Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 11, 2019 6:28 PM
Jul 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
Axelucard said:
Why did they bring the kids to the hunt? That's just stupid

Several excuses, one truth - stupid writing.

I don't think so. I know some people who do the same.
Jul 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
It's father he looks "a bit" different now - Hahaha yeah just he's just a huge fkn dragon now

Also to people saying it was a quick turn around, she clearly says at the end she's only going to see and understand why the monsters have to die (ie her father)
SwizzeJul 11, 2019 7:31 PM
Jul 11, 2019 11:59 PM

Sep 2016
I really like Schaal's character design. Especially with the gun on her back carrying a luggage with both her hands and wearing like lolita clothing, it looks amazing.
Jul 12, 2019 12:33 AM
Jan 2019
Well, since I see that many compare this anime with Fairy Gone from last season, I have to say, that this anime, so far, has proven to be better than Fairy Gone. He has kept my attention every minute of the first and second episode, and I hope it continues like this. At the moment, the plot and the story are understandable.

It was a sad scene to see the dragon die, Nancy's father. Is not there a cure? :( Damn, I do not know whether to take Hank as the good guy or the bad guy in the series, he's like an antihero.
Jul 12, 2019 1:33 AM
Apr 2016
Momohime said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Several excuses, one truth - stupid writing.

I don't think so. I know some people who do the same.

We are talking about stupid people there. It just does not paint the father as a sharpest tool in the shed.
Re:formed
Jul 12, 2019 5:38 AM

Apr 2018
Hank could've just told Schaal to avoid misunderstandings. The pacing looks kinda fast for me
Jul 13, 2019 2:03 AM
Jan 2019
glassknuckles said:
I'll never get tired of revolver rifles lol

I'm gonna follow you until you pay me back for my bike, Ash Ketchum!

In all seriousness though, considering Schaal's dad didn't actually kill anyone, Hank killed him for the crime of not being a normal human. Schaal has a legitimate reason to be upset. It is really just a murder. Admittedly, he was undoubtedly going to kill someone eventually, but if he was alive, there is always hope for a cure.

He was eating cows and animals of neighbour farms
Jul 13, 2019 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
Akahiro said:

Anyone means human beings, not cows. He didn't kill any humans.
Jul 13, 2019 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad at all, this series is turning out quite nicely.
Jul 14, 2019 2:06 AM

Apr 2015
Really not bad.

But I'll rather use my limited time on other things.
Jul 14, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2015
Not a bad episode. Felt bad for the girl. Many people are saying that they are skipping parts in the anime which are in the manga thus, making the anime fast-paced. However, from an anime's point of view, it has a good plotline. My opinion might change when I get the chance to read the manga. But for now, it's a pretty lit anime.
Jul 15, 2019 7:48 AM
May 2014
I had serious doubts about the pacing of this series after the first episode, and that did absolutely nothing to resolve those doubts. Flashbacks with absolutely no framing device thrown in after a scene that was supposed to be emotional happened rather than before it (Daniel's death), Nancy going from "I'm going to kill you" to "Let's travel together" in all of one line of dialogue. Scenes that *might* have an impact are so short that there's no chance for anyone to react to them. Also, minor nitpick, but who the hell goes hunting and brings an entire orphanage of children with them ffs?

This is really bad, probably going to drop it.
Jul 15, 2019 7:49 AM
May 2014
phantomfandom said:
I've watch anime for decades but anime logic still amazed me.
You just kill my father so I'll travel with you!!!

Same, I literally laughed when that happened.
Jul 16, 2019 12:50 AM

Jul 2016
As rushed as the first episode. I didn't feel anything neither for Schaal, her father nor Danny due to the terrible pacing.

Regarding Schaal, she's... far from what I was expecting based on the PV. She was really annoying and her lack of common sense is something to be addressed as well. Such a shame, I really was hoping for a better written character.

Quite disappointing episode overall. This show's premise isn't something new but it was promising enough. Too bad the execution isn't at the same level.

P.S.: By the way, seeing a huge dragon hanging out with his daughter and some kids in such carefree way was so surreal it made me think I was watching a different show.
Jul 16, 2019 8:46 AM
Jan 2018
glassknuckles said:
Akahiro said:

Anyone means human beings, not cows. He didn't kill any humans.

technically not true he did kill humans .. but not innocent ones ...yet but he died before that could happen
Jul 16, 2019 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
We not gonna talk about the fact that the medic from tf2 is in this show?

Jul 16, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2016
Not a horrible show, I just don't care about any of the characters
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 20, 2019 11:23 AM

Jul 2008
The girl quickly changed her tune. Anyway I'm not surprised where she ended up, but how we git there surprised me.

I would have bet money the rest of the kids would have ended up dragon food.
Jul 20, 2019 9:28 PM
Mar 2012
Pacing slowed down to proper dev on Will & Schaal.
Instead of fire & pitchforks, villagers send kids to safety & put a bell to alert livestock. NPC's getting smart now.
Wouldn't mind a spinoff on Dragon dad & the Orphanage hijinks.
Importance of teatime
Hope Cain aint a 1D villain. Here Will was a great dad & Danny helpful son always for the village.
beautiful ED art pan
Jul 25, 2019 11:05 PM

Oct 2016
-I know the Japanese don't hunt as much as Americans, but did the hunting scene bother anyone else? That deer would have been gone a lot faster. They are very sensitive to sound and are very easily scared. Not to mention, the family wasn't exactly hiding.
-That scene where he returns as a dragon and plays with the kids was heartwarming in a weird way.
-Schaal's sudden shift from "kill this man no matter what" to "well, I'll go with him and see what's up" was pretty dumb.
-The interesting way of storytelling for the first couple of episodes reminds me of the Mangaka's other anime.

Aug 5, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2008
nightcrawlercyp said:
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent. And he did all because he was in love with that insane woman. I do not get why the girl wanted to go with him. It would have been better to keep firing at him.

No So far in what ive read so those are spoilers lol and what ive watched .I find schaal to be kinda tolerable. I dislike Cain Hank and Elaine and the (Northern Government as a whole tbf) Cain is obvious ... Hank is a self righteous enforcing of his own 'oath' (didn't see everyone saluting more like Hank pushing his own ideals on everyone else because well thats hank) and Elaine well she creates them.. and without discussing it with anyone besides Cain.. (why would you trust cain but not hank .. Hank the man who said lets kill anyone who goes out of control ourselves (himself more or less implied to be the big one doing it) Maybe have a chat let them figure something out but nahp just gonna shoot you best buddy but dont worry heres a hug because I love you. (they said pain free btw .. that looked kinda painful. She seems to have failed at more than one thing.
So the power of Manga/Anime Logic is strong here.

Aug 6, 2019 7:03 AM

Aug 2012
sirwence said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Am I the only one that hates the MC and wants him dead? Yes, some of them did some crimes but it was no reason to kill them and the dragon was innocent. And he did all because he was in love with that insane woman. I do not get why the girl wanted to go with him. It would have been better to keep firing at him.

No So far in what ive read so those are spoilers lol and what ive watched .I find schaal to be kinda tolerable. I dislike Cain Hank and Elaine and the (Northern Government as a whole tbf) Cain is obvious ... Hank is a self righteous enforcing of his own 'oath' (didn't see everyone saluting more like Hank pushing his own ideals on everyone else because well thats hank) and Elaine well she creates them.. and without discussing it with anyone besides Cain.. (why would you trust cain but not hank .. Hank the man who said lets kill anyone who goes out of control ourselves (himself more or less implied to be the big one doing it) Maybe have a chat let them figure something out but nahp just gonna shoot you best buddy but dont worry heres a hug because I love you. (they said pain free btw .. that looked kinda painful. She seems to have failed at more than one thing.
So the power of Manga/Anime Logic is strong here.

Maybe Cain was in love with her at some point. Anyway I dropped the series. I got tired of them trying to push ideas that make no sense on my throat
Sep 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2017
Ok wtf was that. First half was watchable but the second? nop.

The pacing went from 30% to 80% in just 10 minutes.

*Schaal look like an idiot and it was unintentionally hilarious.
*"You just kill my father so I'll travel with you".
*The whole misunderstanding could be avoided if the characters just talk for a minute.
*This was in the first half: they could do a better scene with the dragon just ate the kids rather than some cows off-screen.

That was a major stepdown from the first episode.
NurguburuSep 1, 2019 5:54 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
Hadnt the war over?

Also, she's just going like that with the guy who just killed her father? lol
Jan 3, 2020 4:38 PM
Apr 2018
Mythologically said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. He did not kill humans
2. It is not proved he killed the livestock. It was just a supposition. It is possible the wonderful captain Hank did this.
3. I do not believe in condemning someone to death for a crime he has not yet committed but which he might commit
4. You say they lose control but is only what the crazy chick said. Is clear she does not really understand what is going on. The process brings out someone's inner darkness and materializes it as their physical form. Yet in some cases there is not enough darkness to cause the person to become a killer. This is what happened in the case of the dragon. At least that is how I see it.
5. I did watch the 2 episodes aired so far. Not sure why you said I did not watch it.
6. Even if they are all killers Hank does not have the right to kill them. He is even a bigger monster than them.

I have the bad habit not believing anything someone says without any proof just because they have a lab coat. Just because the crazy chick said it does not make it true. Also to all rules there are exceptions.

Doesn't matter that he didn't kill any humans lol. Do you go to the dentist after your teeth have rotted? The whole premise of the show is that the beasts lose control and go berserk.

Point 2 is just absurd lol. Dragon man clearly went berserk when his eyes lit up and he screamed. He's clearly the one who killed the livestock. "But it's possible that this happened!" is a ridiculous argument since it's possible for literally anything to happen. When you can't find your keys, it's possible that someone broke into your house without you noticing and stole them. Or you could've just misplaced them.

I think you should really reconsider what you write on forums before you post it.
Because what you just wrote made you sound like a supporter of a totalitarian regime (like the nazis) who imprisoned and killed everyone they didn't like or who does not fit in their beliefs.k

It was pretty common to have a whole court processes without any trace of solid evidence, rumors speculations and appearance were enough to get you sentenced for life.y

To summ it up you are politically complete right winged or your just an idiot (perhaps both).s
Feb 2, 2020 3:10 AM

Jul 2015
Still pretty sad for those soldiers to lose control even though they once had a good motivation that somehow turned bad such as Danny wanting to help his village turned into a monster that would kill and steal in order to help his village

Would have liked it if they showed part of the encounter and battle between Hank and Will instead of going directly to the aftermath

Aug 13, 2020 8:39 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
WOW THAT IS SOMETHING AMAZING !!!!! UNDERRATED SHOW HERE @_@
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 13, 2020 8:58 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OMG I am seriously watching this right after Vinland Saga. SOME GOOD SIMILARITIES AND REVENGE THEME UNDER THEIR OWN PLOT! WHAT A GOOD TIMING! XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 7, 2022 11:40 PM
Nov 2022
He could have taken another ep or two to actually get over wtf just occurred
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

79 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.