Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2009 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
Is there a meaning in the fact that Luke could stretch hands with Cecily but couldn't with Lisa?

Also, average anime with average-towards bad ending...

SaiyaGin said:
Blacksmith started rather weakly, the later episodes weren't much better either, but ended a bit better (even if the last episode also suffered from certain... problems). I can't say this was best anime I've ever seen, but it"s still not the worst ever. 6,5/10 for me.

Billbo88 said:
Well that was pretty much crap now wasn't it?
"Skills aren't necessary!!" ...the idiot has spoken.

An idiotic comment, yes, but also pretty hot blooded.

i totally agree with you, except that it's 5,1/10 for me.

Zero_r2 said:

i would really buy the dvd just to see the rape scene

O_O

who gets raped?

pm me lol
UnknownFactDec 24, 2009 1:48 AM
Dec 24, 2009 3:15 PM
Mar 2008
eh, it was okay
It could've been so much better D;
Dec 24, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
Series was fucking awesome until the last ep. It was so rushed. No closure whatsoever. I haven't seen such a bad excuse for a ending in a while. I gave it a 9 anyway because of how much I like the characters. Cecily's wit is comparable to Jason Bourne. The fight scenes were top-notch and the way she takes out everyone so brutally, just barely leaving them alive really impressed me.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Dec 25, 2009 11:52 AM

Sep 2007
Wtf? That's it? What a terrible end. The majority of the show is pretty meaningless since they had no impact on the "real" story whatsoever. Cecily still proves to be a pretty crappy swordsman. Without Aria, she would never have been able to survive for half the whole show.
Dec 26, 2009 3:08 AM

Jun 2007
Wow that was a pretty horrible conclusion to a mediocre series. The show started with potential then slowly lost it by going further and further from the original plot :/.

As much as I loved the art style and character designs...the story was just plain horrible. You cant make up for that by showing us metal breasts and a sword chick with a g-string that goes way up past her hips.
Dec 26, 2009 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
Zero_r2 said:
ok that was fast, it didnt even felt like an ending it felt more like the end of an arc
.....i want S2, and since the purpouse of him being the blacksmith is to seal valvanil, i supose this is only going to end when that happens
well at least she got her katana

i would really buy the dvd just to see the rape scene

ewww you would buy the Dvd just to watch the rape scene?

you have problems you sick man
Dec 27, 2009 3:06 AM

Aug 2008
tehnominator said:
This series is a clear testament that Manglobe should never do adaptations and stick to anime-only series.

HALF ....ASSED! Start to finish!

DKJ
Dec 27, 2009 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
I found this in Wikipedia

can anyone confirm this?
Dec 30, 2009 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
meh anime till the end.. it gets my 7 (the lowest i give, at least it's not dropped or should i say deleted)
Dec 31, 2009 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
Cloud767 said:
I found this in Wikipedia

can anyone confirm this?
Since it was a pretty conclusive ending, I'd say it has ended, but I don't have any kind of confirmation ^^;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 1, 2010 1:55 PM

Aug 2008
6/10 and I think I should drop it to a 5. Characters mostly annoying personalities, actions ludicrous and the storyline was incoherent, the fight against the man in black turned rather anti-climatic as he wasn't the antagonist the anime should have made him to be, instead we went down blind alleys with the various demon swords and that "princess" from the Empire. It was about everything and not enough about any one thing. Lousy.

If they do make a second season I'll only be watching if there is nothing better to see at the time
Jan 1, 2010 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
I wonder if it really ended in my eyes this is just to start, but still overal it was ok not very impressive but I can't complain either.
Also the last episode dissapointed me, it went all way to fast for a real ending episode so if no second season ore whatever appears this will surely suck hard.
Jan 2, 2010 2:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lame adaptation, they apparently raepd the original.

lame fight and lame "conclusion"

some of the worst shit I have seen.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 6, 2010 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Fuck.... This was... kinda bad....
The first ep i was like "Whoa!!" , and Now i am like "What?.."
Jan 7, 2010 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
Well that was a crappy ending...
Who needs skillz when they have heart!!
Jan 10, 2010 5:10 AM

Jun 2008
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! In your face Cecily haters. Luke was the one getting his ass saved by her in this last episodes. Cecily became cool and her fighting really improved.

Ok since they where late getting things going i guess this as good as an ending they could give but it's obvious that this is screaming for a season 2 with the way it ended.
Jan 15, 2010 5:15 AM
Sep 2008
I was hoping for a pretty good/decent end to make up for how boring the middle was.
I wasn't so disappointed because this episode had some exciting parts.
But the whole part where Cecily fought him just seemed way to curbstomp for me and that killed it. It would have been better if it had lasted longer.
Jan 16, 2010 6:14 AM

May 2008
I laughed when cecily said ''enough with your big talk''
i think she is the one that keeps opening her mouth none stop
oh and aria i think she should have been like a wand or something.
i dont think i her being used in a sword fight in this episode or whenever

Anyway overall i gave it a 5/10 well i think im nice,
the whole thing was quite dull, and cecily is bad knight.
Jan 18, 2010 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
The only part I hated is the "love>skills".

Love might support you,but it really won't matter in defeating a skilled enemy.
Jan 24, 2010 9:56 AM

Jan 2008
i really didn't like how this "ending" didn't really do much for the plot (ya know that demon thing that is sealed and coming back soon) but rather was just a character relational ending thing. THe show itself had a pretty good concept i think, though they didn't do a good job with it towards the end, maybe it can make up for it if there is a second season. i wouldn't say the show was bad by any means though.
Feb 10, 2010 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
One thing: YEAAAAAAAAHHH CECILY. She pretty much leveled up afte she beat Siegfried. That was a massive amount of experience. That's about 10 levels minimum. ALSO, WTF RAPE SCENE? THE FUCK YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

Loved how Siegfried stood there and wait for Luke to finish forging the katana. Now that's what you get when you're too cocky. Sometimes newbs can also pawn a pro, just a reminder.

Seems to be the ending made it look like there's going to be a 2nd season since we didn't get to see Valbanill and Siegfried's real plan. Was he trying to resurrect Valbanill or just destroy the city? Overall, the firsrt few episodes were bad but the last episodes redeemed itself. I'll give it a 7/10.
Feb 11, 2010 12:22 PM

Mar 2009
Feels like an excerpt from a larger saga as it is now.

Feb 14, 2010 9:49 PM

Dec 2007
I actually liked the ending, but it could have been much better. I wonder if this series will get second season since the ending left the story open.
Feb 21, 2010 8:05 AM

Aug 2007
Decent series, but I wish they put the demon swords into play more, I felt that the series kind of dragged on.

6/10
Feb 21, 2010 10:58 PM
Feb 2009
w0ow short ending i bet theres gunna b a second season
Mar 1, 2010 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
Well i thought it would be better, the ending was like "omg thats the end o.o what a disappointment!"
There is not really a end for the story i was so happy when i saw the trailer but that it would be like this! im really sad about that but it was okay though.
Mar 20, 2010 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
The way it ended it looked like it left it open for another season or two.I liked the episode it just seemed a little rushed.
Apr 25, 2010 12:52 PM

Nov 2007
ya that was kinda a lame show, I liked Luke and Lisa's character designs tho. Aria and Elsa were pretty good too.

Did anyone else notice the narwhal monster? XD that thing was hilarious looking

May 8, 2010 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
Overall adequate ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 19, 2010 3:40 AM

Sep 2009
need more sacred blacksmith :)
from what ive been reading i want to read the manga :D

May 30, 2010 2:40 PM

Feb 2009
That was so nice of Mr. Bad Guy to actually wait for Luke to make a katana. Srsly. So nice.
But hey, it's finally over~!
Jun 5, 2010 2:05 AM
Jul 2009
uh. so. that's it?
Jun 17, 2010 4:03 AM
May 2008
İts a quick end. i think it'd last a few chapter ,but it can't be helped 8(
Jun 30, 2010 4:46 PM

Dec 2009
The only thing from rating this a 5 is because of Luke and Lisa.

7/10

Even though if there is a second season I'll probably watch it. =]
Jul 7, 2010 11:57 AM

Jan 2010
Don't get why people seem to hate this and give it shit ratings and reviews. Seems like most of them wrote based on mob mentality and put little to no effort into actually thinking on their own and just kept repeating the same things over and over. It was an enjoyable anime from beginning to end, even though there were a few uncomfortable moments of awkwardness as a viewer. The introduction was good, characters were dynamic, and it concluded very well for an ongoing manga. It's hella good if you ask me, compared to some of the crap animes that come out seasonally.
neverLampJul 7, 2010 12:50 PM
Aug 31, 2010 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
Before watching this series I though it would be a waste of time, but after completed it I must admit I enjoyed it. Good to be true until the final arrives. Cecily, an amateur knight defeated the boss who had previously beaten Luke, really pathetic.

6/10
Oct 6, 2010 4:36 PM
Aug 2010
d4n13lr0x

Don't say this just because you liked it. SNB is a very normal and not so good anime. Cecily is one of the most useless characters I've ever saw, ok, she gains some importance in the end, but seriously, go be useless and retarded like this in hell! And the part of Charlotte is not really necessary to the story (actualy, it's boring and USELESS to the plot), the final battle sucks too, because it's too fast. Finally, I have a personal thing that I don't like: this stuff about seasons, airing animes with on-going mangas, but that's discussable...

Anyway, 6/10. Not excepcional, but it doesn't stinks and it's funny.
Dec 19, 2010 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
Bad series was bad. I can't believe this was made by Manglobe.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 23, 2011 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
wow this was disaponting... sooo did they forgot about the plot or this has a sequel?
huh?
Jan 26, 2011 1:33 AM

Nov 2010
Awww i'm sad it ended.
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Jan 27, 2011 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
reading some of these forum posts make me sick, every time a new anime is set to be released, you people build up an enormus amount of hype so much that no anime on this earth would meet your expectations, just because an anime is not the masterpiece of the decade does not mean that it is good, from what ive read after the first few episodes it starts to sound as if you people started looking for faults in the series, is it the greatest anime of all time, no, but is it as bad as some people are making it out to be, no, the point im trying to make is that its entertainment, if you like it watch it, if you dont like it than dont watch it, just dont turn it into a crusade against people who say they like it, i give it 7/10
Feb 3, 2011 5:16 PM

Mar 2010
well Thats the ending and it wasnt that good of a ending but it was a good episode if you know what i mean

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 19, 2011 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
Gosh Cecily personality got more and more annoying as the series progressed. Loud-mouthed, immature, naive, little girl personalities annoy the hell out of me. The ending failed to bring closure to the series for me. Definitely would have dropped the series if it was longer than 12 episodes.
Apr 16, 2011 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty good end to a great series.

And, man did FUNi turn this series around for me.

I dropped it after two episodes during the original airing, for one, I just couldn't handle Cecily's Japanese seiyuu.

But the dub FUNi produced is nothing short of spectacular, and it established Cherami Leigh as my fav female VA, if not fav. (Can't say that yet, only seen a couple of starring roles with her, give it a few more shows before I make that judgment.)

The ending felt a little rushed to me, that's probably why I gave it a 9/10.
I guess the whole series was a little rushed for that matter.

But, overall it was a great series with everything I love in anime:

Bad-ass Hawtie with (insert weapon of choice, preferably a gun in my case, sword in Cecily's case).

Bad-ass Male side character with comedic character flaws.

Great supporting cast with tons of different character types.

Epic Fights involving aerobatic moves with lots of glitter!

Boobs!

And hilarious references/explotation of said Boobs!

The perfect formula for any great anime! :P

And, it seems they've left it open for another series, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I want to buy this series, but I'm waiting to see if FUNi releases a Blu-Ray set, I'd rather have the BD's for a great series like this!

Urahara Out!!
Sep 19, 2011 8:15 AM

Jun 2007
conbini said:
oh and whats up with the forging at the last fight? lol Siegfried just stood there and let them forged a sword just cuz Cecily was standing there with nothin but her arms out tryin to stop him from interfering? seriously? llol..

If the tit-guard and the SAME DAMN WAIT-FOR-POWER-UP nonsense happening in the first (maybe second?) episode didn't highlight that the series is very much a no-no for those with thinking powers, the villain of the piece happily standing still - doing nothing - as the heroine simply stood with her tit-guard in his face as Luke forged a new weapon most cetrtainly should have.

TSB didn't have a plot beyond medieval fantasy slice-of-life, with occasional "...IT'S A DEMON / DEMON SWORD / DEMON-SOMETHING... OH NOES!" occurrences. It was as if Manglobe assumed some nice, bright visuals and frequent discussions about Cecily's assets would make up for the series going absolutely nowhere and not even making sense. (Example: Luke is suposed to be the only blacksmith able to forge a sword with the power to re-seal the devil, yet his SUPER-SPECIAL technique can't be used to make it. WTF!?)

Cecily giving long-arse speeches about the power of love and "The Man in Black" denying the power of love as he continued to do various acts of evil - for no apparent reason - summed up how painfully shallow it all was. You'd have to be a child or have the mind of a child to like something like this. Not even a few DVD-only glances at Cecily's nipples made up for the series' failings.

Only my love of medieval fantasy and Luke's anti-social personality (when combined with tit-guard and the loli's differing, overly-happy personalities) made me finish the series. Originally, I dropped it back when it was airing, and I don't think it was worth finishing on DVD when nothing happened or was resolved. The way it ended with a totally random frog-demon assault made it certain that I wouldn't be watching any more, should Cecily's boobies prove to have earned the show enough sales for a continuation.

It's just too bad Cecily's 'power of love' speeches weren't rewarded with rape, if that's what happened in the source material. That may actually have allowed the series to end in a satisfying manner.
AironicallyHumanSep 19, 2011 8:18 AM
Sep 29, 2011 5:14 PM

Sep 2010
MrHatandClogs said:
And, man did FUNi turn this series around for me.

Looks like you are just enjoying English being spoken with some yelling thrown about, as you have said exactly nothing about the story or content about this show.

This series is closer to shit than greatness.

Dec 21, 2011 3:11 PM

Sep 2010
No commento!
Anime_Name said:
This series is closer to shit than greatness.

And I most agree with above. This series
AironicallyHuman said:
TSB didn't have a plot beyond medieval fantasy slice-of-life, with occasional "...IT'S A DEMON / DEMON SWORD / DEMON-SOMETHING... OH NOES!"

You are so right! I heard countless times Maken.
And also I guess I have t agree with you said AironicallyHuman.

I really dunno why you guys keep talking about the boobs, this series was nothing ecchi.
Feb 12, 2012 8:33 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, that was a painful last couple of episodes. The show just steadily got worse. I didn't think the show was without some merit, but it certainly wasn't good. I'd rate it a 5/10 and with that non-ending if there's another season I'll know to stay away.
May 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2011
That ending was more open then a hooker's butthole.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 23, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
Ragix said:
That ending was more open then a hooker's butthole.
*than

My work here is done.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aoo-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.