Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2007 5:42 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I found this episode boring. Nothing really exciting and throwing in that typical misunderstanding didn't help.
Nov 14, 2007 7:54 PM

May 2007
Kaji is freakin' scaring me. I sure hope it's not what I think it is that's in that box x_x;;
Nov 14, 2007 8:33 PM

Jun 2007
fucken old women. I knew she would do it (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=6784#msg252459). They should hog tie and bury her under a tree.

Sana and Nanaka better stay together. I'll be pissed if theres conflicts between them.
Nov 14, 2007 10:03 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
fucken old women. I knew she would do it ([url=http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=6784#msg252459]http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=6784#msg252459). They should hog tie and bury her under a tree.

Sana and Nanaka better stay together. I'll be pissed if theres conflicts between them.

Agreed ^

Nov 14, 2007 10:43 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
fucken old women. I knew she would do it. They should hog tie and bury her under a tree.

I also agree. I was mentally shouting "OPEN IT! OPEN IT!" and then when Nanaka was walking down the steps, I figured she'd be like "isn't that just like that legend? We should open it!" or something, I dunno. I really wanted the box opened!! xD

I'm torn. On one hand, I'm glad to get the background on Shuri (and the random carmel giving teacher) but it seemed kind of out of place here... almost like filler so they could leave the episode off on that stupid misunderstanding. Haven't we already done the Hoshina-misunderstanding-scenes already??

Loved little Shuu though! Peeing his pants and the dog grabbing his underwear, haha.
Nov 14, 2007 10:46 PM

Jul 2007
lol damn creepy old lady, and poor anime-kitty :P
Nov 15, 2007 1:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I thought it was an interesting episode, I expected the last scene in the forest to be different though. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 15, 2007 2:24 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
DeathfireD said:
fucken old women. I knew she would do it. They should hog tie and bury her under a tree.

I also agree. I was mentally shouting "OPEN IT! OPEN IT!" and then when Nanaka was walking down the steps, I figured she'd be like "isn't that just like that legend? We should open it!" or something, I dunno. I really wanted the box opened!! xD

I'm torn. On one hand, I'm glad to get the background on Shuri (and the random carmel giving teacher) but it seemed kind of out of place here... almost like filler so they could leave the episode off on that stupid misunderstanding. Haven't we already done the Hoshina-misunderstanding-scenes already??

Loved little Shuu though! Peeing his pants and the dog grabbing his underwear, haha.

totally QFT xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Nov 15, 2007 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
Ishitori said:
Kineta said:
DeathfireD said:

totally QFT xD

so is there going to be a point to the carmel teacher, or is it just a wtf kinda deal, overall good ep
Nov 15, 2007 2:57 AM

Oct 2007
Well, this episode they prepared a lot for conflicts, and advances for the next episode, which i hope it works like that.
Plot is thickening, and i liked it! Sadistic old woman ;P she was probably behind the bird also! but i bet she would have a good reason in the end for doing it, even though its wrong. In the end, i think she might have done the same thing to a human being!!!

I hope Sana's and Asami's relatinoship gets better because qlthough at first i liked Nanaka, now i hate the fact that no mater how she feels about Sana she does not do anything...
I know i'd lose in the end because this anime is obviously going to have Nana-chan and Sana together in the end...

At least we getting to see many peoples pasts.
I was supprised that Wakastsuki-twins lost their birth-mother and thus have a foster mother, i am curious if Sana knows, and how everything is going to be tied together in the end with everyone having a dark/mysterious past...
Nov 15, 2007 3:56 AM

Jul 2007

Seriously how can some1 find this ep boring....Nanakas eyes freaked me out and the old!@#$ was.... I knew shes fucking crazy i also wanted to open the box....
Cant w8 for next 1..Plus i want to see what happened with Sayus father...
Nov 15, 2007 8:12 AM

Oct 2007
it was an ok episode, nothing really in this episode to get exicted about really, hope the next episode has more to look forward to!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2007 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
I hope nanaka starts stabbing people, starting with the old lady.
Nov 15, 2007 10:27 AM

Sep 2007
Interesting parts were the old lady and her digging and Shuri's/Shuu's background. But that's about it.

Oh and the way they portrayed the misunderstanding was cliche.
Nov 15, 2007 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
Gotta to love Nanaka !! She started of like tsundere in the begining of the series and now she seems to turn into yandere at the end of this episode. Nanaka FTW.
Nov 15, 2007 1:40 PM
Aug 2007
interesting episode. The old lady is getting creepy but nonetheless I loved Nanaka's eyes at the end..it reminds me of School Days
Nov 15, 2007 2:19 PM

Aug 2007
I could see that misunderstanding coming a mile off as soon as they switched the camera to her I was expecting some compromising seen between Hoshino and Sana which Nanaka would see.

I don't see why she has to be so pissy about everything, perhaps that may get explained in another flash back or something. Over half way through I'm expecting some bits to make this show more interesting rather than the possibility of a dead cat and the crazy lady.

Nov 15, 2007 10:23 PM

Nov 2007
I feel kinda sad for Nanaka but I'm MORE sad for the poor thing in the box T_T

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Nov 16, 2007 5:11 PM

Aug 2007
It's funny how they subbed "cognac, cucumbers, carrots.." when I think Nanaka meant konnyaku.
Nov 16, 2007 9:13 PM

Jun 2007
MajorAddiction said:
It's funny how they subbed "cognac, cucumbers, carrots.." when I think Nanaka meant konnyaku.
I was wondering that too, I thought she was underage... btw whats konnyaku?

Nov 16, 2007 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
Goodness. This series is starting to get quite twisted.

First off: The little old lady? Beyond crazy. Poor Poe... and the bird from before.

Second: Nanaka. WTF? I knew she was angsty, but her death stare to Sana and Hoshino was seriously creepy. I have the feeling her sanity is starting to slip... if it was ever really secure in the first place.

Third: Poor Shuri and Shuu! I feel so bad for them... T.T

Fourth: The teacher had no point. They had better develope that or... it'll just be... there. >.>

I seriously love this series. Can't wait for the next episode~
Nov 17, 2007 12:26 AM

Jun 2007
I think the death stair at the end has a different meaning then we all think. For example that tree or area could have been a special place that only him and Nanaka played around when they where kids. Her seeing them their could have caused her to become extremely angry even if she is just a friend. Theirs also the possibility that her parents where buried there and we just didnt get to catch a glimpse of the tomb stones. If the death stair was given just because he was with her then...ya that's very cliche like what Iriya said above.
Nov 17, 2007 12:28 AM

Aug 2007
Konnyaku is a traditional Japanese jelly-like health food made from a kind of potato called "Konnyaku potato"

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

cognac isn't bad though, once in a while ;D
Nov 18, 2007 6:06 AM

Sep 2007
deli53 said:
interesting episode. The old lady is getting creepy but nonetheless I loved Nanaka's eyes at the end..it reminds me of School Days

Yes, i thought that, too.

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Nov 19, 2007 12:53 PM

Aug 2007
The end of this episode was so incredibly INCREDIBLY obvious. I knew that would happen. Now we'll have to go through this blah blah shit with Nanaka again.

I think the following episodes will be better though. It's starting to get interesting. Seems like somenthing will happen judging by the music right before the ED.
Nov 22, 2007 12:44 PM
Jun 2007
That episode was a nice one. I am affraid it wiil be like School Day... started naive... and ended... not naive at all O_O
Nov 24, 2007 10:54 PM

Jun 2007
OMFG the old lady cut the cat up into pieces with the scissors she asked for before and stuck him in a box to be burried! THATS WHY THEY CANT FIND IT! *screams*

Dec 23, 2007 1:29 PM
Aug 2007
Censored_Vagina said:
I hope nanaka starts stabbing people, starting with the old lady.

I agree
Dec 26, 2007 9:19 PM

Oct 2007
THE POOR CAT!!!!!!
that lady is evil.

i even forget why burying things underneath trees is so special.... but i wonder why she's doing it..... D=
Mar 3, 2008 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
gez the old lady scares the hell out of me. its pretty hard to watch it alone. lol
it would be ironic if she chopped her grand children into pieces using a knife and then burn them somewhere out there.

Got Milk?
Apr 19, 2008 10:14 PM

Jun 2007
old crazy lady = crazy

most of this episode seemed normal, except from the hoshino goodness.
nanaka might be going crazy as well, but only time will tell.

as for the cat and the bird.... RIPUAT (rest in peace under a tree)
also, poor shuu and shuri. i hope their problems get solved somehow.
Apr 23, 2008 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
katrak said:
Kaji is freakin' scaring me. I sure hope it's not what I think it is that's in that box x_x;;

poor kitty...
May 2, 2008 8:25 PM

Apr 2007
That old lady is on to something there. If she wanted to commit a more serious crime all she has to do is get the kids to bury the murder weapon so there's less evidence. Gun, knife, crowbar? No problem just wrap it in a box and they'll take care of it no questions asked.

The teacher's little story was totally out of place. Unless they plan on doing something more with her character that's just some wasted time.

Nanaka's cold stare just annoyed me. Yeah it's all a misunderstanding once again but if she's not going to go forward in starting a relationship then she has no say and shouldn't get pissy.

Little Shuri is so cute

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 9, 2008 11:42 PM

May 2008
i sense higurashi...
Jul 20, 2008 2:37 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode, I love how it becomes twisted with the introduction of the twins' father and step-mother, the old woman's crazyness in the end and the terrific Edgar Allan Poe references too. Hope the black cat returns for vengeance later as in the classic novel !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 7, 2008 12:21 AM

Jan 2008
creepy old lady I hope she dies and gets buried if whats in that box is the cat ><
wired anime poor Renaka always wrong time wrong moment
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2008 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
oh shit motherfucker this is another higurashi! that old lady killed the cat ;D the bell was in the box!
Jan 26, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:

Then you're better off not watching drama... Conflicts like these is what make them so thrilling and appealing to watch.

Anyway, since it's SO plain she killed the dammed cat, I'm gonna think she didn't instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the cat was unscathed at the end that way.
I got a little rant: The tittle of this episode. "Teacher's caramel"? Way too vague considering the teacher wasn't that relevant in this episode. Other than that, it was alright.
Shuri's home problems seem interesting too.

Also, Nanaka's face was really scary at the end... :3
Feb 6, 2009 7:51 AM
Sep 2008
Ok, this has to be like the #xxxxx series that uses missunderstandings as a way to create conflict between the main couple, which makes it boring and incredibly predictable.Also, animal violence in anime? no way! I'm sure that what was in the box was not Poe, that poor old lady sure doesn't seem like one to harm such a cute kitty >:( also I can't believe they wasted 10 minutes explaining the teacher gave Sana a candy when he was younger, at least tell some side story on how the caramell was drugged and then that young teacher took little Sana to her place and "play" or something!
Mar 21, 2009 6:13 AM

Oct 2008
When I saw that box and Kaji-san wanting it buried, I thought "POE'S BODY!!!"
O_O
Mar 25, 2009 1:32 AM

Jan 2009
Sana is beginning to crack... I hope she doesn't do anything she will regret later on like revenge or even kill... Sana isn't getting as much as screen time I thought she was going to get so I'm starting to think the romance isn't between her and the main character... The stare did remind me of SD... not good.

The old lady... hmm... if she killed that cat... to revive her grandson... she really is psychotic but... there is a chance inside the box is just a photo of your grandson or something. I noticed that this show likes to lead us to danger and quickly pull back at the last second. We THINK there will be a cat inside the box, there might be something else... something that will surprise us and make us say to ourselves thank you! Thank you so much it wasn't a cat! Could you imagine? You wouldn't expect that would you? And the cat was just hiding near the parking lot or something, that's why you could hear the bell?! Remember you saw the bell drop on the earlier episode? Why would she put the bell in the box with cats body after it fell??? Maybe I'm just in denial or something... There probably is a cat in the box... or maybe (prays) there isn't! BTW guys... I don't remember a bird!? in a previous episode? Why would she kill and sacrifice? I remember the TV saying something about a human sacrifice for a wish, while the legend at the shrine was they used to do a human sacrifice (now a dance) for the sakura to bloom.

Mar 29, 2009 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
Poe..

Edited: I got Hoshino-san and Aoi-chan's names mixed up. Corrected!
Kira01Mar 29, 2009 11:37 AM
Apr 2, 2009 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
Nanaka scene when she stared at Sana and Asami definetly reminds me of Kotonoha of School Days, i mean.. what the fuck? I hope she doesn't turn out to be a assasin.

Anyway the old lady is quite scary. For a second i almost tought that in that box was the cat. Poe isn't? Maybe is a dildo.. who knows? lawl.

Getting bored. /Sigh, but as i said i wont drop it at this point.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 24, 2009 5:11 AM

Oct 2008
I've seen that kind of misunderstanding between the lead male and lead female characters far too many times already. Nothing much happened this episode too. Come on, hurry up, get to the exciting parts of the story.
Jun 27, 2009 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
I think what's inside the box was P...... coz on episode 6 she was holding P
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 27, 2009 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
Kira01 said:
Poe..

Edited: I got Hoshino-san and Aoi-chan's names mixed up. Corrected!

Isnt Poe a cat?? and the bird too?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 19, 2009 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
Trie said:
lol damn creepy old lady, and poor anime-kitty :P

my thoughts exactly :P
Sep 23, 2009 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
If there is one thing I hate in Anime is when girls are hit by either their parents or relatives. I hate that.

I don't mind blood, massacre, killings etc but somehow I hate hitting and violence between family members.

Another misunderstanding. Those eyes reminded me of School Days.

I wonder why the old lady killed the cat. What could be the purpose?
Sep 29, 2009 2:04 PM

Nov 2007
another boring ep. i need some serious romance NOW!! The misunderstanding at the end was pretty unnessicary
Mar 14, 2010 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
I absolutely did not expect such scary things oO
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.