Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the technology in their world never ceases me. Here we are with a machine talking to Accelerator while he's doing the work.

The dark side of the science just never stops working either. Once again, this season also deals with the Level 6 Shift project.
Sep 6, 2019 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like the plan of the bad guys succeeded but we have to wait for next week to find out.
It seems Hitomi was just using her bother tho like she was using pretty much everyone so it's a question how she will turn out ones she is completed.
Estelle stabbing the brother was a good thing tho
Sep 6, 2019 7:25 AM

Nov 2007
The sibling discussing about what they would like to do after they have succeeded, and sister seems not satisfied with what her brother suggests.

They let the security to attack Acce., who used one of the robots to follow them.

They already got memory of one of MISAKA whole moving. She wanted to fight along, but Acce. told her to go away and keep hating him.

He got transported and fighting against two robots w. MISAKA's ability. He defeated both of them.

The two caught up.

The sword to stop the spell? Too late though because lab guy got it for her.

Writes as Awakening, Reads as Catastrophe
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
This episode showed what a badass Accelerator is. He was able to defeat those two robots.

Seems like Estelle's short sword is the only thing that can stop Hitomi.

Sep 6, 2019 1:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ironic in that in the past Accel was killing the clones but now he's saving them. If anything Hishigata's brains and cunning really is quite the match for Accel's might. Shared teleportation was a novel idea. But to think that the 10031 deaths were used here of all places. As ever Accel's way of denying the enemy an advantage sure is over the top. Hmm while Hishigata was dealt a serious wound im curious whether Hirumi's accession was stopped in time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 1:13 PM
Aug 2019
Only 3 more episodes left to go now...Can’t believe just how fast it’s gone already! ^_^
Sep 6, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2019
Damn. Accelerator is so powerful. He created a freaking fire tornado while laughing and proceed to eliminate them.

Esther stabbing Hishigata is so good.

Great episode!
Sep 6, 2019 2:16 PM
Apr 2013
Man, this episode is so inconsistent. Accelerator gets hit even though he is supposedly unhittable, his 5 minute battery has been active for the complete episode (and half of the last), so he apparently switch to solar cells I suppose.
At least the story and characters stay kinda interesting. Looking forward to seeing how necromancer girl will react to stabbing someone. Jokes on me, won't be adressed because Pseudo Level 6 will awaken.
Sep 6, 2019 3:19 PM

May 2017
Play2X said:
Man, this episode is so inconsistent. Accelerator gets hit even though he is supposedly unhittable, his 5 minute battery has been active for the complete episode (and half of the last), so he apparently switch to solar cells I suppose.
At least the story and characters stay kinda interesting. Looking forward to seeing how necromancer girl will react to stabbing someone. Jokes on me, won't be adressed because Pseudo Level 6 will awaken.

Qiong Qi's Level 5 psychokinesis has been established to be able to mess with and bypass Accel's reflection since episode 3 and episode 7, so now that it got even more boosted up with the memories of the 10031 deaths, we shouldn't be surprised by it being able to hit Accelerator. Iirc, in the manga version of Episode 7, he compares the trick to Touma's Imagine Breaker.

As for the choker, it should have 15 minutes max of Esper mode not 5. Battery could be saved up by him being on Normal mode before having to manipulate vectors.
Sep 6, 2019 3:58 PM
Oct 2018
Play2X said:
Accel isnt that invicible. His power based on calculation, so anyone who can messed up with his vector calculation could bypass it. He can redirect it once he knows how it works.

For example kihara amata who knows accel personal reality can hit accel using kihara counter, matrial arts technique that dedicated to by pass accel redirection, despite he is just normal human (s2 index) or #2 kakine teitoku who can make materials that ignore physical laws. Qiong qi basicaly do the same thing as kihara does. Altough, isnt as perfect as kihara .
Inori_HatsuneSep 6, 2019 4:03 PM
Sep 6, 2019 6:32 PM

Apr 2013
"If you hook junk up to more junk, you are going to get junk" Accelerator doesn't dissapoint with his lines
10046 was cute, more cute than the Sisters ususally are, especially when she wanted to help Accelerator but realized she'd only be in the way and she showed her upset expression.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 6, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
There seems to be even more derpy face visuals than I remember this episode, the kind I expected from Index III. Either that or the previous episode was so dull I stopped paying attention to the point I forgot about them.

Really hoping Hirumi doesn't just go into a mech and have another mech fight.
Sep 6, 2019 8:47 PM

Aug 2018
Thank god Hirumi's process was completed, I really want to see this so-called level 6 fighting with Accelerator ! Shit's gonna epic very soon I guess
Sep 6, 2019 9:22 PM
Sep 2017
Does Accelerator has battery spare? He can fully fight the two robots after chasing them from night. If my memory is correct, I'm pretty sure in volume 12 old testament Accelerator said that there isn't any battery spare and he only tricked index to get away from him
Sep 6, 2019 9:46 PM

Mar 2018
Mhh the fights weren't as epic as previous once.. not bad tho

These whole relationships are SO fucked up.. That's what I love about accelerator haha

Don't really get why Esther just doesn't stab Hirumi too after she accidentally stabbed Hishigata.. But that's most likely so Accelerator needs to fight this so called level 6

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 7, 2019 2:01 AM

Jun 2019
The animation for the fire whirlwind was impressive!
Another solid episode.
Sep 7, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
This episode once again showed why Accelerator is the Boss.

Sep 7, 2019 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
Accelerator always does a great job when it comes to making episodes like these badass. His taunts and jibes at the robots were amusing and even though they're powered up, he still didn't seem too fazed at all.

Although this wasn't the best animated episode from this show so far, even though it was still good, J.C Staff did an excellent job with the animation for Accelerator's fire tornado. Very impressive. =)

As for Esther, she made one clanger by accidentally nudging the empty coffee can which gave her position away, so she made a desperate dash to try and stab Hirumi with her blade from Emperor Shun, to try and get the evil soul out of her body, but she was unsuccessful and she ended up stabbing Hishigata instead after a brief scuffle with him. However, he was satisfying to seeing him finally getting what he deserves, though.

Can't wait for the next episode. Hirumi at level 6 will be one formidable foe...
Sep 7, 2019 6:25 AM

Aug 2018
We need this kind of MC outsmarting the enemy to defeat it, not like the mc's we got in today's age which defeating enemy by gaining miracle powerups by shouting really loud and always have long speeches while fighting enemies lol

We need MC's like Accelerator
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 7, 2019 1:37 PM
Mar 2015
In the battle of evil laughs Accelerator will always get the last one
Sep 7, 2019 5:27 PM

Apr 2013
Accelerator is the type of main character that if he gets raided, he will chase.
Originally the generic main character would be getting raided will either cry or still fight and end getting nothing but despair.
Accelerator on the other hand brings the raiders despair and doesn't care about it's surroundings.
Sep 7, 2019 8:57 PM
Oct 2018
I think JC should invest more budget for this anime rather than to danmachi s2 & oka san online. Even with tight budget, this anime battle is more satisfying than fire force & danmachi s2.

If JC able bring railgun s2 or at least index s2 animation quality, this anime could become top 3 airing anime in this season. Accel battle is good, but lack high quality animation. I hope JC improve that aspect in next to aru instalment since railgun daihasesai arc & othinus arc had a lot of insane special effect scene.
Sep 7, 2019 9:06 PM
Feb 2016
WHAT F*CK WAS THIS EPISODE??????? THIS WAS -3 OUT 5 SERIOUSLY F THIS... THERE WAS A SCENE THAT WAS LITERALLY NO BACKGROUND!!!!!!
Sep 8, 2019 12:08 AM

Apr 2018
Accelarator managed to defeat those robots but the level 6 has been created. Curious how the battle will look like
Sep 8, 2019 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
I wonder how a level 6 would fair against Accelerator!?!?!
4/5.

Sep 9, 2019 12:06 AM
Jul 2016
So... How long can Accelerator's battery last?
Wasn't it like 15 min?
Sep 9, 2019 2:12 AM

Nov 2018
Accelerator proving once again that he is the most powerful Level 5. Accelerator is really smart, and only has half of his powers back after his surgery. He still manage to pull off insane moves even though this is his nerf state unlike that preachy level 0, his fights are so boring and predictable because you know what the outcome will be.

A level 6 Hirumi will be a formidable enemy for Accelerator.
Sep 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Dec 2014
well three episodes left...let's bear it a little longer
Sep 9, 2019 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
Accelerator is just unbeatable! But let's wait for the next episode ;) Harumi is a lvl 6 now so i wonder if he will get to 6 or will defeat her as lvl 5, but would be great to see him as a lvl 6!

Esther almost did it...
Next episode!!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 10, 2019 11:19 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Mostly satisfied with the episode. I too, however, am wondering how he's managed to make his battery last this long. That's been way more than fifteen minutes. xD;; This part of the arc is further than what I've read of the manga, too, so I'm going in blind now.
Sep 11, 2019 9:25 PM
Jan 2019
Esther, I could nail Harumi's dagger, but she's shocked. Well, at least the mad scientist, Hishigata, seems to die.
I was impressed by the spiral of fire that Accelerator made with his power, there are so many possibilities, no doubt, it is number 1.
To all this, what power will Hirumi have, but even if it is level 6, I don't think he defeats Accelerator even once, unless his battery runs out, hahaha.
Sep 14, 2019 7:23 AM

Oct 2017
Accelarator beat the crap out of them XD. Also Hirumi was so close there but nah she failed.
Sep 26, 2019 6:29 PM

Aug 2017
The animation was bad in some scenes but nevermind.

Accelarator managed to defeat those robots at least.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2019 9:39 PM

Dec 2013
Accelerator fighting the giant robots has gotten really boring at this stage.

I didn’t expect the blonde guy to get stabbed like that. RIP.
Dec 12, 2019 3:19 PM
Dec 2014
When you're Estelle and you literally have one job and you fudge it up. Sad times.
May 5, 2020 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
K1ngOfSloth said:
Don't really get why Esther just doesn't stab Hirumi too after she accidentally stabbed Hishigata.. But that's most likely so Accelerator needs to fight this so called level 6

Was asking the exact thing the moment she stabbed him, maybe she does believe it's actually too late since he was done with the transfer ... or just like you said, excuse to make Accelerator fight her ^^
Jul 19, 2021 8:12 AM

Apr 2013
As usual the science in this show makes absolutely no sense. So you put the experience of thousands of deaths into a machine and just like that its special attacks get enhanced? What? lol
Jun 7, 2023 1:54 PM

May 2020
Accelerator with his one-liners never disappoint. Though one thing certainly did, and it was the animation this episode. I couldn't make sense of that whole beating the big robos segment lol.

I'm not sure if Hirumi will wake up as a level 6 or something but no one can deny that blunder from Esther.. she just has to do stab trapped Hirumi with all the time in the world and she still failed.
Jun 20, 2023 9:35 AM

Nov 2010
I'm sure Mikihiko was aware all along that his sister was long dead. It's our sad reality; once someone dies, they are gone for good. Sigh. He just wants to finish what he & his sister started nonetheless. I'm curious if they actually attained "level six." In Railgun, Misaka, on her way to level six, looked like a godly being.

Decent fights. However, I wish the animation was as good as in Railgun.
As a Metalcore fan, I like the OST they used during the fights.
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Nov 2023
Hoping to see the samee thing in the real world
Mar 2, 9:56 AM
Aug 2016
Ooof the fight scenes are amazing in this episode! I keep liking accelerator more and more

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

47 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

43 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.