Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Reflecting all the events this season, this one had a strange emotional tone that was felt throughout the episode. Even Yuzuriha and her dialogues carried weight.

Obviously, even though Gabimaru and the crew survived this far up to this point, the story is far from over and there's still many problems unresolved. Seeing Sagiri calm and collected again is a relieving sight though and she remembers all her comrades. Looking forward to season 2!

Jun 2019
Finally, the show ended. The world has been set up pretty nicely and there are a lot of mysteries still that need to be solved. Both about the island and the Tensen themselves. The island is no easy place and the Tensen are a huge problem. So, losing companions in this show is always a possibility. There are many enjoyable characters and backstories of these characters. Everyone has their own motives which is respectable.

This episode in general was pretty amazing with all the action. Gotta say the Makita X Omine X Shishido combo popped off on the finale of this show. Overall, it was a really good episode. Loved Shion and how badass he was. The teamwork of others was great as well but this was Shion's episode. Senta did his part as well on the verge of death. RIP Senta. You did great, my boy. Gabimaru can't remember anything and now leaving us all in question as if His wife was real or an illusion all along. Poor Gabimaru. We'll only get to know the answer to this in the next season. It was a perfect place to end this season. I enjoyed it a lot. Can't wait for more.

Season 2 is incoming.

May 2020
GOAT Shion with that last minute entrance and just straight to the business.. he’s certainly a man of goals. Can’t even ignore the fact that he was fighting toe to toe with Mu Dan’s flower form, and that too alone. But I mean there’s just so much a mortal could do. Shion may push Mu Dan back a bit, but it isn’t as if he’ll go down that way. 

Thus comes the coordination. Covered with that sticky cum of Yuzuriha, Sagiri and Nurugai provided enough for Shion to land himself a chance and give that critical blow right at the navel. That was brutal but somewhat a scenery at the same time, when Mu Dan took its last breath. Down to 6 now.

Senta’s death did get a meaning after all in the end. But he was still unlucky, though hey atleast he died in the hands of the one he used to look up to. That still doesn’t change the fact they’re down to four Asaemons now. By the way if it wasn’t through actions, music at the very least played a big part in evoking some emotions. 

I liked how they decided to conclude this one by placing a doubt or heck doing a complete one-eighty in regards to Gabimaru’s motivations for the viewers. Liked it that way, and I mean Gabimaru has lost his memory too. So more questions leading to the second cour.

First cour done and expectedly it turned out good. Though part of that reason goes to the strong first half of the manga. It wasn't until the last stages where things dipped a bit.

By the way if it's really rumoured to be a two-cour thing, then I just can't see how they'll adapt close to 80 odd chapters in some 12-13 episodes unless they do a Flash. 

Jul 2017
Shion may have come for the clutch to save Senta out from his human flower transformation, but this battle isn't the easiest to conquer.

Senta may have been saved, but that does not defect the fact that his transmutation cannot be stopped. With the Tensen Mu Dan's evolution, Shion tries his best to defeat it, but while he gets hit by the flowers, he's not afraid of death while risking his body of any moves needed. Sagiri prepares to aid Shion, and Nurugai supplements with his tao on her while the trio strategizes with Yuzuriha's mucus being a protective shield. Indeed, Sagiri is a good decoy while Shion focuses on killing the tanden spot of Mu Dan with Nurugai, though as time passes, Shion feels the pinch, but focuses his all to slay the tanden. With expected help from Senta, targeting Mu Dan's ovule is the key, and for this, a Tensen is finally defeated for good.

With extensive damage, Yuzuriha has only enough for one person's recovery, though she can't promise that they have to drag Senta along with him, since he's the one who's most injured and on the way towards death. At the very least, her words of consolation helped make his passing a sweet one, though this is where Sagiri makes the conviction that either criminal or Yamada Asaemon executioner, it doesn't matter anymore, everyone has to escape the island in one piece. A discussion between everyone on how Tao is used to defeat the Tensen, and regardless of if the Elixir of Life exists, as an illusion or something else like memory impairment, Gabimaru's definitely hiding something, something from his part as a shinobi, and furthermore, for his wife. But even he could not remember who his companions are now, so that's a cause for concern.

Sagiri's concerns for Gabimaru, as valid as they are, she wants to see him reuniited with his wife, even if it's all a lie...all for a midway stopping point.

That's the end of Season 1, Season 2's coming soon...
KANLen09Jul 2, 2023 11:17 AM
Jul 1, 2023 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
Unpopular opinion: This is one of the best battle shounens of these past 10 years. Even better than Demon Slayer.
Love the very oriental aesthetic of everything while also being super creepy and creative with the villains.
The plot is simple but very enjoyable.
9/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 1, 2023 8:31 AM

May 2020
can't believe they left on such a massive cliffhanger
so gabimarus wife might not be real
this was such an amazing anime
I feel like it still received too much hate
I loved it
season 2 has been announced already
hopefully, it airs soon
solid 9/10
Homura24Jul 2, 2023 6:31 AM

Jul 1, 2023 8:39 AM

Jun 2014
Shion is THAT motherfucker, THAT'S MY GOAT. Once again we see more tactics and teamwork used to defeat Mu Dan. Even Senta offered a final contribution by telling Shion where to strike. RIP Senta, you did good to the very end. We got more info about Tao so now the audience should better understand how it generally works. Time for the group to rest up now that they've done what was thought to be impossible by beating a Tensen. Also, Yuzuriha in that dress had me feeling some kind of way, exquisite 😩😩😩😩

Cutting back to the other group, it looks like Gabimaru is suffering from amnesia, potentially as a side effect from Tao usage. At the same time that he's struggling to remember those around him, and even his own wife, Yuzuriha brings up a good question: is Gabimaru's wife even real? Something interesting to ponder as the story goes on. For now let's just hope Gabimaru's memories return soon. 

Nice cliffhanger teasing a character that will be major going forward, and I'm glad we got an immediate second season announcement. This season was good and adapted the source material well, my main issue was the inconsistency in the visuals. Hopefully the production of next season is much better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 1, 2023 8:42 AM
Dec 2022
where are u watching it?
Jul 1, 2023 8:54 AM
May 2021
Nice closure to s1, overall adaptation was good.
Cant wait for more Jigokuraku!!
Jul 1, 2023 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
This show was kinda meh at times

I hope season 2 is better
Jul 1, 2023 8:59 AM
Sep 2021
Shion with the help of sagiri and others defeated Jiujun but gabimaru has lost his memory and interesting twist indeed and also a cliffhanger, excited for s2,
Jul 1, 2023 9:03 AM
Mar 2020
Best anime of this season so far for me.
Jul 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow. Mappa did a great job with the animation. Story is not special, but fun.
7/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Aug 2011
How faithful is this to the manga? Will I be okay if I just continue from some later point in manga or will some details be missed? Which chapter should I continue from? Would really appreciate some pointers if manga readers are here! I really liked the anime.
Jul 1, 2023 9:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The island has only served to make Shion that much more powerful. Still the fact that even mere scratches would create the flowers was unsettling. The teamwork between the three was just so impressive and created one hell of a memorable fight. The battlefield can be cruel place which was a harsh lesson for Sagiri but also served to give her the motivation she needed to steel her resolve. Still RIP Senta. If the chief was capable of that level of impairment though then thats some power he has. Still since they stepped foot on the island the cost in lives had been steep. Overall as finale's go a mighty fine one that managed to finish the season with a epic fight while establishing a strong foundation for the next season. It would be devastating if Yui was an illusion all along.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nah I need s2 now 😩.

They set up so much in this world that I need to see paid off in the story. One of the coolest premises I’ve seen in a while and imo the best battle shonen from MAPPA.

Finale itself was awesome. I knew Shion couldn’t have taken the tensen out that easily, but the scene of him mastering his tao and finally beating Mu Dan was great. We now know these “gods” are killable.

Feel so bad for my boy senta, tho. He had such an admiration and respect for Yuzuriha and she was so just easily able to let him die. Not that it wasn’t the right choice in the moment. Shion was stronger and with a limited amount of salve only one could get it, but still the emotionless way in which she did it

Like how Sagiri shut down any potential romantic ideas between she and Gabimaru lol. One of my fave parts of this series is how it shows a genuine respect and admiration between a male and female lead as opposed to taking the easy way out with a romance.

Gabimaru losing his memories is an interesting twist. Mai can see something is wrong, but due to her limited vocabulary probably can’t express it. And a new bodyguard is coming to the island? Yea season 2 is gonna be awesome.
Marinate1016Jul 1, 2023 9:18 AM
Jul 1, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
ZER0PT said:
Unpopular opinion: This is one of the best battle shounens of these past 10 years. Even better than Demon Slayer.
Love the very oriental aesthetic of everything while also being super creepy and creative with the villains.
9/10

10000 percent. Said exactly that in my review for it. It’s MAPPA best product
Jul 1, 2023 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
That was a close one for Shion. Savage how he cut himself to stop the flowers from sprouting. Senta unfortunately wasn't as lucky ot should I say skilled(the irony of him not seeing it come despite the glasses on whereas the blind guy succeeded), yet he contributed to the victory as well. RIP boysimping ain't worth it

8/10

Pretty promising beginning to Hell's Paradise. I hope it gets even better later down the line. New characters? I'm all for that.

Marinate1016 said:
ZER0PT said:
9/10

Lol let's pretend JJK doesn't exist
FMmatronJul 1, 2023 9:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 1, 2023 9:14 AM
Mar 2023
The Shugen Teaser at the end
Jul 1, 2023 9:15 AM

Oct 2022
Shion really killed the Tensen, didn't thought that would happen. Now that we know the true weakness of the Tensen, there is a chance of winning and progress in the journey to find the Elixir of Life.

This anime was good, it has some mystery, action and good characters, but nothing sort of new. These 12 episodes were good but nothing special like Jujutsu Kaisen or Chainsaw Man (imo).

For me, 7/10.
Jul 1, 2023 9:25 AM
Aug 2022
Leaving my marks I'll back soon
Jul 1, 2023 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
They managed to take down a tensen. Senta died but luckily Shion is alive. Yuzuriha, Sagiri and Nurugai too. Yuzuriha looked pretty in new clothes and finally someone questioned Gabimaru's wife's existence. I really wonder if she exists. Seems like Gabimaru lost his memories and the illusions are wearing off him. Interested to know the truth.

I really liked the world building in this anime. Art style is neat too which makes it even better. Excited to see more in s2.
MegamiRemJul 2, 2023 4:32 AM
Jul 1, 2023 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
Shion is strong but Shugen is finally here

the production quality is so mid that made the anime adaptation even boring so im just gonna rate the manga higher since i enjoyed the experience of reading the full manga in the past while im just gonna watch the anime for the colors
Jul 1, 2023 9:41 AM
Apr 2017
great episode and adaptation from the source material!! finished the manga midway from the anime and I'm looking forward to the second season from how well it was adapted. Hanamori Yumiri voicing Sagiri and Rieri voicing Yuzuriha is such awesome casting!!!
Jul 1, 2023 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
Fight was cool asf, but yuzu's realist and pragmatic look on life stole da show... or her breasts either way its a win win keke damn new outfit means possible new fig.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 1, 2023 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
The first few episodes of this anime were really good, but to be honest, it went down from there.
Still a good anime, still a good season, just feels like it could have been, and should have been alot better.
Jul 1, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2018
If Yuzuriha had licked Sagiri somewhere else, this anime would earn a 10.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 1, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2020
I really enjoyed the show, particularly the lore and the animation, however I didn't get attached to any of the characters. Waiting for the second season anyway, hope it won't take too long to get released. 
Yuzuriha > Sagiri
Jul 1, 2023 9:55 AM

Mar 2023
this show felt a bit dry In the beginning, so I left it for a bit, but halfway in it definitely picked up for me ^^
Jul 1, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2022
I don’t think this was everything I was hoping for but it was really solid and one of the eBay of the season. Looking forward to more and reading the source material. Hopefully it continues to get better
Jul 1, 2023 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Great anime. Can't wait for S2
Jul 1, 2023 10:05 AM
Nov 2021
Shugen introduced.... Well the fight scenes were cool and rip to Senta,Shion is a monster though
Sequel isn't announced yet!!? It'll definitely get one, can't wait for the next season... Going to miss this
Spring season was great.. too many good ones to watch
Jul 1, 2023 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
So many questions left unanswered that it's kinda frustrating lol, hope season 2 comes faster
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2023 10:13 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
In he end, it was Shion who delivered the final bow to the Tensen's weakness with the help of Sagiri and Nurugai. However Senta died and was given a proper death burial which leaves us with four Asaemons executioners left on the island. Meanwhile Gabimaru seems to have forgotten his memories after the last fight as Mei can tell that part of his Tao is missing while the rest of his group is hiding in the cave. The episode ends on a cliffhanger with an after credit scene of the Shogun sending Asaemon Shugen to the island indicating another season is coming soon.

I liked Hell's Paradise as survival thriller series that leaves you on the edge of your seat. Sagiri is a good example of how to make a good female lead by giving her flaws to make her believable so that you can cheer for her on when she eventually wins and I wish western media would takes notes on this. I also liked the use of Taoism in terms of power scaling as Tao is measure of ones life force, but it also requires balance of weak and strong energies to be used properly in battle. The OP and ED were fire and I'm going to miss hearing them in Season 2.

8/10
Jul 1, 2023 10:16 AM

Mar 2021
Cool wife possible-twist I guess.

Sad how underwhelming this anime turned out to be. It's pretty mediocre on all fronts.

Can't say I'm interested for the second season.

Jul 1, 2023 10:22 AM
May 2022
There is no way the wife is a illusion I mean I like this ship noooo yuzuhi still got a point with the name but she is real roght I don’t know if I can wait until season 2 coming out I want too know it now 🫥🫥😨😭
Jul 1, 2023 10:23 AM

May 2015
It was...fine I guess.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 1, 2023 10:24 AM
Mar 2023
Can't wait for season 2
Jul 1, 2023 10:25 AM
Mar 2023
Can't wait for season 2
Jul 1, 2023 10:37 AM
Mar 2018
A well-planned ending for multiple storylines! Gabimaru seems to have a distortion in his tan/tao/energy and only those who can sense this energy can understand what's wrong with him, at least energy-wise. On the other side, the fight with the Tensen was good and not stretched out. Shout out to Shion considering he can already go crazy with tao and kudos to Sagiri regarding her improvement on her tao. The temple/building seems okay for now but no idea where they are and how much safe they can feel there... Moreover the theory about
was mind blowing considering this can be certainly on point. The ending was also exciting that
Jul 1, 2023 10:44 AM
May 2017
Can't wait for the 2nd Season!
Jul 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 1, 2023 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
An okay finale to a pretty lackluster and dry season overall of this show, although I do think it will pick up with the next season to come. Not jumping out of my seat for that season 2 announcement there though. Something felt missing for me here.
Jul 1, 2023 11:08 AM
Apr 2023
Amazingg animeee
Jul 1, 2023 11:24 AM

Feb 2021
At least one of them are dead. But it cost lot of people in the past to achieve that. Hopefully next season they are gonna kill them all and get the similar of elixir.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 1, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
FMmatron said:
That was a close one for Shion. Savage how he cut himself to stop the flowers from sprouting. Senta unfortunately wasn't as lucky ot should I say skilled(the irony of him not seeing it come despite the glasses on whereas the blind guy succeeded), yet he contributed to the victory as well. RIP boysimping ain't worth it

8/10

Pretty promising beginning to Hell's Paradise. I hope it gets even better later down the line. New characters? I'm all for that.

Marinate1016 said:

I already do since it’s ass
Jul 1, 2023 11:29 AM
Jun 2021
It had been really great so far, the animation or the aesthetics or even the vibe of the show never made me bore, good to see that it will return again to answer the unsolved mysteries

MY OVERALL RATING FOR SEASON 1: 8/10
A weak 8 & a lower A-Tier so far
Jul 1, 2023 11:30 AM
Jun 2021
Marinate1016 said:
FMmatron said:

8/10

I already do since it’s ass

Finally someone who thinks just like me! JJK is overrated based on what we have seen only in the anime so far
Jul 1, 2023 11:34 AM

Jul 2022
Still puzzled about the criticism the show was getting. I guess, people just like hating on something, fair enough.
I must admit this wasn´t the best episode, but I am liking Sigiri more and more. She is considerate, strong, kind and her character is growing throughout the series.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Jul 1, 2023 11:39 AM
Jun 2023
Avestus said:
How faithful is this to the manga? Will I be okay if I just continue from some later point in manga or will some details be missed? Which chapter should I continue from? Would really appreciate some pointers if manga readers are here! I really liked the anime.

if you want read manga and check chapter no 49 to 50 and this manga is very short you can finish quick. ending is pretty good and satisfy in my opinion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

202 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

198 by xjxlii »»
Jun 12, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by Lennygc »»
Jun 10, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

335 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

195 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.