Edit Anime Information

Type: TV
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 3, 2017 to 2018
Premiered: Fall 2017
Broadcast: Tuesdays at 18:25 (JST)
Licensors: Funimation
Studios: Studio Pierrot
Source: Manga
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Jushiwo (All reviews)
Hello fellow readers , i was surprised by the fact that all fair or negatives reviews about this anime got brutally deleted in November.

Why does the best 2017 Shonen need this much censor ?

We are here to discuss freely about how we viewers feel about it . We are not disrespectful regarding the staff or everybody who put their heart and efforts into this project. The main problems for the western audience are still :

- Asta Voice Acting
- Overused shonen cliché

Hopefully the DUB version is good and fit perfectly our sensibility.And if you are shonen lover , you dont really mind how read more
ThatGirlOtaku (All reviews)
The term "Cliche" is common when talking about a lot of anime.

In the world of anime, this term is common with several Ecchi shows, harems, and tons of other shows. People tend to attempt to leech off other show's success, and this show is a result of that.

As of now, Black Clover's MAL rating is around a 6.7/10. Honestly, I can see why. This show uses so many tropes, and it constantly being bashed on for ripping off many popular shounen series, with it mostly being compared to Naruto. Nonetheless, there is some enjoyability in the series.

And now, let's get onto the review!

Plot - 6/10

The read more
ssjomer23 (All reviews)
I think this anime is good, and will be of great success in the future. The manga was very decently made and the storyline is pretty good.

Story: 9/10
Art: 10/10
Sound: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
OVERALL: 10/10

This anime also has a solid animation, great background artworks. Don't go for the reviews saying it isn't a good anime, they're probably shtupped in the head. Like give this anime some time, let some main story begin, let the plot kick in. Seriously. Also people say it's copying other anime, well it's similar but it's not 'copying'.
Also the animation at few points, like when Asta is attacking, it goes uncolored, which read more
Nov 21, 2017
CrispiestBacon (All reviews)
Its a shame that this adaption turned out the way it did. Asta is pretty off the walls in the manga too, but the voice acting is just dreadful, its like dragging nails against a chalk board. It replays the same old formula that every other shounen does, but the story itself is pretty good.

Overall, the deal breaker for me in this is the voice acting. It feels like work trying to watch this. I can handle one screaming character, but now there are two of them.

I think I'll just stick to the manga for now, and if you're also dissatisfied, read more
Nov 21, 2017
HorusHonsou (All reviews)
The anime is pretty decent, story has a nice build up so far. The rules of the world are explained enough that you get it but that there is still some mystery.

but the voice of asta, o boy where to begin...

i'm a great fan of this anime and although the constant yelling is getting anoying i still have high hopes.

The story is moving at a steady pace, some mystery sprinkeled along the adventure to keep you hooked.

The animation is pretty much top notch, not a 10 but a solid 8. there are many fun and interesting characters but bordering on cliche. (still fun)

My read more