Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 11, 2008 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
Jaemi said:
starseeker said:
THIS EPISODE IS EPIC
BASICALLY.
uguu~ Nena was almost at her end, too.~

I hope she joined them :P :P :P

GO SETSUNA!!! This series now officially gets a 9/10 from me!!! :P
Mar 11, 2008 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
Epic. Sill wondering what that gundam was that we say in setsunas past. Guess we must wait till next season. Trans-am = epic win
Mar 11, 2008 1:44 PM
Jan 2008
Hellmonkey said:
Epic. Sill wondering what that gundam was that we say in setsunas past. Guess we must wait till next season. Trans-am = epic win

I think something was mentioned about 1st and 2nd generation gundams in one of the previous episodes(the current gundams beeing third generation).
So I guess the gundam from Setsunas past is exia's precursor(the GN drives are probably passed down from gundam to gundam once the previous generation becomes obsolete)

DivineTrinity said:
What an episode. These last episodes have really been epic. They even showed Saiji wanting the Gundams to die. Maybe Nena will join will Celestial Being now, since they now have some common ground. I can't believe Aeolia was able to calculate this far. I'm starting to feel a little sad that the season will be over soon, so much is happening.

I suspect Aeolia is not so much in cold storage(as Corner seems to think) but more that he is some sort of Gundam version of Gustaf Brackman(from Supreme Commander), interfaced with Veda that is. But a last resort command shouldn't be much of a suprise though, If you have valuable data that you under no circumstance would see fall into enemy hands a self-destruct or some other last resort command is fairly standard.
Mar 11, 2008 2:56 PM

Nov 2004
If you take a look at the manga, it definitely confirms that the current Gundams we see are 3rd generation and that there were Gundams before them. I just wonder why the world took no notice of them until now.

And the episode was epic. Sad I read spoilers on it so I wasn't as surprised when Exia goes into 'Super Mario' mode or when the Trinitys got axed.
Mar 11, 2008 4:01 PM
Jan 2008
woohoo as expected of Exia, a secret weapon!

Saji's goin nuts!! o_O

Good episode. Glad lockon still alive ^_^
Mar 11, 2008 8:51 PM

Oct 2007
Well that's a neat feature.

Mar 12, 2008 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
There's one thing bothering me. When the Flag was upgraded, Graham had hard times pushing it because of the forces his body took. What will it do now when he gets a GN Drive on it? Will they modify the cockpit to make it more Gundam-ish or will he push his body so far that it could kill him, just for the sake of taking the Gundams down? Maybe he'll go with normal pace but with increased powers only. That's what's bothering me.

Mar 12, 2008 5:01 PM

Sep 2007
^ I think that might be a non-issue w/ GN Drives, for w/e reason.

And, yes, it appears in the manga that all of the previous Gundams retain their GN Drives (the first chapter had someone launching in a Gundam...).

The Trans-Am is garbage. Like some other people, I was hoping that the Gundams were going to be nerfed for 00, after the ridiculousness of the Strike Freedom. I was also holding out for Nena to be killed and Johann to live... oh well. I hope Nena doesn't end up joining CB, though. I'm also hoping that Lockon gets his eye fixed, but it's prolly not going to happen.

What'll be interesting to see is the actual purpose of the GN Arms. Is it a support system? Is it a ferry? It'll also be interesting to see the thread that ties Corner, Harvey, the Thrones and Ali together. I think the implication of "you were made to be sacrifices" is that they were part of the plan, but who knows?
Mar 12, 2008 8:40 PM

Dec 2007
Jacut said:
The script is becoming even weaker than that of Destiny with all the futile over-dramatization and the obvious "coincidences", and the characters develop to be as bad as those of Gundam Wing (Bishonen ftl !).

There are some good things though, the OST by Kenji Kawai, the series has a very good pace and this Gundam looked somewhat promising at the beginning... but it's almost screwed now. Hope that the second season will be more interesting, but I'm starting to doubt it. Maybe Sunrise will get serious for their next Gundam series (Tomino come baaaack !).

But maybe I don't enter in the core target of this series which is more aimed towards girls and teenagers than the real Gundam series. Still for a Gundam fan like me, it's a real disappointment, SEED was MUCH better, even if it was far from the best...

This was Gundam Wing v.2 from the start, but you gotta stop insulting it and saying that POS SEED is anything NEAR as good.

I'm a HUGE Gundam fan, by the way, and I think this series is excellent. I haven't liked one this much since 08th MS. Even Zeta isn't as good. (Kamille was awesome, but EVERYONE in the show seemed to think they had carte blanche to beat the hell out of the kid. Fuckers.)

For people who don't know yet....this is seriously Gundam Wing version 2. If you absolutely hated G Wing, pull out now. I mean, could it have gotten anymore obvious when the girl called the GN-X mobile suits "dolls"? (Like, Mobile Dolls.) And there were painfully obvious hints before then. So while this show is far, far better than Wing was, its still got most of its roots from that series.

Anyway, I loved this episode:

1.) They killed most of the Trinity Family! AWESOME. The way they were running around like they owned the place had gotten real tired, real fast.

2.) Ali-Al Sarshes got OWNED by Setsuna! I REALLY hate that guy. He's been a jerk since they first introduced him, and finally he got the beatdown. I kinda hoped he'd die, but he can't have much longer.

3.) Corner got bitchsmacked by Aeolia. After being a more annoying more bishie version of Treize, he got outmanuvered this ep...by a DEAD GUY. ("I got you from the GRAVE, nigga! You'll NEVER get me back! ROFLMAO)

I don't know who didn't see this coming. The GN-X suits were introduced much, much too soon. Still, this upgrade came sooner than expected too. Guess there are a lot more surprises to go with this series...
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 13, 2008 11:28 PM

Dec 2006
Johann and Michael kicked the bucket so soon!
Nena should've died then! oh well, she will before this season ends >=)

And Graham is going back on his words to fight CB using GN drives. Hmmm....

Veda has thought up of everything!
But should have made the place self-destruct instead...
coz that Corner guy is really annoying

Lockon lives but he can't pilot a Gundam.

Meanwhile, Setsuna has finally unlocked becoming a full Gundam !!!

Glowing Red Exia. Mmmm...........
drastikhateMar 13, 2008 11:34 PM

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Mar 14, 2008 10:40 PM
Feb 2008
According to the spoilers (which have been 90% accurate up to ep 22), Alejxandro should be killed by Livonze next episode.

Spoilers (90% accurate, first posted in Jan/Feb)

It was all part of the plan.

Mar 15, 2008 9:43 PM

Nov 2006
JOHANN AND MIHAELLLLLL
NOOOOOOOoOOoOoOoOoo
Mar 16, 2008 8:31 PM

Jan 2007
that was f***ing awesome. I am so pumped. I missed seeing some CB kickass.
Mar 16, 2008 8:57 PM

Jul 2007
Holy crap! one of the best episodes yet, the ending left me speechless and hungry for more!
Mar 16, 2008 9:12 PM
Jan 2008
haha yup, episode 23 is getting fansubbed right now yay ^_^
Mar 16, 2008 9:42 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it happened to me again!!!! Series get licensed and I don't notice until I think "hmmm... haven't seen any new episodes for that in a while...". First Shigofumi, then True Tears, now Gundam? *cries*

Well, off to download torrents....
Mar 16, 2008 9:47 PM

Mar 2007
Kineta said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it happened to me again!!!! Series get licensed and I don't notice until I think "hmmm... haven't seen any new episodes for that in a while...". First Shigofumi, then True Tears, now Gundam? *cries*

Well, off to download torrents....
uwah , got licensed ?

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 16, 2008 9:54 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
kurotsuki said:
uwah , got licensed ?
Yup. Don't ask me when it's coming out, though.

I watch currently airing anime on a streaming site rather than downloading everything onto my poor little laptop (I do need to do work on it too xD) and whenever a series gets licensed, they stop uploading new eps... so I usually don't find out for 2-3 weeks after the fact, and then I'm so behind T.T
Mar 16, 2008 9:58 PM

Mar 2007
Kineta said:
kurotsuki said:
uwah , got licensed ?
Yup. Don't ask me when it's coming out, though.

I watch currently airing anime on a streaming site rather than downloading everything onto my poor little laptop (I do need to do work on it too xD) and whenever a series gets licensed, they stop uploading new eps... so I usually don't find out for 2-3 weeks after the fact, and then I'm so behind T.T

I see
Thing is , there as been no other word of a license .
Oh well.

Mar 16, 2008 10:01 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
That's weird... usually I just take their word on it, but it looks like some other sites have been screwing up whether it's licensed or not...

Weird. But as you say, oh well. Doesn't make my situation any different xD
Mar 16, 2008 10:06 PM

Mar 2007
Kineta said:
That's weird... usually I just take their word on it, but it looks like some other sites have been screwing up whether it's licensed or not...

Weird. But as you say, oh well. Doesn't make my situation any different xD

lol yeah since you can always find a way to see it.
I wouldn't mind it to be licensed anyway since I'd buy the DVD so since i haven't heard any other place report the licensing , this came out as a surprise.

Mar 16, 2008 10:12 PM
Jan 2008
hmm I saw around the net gundam 00 season 1 goin to be licensed in 2009....correct me if I'm wrong...
Mar 16, 2008 10:14 PM

Mar 2007
dunno about that.
If Bandai is going to do the same thing they did for Code Geass , they will probably announce the license around of the big event like AX ...so maybe they'll announce it this year.

Mar 16, 2008 11:10 PM
Jan 2008
well if it is in 2009, we can still get our hands on gundam 00 season 2 ^__^
Mar 17, 2008 12:20 AM

Sep 2007
I heard something about Cartoon Network picking up 00, but that's prolly all hersay and speculation. As far as I know, though, it's not currently licensed (AnimeSuki still has links, and they're usually pretty good about stopping linking after a show gets licensed)...
Mar 17, 2008 5:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I liked this episode a lot, it's weird to see the Trans-Am come out from nowhere but I liked that Ali went against the Trinitys and cut'em up like that.

Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 17, 2008 5:34 PM

Mar 2007
Requal said:
According to the spoilers (which have been 90% accurate up to ep 22), Alejxandro should be killed by Livonze next episode.

Spoilers (90% accurate, first posted in Jan/Feb)

It was all part of the plan.

Care posting the link, as ep 23 throws the predictions off course, although prediction #27 is a likely ending to the series

Dibs on Ishida!
Mar 24, 2008 4:57 PM
Feb 2008
Very very cool. Looks like I'm in for a great first half end to the series. On the other hand I feel the wait for season 2 could as painful as Code Geass' return...

May 13, 2008 6:12 PM

Apr 2008
Exia...went Shining Gundam?! o.o
Jun 9, 2008 2:03 PM

May 2008
seriously amazing episode. but i dont understand why every time some one retreats in this anime they just let them go. i dont think there was a single time when some one gave chase after a retreating enemy. ali al whatever should die a humiliating death at the hands of setsuna. and is the exia the same gundam from setsuna's flashbacks? if so wth happend to the wing looking gn particles thingymajig.
Jul 30, 2008 4:45 PM

May 2007
That episode was just fucking awesome. I didn't have high expectations when starting this series either.
Aug 2, 2008 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
I was blown away by this episode. I never liked the Trinity and now I feel sorry for them? @_@ Awesome episode!
Sep 16, 2008 8:36 AM

Jun 2007
I was waiting for Exia to unleash something special! So all the Gundams will have some mad power now? Ali makes a cool antagonist.

Can't say I'm too upset about the Trinity brothers...Although that was a harsh way to bow out.

In conclusion: Lockon looks awesome with an eyepatch!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 25, 2009 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
Very exciting episode. O___O

BEGINNER
Apr 16, 2009 11:56 PM

Mar 2007
Whoa, Ali really did a number on Trinity. After I got over my shock I actually felt a little bad for Michel.

Is he the best pilot of all of them? Better even than Graham Acre? I'd love to see them both go at it. I mean, we already know that with equal technology Ali would kick Setsuna's a$$ in a MS fight.
May 28, 2009 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
Ali. What a marvelous asshole.

Trans-Am was necessary to give the Gundams a fighting chance at this point.
Aug 5, 2009 8:50 PM

May 2008
starseeker said:
THIS EPISODE IS EPIC
This.
Jun 16, 2010 6:19 PM
Feb 2010
EPIC episode.

Loved Exia's Trans-Am mode, Tieria's soft side showing, and the Trinities' deaths (Nena should go join her brothers too).

Jan 18, 2011 9:49 AM

Oct 2008
Glad to see the Gundams leveled up. I was wondering what was going to happen, since defeating so many Gundams with eh GN drive was looking impossible. I even started to feel bad for Trinity Gundam pilots and glad at least one of them survived (even though Nena was the one to senselessly kill all those people at the wedding).

Great episode.
Mar 5, 2011 12:16 AM

Aug 2009
Fixed? Why the term fixed?

Poor, Lockon. He lost his right eye. :/

Oh my, this episode is EPIC!
Best episode for me!

So the four original drives had Trans-Am system which makes them faster and stronger.

Poor Nena, losing her two brothers.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 22, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2009
I am just sad that the sister of the trinity wasn't killed as well.
She was the one I hated the most.
Jul 9, 2011 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
To say Aeolia was well-prepared is an understatement. Just how many backup plans does that guy have? Even in death he is still pulling strings from behind!

The arrival of the mass-produced pseudo GN Drives combined with superior tactics by military forces exposed the weakness of the Trinity faction: they weren't very skilled pilots. Nena survived, but what role could she possibly play now that her faction has been eliminated? What about Saji? Last 3 episodes for season 1...
Sep 7, 2012 11:19 PM

Dec 2008
Neena should have died, she's too annoying. CB pilots are not special at all, they just have the upper hand with technology.
Sep 13, 2012 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Well one of the Trinities had to survive and saying Aeolia was well-prepared is a huge understatement.
Sep 3, 2013 6:00 AM
Sep 2012
okay .. first of all aeolia is fucking great , he is a legend
Jan 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Leave it to Aeolia to have a trick like that stored away - his death triggers his final hope. I couldn't help but feel for Trinity this episode, but I still wish Nena had died instead of Mihael. I wonder what Saji's role is going to be in all of this, it really seems like they're setting him up to either take on his father/sister's will with journalism or possibly become an avenger at some point.
Apr 23, 2014 5:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Trinity's got what they deserved after their slaughter of innocent civilians.

ONe more powerup for the Gundam's. I wonder what else Aeolia had in store for them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 25, 2014 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
Ali Al-Saachez! Yeah! He just walks down and shoots 'em.

Been waiting for him to steal Throne2. I forgot Setsuna faught him here though... also forgot trans-am was revealed there too.
Aug 7, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
More mystery added to the plot and characters continue dropping like flies. It's weird how it works; I was rooting for the HRL when they stopped Trinity's intervention and knocked their asses out, now all of a sudden I was thrilled that Setsuna showed up and saved Nina. Nina. The most sadistic bitch in the entire group. How the hell did that even happen?

Yeah... I wish Johann was the one saved instead, though. He was the only one I liked. *sigh*

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 13, 2014 3:09 AM

Feb 2013
Lol.............Exia got the Red Comet Syndrom
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Requal - Mar 28, 2008

187 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 27, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KrylonBlue - Feb 23, 2008

73 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Feb 16, 2008

82 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 26, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 2, 2007

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:31 PM

» This has aged poorly or is it just me? New To G00 but not G series

BiobulletM - Jun 13, 2022

9 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.