Forums

[CSS - CLASSIC] All top bar mods for your list with animated previews

New
Jun 4, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
Restored and moved here:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2130658&msgid=70174372

Shishio-kunNov 19, 2023 5:24 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2012 11:04 PM

Feb 2010
Credits

Icon topbar (black) originally made by Kyouhansha.
Redux topbar originally made by Veriti.
Clean topbar originally made by Luxiamimi (now goes by ReMinoer).
Space topbar originally made by Tansam12 (afaik).
Opal topbar originally made by Kezian (afaik).
Vertical, Tab, Bottom Tab, Cross, and Mirrai Nikki topbars originally made by Hahaido.

Category menu for Icon topbars coded by Al_exs.

Touhou Icon topbar reskinned by Shishio-kun.
SAO, Shura, and Ranka Lee Icon topbars reskinned by SylakentH.
Multi-color, bright pink, turqouise, red, and blue Icon topbars (with white border) colored by TheHolyPotato.
Blue Icon topbar (without white border) colored by SylakentH.
Dark pink Icon topbar colored by PinkSheep.

"Customizable" Icon and Redux topbars edited heavily by Shishio-kun (me), with help from Veriti. I also edited the Clean, Space, and Opal topbars to allow them use on more list types.

Shishio-kunMar 7, 2015 8:21 AM
Jun 4, 2012 11:48 PM

Apr 2012
Shishio-kun said:
Might be better to move the image codes to the top with notes, if there is enough interest.

Well, thats the other way, more simple and foolproof.
Jun 5, 2012 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
Is there no way to fix this top-bar's compatibility with other browsers beside Friefox?
Jun 5, 2012 7:47 PM

Feb 2010
BenuSama said:
Is there no way to fix this top-bar's compatibility with other browsers beside Friefox?

It works in all 4 major browsers from what I see. You're probably using a out-dated browser, so update it first..
Shishio-kunJun 5, 2012 8:14 PM
Jun 6, 2012 4:28 AM

Aug 2007
Shishio-kun said:
BenuSama said:

It works in all 4 major browsers from what I see. You're probably using a out-dated browser, so update it first..

Ummmm, I just checked, and all of my browsers are up to date.
Here is a comparison between the browsers:
http://i.imgur.com/IxMz6.jpg

I asked some friends and they said it shows them the same thing on their browsers.
Do you have any idea why it happens?
Jun 6, 2012 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
I don't see any problem on your screenshot ... It just displays less information when you're not logged in.
Jun 6, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2007
u531355 said:
I don't see any problem on your screenshot ... It just displays less information when you're not logged in.

Oh... You're right.
That was silly of me.
BenuSamaJun 6, 2012 11:05 AM
Jun 6, 2012 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
Shishio-kun said:
There were some browsers issues with your menu button for the icon toolbar in other browsers, so if you're happen to be working on it, you might want to look at the changes I added. The first one is to remove something from Safari and the other two make adjustments in IE9 which is such a broken browser. IE looks a little different but close enough and its always broken so its not worth looking into much.

@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0){
div > table:first-of-type{
height: 0px !important;
}
}

:root div > table:first-of-type {
right: 68px \0/;
}

:root div > table:first-of-type a {
margin-left: 60px \0/;
}

This fix some issues, but IE is IE, and as always can't show this well.
Jun 6, 2012 11:17 PM

Feb 2010
al_exs said:
Shishio-kun said:
There were some browsers issues with your menu button for the icon toolbar in other browsers, so if you're happen to be working on it, you might want to look at the changes I added. The first one is to remove something from Safari and the other two make adjustments in IE9 which is such a broken browser. IE looks a little different but close enough and its always broken so its not worth looking into much.

@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0){
div > table:first-of-type{
height: 0px !important;
}
}

:root div > table:first-of-type {
right: 68px /;
}

:root div > table:first-of-type a {
margin-left: 60px /;
}

This fix some issues, but IE is IE, and as always can't show this well.

Oh this was already in the category imports. I gave it to you personally too since it was your menu button and wanted to save your trouble if you planned on doing the browser adjustment.

And yeah IE is trash even when they try to rip off Chrome for IE9
May 19, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2012
I'd like to represent my top bar menu design:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589179
May 19, 2013 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
I'd like to represent my top bar menu design:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=589179

Cool thank you. I'll get all the new icon bars that came out over the last year organized into one topic eventually. There's so much to update now!
Jun 2, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Hey I was trying to change some of the coding in the the fixed position with category menu version of the grey icon-style top bar to get it so it was positioned on the left side, however I couldn't get it to work properly, you wouldn't be able to help would you?... Anyone?...
Jun 2, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 2012
The bright pink, cerulean, and blue with white border were re colored by me. SylakentH_ did the blue without border :)
Jun 2, 2013 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
I recolored the dark pink one owo
Jun 2, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Does that mean one of you guys would know what to change to have it positioned on the left side then or?
Jun 2, 2013 4:24 PM

Feb 2010
TheHolyPotato said:
The bright pink, cerulean, and blue with white border were re colored by me. SylakentH_ did the blue without border :)

Ok I ripped them anyways from your layouts and was gonna ask you later if you knew where you got them; saved me the trouble lol.

PinkSheep said:
I recolored the dark pink one owo

Good job, I got your credit in there.

GarlicPaste said:
Does that mean one of you guys would know what to change to have it positioned on the left side then or?

Yeah I can look into that when I'm done updating this topic and the other ones on top bars so they match up.
Jun 2, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Ok that would be great, thanks
Jun 17, 2013 4:19 PM

Feb 2010
Jun 29, 2013 11:58 AM

Feb 2013
Hi I was trying to do the Black/grey icon-style top bar (8 versions) with the Fixed on left with Category menu, but on my page, the menu button is in the middle and when I hover my mouse over it it moves to back to the left where it's supposed to be. Any ideo on how to fix it? My page is http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gwabanaba
Jun 29, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2010
Gwabanaba said:
Hi I was trying to do the Black/grey icon-style top bar (8 versions) with the Fixed on left with Category menu, but on my page, the menu button is in the middle and when I hover my mouse over it it moves to back to the left where it's supposed to be. Any ideo on how to fix it? My page is http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gwabanaba

Find

#list_surround

change margin:auto; to margin: inherit
Jun 29, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:

Find

#list_surround

Thanks that worked, but also one more thing, the menu button does a weird swoosh and also switches to search instead, how do I fix that lol
Jun 29, 2013 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:

Find

#list_surround

Thanks that worked, but also one more thing, the menu button does a weird swoosh and also switches to search instead, how do I fix that lol

I don't see the same thing you're referring to at all, everything about it looks like its working right on your list.
Jun 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2013
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:

Find

#list_surround

I don't see the same thing you're referring to at all, everything about it looks like its working right on your list.

I just checked on internet explorer and it's working normal, but I use chrome and it's not. It's nbd though I'm never gonna use that tab anyway lmao.
Jun 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:

Find

#list_surround

I just checked on internet explorer and it's working normal, but I use chrome and it's not. It's nbd though I'm never gonna use that tab anyway lmao.

yeah Chrome is garbage, but it still works in it you just have to fiddle with it and wait for it to kinda load the menu. It might be fixed in the future if someone takes the time to give it a Chrome fix.
Shishio-kunJun 29, 2013 9:05 PM
Jun 29, 2013 9:11 PM

Feb 2013
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:
Shishio-kun said:
Gwabanaba said:

Find

#list_surround

yeah Chrome is garbage, but it still works in it you just have to fiddle with it and wait for it to kinda load the menu. It might be fixed in the future if someone takes the time to give it a Chrome fix.

Haha I just switched to firefox, probably will be using both though. Also I'm looking for where those links are from the other post.
Sep 7, 2013 8:31 AM

Feb 2010
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/Club%20layouts/Special/SAObar.css.css

Sylankent_H remake of Kyo's toolbar, it has a RPGish theme and was on his SAO layout.
Sep 28, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2012
When I used the Bottom left tab menu (fixed top bar options to the bottom), the profile just when a little up than what it looks on the picture. Can you fix this?
Sep 28, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
DarknessOfEmo said:
When I used the Bottom left tab menu (fixed top bar options to the bottom), the profile just when a little up than what it looks on the picture. Can you fix this?

Ok I fixed that bar so it doesn't do that anymore by default. Random layouts might still clash and rearrange it still.
Oct 7, 2013 10:02 AM
Sep 2009
I have this in my anime list http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/Ins0ne/SAO/barv4.png and Written on it "The user name" and "logout" ,but the problem When I logout it dosen't appears.. __so is there a way to fix that?
Oct 8, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2010
Lemres said:
I have this in my anime list http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/Ins0ne/SAO/barv4.png and Written on it "The user name" and "logout" ,but the problem When I logout it dosen't appears.. __so is there a way to fix that?

It was designed that way, to make it look similar you'd have to replace the selectors it uses when logged in with ones that only show up when logged out.
Oct 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
I've been modifying the code of one of the mods (concretely the Touhou one) and I'd like to know how to change the font color (because I see that all the mods of that style have white font) and remove the underline.
Thanks in advance.
Oct 9, 2013 4:42 PM
Sep 2009
Shishio-kun said:
Lemres said:

It was designed that way, to make it look similar you'd have to replace the selectors it uses when logged in with ones that only show up when logged out.

Okay, Thanks__ although I thought about this but I wanted to know if there an easier way or not.
RemuresuOct 12, 2013 11:14 AM
Jan 14, 2014 10:32 PM

Jan 2012
I found errors in the top bar mod with 'menu' button which make it incompatible with 'more' button. I fixed the errors here:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78192465/MyAnimeList/CSS/Menu.css
Feb 2, 2014 2:19 PM
Nov 2013
Why do these codes don't work for me? I tried different codes but none of them work on my list :(
Mika1234Feb 2, 2014 2:22 PM
Feb 2, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2010
I_am_Mika said:
Why do these codes don't work for me? I tried different codes but none of them work on my list :(

They won't for a bit as my Dropbox has been disabled (it shouldn't be so soon after the first of the month). From what I saw, it looks like "someone" did something just now that has completely fucked over my group today, and maybe for the rest of the month. I am trying to find out what happened and get confirmation from MAL before saying what happened..

btw it is not an individual user's fault. it is probably related to administrative changes or spambots
Shishio-kunFeb 2, 2014 3:35 PM
Feb 2, 2014 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
I_am_Mika said:

Issue fixed, see the toolbar ur list. any problems later you can report here in this topic. I think it will be ok now tho.
Feb 3, 2014 6:03 AM
Nov 2013
Shishio-kun said:
I_am_Mika said:

Issue fixed, see the toolbar ur list. any problems later you can report here in this topic. I think it will be ok now tho.

It's working now :)
Apr 10, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2014
I have an issue with the Bottom left tab menu, I have exported the css to my css code and I didn't changed a anything.
Here's the problem

EDIT*
I changed z-index, but that's all, anyway, I tried with the @import of Hahaido and the problem still there.

xAngelPerz MangaList
PerzxApr 10, 2014 11:12 PM
Apr 11, 2014 12:03 AM
Apr 11, 2014 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks, it worked great! :D
May 29, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this is so helpful and they are all very pretty too. Thank you for sharing them :D

Oct 2, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2010
Lichtspiel said:
When I open the original black/grey icon-style top bar link, it just says error :/

Go to sticky topics - Site Problems - the fix is there for the icon topbar. This was one of many topics where links crashed but I put temporary fixes there, it also tells you to do this on the front page.

And btw just cuz you try the link doesn't mean its not going to work or you should report it.. it only matters if you try the code and then it doesn't work (which it wouldn't in this case). ppl click and open links incorrectly all the time and assume some thing doesn't work when it does if they tried it in their layout
Oct 19, 2014 1:57 AM
Sep 2014
Works good when I'm logged in and viewing my list, but when I log off and view my list, it looks like this

Any way I can fix this?

It also would be really nice if you could re-upload the Blue Icon bar style.
RokumiOct 19, 2014 3:03 AM
Oct 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
Rokumi said:
Works good when I'm logged in and viewing my list, but when I log off and view my list, it looks like this

Any way I can fix this?

It also would be really nice if you could re-upload the Blue Icon bar style.

I'm getting around to the last two posts eventually, its high on my priorties
Oct 20, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2014
Hey guys i'm new and i just need some help with something, i want to move my menu either to the left side of my list, or i want to move my picture down so it does not over lap.

Click the bottom spoiler and look at the top right, that's what i'm talking about.

Also not sure if i posted this in the right place it has to do with my menu header so i thought of here.

Oct 20, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2010
xbpxsh0cks said:
Hey guys i'm new and i just need some help with something, i want to move my menu either to the left side of my list, or i want to move my picture down so it does not over lap.

Click the bottom spoiler and look at the top right, that's what i'm talking about.

Also not sure if i posted this in the right place it has to do with my menu header so i thought of here.

Moving the icon bars to the left is a gigantic pain. It'd be easier to just move the list down:

#list_surround {
margin-top: 50px;
}

The more px, the more it moves down!
Oct 21, 2014 12:52 AM

Oct 2013
Shishio-kun said:
xbpxsh0cks said:

Moving the icon bars to the left is a gigantic pain. It'd be easier to just move the list down:

#list_surround {
margin-top: 50px;
}

The more px, the more it moves down!
Thank you XD
Oct 21, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2012
hello everyone!

I want to ask about a problem that I have with my anime list. it seems I cant remove the the top black bar

I have read :
TO REMOVE THE BLACK BAR
Add this import code to the top of your CSS edit box:

@import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/Club%20layouts/Special/DeleteTopbar.css";

but it doesn't work.

thanks for any help.

here is my list style:

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» [CSS - CLASSIC] Wishes of the heart ~ XXXholic layout by Hahaido

Shishio-kun - Dec 27, 2015

9 by tsyndi »»
5 hours ago

» [BBCODE + VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ Full list of BBcodes and BBcode setups on MAL ( 1 2 3 4 )

Shishio-kun - Feb 3, 2012

159 by RackOrRuin »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] ⭐️ Takana_No_Hana's Layouts

Shishio-kun - Jun 5, 2021

6 by NemuSanjou »»
Apr 9, 7:21 PM

» [CSS - Modern] 🍰 Clarity by V.L ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Valerio_Lyndon - Apr 19, 2018

1204 by blickrella »»
Apr 9, 4:55 PM

» [MODERN - CSS] ⭐ Sailor Moon layout by 5cm

Shishio-kun - Sep 7, 2020

34 by Y3337 »»
Mar 31, 11:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.