Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2020 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that escalated between the two sides. In their society, it seems turf wars and ideals frequently clash.

It's too bad that not everything can be always settlted in peaceful means. Now, we only got one more episodes left for this series.
Dec 15, 2020 5:35 AM

Nov 2019
This is arguably the best episode of this series so far. Things just kept on escalating and escalating, especially at the start. Best of luck to Makoto who's handling this situation and finding out who the mastermind behind the set-up is, all the while being in danger from the Red Angels, G-Boys, and the police (isogai kinda sus ngl).

Even though some episodes weren't all that amazing (some were definite stand-outs though), it's nice to see that this series will end on a good two-episode arc.
Dec 15, 2020 5:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg I didn't expect it become that tense and violent like that, many murders in the city between the two gangs, they even tried to kill him with a car and hit Makoto's mother... well I hope that Makoto will be fine for this series final and that he will succeed in stopping that gang wars
Dec 15, 2020 5:55 AM

Oct 2017
So predictable damn it, these kids are so dumb. The G boys and Red angels mobs I mean. Also the final arc took the most predictable and cringe direction it could, unless the finale has some surpise for us I'll be very dissapointed.
Dec 15, 2020 5:58 AM
Oct 2016
Makoto is being set up hardcore. Talk about a crazy two part final arc to end this show. Tensions between the G Boys and Red Angels have been bubbling up for a while now and here they come to a head with some tinkering from the outside. It look also like Isogai is working with those guys who framed Makoto for King being shot. I wonder why he would turn on not only his friendship with Makoto but also the Red Angels to work with this outside group. What could they be offering him or what is motivating Isogai to do all this. I suppose this outside group wants control of Ikebukuro but damn this crazy way to go about it. Makoto mom being targeted this is going too far! Who could've gotten his phone and put that spy app on there. So many questions leading into the finale next week. I hope King and Makoto mom recover and that Makoto can figure all this out.
Dec 15, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Best episode of the series by far, and has made me quite hype for next week's conclusion. So much happened within one episode, and it's brilliant.

Dec 15, 2020 6:12 AM

Apr 2019
damn... battle between the gangs, so close to finding out whos been setting them up. stay safe makoto.

Dec 15, 2020 6:13 AM

Jul 2017
The final 2 episodes with the gang turf scuffles between the G-Boys and the Red Angels, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Even with the Ikebukuro Troubleshooter-cum-meditator Makoto roaming around, it's only between leaders Kyouichi and King that'll supplment their border conflict zones...but with bloodshed and lives being lost by the minute, not even Makoto is safe from this travesty, much less the police interrrupting their fated conflict. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE.

I'd already suspect the Kansai corporation is behind this mastermind of a setup, and the internal strifes between both gangs even affect their own families...there is no stopping this payback. Even turning into the police for "protection" is no consolation for Makoto, because every way is NO WAY OUT even at the slimest chance.

The last spurt to save them all...what is Makoto's decision to bring this uproar conflict to a close?
Dec 15, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2019
I enjoyed this episode, even though everyhing that happened was predictable.
Dec 15, 2020 7:07 AM
Sep 2015
Oh no! I hate when someone died, which is such a shame because IWGP was able to maintain its peacefulness until this episode.

Anyway, I think there'll be a twist. Everyone think the real culprit is Red Angel's no.2 Tomomi Isogai, but I also suspect the police officer Reiichirou Yokoyama. But whoever it is, he's sleeping with that old boss from Kobe, and it's likely that he's the bottom too! Though I don't know if he's straight or just gay-for-pay.
Dec 15, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
I wouldn't say it's the best but damn it is solid as its own. If the show would've taken the route early on, it'll be a more interesting and action-packed show (like Fugou Keiji did). Unfortunately, it's only two episodes left and this one escalated fast.

Looks like Tomomi and someone are the traitors and sets up Makoto for killing the King Takashi. Bcos of this, they have an excuse for putting the G-Boys & Red Angels on the long-awaited Ikebukuro gang war. Who knows how they'll end this, things will be crazy (or not) next week.
Dec 15, 2020 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
Scooby-doo characters chasing around like a headless chicken.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 15, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2020
Some chapters I didn't like, but this is definitely a good program. Great episode.
Dec 15, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2019
I swear every character other than Makoto and maybe Takashi have the IQ of a banana. It’s just too easy to provoke them.

I’m especially disappointed in Kyouichi. How can he be so dumb?

And what was that sudden yaoi moment lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 15, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2018
Pretty good episode. Finally the gang war is here! Poor Makoto was framed as the killer, big f moment there
Dec 15, 2020 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
I had to wait 10 weeks for it, but finally it is here what I was looking for. Best episode by far!

So not just King that gets shot, also Makoto's mum gets injured by a car D: Unforgiveable! Whoever is setting Makoto up is going to pay big time when he finds out. I honestly didn't expect it to be THAT guy though.
Dec 15, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2020
Well I was expecting the G-Boys and the Red Angels to go against each other however I did not know how it would go about.

Well, Makoto has been set and framed for killing Takashi and now is on the run from the G-Boys and probably the Red Angels.

The final episode next week, so excited to see how this event will end!

Good episode :)
Dec 15, 2020 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
all the characters became braindead all of a sudden
Dec 15, 2020 7:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats some nasty set-up. I believe, its involved the Kansai company that already mentioned at episode 9, then the first episode too. Was the man his brother, or any close relation to that red dark hair guy, its still unknown. But one thing sure, its a nasty set up that involved the troubleshooter, Makoto. How ironic, a troubleshooter got troubled because of the trouble that he wanted to solve. However, thats the plot. The gangs conflict always became the theme for this kind of show. So, its really understandable, if something like that shit was happening. Gladly, Makoto's mother and the king were still alive to told the truth. However, was that even possible? Makoto still had an ace card called the shadow. Prolly he might be getting help from him again. But, the first thing to do for Makoto is seeking the evidence for the real mastermind. It must be a long road to him. However, that poor kid seemed be good enough to be a start. So, lets see everything get handled in one episode ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 16, 2020 1:52 AM

Jun 2014
Have we finally gotten what was promised to us in the synopsis? Lol it only took until the second to last episode, but it's better than nothing I guess. So Makoto has been set up and of course not a single person wants to act with even a shred of rationality and try to hear him out. I know emotions are high but still. Also, that scene with Isogai laughing in the shower....was he fuggin that dude who was smoking on the bed? Lol, anyway Isogai is clearly sus and definitely played some part in orchestrating what's going on right now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 16, 2020 2:37 AM

Oct 2016
Isogai must be working for Donglong or something, it's nothing special but, for this show this was definitely the best episode so far. Honestly didn't expect Isogai to be working for someone else. G-boys always getting used by these third party organizations lmao.

Man, the people who hurt Makomom and Guo needs to d i e. Honestly kinda looking forward to the finale.
Dec 16, 2020 6:11 AM
Apr 2019
Anyone that isnt Makoto is a freaking idiot. They all have the intelligence of 3 brain cells that don't know how to think rationally. I can already tell this is going to be a rushed ending where Makoto will somehow fix everything because that's his only character trait.
Dec 16, 2020 6:03 PM

Jul 2017
wow finally the long awaited gang war that I thought was gonna be the focus based on the OP

Interesting turn of events how Makoto is being framed as the bad guy for causing this. Nothing really too spectacular about the mom and King being hospitalized, it's painfully obvious they'll come out perfectly fine in the end.

Biggest question is how exactly is the lord and saviour Makoto gonna end up fixing everything once again?
Dec 16, 2020 8:49 PM
Apr 2020
Takashi was shot! G-Boys vs Red Angels, Ikebukuro is in chaos! Didn't expect that bitch Isogai is one of the people behind this huge misunderstanding. He's surely the one who stabbed his fellow Red Angel member and drugged Mitsuki and shot Takashi. Even Makoto's mom was injured. Good thing Gou is there. Argh!

Episode 11, where's the romance tho? Is it between Makoto and Takashi? lol

Dec 16, 2020 10:21 PM

Nov 2019
I love how the show is progressing and throws in those twists about certain characters . I want to punch Isogai in his face.
Dec 17, 2020 11:43 AM
Apr 2015
Ao_Blue said:
Takashi was shot! G-Boys vs Red Angels, Ikebukuro is in chaos! Didn't expect that bitch Isogai is one of the people behind this huge misunderstanding. He's surely the one who stabbed his fellow Red Angel member and drugged Mitsuki and shot Takashi. Even Makoto's mom was injured. Good thing Gou is there. Argh!

Episode 11, where's the romance tho? Is it between Makoto and Takashi? lol

Romance part is makoto girlfrend in novel
Anime don't adapt her arc
Dec 17, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, they didn't even try to make it subtle regarding Isogai. Not with all those creepy smiles and evil laughs.

Though hella predictable, finally some proper gang wars like the ones the synopsis was establishing. Well... kinda. People in both G-Boys and Red Angels are so dumb, honestly. Like if they all share the same brain cell or something.
SouthRzVaDec 17, 2020 3:50 PM
Dec 17, 2020 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
Finally in the last two episodes we get to see the all out gang war with blood on the streets that was promised in the synopsis. And finally Gou showed up as a part of Makoto's family without just existing to convey an immigration PSA.

Unfortunately the person who died was never established to be particularly close to Makoto so his death was pretty lackluster in terms of impact. The set up of his betrayer being a friend is an interesting story though, even though it's extremely ham fisted.
Dec 17, 2020 8:28 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like everything all going down for Makoto huh...
Isogai you friggin' traitor...i wanna know what happens to you once you're busted!
5/5.

Dec 18, 2020 11:08 PM
Jun 2020
Sangat keren tpi kenapa si ishogi jdi jahat wkwkwk orang ber muka dua
Dec 29, 2020 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
Wow that was pathetic. They got into a conflict/fight so fast lmao
Dec 30, 2020 11:57 PM

Mar 2020
It was a great episode, in my opinion, even if it was predictable, it was done in a good way.
Jan 1, 2021 9:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What in the world...I didn't think Kyouichi was that dumb, but damn. I understand being the leader of a group and feeling responsible for your member's death, but they all thought that G-Boys would provoke them so openly like that with a crime? It should be obvious that someone was trying to stir things up, especially how the murder happened right before the territory talk was supposed to happen. Please use your brains. Both sides, too. They probably just want to fight in the end, lol. Have some excitement in their lives I guess...

I wonder how Makoto will solve this. No one's going to listen to him, so I'm guessing he's going to find Mitsuki first.

I like the other episodes better, lol. Sure it's finally time for some gang war, but it's dumb if it goes down like this. Funnily, I'm pretty sure this happens in real life anyways. People don't think and act purely on emotions. Still, I expected better of Kyouichi.
Jan 8, 2021 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Makoto gets set up by Isogai from the looks of it. Why though? That might be revealed in the next episode.
Jan 28, 2021 2:43 AM
Jan 2020
WoW. This is going to be interesting as a finale. I am happy that Takashi isn’t dead, I mean that’s what they made it look like. Mitsuki shot him, but there are chances he was on drugs or so. Red Angels and the G-Boys are going all out on each other and there is someone quietly being a bystander and witnessing all this. Who could this be? The final war and what Makoto does will decide the future of Ikebukoro.
Feb 25, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like I overestimated Kyouichi, I understand him being angry but I really thought he and most others would find it suspicious instead of immediately going into war. Situation looks pretty grimm for Makoto, with his good friend Takashi almost shot dead, his mother almost overrun and the gangs and police after him.

Aug 28, 2023 10:49 AM
Jul 2015
This is why never joined delinquent

Have stupid leader who only follow followers words without realising the backstaber

While the innocent kind one in delinquent got killed and used

Midman got set up 🤣🤣🤣

Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Dec 24, 2023 9:17 AM
Jul 2020
IKEBUKURO WA SAIKOU DA

More topics from this board

» I've heard the drama is a better adapatation of the novel. Are there any viewers of it out here ?

clomapni - Dec 22, 2020

6 by neonkirsche »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:52 PM

» live action IWGP

removed-user - Dec 8, 2019

17 by mdo7 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 22, 2020

77 by GTPROX01 »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2020

147 by Rithic »»
Aug 31, 2023 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2020

51 by senekohan »»
Aug 28, 2023 10:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.