Anime & Manga News

Seiyuu Marina Oono Ends Her 19 Years of Seiyuu Career

by tsubasalover
Apr 13, 8:12 AM | 18 Comments
Seiyuu Marina Oono has announced via her Twitter account on Monday that she will retire at the end of next year. She mentioned that she was blissful for being able to make her dreams come true on voicing characters for 19 years with everyone's help.

Born Hiromi Katayama, Oono voiced Faury Carat from Aoi Umi no Tristia, Oruphaliru Redspirit from Eien no Aselia and more. She mostly voiced many adult themed works under the name of Chihiro Kanzaki.

Source: Ota☆Suke

18 Comments Recent Comments

I wish Kana wouldn't do the same.

Apr 15, 6:29 PM by Heika-

Boss, how old is she? I want to know her daily diet. I'm glad to know that one should moan more often to get a young look like that!

By the way, your title was intense. I thought it was. .

Apr 15, 12:16 PM by hazecloud

the vn thing makes more sense, although i will be checking out that hentai. also did some space stuff i might as well check out. as long as she is happy then tata

Apr 15, 7:07 AM by RedPlaty

Hatsuyuki said:
tsubasalover said:
Marina Oono mentioned that she was blissful for being able to make her dreams come true on voicing characters for 19 years with everyone's help.


> voiced hentai heroines

yeah i'm pretty sure that was a dream come true
130+ roles in visual novels and automatically her career is summed up to voicing hentai. There's a vast difference between eroge and nukige.

That aside I have always been curious about Eien no Aselia it's one of the jrpgs in visual novels that stands out and I have heard nothing but praise.

Apr 15, 2:41 AM by StormVanguard

ClodRaker said:
JuStS0mE0nE said:
19 years !? but she didn't have that many roles so how ?


She did a fuckton (heh!) of VN work. Over 130 roles, apparently.

oh i see, thank you.

Apr 14, 1:50 PM by JuStS0mE0nE

JuStS0mE0nE said:
19 years !? but she didn't have that many roles so how ?


She did a fuckton (heh!) of VN work. Over 130 roles, apparently.

Apr 14, 12:43 PM by ClodRaker

19 years !? but she didn't have that many roles so how ?

Apr 14, 8:52 AM by JuStS0mE0nE

I'm not familiar with her work but I wish her a happy retirement all the same.

Apr 13, 8:06 PM by Arillion

Hope she finds a new path in life.

Apr 13, 6:47 PM by phoenixalia

She was a Visual Novel seiyu if you search her catalogue in VNDB you encounter all her past jobs.

Apr 13, 5:54 PM by Horoislife

so she voiced the pink hair girl in Eiken
I can never forget that pair of

lenses cause they weren't very many megane chara there

Apr 13, 3:28 PM by ahneeme

Enjoy your retirement.

Apr 13, 11:53 AM by Haneken2086

tsubasalover said:
Marina Oono mentioned that she was blissful for being able to make her dreams come true on voicing characters for 19 years with everyone's help.


> voiced hentai heroines

yeah i'm pretty sure that was a dream come true

Apr 13, 10:14 AM by Hatsuyuki

She looks a bit young at her age (I saw her proflie, so...). At this point I didn't know her.

Apr 13, 10:13 AM by minimiau

Nou-Tan said:
I really don't know why posting news about unpopular seiyuu who retired , they are not popular at all and they did no special roles , and more like , they aren't even considered a seiyuu

Slow news day. Maybe someone cares about not hearing her moans anymore while fapping.

Apr 13, 9:27 AM by Infatuate

Nou-Tan said:
I really don't know why posting news about unpopular seiyuu who retired , they are not popular at all and they did no special roles , and more like , they aren't even considered a seiyuu


Wow dude, she's enough popular to have her in the database and many of their roles if not important were part of something back in the years. Just chill

Apr 13, 9:22 AM by TenRX

She looks so young even though she's older than me. Godspeed to you.

Apr 13, 8:22 AM by LunyRem

I really don't know why posting news about unpopular seiyuu who retired , they are not popular at all and they did no special roles , and more like , they aren't even considered a seiyuu

Apr 13, 8:15 AM by Nou-Tan

Related Database Entries