Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, so we get Sinon with her handy gun for quite a bit.

What? Is that a minigun I spotted in this episode? I wonder what other type of guns are there in this show. I think the type she used is a M134 or something. Looks like the episode is a battle of squadrons. And at the end of that fight, I'm pretty sure that's Sinon irl we briefly.
Stark700Jul 12, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 12, 2014 7:57 AM
Sep 2013
Got to see Sinon more in action. Memegun guy spotted, intense fight I hope. NOPE. Like always, the MC dodges most of the bullets and lost only one of her virtual legs. Meanwhile, Keiko got tentacle'd for the first time. O right, K-Kayaba is mentioned!
Jul 12, 2014 8:07 AM
Mar 2012
Gotta say, loved the badassery of Sinon in this episode. But what I love the most in this episode though were the guns, the designs especially were well made. I especially love the black and dark blue GGO menu screen.

We also get to see more ALO adventures with the main crew, and Silica gets tentacle raped again. Didn't remember that in the light novels.
Jul 12, 2014 8:10 AM

Nov 2013
LastChapter said:
We also get to see more ALO adventures with the main crew, and Silica gets tentacle raped again. Didn't remember that in the light novels.
It was probably just a reference to the first season.

Was anything important cut out btw?
Jul 12, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 2012
Anime/Manga said:
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
Jul 12, 2014 8:30 AM
Mar 2012
Botato said:
LastChapter said:

First scene showed a flashback of how Sinon received her Hecate, but I'm pretty the anime audience wouldn't know and think it's a random scene. Most of the episode was pretty much about Sinon, and I can't help but commend the CG and the animations, much better than last season. We also get to see Shino in real life, hinting her traumas. Last scenes were the main cast in ALO with the episode ending with Kirito about to tell Asuna about his involvement with GGO. And we get to see the new ending theme~ Only complaint and anime original content I saw was basically the Silica tentacle rape. Nothing was skipped though they could have made Sinon acquiring one of the most powerful sniper rifles in the game more obvious.

EDIT: Let me just say congrats again to A-1 for a job well done.
-Karoshi-Jul 12, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 12, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2009
I kind of forgot why I despise this series sometimes when Sinon was doing her thing. That part, despite some silly dialogue, was really pretty neat.

And then we swapped to Silica being felt up by tentacles whilst Asuna and Kirito sat on a mushroom over yonder and I remembered.
Jul 12, 2014 9:08 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode indeed, I really like how much works A-1 put into designing those guns, they just looked so real to me.
The fights were intense as well.
Jul 12, 2014 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
I was actually expecting this episode to show more Shino IRL and the the girls from her school *NOT SPOILING ANYTHING* but it actually ended earlier than I thought. Now I can really see this show reaching the 24 episode of non stop GGO. Also, I don't remember the ALO scene in the anime being in the LN? Its good to see A-1 Pictures getting down to the very detail with this season compared to season 1. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A SERIES PEOPLE! WHEN YOU PAY TO GET THE DVDS/BLU-RAYS.

5/5 for this episode. Good animation and didn't miss any details ;)

EDIT:
I'm going to abuse the fact that I am on the first page by explaining some stuff that you might of missed about some reasons why they did certain things.
First of all the gun Sinon has is a rare sniper (the best sniper in the game) that uses .50 caliber rounds which is enough to leave a large dent in a tank, so in other words it will kill you even if you are hiding behind a rock or in a car.
The reason why she can't snipe them all is because of that red trail that appeared as soon as tge gun was fired a second time. If you go back to that scene you will notice that the first shot had no red trail so the bullet couldn't be dodged (keep in mind she is 1500m away so the bullet would take atleast 5 seconds to reach the target). Once that first shot is fired, she can't shoot a bullet that has no trail on it for another 60 seconds (the guy in the cowboy hat Dyne mentioned this before the gunfight as they were up on the perch). She realized who that guy was with the mini gun was (he is a high ranked player that got a better rank than her in the previous bullet of bullets) and she decided the best course of action was to go to her team mates and to shoot him at a range that he can't dodge the bullet.
Dyne sacrficed himself because he knew that the only person in the team who could take behemoth down was Sinon so he decided to run in to get a better view of the enemy and throw a grenade towards the 2 support guys the other team had so that it was just Sinon and behemoth.
Sinon knew that behemoth went into the strength stat like her and ran up to the top of the tower to shoot him but he predicted that so she decided to jump off to dodge the bullets (unfortunately loosing her leg) and to also make him over extend his shooting in that particular angle to the point that he can't shoot. At the moment she was just above him, she shoot her .50 caliber round into his head at point blank so that she couldn't miss.

Also, the penalty for death in GGO is the lose of all your gear. So its similar to DayZ.

Well that was the explanation of the detail you might of not understood. If there was anything else I missed, just give me a yell and I'll add it.
adaw31Jul 12, 2014 8:09 PM
Jul 12, 2014 9:19 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome action! Really introduced Sinon this episode. Maybe Kirigaya will join Gun Gale next week?

Jul 12, 2014 9:20 AM
Mar 2012
adaw31 said:
I was actually expecting this episode to show more Shino IRL and the the girls from her school *NOT SPOILING ANYTHING* but it actually ended earlier than I thought.

I'm sure they're saving those scenes for later, probably for next episode. Episode 2 I felt was made to introduce Sinon and the world of GGO. I did notice some scenes were out of order in both the first and second episode, but A-1 comes back and adapts them so for right now, I'm not worried about them omitting any scenes.
Jul 12, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2012
adaw31 said:
I was actually expecting this episode to show more Shino IRL and the the girls from her school *NOT SPOILING ANYTHING* but it actually ended earlier than I thought.
A-1 is taking this series nice and slow. It's no doubt now that this will be a better season. But the 24 ep mark still baffles me.
Jul 12, 2014 9:33 AM
Feb 2014
LastChapter said:
adaw31 said:

I'm sure they're saving those scenes for later, probably for next episode. Episode 2 I felt was made to introduce Sinon and the world of GGO. I did notice some scenes were out of order in both the first and second episode, but A-1 comes back and adapts them so for right now, I'm not worried about them omitting any scenes.

Yeah next episode will be pure Sinon episode; Kazuto joins GGO in episode 4 ;-)
Jul 12, 2014 9:39 AM
Mar 2012
julyan said:
adaw31 said:
A-1 is taking this series nice and slow. It's no doubt now that this will be a better season. But the 24 ep mark still baffles me.

I'm still holding on to this schedule here:

After all, it's impossible to adapt 2 volumes of a light novel in 24 episodes. The first two episodes already adapted the prologue and 3 chapters out of 7 of the first volume of Phantom Bullet to put it into retrospective.
Jul 12, 2014 9:43 AM

Nov 2013
LastChapter said:
First scene showed a flashback of how Sinon received her Hecate, but I'm pretty the anime audience wouldn't know and think it's a random scene. Most of the episode was pretty much about Sinon, and I can't help but commend the CG and the animations, much better than last season. We also get to see Shino in real life, hinting her traumas. Last scenes were the main cast in ALO with the episode ending with Kirito about to tell Asuna about his involvement with GGO. And we get to see the new ending theme~ Only complaint and anime original content I saw was basically the Silica tentacle rape. Nothing was skipped though they could have made Sinon acquiring one of the most powerful sniper rifles in the game more obvious..
Nice to know, this gives me more hope that this will be a lot more faithful than season 1.
Jul 12, 2014 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Wow a good Sinon episode
Jul 12, 2014 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode the animation was good as well, Sinon is awesome with that sniper rifle. It was nice seeing Asuna and Kirito at the end there, they look pretty different from the first season.
Jul 12, 2014 9:55 AM
Oct 2012
LastChapter said:

It wasn't.

But seriously, people think that was fanservice? I mean tastes differ, but if that rocks your world you need to see more of it.

The scene was a bit of a joke, Silica when she was first grabbed laughed and said "this time it will be different", so this was supposed to show how she improved as a player, only the flower monster had also evolved developing the ability to fly, so the results ended exactly the same (though this time her friends helped her out).

The critics really need to calm down, this is a new series, so if you watch you should being thinking of this as the second episode, not the 27th one. If you can't do that, then quit or go to the SAO thread and continue your juvenile complaining.

But seriously you can't help but laugh at these idiots. First they complain the show was "too boring", then they get a full episode of action and they complain that the MC is too OP and about 10 seconds of "fanservice". There is nothing as funny as people pretending to be posers but showing how petty and pretty much pathetic they truly are.

Does this mean this show will be great? No. But two episodes in it has been entertaining, so lets see what next episode brings.
Jul 12, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2012
I'm liking the rate of progression they're going with this season. Kirito doesn't rush into the game like it seemed to happen in season 1.

Sinon seems like a pretty badass character. Can't wait to see more of her... and that scene where she jumps off the building and snipes Behemoth in the head was intense.
Jul 12, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
GGO is awesome but I like watching Kirito and all the girls playing ALO better I hope there's more scenes like the one at the end of this episode but I'm assuming there won't be much of that in this season.
Jul 12, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
I have to say. This episode wasn't bad at all. Apart from a few rough edges in dialogue (that most people won't notice anyways.) the show is pretty enjoyable. :D
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 12, 2014 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
Not much of Kirigaya this episode, i mean he only gets one line of dialogue lol.

Still was an okay episode.
My Candies:
Jul 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
I still don't like how seriously some of those guys take their game.
Jul 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
SetsukoHara said:
I still don't like how seriously some of those guys take their game.

LOL, unless you play ranked in a moba game such as League, Dota 2 then u won't know how seriously some people are in taking games seriously.
Jul 12, 2014 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
*slurp*
[spoiler]
Jul 12, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2013
That shot to the head was awesome. I like this Sinon character.
Jul 12, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
That was friggin EPIC!! :D

This ep showed why Sinon is so liked by the LN fandom :3 She was friggin BA! And nice hearing her monologue too. Sawashiro Miyuki is <3

Hyping the guys and Dem skills!! Her sniping is amazing! And Dat finale was awesome with how she jumped off the tower and shot him in the face with a missing leg :D Like a BOSS :D AND DAT OST <3

Really loved the animation. The movements were so swift and the scenery was beautiful (although it's just technically a post apocalyptic desert XD)

The end with the girls (Lol at Silicia still getting tentacle raped XD) and nice seeing Kirito and Asuna being lovey dovey :3 Can't wait til Kirito enters GGO ^^
Jul 12, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Alright episode. Nothing too exciting yet. Loved how Kirito and Asuna were just chilling on top of that mushroom thingy while the other girls were farming :)
Jul 12, 2014 10:13 AM
Sep 2013
Sinon is definitely going to be the badass of this move over Kirito. The guy wants to run and she stays there to take down behemonth. Seems like the only people will be important is her Kirito and death gun by the looks of it.
Jul 12, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
goddammit kirito log on to GGO already!
trabeus1Jul 14, 2014 11:37 PM

Jul 12, 2014 10:15 AM

May 2012
Shinon is so fucking bad ass!

Great episode. Love how they start off with what happen before the ending of the first episode. The battle between Shinon group vs the other ones was amazing. The best part was when Shinon lost her leg and still kick ass. Back in ALO. Asuna looks good with blue hair. Seems like Kirito is about to make his move. Can't wait for next episode.

5/5.
Jul 12, 2014 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
Lovely episode. Pretty much everything i had imagined from reading the LNs. They even added a scene for the haters. Hateservice anyone?
Jul 12, 2014 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
I would say Sinon is pretty badass in this episode by taking Behemoth out like that.

GGO is a great arc,the pacing go well so far and followed the LN very well.
removed-userJul 12, 2014 10:21 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2014
I wished they would of called it something else besides Sword Art Online 2. I always keep comparing it to the first season and its always coming up short. It's an ok episode. You could skip the first episode and it would be just as awesome. The fighting scenes were better than SAO but I think the story is just moving way to slow. Login already Kirito
Jul 12, 2014 10:21 AM
Jan 2014
The OST and sound effects were amazing.
Add some awesome scenery and CGI to the mix and you have an awesome episode.
Not to mention Shinon, like her way more than Kirito. Sawashiro Miyuki's voice fits her perfectly.
Ginrou shouldn't have rushed with his UMP into that gunfight so suddenly, I guess he isn't a very patient player.
That was an awesome trickshot by Shinon in the end, it felt very intense.
Behemoth's head exploded.
We meet again ALO.
I don't mind the slower pacing, compared to the first season at all.
ResidentJul 12, 2014 10:25 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:21 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2014
LastChapter said:
julyan said:

After all, it's impossible to adapt 2 volumes of a light novel in 24 episodes. The first two episodes already adapted the prologue and 3 chapters out of 7 of the first volume of Phantom Bullet to put it into retrospective.

Tell me in a spoiler what's this cliffhanger? What's going to happen?
Jul 12, 2014 10:27 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LastChapter said:
adaw31 said:

Relax, they have 24 episodes in total to do that. This episode did a nice job at introducing the world of GGO. That machine gun sure looked powerful, but I could tell the bodyguard was getting tired. When Sinon was getting ready to snipe him, he was pretty much not even looking at her. To me that machine gun must weight a ton in GGO.

Silica once again tentacle raped, and Leafa has to rescue her. Liz does a finishing blow to end the battle. Afterward Silica gets jealous at Asuna/Kirito being lovey dovey xD

I wonder how Asuna will react once Kirito tells her about his next adventure.

Jul 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
1 episode and Sinon is already a fucking badass. Easily the best girl after the next episode which is entirely for Sinon.

Also, the pacing is really nice and slow unlike Season 1 where it rushed everything.

5/5
Jul 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2011
LastChapter said:
julyan said:

I doubt they would touch Alicization, just cause then it leaves nothing for OVAs cause once the Alicization train gets started there are no stations off it
Jul 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
Playing said:
LastChapter said:

Tell me in a spoiler what's this cliffhanger? What's going to happen?

THIS PERSON ASKED FOR WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT EPISODE WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER SO ITS IN A SPOILER BOX. DO NOT CLICK SHOW SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILT DESPITE HOW TEMPTING IT IS TO PRESS!!!!

TyrelJul 12, 2014 11:15 AM
Sep 2012
LastChapter said:
Botato said:

First scene showed a flashback of how Sinon received her Hecate, but I'm pretty the anime audience wouldn't know and think it's a random scene. Most of the episode was pretty much about Sinon, and I can't help but commend the CG and the animations, much better than last season. We also get to see Shino in real life, hinting her traumas. Last scenes were the main cast in ALO with the episode ending with Kirito about to tell Asuna about his involvement with GGO. And we get to see the new ending theme~ Only complaint and anime original content I saw was basically the Silica tentacle rape. Nothing was skipped though they could have made Sinon acquiring one of the most powerful sniper rifles in the game more obvious.

EDIT: Let me just say congrats again to A-1 for a job well done.

Thanks for clarifying that it was a flashback. I thought she just got the gun and used it in her next fight.

Jul 2012
I think it doesn't really make sense that Sinon didn't die at the end there. I know they wanted her to look really badass but I mean, she jumped out of a high ass tower and took heavy damage from a minigun, including having her leg blown off, and still survives. Apparently there's no fall damage in GGO.
Jul 12, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. Sinon was pretty impressive to watch. All her monologue and everything about that guy with the minigun sounded great. Great part of her getting the people to actually fight back. Finally it seems its Kazuto will be entering there soon.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 12, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2009
Episode 2: 10% Setups, 20% Snipers, 10% Assault Rifles, 10% Energy Weapons, 20% Assault Miniguns, 30% Sinon. :D

They extended a few scenes in there just to let the other girls in hehe. Though as usual there's the unnecessary fanservice tentacle rape.

Anyways nice episode, I like it when it feels like it was too short rather than dragging overall.

Ah love how the ending is all about the best girl. :P
NettoAzureJul 12, 2014 10:40 AM
Jul 12, 2014 10:36 AM
Oct 2010
lmao the tenticle rape came in pretty soon. Btw that whole fight didn't play out the way I thought it would, actually it had good scenes marred by pretty stupid ones. At least the ost was nice.

At first I thought they were going to use tactics, but after all that planning they slowly devolved into sheer brute force. My biggest issue is why shinon(?) didn't just keep shooting from the hill at the gattling gun guy.. or better yet, why not aim at his chest? He has a movement penalty so even if he got behind cover she could pin him down for the entire fight, yet she chose to fight on his terms and run in close...
Jul 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
That ED though...Sinon kinda reminded me of Mikasa for a moment, complete with scarf and icy personality.

Sent with Mal Updater

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jul 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2013
Shinon looks so badass, really like her
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.