people have become more connected with things around them than ever before. The more cornered and desperate people become the more their quality of life and the more negative ways they may effect others becomes. Then these people are told "actually it's a chemical imbalance so take these pills and control your emotional reactions to everything with CBT" while their lives and the world is in crisis, rotting. 
Jun 13, 2023 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
Depression is a natural part of the 21st century. Humans are not designed to be wired to the internet 24/7. Life is more competitive and less rewarding than ever, all the same being incredibly fast paced. Addiction is commonplace in the form of video games, pornography and social media - it's almost natural now to have such addictions. People forget that they have genuine debilitating effects, and in most cases with the aforementioned topics, the addicts tend to be children and teenagers.
Not to mention food - people talk about drugs but processed foods are packed full of experimental chemicals with dubious effects. As corporations gain more and more power I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in sawdust and defund all studies that prove sawdust is bad for you. Artificial sweeteners have been linked to so many negative effects and they've been pumped into shit people think are 'healthier' for a hot decade or two now. It's just that all studies are 'inconclusive' (corporations paid other scientists to produce conflicting results). The same stuff happened in the past with alcohol and cigarettes.

The world feels so much more cold. Younger generations are shafted with these dystopic undertones regarding how 'the climate is dying' and 'essentials are no longer affordable' and how their parents were able to afford much more lavish lives and buy their own houses (almost unthinkable for so many teens now) and if you look at America their last election was between a billionaire racist TV personality or a dementia-riddled old man - it's not hard to see how young people, teenagers and older gen z consider themselves absolutely fucked. The female sexual revolution and female empowerment over the last decade or so has left undesirable men / mentally ill men feeling completely worthless as attraction is further simplified into being tall, having a large dick, or being some kind of disney prince god-tier supermodel. Women have it to a lesser degree with the Tiktok stars and celebrities, but have you looked at Tinder? Either way people are being exposed to the top 1% most attractive people online and are deeming that to be suitable beauty standards for humanity - this only exacerbates feelings of inadequacy for everybody involved.

Not to mention the people that are chronically online only continue to skyrocket. Social isolation never helps. Huge rates of single mothers also makes the issue far worse, where kids are growing up without dads and typically a much more tumultuous home life because 'mom needs a boyfriend, but the boyfriend doesn't wanna help with the kids because they're not his'.
Jun 13, 2023 7:07 PM

Mar 2021
Social Media

Too many people are on the internet absorbing the hell that is social media, for hours, every single day of the week. The constant negativity is enough to bring anybody down. You can't escape it either, even the most positive places on the internet aren't safe from it.

The way I see it is that the human brain can't process this much information and be connected with so many people, it's too much. Too many different cultures, too man differences of opinion, it's a constant battle. 
Jun 13, 2023 7:10 PM

Oct 2016
ryo-san said:
By providing Money and beautiful women/men..
Second this. I would be a lot happier if I was rich and had a Tesla.
Jun 13, 2023 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
quantumBreeze said:
Depression is a natural part of the 21st century. Humans are not designed to be wired to the internet 24/7.
They kind of are though. People are built for social interactions. They just aren't able to maintain over 100 relationships and keep up appearances created through the filter of social media glam without it getting them down. That's regardless of if it's on the wired or meatspace though.
Jun 13, 2023 11:30 PM
Jul 2020
money system sucks, cant afford a fun lil treat or to treat others, job sucks/work/school, and people can't find their little happy places bc of all that. find your niches and frequent there, if you want something new find the local "third place" and pop in every once in a while. but people dont really...go outside much. online is so fast you cant log off for long, ya know. luckily my phone now is so cumbersome to use (bc small hands) that i only rely on it if i have to, otherwise i got more manual hobbies like my 3ds and journaling. ALSO HUG MORE, OMG AMERICA IS SO TOUCH STARVED ITS CRAZY.
Jun 14, 2023 2:17 AM

Apr 2022
lizchibi said:
money system sucks, cant afford a fun lil treat or to treat others, job sucks/work/school, and people can't find their little happy places bc of all that. find your niches and frequent there, if you want something new find the local "third place" and pop in every once in a while. but people dont really...go outside much. online is so fast you cant log off for long, ya know. luckily my phone now is so cumbersome to use (bc small hands) that i only rely on it if i have to, otherwise i got more manual hobbies like my 3ds and journaling. ALSO HUG MORE, OMG AMERICA IS SO TOUCH STARVED ITS CRAZY.
Yeah...where are all the free hugers? Its got completely out fashion but it might have done some good in our times to bring that back.

More topics from this board

» Do Americans reproduce by mitosis?

Dije - Yesterday

28 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» Rant on Overly curious people that assume the worse.

InfernoPhoeniz12 - Jan 3, 2021

11 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
18 minutes ago

» What will you be doing during maintenance?

Timeline_man - 9 hours ago

16 by SmugSatoko »»
3 hours ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

65 by ArabianLuffy »»
4 hours ago

» If you had the chance, which anime character would you cosplay as?

ojibanana - May 21

27 by AverageRiceFan »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.