Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2017 3:10 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I've never been too fond of Benten, so I'm really glad that someone is around that doesn't seem to be below her in a certain sense.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 2, 2017 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
Oh the girl i hate but most people love is back >_> That episode ended too fast, well like any other. Like others said felt like 5 mins.
That was good to see grandma and the whole family of tanuki. Didn't know it was that big, keep in mind its only 1 family.
May 10, 2017 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
windeen-windy said:
Anyone know what form grandma tanuki was in? Looked like a moth body without wings, to me.... Was she suppose yo look like a grey tanuki, or something? No matter how I look at her, she still looks like a fuzzy moth body, to me.....

I've been trying to figure that out as well. Still, I find her to be so fluffy and adorable!
May 10, 2017 11:45 PM

Nov 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
windeen-windy said:
Anyone know what form grandma tanuki was in? Looked like a moth body without wings, to me.... Was she suppose yo look like a grey tanuki, or something? No matter how I look at her, she still looks like a fuzzy moth body, to me.....

I've been trying to figure that out as well. Still, I find her to be so fluffy and adorable!

Yeah, do Tanuki who've passed a certain old age evolve into a different form or something?
May 24, 2017 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
Nice to see Benten get btfo!
Jun 4, 2017 12:01 AM

May 2015
The first ten minutes was trippy af. Am I the only one who thinks Yasaburo's MILFish mother sexier than Benten?
IshitatesoJun 4, 2017 12:04 AM
Jun 5, 2017 6:23 AM

Oct 2012
How did he even grab the moon?
Well... that was pretty fast appearance
I was expecting for episode 6 or later

Inoue Kikuko always have a MILF chara xD

Uh oh
Nidaime is pretty savage to her.. I guess we'll see something explode in the next episode xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 13, 2017 11:23 PM

Aug 2012
-in all this excitement (and my lack of knowledge about guns) i totally forgot the nidaime dude was looking for a gun
-yasaburo's a snitch
-pls no, no more benten, pls
-*puke*
-dis bitch is fukin crazy
-BRUH
-as much as i can't stand benten, the song that played on their walk to akadama was pretty chill
-man these subs didn't even translate the pun, and i didn't even notice the takenoko/tsuchinoko thing until this episode. now that one conversation in the first episode all makes sense
-dang look at that fur texturing
-there's like a certain gentleness over the entire scene where yasaburo meets up with his grandmother
-flashbacks to 5 seconds ago
-first thing that came into my mind during that rooftop segment was "i would probably watch the first episode of a competitive ironing anime"
-for a guy that doesn't like being indebted to anyone this guy sure is making it hard for himself to do hat
-*puke* fuk u benten
-nice tablecloth
-wait
-BOI
-HE
-BOUTTA
-DO
-IT

First and foremost, Nidaime has won my heart over with that outright shameless display of selfishness at the end. I still can't remember just why I hated Benten from season 1, but I muster it to have been from that goddamn arrogant air around her. From episodes 1 and 2 of this season, I would have preferred for Benten not to make an appearance at all, but things could turn out pretty interestingly with Nidaime showing some backbone and actually standing up to that smug asshole. Everything else about the episode just felt like the setup to the rest of the series, so I can't really comment on anything else until things start exploding and colliding with each other. Even on episode 3, season 2 seems to still contain the same charm of the first season, which is a pretty good sign.
Nov 13, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
Finally someone gives Benten a taste of her own medicine. I was tired of her doing as she pleased, but the show makes us want to be on her side for whatever reason.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 16, 2017 6:01 PM

May 2012
Decent episode, the interest level is still a bit low for me. But well let's see what's next.
Dec 7, 2017 6:03 AM

Mar 2015
Benten returns! And oh wow the way she was shoved off the chaise was hilarious!! Finally, someone who will stand up to her lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 2020 12:00 AM

May 2016
I smell a really bad storm, no matter what throwing a lady out of a chair is really
not a thing you should do and Nidaime sure gonna get in a lot of troubles because of
it, and he just showed that he cares for nothing but himself above everyone else.

Aug 4, 2020 3:47 PM

Nov 2016
Nidaime is something else and that after the Benten hype at the beginning xD

Another highlight was the segment with the grandmother segment. So sweet and melancholic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2021 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
He just straight up dumped her out of it, I like this guy lmfao.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 23, 2022 1:55 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
I'm sorry Benten, but you're acting like a total b*tch here.

Oddly satisfying to watch her getting yeet

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Feb 2, 2023 1:58 AM

Jan 2021
"So father went out to catch a tsuchinoko, but caught your heart instead." heeey, Yasaburouuuu~ hahahah.

Grandma is a wise and graceful person, she has so much wisdom and wonderful thoughts... I love when she talked about looking at the clear water, the green leaves or the sunlight. Truly a grandmother :) "so you're living happily?" what a warm question for her daughter. (because as we all know, Shimogamo mama had to raise her four aho sons all by herself)

It was honestly refreshing to see someone who against or didn't submit to Benten. Usually they would either be scared or attracted to Benten, but Nidaime just dropped her to the floor without any hesitation lol. I hope neither Benten nor Nidaime fall in love with each other, because that would feel like nonsense.

May 12, 6:19 AM

May 2021
Didn’t expect benten to just casually deflect a bullet
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

49 by Karva1 »»
May 12, 7:01 AM

» Why this show is still overrated?

Misanthropian - Apr 25, 2017

45 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

113 by Atavistic »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

51 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

46 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.