Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally the much needed backstory of estelle, which was missinng in the manga.

Really tragic how the hishigata siblings got into the project and the younger sister even go as far as doing suicide to succeed, now we know how hishigata was before his sister did what she did he was pretty much normal sadly he got the madness into himself after what happened to his sister.

Not the least estelle is is the taking the whole blame going as far as getting captured and continuing the awful test and projects poor estelle cant catcha break.

Kudos to the director for creating such a engaging backstory. 👍🏽

Ps: no op and ed this week whole episode dedicated to estelle and villain hishigata backstory.
AcceleratorAngelAug 30, 2019 6:35 AM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 30, 2019 7:10 AM

Nov 2007
She was "asked" (mainly by that girl's cheerful and friendly personality) to be useful by providing her ability.

The girl who was able to use death doesn't know common sense, it seems.

Friendly girl aims to be level 6 (stronger than Acce.) for the lab guy?! They had friendly promise to be useful for her by support her when something happens.

He doesn't seem to be wanting his sister to be level 6 that much because he cares about her weak body. Younger sister committed suicide, so that her brother can make her level 6 quicker. That shocked lab guy.

So that girl's personality is weirder because her mind is revived from death, and lab guy is crazy because of shock of loss of his sister and betrayal of his lab friend. That friendly girl stole her ability for her plan, too, though. She might not be dead (so that she can use the card?)?

Sword is complete.

Written as 10031th Death and Reads as Memory of Death...
tsubasaloverAug 30, 2019 7:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2019 7:14 AM

Apr 2010
So this explains Estelle's personality i bit, tho her pasts seems messed up.
The question that remains is how she will solve the problems that where created in that experiment.
It was a informative episode.
Aug 30, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
About time they got us to understand more about Estelle in this show. Personally, I'm not a fan of her character in this franchise but whatever.

Given the context about the dark side of Academy City, I'm not too surprised by what was shown. It seems the idea of level 6 is still hot in this generation.
Aug 30, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2017
I'm really glad they are making so many changes and adding anime original scenes for stuff the manga lacked severely, including this welcomed flashback episode. Now we finally get to have a proper view on Esther's past, and I have to say I quite enjoyed the episode.

Aug 30, 2019 11:49 AM

May 2018
This episode was mostly anime original, the only chapter it adapted was chapter 22 (for comparison all the other episodes adapted 5 chapters).
But it was still very enjoyable, i guess J.C.Staff are good with anime original content (as we saw on Railgun second season filler arc).
Aug 30, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2018
Zedios said:
I'm really glad they are making so many changes and adding anime original scenes for stuff the manga lacked severely, including this welcomed flashback episode. Now we finally get to have a proper view on Esther's past, and I have to say I quite enjoyed the episode.

Wow i forgot about the Stripping Woman Urban Legend, thx for reminding me that.
Aug 30, 2019 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
This was an interesting episode. So we got to learn about how Estelle was involved in this "Level 6" project. An informative episode.

Aug 30, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2017
Rider9530 said:
Zedios said:

Hehe, it made me smile quite a bit. I'm definitely feeling the care and attention the staff has been putting into the series.
Aug 30, 2019 12:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm they sure collected some unusual gear when they hit that wall in their research. Still the insight into Estelle's first interactions with Hishigata was pretty interesting. Especially her relationship with Hirumi. Still have to say before her transformation Hirumi was quite the character. The events that transpired before the present day though sure was a tragic contrast though. Her dedication to her bro's aims sure was strong. If anything seeing Hirumi come back and casually sweep away the opposition to her bro in such a calm cheerful voice sure is chilling. Her seiyuu really is impressive. The twist in the end though was interesting and served to highlight the fact that Hirumi is the one thats really in control. Overall an excellent ep that while omitting accel entirely did well to instead focus on how Estelle, Hishigata and Hirumi met and the events that led to the present time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 12:50 PM

May 2018
Zedios said:
Rider9530 said:

Hehe, it made me smile quite a bit. I'm definitely feeling the care and attention the staff has been putting into the series.

now if only they could've done the same with index 3... i still enjoyed index 3 though.
Aug 30, 2019 2:47 PM

May 2015
An ok episode. No Accelerator made it a bit meh.

Shame there was no OP this episode or at least with the one I watched.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2019 4:16 PM
Apr 2016
I didn't get this episode at all. I'm not sure if it's because of the writing or because I'm dumb, but probably the latter.

Basically Hirumi was trying to become level 6 together with her brother; she because she was dying and he because ???
They summoned Esther to help them (how???) after trying many OOParts (?) that didn't help them. Esther came from ??? and brought her charms for reasons unknown.
It was revealed Hishigata researches where are esper abilities located by destryoing (?) random people's organs and because he can't do the same with heart etc. he uses robots (?) for something. And doesn't care about level 6 shift project at all.
Then there was revealed those "random people" are actually teenage girls in debt. After the experiment they all became broken and probably half dead (?), or something. I wonder why nobody cares, btw. Based on the one shown girl I would say her brain was forever gone.
Also it seems Esther became close with Hirumi in very very short time. Well whatever.
For some reason Hirumi wants to wound up as those half-dead chicks and when her brother discourages her from it she kills herself.
After her death she is put to the robot and she comes back (?) or maybe it's some evil spirit she ate before/after her death (?).
At the end I was completely lost; Hirumi starts to kill everyone, the other scientist comes wanting something (?) and is also killed, and then there's some talk about controlling corpses or whatnot for whatever reason.
Aug 30, 2019 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
I felt like back in Index S3 for a moment because I dont quite understand what was going on. So Esther who is called Adonai by the dead girl somehow wanted to help this shady organisation who already disposed of teenage girls after weird experiments even before Hirumi died and her brother went insane. Also something about the sister not actually being the sister but that evil spirit. Or not.
Also necromancy is actually quite useless for the project as it requires the subjects to be dead (duh) at which point nobody would care about their personality anyway and the robots could just control them. Huh. Why was necromancer girl even there? What has she done other than to provide the plot with a new device.
I hope this makes more sense next time.

No accelerator in the entire episode even though we all know he will just solo them next week. Huh.
Comander-07Aug 30, 2019 5:20 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 30, 2019 8:44 PM
Mar 2019
Ah, I’m kinda torn on this episode, because I’m kinda seeing it from two different perspectives. Perspective #1 positive. As others here have said, it gave a really nice background look at Esther, Hirumi, and Hishigata. Yeah some of the stuff was admittedly a bit confusing and hard to follow some of the logic, but ultimately it was an objectively good episode that served its purpose of nice background info. However, my perspective #2 is just a personal pet peeve. When I wait a whole week, practically dying of anticipation to see what happens next in the plot line.... and then I’m hit with a full episode of just background story? That just kinda bugs me tbh. Of course, it takes nothing away from the objective quality of this episode. I just sometimes subjectively wish that writers would find ways to work background info into the presently- evolving story, rather than take an entire episode (and thus an entire week) to divert from the plot line and delve into the past, because it’s almost like feeling blue- balled when you waited all week to see what happens next.

But still, good episode overall. Any negatives are just personal thoughts of mine, nothing more. I still think this Accel spin-off is leagues better than Index 3.
Aug 30, 2019 10:11 PM
Jul 2014
FINALLY some story stuff happens, they dragged out the fights from the previous episodes for way too long. But having to wait to ep8 for the backstory is probably way too late, could have been better they had better paced and shortened the fights so that this would be ep6 instead.
Aug 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Apr 2014
Comander-07 said:
I felt like back in Index S3 for a moment because I dont quite understand what was going on. So Esther who is called Adonai by the dead girl somehow wanted to help this shady organisation who already disposed of teenage girls after weird experiments even before Hirumi died and her brother went insane. Also something about the sister not actually being the sister but that evil spirit. Or not.
Also necromancy is actually quite useless for the project as it requires the subjects to be dead (duh) at which point nobody would care about their personality anyway and the robots could just control them. Huh. Why was necromancer girl even there? What has she done other than to provide the plot with a new device.

No accelerator in the entire episode even though we all know he will just solo them next week. Huh.

“In any case, the 8th Week's Reader's Corner!

• The animation department seems to have bounced back from an off week. No major mishaps that I could point my finger at, and consistency all around. This wasn't an action heavy episode either, so it's good to see that the situation seems better than in previous series. They've earned my trust.

• While I haven't read much of this manga, I've read enough Kamachi that his style has an impression on me, and so I can pretty much pinpoint the development of Esther from a clueless mechanical servant to a clueless emotional girl who tries her best. There's many traces of her personality maturing and evolving as she was forced to work under Hirumi (or the spirit?): her dropping the constant referring-to-self-in-third-person, which is generally a mark of immaturity, the diversifying of her emotional range from none to all of them - despite her saying that "a necromancer's life has a fair bit of tragedy involved, she now displays empathy and compassion towards pretty much everything (her bond with Hirumi definitely looks like one of the biggest catalysts for this) and a minor hairstyle change. She was, is, and always will be ridiculously adorable, though. The new art style managed to perfectly balance cuteness for cute characters and, well, Accelerator going bat shit. While I wouldn't want it to become the new standard for the franchise (I'm way too used to the current style), for this series in particular, I love it.

• Hishigata's honest-to-god disposition for work earlier in Esther's tenure working with him is another common trace of characters for Kamachi - no one is born an asshole. While this is mostly so he doesn't have to waste a perfectly good character by having to kill them since they are absolutely irredeemable, it also creates an interesting narrative that is very reminiscent of the theories of Jean-Jacques Rousseau: man is inherently good, however, external stimuli (in Hishigata's case, the trauma of having Hirumi off herself, or rather, allow herself to die) can cause them to turn evil. That's often the setting for villains in the series, and he's no different. To think he might have done all of this horrible stuff (plus the morally ambiguous experimentation that is pretty much standard for Level 6 research) over a fake spirit convincing him that it is in fact his deceased sister, and provoking a vector-manipulating mass of certain death to the point at which I'm not so sure it can be convinced to keep every one of his bones from becoming ash as well, is tragic in a way that allows for Mikihiko to be brought back, at least from some people's optics. Hell, Accelerator murdered 10,031 of the Sisters and there he is. That's always something to keep in mind.”

All credit goes to LegendRazgriz from reddit

Also why the weapon is named emperor shun dagger it has something to do with her chinese talisman u can look it up on wikipedia its a huge ancient mythology too long to explain.
-Accelerator-

Aug 31, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Wow so we got the backstory of Esther and her connection with Hirumi and Hishigata.,this was expanded in the anime.

Lot of information we got this episode.

And lol at Kiyama Harumi reference.
Arjuna777Aug 31, 2019 3:06 AM

Aug 31, 2019 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
JanPri said:
I didn't get this episode at all. I'm not sure if it's because of the writing or because I'm dumb, but probably the latter.

Basically Hirumi was trying to become level 6 together with her brother; she because she was dying and he because ???
They summoned Esther to help them (how???) after trying many OOParts (?) that didn't help them. Esther came from ??? and brought her charms for reasons unknown.
It was revealed Hishigata researches where are esper abilities located by destryoing (?) random people's organs and because he can't do the same with heart etc. he uses robots (?) for something. And doesn't care about level 6 shift project at all.
Then there was revealed those "random people" are actually teenage girls in debt. After the experiment they all became broken and probably half dead (?), or something. I wonder why nobody cares, btw. Based on the one shown girl I would say her brain was forever gone.
Also it seems Esther became close with Hirumi in very very short time. Well whatever.
For some reason Hirumi wants to wound up as those half-dead chicks and when her brother discourages her from it she kills herself.
After her death she is put to the robot and she comes back (?) or maybe it's some evil spirit she ate before/after her death (?).
At the end I was completely lost; Hirumi starts to kill everyone, the other scientist comes wanting something (?) and is also killed, and then there's some talk about controlling corpses or whatnot for whatever reason.

Basically the we dont know if or when hirumi started to get possessed by the talisman of esther but i think its fair enough to say the talisman started to possesing her when she died.
Hishigata knew that his sister was already ill he didnt knew how far the illness was, thats why he agreed to do those on the subjects so that he can have a surefire way for hirumi to get to lvl6 without any backlash or side syndrome, u can see it in his interactions with the glasses scientist that he wasnt all that into using the real bodies but he either way did it cause he knew hirumi didnt have long to live and was short on time.
Hirumi basically killed herself believing that esthelle is gonna help her achieve lvl 6 after her death with necromancy and cause she knew in her current sefl she wouldnt be much help to her nrother achieving lvl 6 even though she didnt know her brother did the whole experiment jus to save his sister u can clearly see it on his reaction when he saw her death he lost his sanity.
After her death they try to revive her with the robot using esthers abilities only thing thats gone wrong now the talisman that hirumi jacked fron esther before her suicide controlls her body with no more self awareness or the person that she was before, she started pressuring esther into not tellingr anyone that shes no longer hirumi, so that she can controll her brother better and do her evil thing.
Basically the robot where she was put in is the prototype of the robots we saw in earlier episodes, before it was used on humans to jack their their soul and see how far they can go wih the experimejt, thats why they called esther to stabilize the robot to create better results thats why it worked in the end with hirumi cause with esther and hishigata working together and putting hirumi bidy into robot while esther bounds the soul they were able to revive albeit the talisman jacked hirumi’s body.
Also to ur point they probably spend a bit longer time then we were shown together we can only guess how long but the thing is only with hirumi esther was able to make an emotional connection in a place where she didnt know anyone or anythingn else.
Also to ur point the girls that were used in the project were runaway girls or girls or were in debt basically someone who nobody cares when they disappear thats why no one bats an eye on the projects caus ethey used disposable human beings from the society.
-Accelerator-

Aug 31, 2019 5:43 AM
Jul 2019
It was okay, I like Esther's development as a character and Hirumi's motives were really shocking. Still Hishigata's persona seems to have changed a lot since his sister's death. Something tells me there will still be more flashback in the next episode. I was just hoping to see more Accelerator in his own solo anime, not everybody else...
Aug 31, 2019 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting a backstory episode after how last week's episode ended, but I will say that it was a good backstory that does explain more of Esther, Hishigata and Hirumi and their respective motives.

Still, the way that Hirumi took her own life for the sake of the experiment to succeed was on the extreme side of things, but in a way, she did get what she wanted. Her brother's personality looked a lot more relaxed and kinder, so his present wacko personality does make more sense now.

The episode did give me a good laugh early on when Esther was on the bridge, all frustrated, so she looked at the fountain below her and immediately stripped her top and trousers in a blink of an eye. At least Hirumi was there to take her to a local gym where Esther could relax in the shower room instead. I do like the nickname "Undresstress", though. XD
Aug 31, 2019 6:42 AM
Jul 2019
pacing slowed down quite a bit. Although they did manage to catch up quite a bit with the story
Aug 31, 2019 7:37 AM

Aug 2018
So that was a real 24 minutes content episode : no time for OP or ED lol

Let's say it was a preparation for the upcoming battle, I guess
Aug 31, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2018
Ooh at least we get a information
Damn and I really like this.
They story of the Toaru series, except Index III, never fails to disappoint me

Especially when Accelerator is involved so this is a godsent

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 31, 2019 9:30 AM

Nov 2018
I'm disappointed because no Accelerator in this episode but whatever. At least we finally have the backstory of Esther, so that's good.
Aug 31, 2019 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
At least we know where Esther came in and how Brother and Sister became involved with her. Level 6 is a pipe dream
Aug 31, 2019 3:10 PM

Sep 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
Comander-07 said:

“In any case, the 8th Week's Reader's Corner!

• The animation department seems to have bounced back from an off week. No major mishaps that I could point my finger at, and consistency all around. This wasn't an action heavy episode either, so it's good to see that the situation seems better than in previous series. They've earned my trust.

• While I haven't read much of this manga, I've read enough Kamachi that his style has an impression on me, and so I can pretty much pinpoint the development of Esther from a clueless mechanical servant to a clueless emotional girl who tries her best. There's many traces of her personality maturing and evolving as she was forced to work under Hirumi (or the spirit?): her dropping the constant referring-to-self-in-third-person, which is generally a mark of immaturity, the diversifying of her emotional range from none to all of them - despite her saying that "a necromancer's life has a fair bit of tragedy involved, she now displays empathy and compassion towards pretty much everything (her bond with Hirumi definitely looks like one of the biggest catalysts for this) and a minor hairstyle change. She was, is, and always will be ridiculously adorable, though. The new art style managed to perfectly balance cuteness for cute characters and, well, Accelerator going bat shit. While I wouldn't want it to become the new standard for the franchise (I'm way too used to the current style), for this series in particular, I love it.

• Hishigata's honest-to-god disposition for work earlier in Esther's tenure working with him is another common trace of characters for Kamachi - no one is born an asshole. While this is mostly so he doesn't have to waste a perfectly good character by having to kill them since they are absolutely irredeemable, it also creates an interesting narrative that is very reminiscent of the theories of Jean-Jacques Rousseau: man is inherently good, however, external stimuli (in Hishigata's case, the trauma of having Hirumi off herself, or rather, allow herself to die) can cause them to turn evil. That's often the setting for villains in the series, and he's no different. To think he might have done all of this horrible stuff (plus the morally ambiguous experimentation that is pretty much standard for Level 6 research) over a fake spirit convincing him that it is in fact his deceased sister, and provoking a vector-manipulating mass of certain death to the point at which I'm not so sure it can be convinced to keep every one of his bones from becoming ash as well, is tragic in a way that allows for Mikihiko to be brought back, at least from some people's optics. Hell, Accelerator murdered 10,031 of the Sisters and there he is. That's always something to keep in mind.”

All credit goes to LegendRazgriz from reddit

Also why the weapon is named emperor shun dagger it has something to do with her chinese talisman u can look it up on wikipedia its a huge ancient mythology too long to explain.
The problem here is that exactly the opposite of what happened. The basic story of science dude getting evil over his sisters death wasnt what we where shown. We where shown that he was already evil for what they did to some random girls (the mind break part wasnt long, but it was clearly shown to have happened before his sister died). And Esther wasnt forced to work there at first either. Also you can argue accelerator thought of them as nothing more than clones, which is true. Its not like he actually killed 10k people for fun. He killed clones with a set up personality.

It was a nice flashback episode to give the siblings characters more depth. But it didnt really explain much more.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 31, 2019 5:16 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was dark af
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 1, 2019 2:19 AM

Dec 2009
Mmmh, i wasn't really ready for a backstory ep, i wanted to see more Accelerator smash! But i'm not going to complain, it wasn't bad stuff.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 1, 2019 7:04 AM

Aug 2019
It was interesting to see the backstory, but I wasn't emotionally invested at all so when Hirumi 'died' I was like okayyy and?? (The video she left for her bro and Esther reminded me a lot of Zetsuen no Tempest, though obviously I was more emotionally invested in ZnT since the whole premise of the show was finding out how Aika died)

I tried to get into it, but I couldn't. I just don't get it, so there's this project that for some reason all 3 of them are in. Its to amp people up to Level 6s, and they're still lowkey bad people cause they're using innocent(?) girls for this experiment, but Esther for some reason is okay with this?? But not okay with the current situation in the present timeline? Anyway they weren't good people to begin with and Hishigata keeps saying its only a matter of time before everyone will be able to upgrade to Level 6 but Hirumi is so desperate to fulfil bro's dream, even though bro isn't even that desperate. What's going on?

Hirumi stole Esther's talisman but Esther is completely fine with that. Hirumi's dying but after using the talisman, the talisman dude says she might be alive. But even if she's alive, technically she's gonna die anyway but Esther's still desperate to save this dying girl so she hesitates. Why...?

I don't even know what talisman dude wants, he's like oh continue the research but why. What for. I don't get anything.
Sep 1, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
Was initially dismayed after realizing this would be a flashback episode, but it was actually interesting. Much needed backstory for Esther since she has been a flat character so far.

Didn't expect Hifumi to sacrifice her life to complete her brother's research and attain Level 6. That was unexpectedly dark. So is the spirit taking over her the strongest amongst Esther's collection? And how did she command it to take over her corpse when she's not a necromancer? So many questions.
Sep 1, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
Nice backstory of Esther. Interesting.

I'm looking forward to Accelerator fight the robots.
Sep 1, 2019 9:32 PM
Jan 2019
It will sound ugly, but I think Hirumi was a fool in making a decision like that and not telling the truth of her health.
So, now she is being controlled by the Taowu talisman?
I just wanted to eat ice cream like that 😅.
Sep 3, 2019 2:34 PM
Mar 2019
Shunsatsu said:
FINALLY some story stuff happens, they dragged out the fights from the previous episodes for way too long. But having to wait to ep8 for the backstory is probably way too late, could have been better they had better paced and shortened the fights so that this would be ep6 instead.

I sort of agree. My only point of contention would be that it’s questionable whether or not a purely background episode really counts as stuff “happening”, since technically it’s not really progressing the plot forward (so to speak). However, I absolutely agree with you that the previous few episodes dragged on their fights for too long. We had like a whole episode and a half of those random 4 assassin girls trying to kill Yomikawa, Esther, and that walking corpse girl (I forget her name). And that was *after* Antiskill and DA had already beaten the snot out of each other. I mean, ok.... but we’re watching this to see Accelerator and the others from the To Aru universe who we know and love. Other new side characters are fine, but when you wait a whole week and only see the new side characters.... it can kinda leave you feeling down. When you’re binging, it’s cool because you can go right into the next episode. But when you’re watching along in real- time, having to wait another week can be a bummer. Yeah it’s not the end of the world of course, but still. And that’s one of the reasons I’m also 50/50 on this background episode. It was a good episode objectively, but also didn’t really progress the plot. So, idk.

I just like seeing Accel, Last Order, and the Sisters lol. The whole Sisters Arc is probably my favorite thing in the whole To Aru franchise, so I really like the little times that they get explored or more fleshed out. I think it’s neat how they’re getting some attention in this series.

But anyways, I’m just not sure if watching random fight scenes between new side characters is necessarily up everyone’s alley from week to week. Some might like it, some might not. Especially when there’s already so much that can be done with the laundry- list of characters the franchise ALREADY has.
Sep 4, 2019 2:49 AM
Aug 2019
I can’t believe that this series is almost at an end now with just 4 more episodes left to go >_<
Sep 4, 2019 11:42 PM

Jun 2019
Good backstory of Esther. It's dark af.
Sep 5, 2019 3:00 AM

Apr 2018
Estelle had it hard. Her past is kinda messed up
Sep 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what a backstory! And now we don't know if Hirumi is alive or dead.

And Hirumi's brother doesn't know that it's not his sister anymore... and that's why he became so aggressive and started killing people etc.

Great episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2019 7:20 AM

Oct 2017
So the actual reason for all this mess is finally revealed, felt bad for hirumi.
Sep 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Aug 2017
I really liked the Railgun reference in this episode.

We have proper characterisation for Hishigata and Hirumi and Esther's relationship with Hirumi. Perhaps a bit late in the arc.
NurguburuSep 23, 2019 10:38 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2019 7:06 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to have some backstory. I actually feel a little sorry for the blonde guy for when he eventually finds out.

Also I really like Esther’s side braid.
May 5, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
That was a hell of a backstory, she killed herself because she knew she didn't have long to live, just to help out her brother.
Now how long until he finds out it's not actually her ... going to be brutal!
Aug 17, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2020
The past of nercromancer girl. Funny back stage but still this story has some weird part. Alright next issue is the fight, here we go.
Feb 27, 2021 5:01 PM

May 2017
Well imouto are always cute , no matter how boing boing they are
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 17, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
That was a lot of talking, but at least now we know the backstory.
Jun 7, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2020
So the evil brother wasn't always actually evil, in fact it was his sister, Hirumi, who wanted to live the pipe dream of attaining level 6. Goes without saying they couldn't achieve and then things happened.. but we know when that brother will find his sister actually isn't his "sister" anymore, things will get even more messy.

Esther isn't in green herself but atleast she's trying to put an end to the mess which started because of her mistake.
Jun 20, 2023 8:44 AM

Nov 2010
Those artifacts from the start made me read about them out of curiosity—a fascinating read about them. I wish I could find out what they were actually used for.

I thought Esther & Hirumi were sisters since they both have eye moles. I also thought that she was a necromancer like Esther. I wonder what Hirumi's esper ability is? Did they show it yet?

Interesting backstory. They were doing their own level six shift project. Level upping using bigger machines, aka coffins. The question is, is that really Hirumi? I think she was a good person, but under pressure due to lack of time and dying from sickness; that's why she had to resort to such means. I have a feeling Taowu is the enemy here. He took over Hirumi's body to manipulate everyone.
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Nov 2023
Level 6? I kind of think just redo the whole leveling system then you'll get a level 6
Apr 26, 12:01 AM
Apr 2024
Best ep so far. Was very good and kinda sad too.
Apr 26, 12:02 AM
Apr 2024
Best ep so far. Was very good and kinda sad too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

43 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.