MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ask all questions here! (please read top of first post before posting) FAQ available too!
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Shishio's Custom Lists & Profiles (with layouts, tutorials, and more!) AUGUST CARD FESTIVAL! PERSONALIZED TCG CARDS ARE BACK! »» Ask all questions here! (please read top of first post before posting) FAQ available too!

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (110) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
04-15-10, 12:46 AM

Read before posting questions pls

For lists: see if one of my list tutorials answers your question first.

For profiles and sigs check profile and BBcode tutorials for a topic on your question before asking here.

For making or customizing your own images- like resizing images on your computer, making wallpapers, etc- check the graphic design section to see if your question is covered there.

If you aren't able to find what you need with those topics you may ask in this topic. Just keep in mind we use MyAnimeList's Advanced Style CSS editor for lists not the default (see bottom of post if you don't know what this is). And take your list off private settings so we can actually inspect it. You can take your list off private here.

btw here are popular questions answered below, yours may be among them!

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

* I make changes to my list, but I don't see them when I'm logged in. What do I do?

* How can I make sure I am using Advanced Style CSS Editor?

* I already know how to use CSS. So where do I add the codes or a premade layout CSS??

* I've set a layout to my Anime List. How to set a layout to my Manga List?

* I'm looking for a CSS code to a specific part, but I don't know what it is. What do I do?

* A certain code or add-on isn't working on my list. What do I do?

* Some of the DVD or manga covers aren't showing up on my list, how do I display them all?

* A background image I installed is missing from my layout all of a sudden (it says this image has been moved or deleted, or something like that), or the layout is suddenly messed up when I didn't do anything. What do I do?

* Is there a way I can look at my list on a different screen size?

* My list is lagging (loading slow), what can I do?

* Is there a way to use CSS codes on profiles, groups or clubs?

* My list is long, so can I fix my category buttons to my page without scrolling back up to click them every time?

Policy FAQs including rules and info for banned members

Keep in mind, we only use Advanced Style CSS editor for lists in this club!
You're welcome to use the FAQs or ask what you want here, but remember ppl who answer questions use premade layouts and customized CSS- we don't use these options outlined in red:

You can still post your question here tho but keep this in mind please!

Use my beginner's tutorial so you can begin to use the Advanced CSS Editor too! I make it very easy and it takes only minutes!
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320
Modified by Shishio-kun, 04-28-13, 7:18 AM

04-22-10, 10:23 PM

Hey Shishio, I have a question

Would the sidebar work for MAL? I've noticed that you have a sidebar on your menu list on your profile, would that work for the anime lists? I am having troubles with the CSS coding, and wanting to put a menu list like the "restaurants" menu...what I am picturing is like having it be the screen and click on the links to take you there.
Modified by Timare, 04-23-10, 8:10 PM

04-24-10, 10:51 AM

The Neko menu on my profile? Its made with BBcode in the edit profile box, there's no CSS involved there:

http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=bbcode

The anime/manga list doesn't use BBcode. The forums and profiles do. If you want to do something like that for the anime list, I guess you'd have to use the fixed category menu thing I made, and fix those on the left/right side. Are these the links you wanna use? I can't think of many others available. I can help get you started on a menu like that, esp since I was going to use it for my contest layout anyhow.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=202010&show=0#post1

04-24-10, 9:30 PM

Yeah, I already made the image that I wanted to use for a menu list :) and the font-family that I would be using just don't know how to put the CSS on there. Wanting to try it out for the theme css layout I've been working on. =)

05-02-10, 12:57 PM

Uh, how should I change the menu list to come to the left side? The way you made the bottom menu list is alright but its getting me confused of where to remove it and replace it with the fixed left-sidebar.

05-06-10, 7:20 PM

I have to get back to you on that later, I have to make it positioned on the left and change a few things around- but then we'll have a left side menu!

05-06-10, 11:59 PM

Okay =) I've also notice that its not fixed on Internet Explorer only on Google Chrome and Firefox haven't tried Opera yet on the school computers.

05-07-10, 7:04 PM

I need to fix it for IE? I had fixed it for Chrome, guess it went back and messed up in IE lol. Thanks for telling me. I kind of avoid IE cuz its so glitchy. If you are planning to be one in any way even casually you will deal with it as well on sites, everything. Its so annoying there's petitions to remove it from the internet.

05-07-10, 8:08 PM

Maybe, there are people that still uses IE. Your welcome =), I don't use IE anymore and haven't dared to look on Opera "yet". Was supposed to do that today in Web Design guess I got carried away of wanting to fix my teacher's website.
Modified by Timare, 05-08-10, 7:37 PM

05-10-10, 12:04 AM

I looked at it in IE, the bottom menu on the full K-on! layout works fine. Maybe they're using an older version? I use IE7 or 8 on Windows XP.

Yes, mostly computer noobs and older people use IE. On this site I think its mostly Firefox users.

Browser statistics: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

05-10-10, 1:38 PM

Probably, everything was fine on Opera. I wonder why they didn't give into the Chrome empire yet. =P

05-28-10, 1:57 PM

Shishio, is there a specific code for the background:url()? I'm asking because I'm trying to put a different color scheme with a different picture for each page. When I did, the background code did not work at all the body background was still over the picture and there were bits of the image showing but it was showing in the header section. I'll work on this on the weekends, might have put the code in the wrong section. Do you have any suggestions of what I should put?

06-09-10, 12:36 PM

Oh I like the image on the right side! Hmm I don't really see what you mean for now, do you mean for everytime you click a list category, you get a different background, kind of like on my anime list with the different Mios? I don't know how to assign individual body for each separate category with CSS here, but you can assign different headings for each category and make that the background actually. Is that what you'd want?

Why don't you make sort of fake examples of what you're trying to do so I can get an idea of your goal? That's what I always do when I asked people about hard stuff.

06-09-10, 9:57 PM

Oki, I'll try to do fake examples right after school gets out....I have never once payed attention to any lessons go me accept thats the bad part been out of it and might need some thinking time. Yeah, I was going to get on that last weekend never gotten to do it because of our Basement Troll who steals our internet =.=. I was gonna do a color code same texture with a different pic for that specific page. Summer Vacation is coming along fast so I may have free time to do that :D.

Btw, have you checked out DeviantArt css rules? I was disappointed in that. They made the css for "Premium Members only" its laughable I never seen a site that is getting money off of that. Might make a journal skin after MAL list is done though.

http://news.deviantart.com/article/79925/?loggedin=1&offset=250#comments

The very last comment was by me Flowina. That is wasteful money...

07-22-10, 1:25 PM

Hey guys...i need some help >.<. I want to move my list to the left so the wallpaper looks better. I read the topic, i tried to add that code but the only thing that happened was that the list went to the left. Backround wallpaper dissapeared, colors changed etc etc. I suck at CSS and i dont have much patience ><.

Wat do?

07-26-10, 8:28 PM

Nagashi said:
Hey guys...i need some help >.<. I want to move my list to the left so the wallpaper looks better. I read the topic, i tried to add that code but the only thing that happened was that the list went to the left. Backround wallpaper dissapeared, colors changed etc etc. I suck at CSS and i dont have much patience ><.

Wat do?

The best advice I should give, is play around with your code until you get what you want. I can make the code for you though or share mine at least as long as you change the background. The one I have right now has a left side.

But before all that sharing talk...have you look at Shishio's previous CSS layouts? There should be two layouts that has a left side instead of the middle or right.

go Here look for the ones that says beginner layouts!

07-27-10, 3:09 PM

Sishio-kun thanks for everything.Thanks to you my anime list got better.But pls can someone tell me how to erase this or change it?

http://a.imageshack.us/img251/7575/asdavy.jpg

07-27-10, 3:09 PM

Sishio-kun thanks for everything.Thanks to you my anime list got better.But pls can someone tell me how to erase this or change it?

07-28-10, 6:59 PM

what are some other curser codes?
is their a site for css curser codes that wont give me viruses
is there a way to hide your clubs?
Modified by mysterygirl177, 07-29-10, 6:01 PM

08-01-10, 5:23 PM

SineBirYan said:

I don't see what the problem is, though it should be on your coding. If your talking about moving the links to the bottom then you can find the code Here. If its about color coding you can always play around with the code you are using. Heres an example of what I do when I want to change the color:

1. Use the color code you want
2. Then save the current color codes you already have on a document if you don't want to re-find it.
3. After all that, play around with the color code only on the color coding part, you would probably take 15-30 minutes of doing so.

You'll be frustrated yes I know but in the end you'll be happy with the results. =) If this does not work, I'll be happy to fix your category code with the color you want it to be.

mysterygirl177 said:
what are some other curser codes?
is their a site for css curser codes that wont give me viruses
is there a way to hide your clubs?

Hmm...you know you could always replace the miku curser ^^

No, all the cursers sites should be viruses free if your unsure about it then have a quick scan to check for viruses.

The only CSS involvement is on your Anime/Manga list only. You cannot change anything on your profile.
Modified by Timare, 08-01-10, 5:27 PM

Pages (110) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices