Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Gabimaru had one hell of a fight this episode but I respect his fearless nature.

Not going to lie, I think this episode was fantastic for capturing the manga's emotions from start to finish. Even though Gabimaru had a feeling he might not come home, he fought with instinct. Gabimaru's VA bought out his personality really well imo.
Jun 3, 2023 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
A very terrifying but action-heavy episode. Gabimaru on his own going against the Tensen was such an incredible moment but soon Gabimaru realized that they were on a whole different level. Gabimaru held his own pretty well, but he couldn't do much against them. He was this close to dying but he was lucky that adorable Mei was there to save the day.

Then, we got to meet all the Tensen. We're further entering deeper into the enemies' territory and seems like even the Tensen are not invincible. Gabimaru sure did a lot of damage there. We also got to know more about the Groot creatures and why that happened. That was quite sad. Very interesting developments happening in the show. The world is gonna become more interesting soon for this show.
Jun 3, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
As Gabimaru stated last time, now that he got his priorities straight and knows it’s time to act rather than chit chatting, he did exactly that. Sneaked past the group while they were sleeping to act alone. And trust me it didn’t even take a minute before he encountered a hazard.. a Tensen and the one we’re familiar with, Zhu Jin, the one who killed Tenza.

Those freaking punches.. hell yeah. This was Gabimaru’s first major fight in the manga, and to look back how gory it was, there’s one thing Mappa did right, they didn’t hold back with the blood, and neither with those scenes of twisted necks or almost broken bones. Gabimaru won the first round, until Zhu Jin transformed into a monster flower and fucking snapped him into two. One more attack and it would’ve been over for Gabimaru, for real. That’s when Mei arrived and saved the day. Barely escaped with Gabimaru though.

Finally, all of the seven Tensen(s) made their appearance, and they share the same voice of course. Creepy as fuck if nothing, and their deeds too. Leaving them aside this episode covered the first major fight and it was actually adapted and animated well. Good for Mappa.
Jun 3, 2023 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Gabimaru and the others nearing the epicenter that is Horai, and the deeper he goes, the more mysterious it becomes...leading to the true Shinsenkyo. And Tensen wanting access into there as well, she's clearly also there to go back, and Gabimaru did one hell of a fight to test of its abilities, which it matches quite well with it. The Tensen does not have any weakness, not until Gabimaru finds out what works and not, and the sex change aside, Garimaru did his best to push it back to the best that he could. But that ultimately gave birth to a big flower demon, and its attacks are massively ferocious that not even Gabimaru's magic can hold off against them. A dream that gets Gabimaru transported back to his wife, even for a moment, clicks with him on the verge of death, but not before dealing massive damage to it instinctively.

With Mei saving Gabimaru, the Groot creature takes them towards Horai to find Gabimaru, and explains that the Tensen are 7 hermits, all with their various unique powers and like a closely-knit family, which are one body that ruled the paradise island. The criminals and the Yamada Asaemon executors are no mere humans this time, though there were humans with villages prospering until people transform into trees when they die, with the sound being that of praying, the final resting place.

Gabimaru, having encountered Zhu Jin, this wouldn't be the last. This only goes to show that the fight against even one Tensen is THAT bad, the true ones will pour sweat, tears and blood towards death. Chilling, but it's all for the Elixir.
Jun 3, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2022
i thought that girl was also a hermit
Jun 3, 2023 9:04 AM
Mar 2023
Mappa killed it with that episode.
Definitely best Episode of the Season so far, the 2 week wait was worth it.
Jun 3, 2023 9:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A literal knowlege overload. As ever the instant regen of the tensen are damm impressive. But that fight really showed well just how powerful their regen is even in the face of normally anti regen techniques like incineration. That fight though was damm impressive whether in terms of combat animation or the skills of the respective fighters. Mei's entry really was damm timely. Being able to see how the Tensen operate and behave off the field was pretty insightful. One god split into seven individuals huh. Must be alarming to suddenly start transforming into a tree and eventually end up one that is immobile. Looks like the survivors are starting to regroup before starting their charge at Horai. Overall a pretty balanced ep that featured a badass fight scene with Gabi while expanding a lot on the tensen as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2023 9:07 AM

Feb 2021
A cool frame at 14:14

Kinda funny how all Tensen have the same male and female VA
Jun 3, 2023 9:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, that was some battle! Gabimaru put up a good fight but sadly the Tensen are just too strong. And there are seven of them, yikes. Looks like they have to periodically take in the immortality potion or elixir. It's nice to see that Gabimaru is not overwhelmed by their presence though. Hopefully, that criminal in the end won't cause too much of a hassle. 

On the other hand, it's good to see Aza-san carry his brother and get out of that pit. I was thinking surely they couldn't have finished them off already, they have a solid appearance in the Op, lol. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 3, 2023 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
That was a fierce fight, Gabimaru almost died and almost managed to kill his opponent too I think? Glad Mei saved him, she's a sweet girl.
Jun 3, 2023 9:20 AM
Sep 2021
The fight was really good and good some really good insight on tensen.
Jun 3, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
Credit where credit is due, the animation was markedly better than the previous few, especially in the fight scene, which looked decent. Not really invested in the story itself, but at least there's more value here than the current season of Demon Slayer to be seen.

The lore about the trees reminded me a bit of The Ancient Magus' Bride, where the dragons turned into greenery after their death. At least that part was interesting.
Jun 3, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
Now I see that Tensen is defeatable, but I feel like they'll eventually merge into one singular entity at some point.
Jun 3, 2023 9:37 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like the extra week helped, as the fight animation was clearly and noticeably better in this episode. Gabimaru did an impressive job of holding his own against Zhu Jin, until they went into their Kishikai transformation. Once again, the author must have been on some crazy shit to come up with these designs 💀 thankfully little Mei trailed Gabi and saved his ass. 

We got to see the rest of the Tensen, and man, Junichi Suwabe and Yuko Kaida certainly have to earn these paychecks since they need to voice all 7 of them lol. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 3, 2023 9:39 AM

Feb 2022
Best ep by far the fight was 🔥🔥
Jun 3, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode of Jigo for sure, they needed that two week break for such an action heavy episode. Wish the staff had more time consistently, but it is what it is.

Honestly Gabimaru looked more terrifying than Zhu Jin. He was working him lol. Still, after like 15 minutes of fighting even that wasn’t enough to take down a Tensen so I wonder how they’re gonna take out 7 of these mfs.

Really want to find out the lore and everything that makes these tensen and the island tick, they do a good job of keeping you hooked on the story and tuning back in week after week
Jun 3, 2023 9:49 AM

Aug 2021
Gabimaru might be more immortal than these tensen lol
Jun 3, 2023 9:49 AM
Mar 2023
probalby the best episode so far
Jun 3, 2023 9:53 AM
May 2020
Second best fight of season!

First is Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Ep 9!
Jun 3, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode, great fight.

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 3, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 2019
Probably the most interesting ep so far.
Jun 3, 2023 10:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ok seriously, i need Yuzuriha to actually be the center of attention for once instead of just kinda being "there"

that fight was pretty badass though, considering we haven't really gotten many fights

and ofc....

most of the 7 gods prefer being guys.... 
Jun 3, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2023
i liked it 10/10 anime
Jun 3, 2023 10:07 AM
Apr 2022
Need sometime to digest this episode!
Jun 3, 2023 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
Right into another fight? Gantetsusai seems too powerful, so it would be a waste not to team up with him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 3, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2019
Great episode with a great fight in Gabimaru vs a Tensen although I thought Gabimaru acted reckless by going by himself but luckily Mei trailed him. Speaking of Mei, she is mysterious and I wonder if she herself is young Tensen or something? The Tensen that Gabimaru injured knows about Mei and they shared a similar intense punch. Anyways, the Tensen seem to have some free will as the one that encountered Gabimaru was initially going to let him go and Mei probably rescued him after Sagiri showed her kindness and thinks of them as friendly.

Towards the end Gabimaru encountered another criminal but I'm questioning his stamina and energy after that intense fight if he has to fight again so soon.
Jun 3, 2023 10:23 AM

Dec 2020
That fight gabimaru vs this god/monster was so nice and how they changed the gender, gabimaru is really crazy on this last stage.
Then the girl has saved him from the death.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 3, 2023 10:42 AM
Dec 2022
Bro that beating to that monster was fireee
Jun 3, 2023 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Gabimaru going berserk was a sight to see. 
Jun 3, 2023 11:05 AM
Oct 2021
can’t believe i’ve waited 2 weeks for this ep. so damn excited
Jun 3, 2023 11:06 AM

May 2015
Throwing punches like there is no tommorow.

ALSO, I knew. The Elixir is Vodka!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 3, 2023 11:16 AM

Oct 2018
I think this is the most lukewarm anime I've ever seen. There's nothing necessarily bad about it, but there's also nothing necessarily good.
I hope the Blu-ray release comes with some boobies, that would greatly improve it.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 3, 2023 11:21 AM
May 2023
i dont wanna wait a week for 10 aaaaaaaaaaa
Jun 3, 2023 11:22 AM
Feb 2019
I'm just trying to get back to my wife.
Jun 3, 2023 11:43 AM

Dec 2017
This episode turned out so bad, everything from voice acting to the music. It's like they are trying to hype up a naruto-sasuke fight in the middle of "hell's paradise" with that shitty bgm. The whole tensen-so-mysterious aura got ruined in this single episode. I get mappa don't want any effort put into this anime but all they had to do right were the tensen, if not the fight.

To think I stopped reading the manga just to see this abhorrent episode :/
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jun 3, 2023 12:02 PM
May 2017
Gabimaru is that mf guy. He nearly solo'd the monster with no prior intel. If he had that or a team to fight with him, that monster would have died. But due to him pushing the monster that far, we learned a weakness of theirs. Basically if they expend too much energy regenerating and transforming, it takes a toll on their vitality as we see it was reduced to an elderly appearance. I'm also starting to wonder the true nature of that little girl, the monster knew of her and chose to back off and let her escape with Gabimaru. It lied to their comrades and said it killed Gabimaru though lmao

Other than that, I'm glad those two brothers made it out of the pit. No doubt they will grow stronger and maybe even get revenge on those other two. I kinda wish Gabimaru teamed with them instead of that annoying woman and glasses. While they aren't anymore trustworthy, they'd pull more weight I think. I'm anime only though, maybe glasses and annoying woman have something up their sleeves to make me recant my assumptions

Jun 3, 2023 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
weak sakuga again

but i already read the manga so im just watching for the color version at this point
Jun 3, 2023 12:24 PM
Dec 2016
They should've just delayed this anime. I was hoping this fight would at least look good, but I guess I was expecting too much.
Jun 3, 2023 12:29 PM

Aug 2022
What a great fight!
Jun 3, 2023 12:46 PM
Feb 2020
great episode but considering its mappa the animation should be better they are taking on to many projects at a time
Jun 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Nov 2017
Not gods butmonsters. Good, now just kick their butts
Jun 3, 2023 1:13 PM

Sep 2015
Some Sagiri screen time, i'm not complaining !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 3, 2023 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
The Tensen are no joke holy shit , I cant imagine how that purple haired tensen’s strength is
Jun 3, 2023 1:55 PM

Apr 2018
that hand to hand choreography was nuts with the camera movement

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 3, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2023
I really like the Tensen designs to be honest, but I still think that not explaining Gabimaru's power source is nothing more than an excuse to have a protagonist with a meaningless broken power scale.
Jun 3, 2023 2:05 PM
May 2021
Best ep man, Hells Paradise gets even better from this point 🔥
Jun 3, 2023 2:28 PM
Mar 2023
purrfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2023 2:30 PM

Jul 2022
wtf man u can't just end it there i need MOARRRRR
Jun 3, 2023 2:34 PM
Oct 2016
Gabimaru first encounter with a Tensen. We've already seen how strong these Tensen are when fighting other criminal and Asaemon but not our main boy Gabimaru until now. Running off on his own into that thick fog by himself not wanting to sit around for answers. A quickly regrettable decision when a Tensen appears behind Gabimaru at the gates of the inner most section of the island. Gabimaru did a great job holding his own against a Tensen. His flurry of punches smashing the Tensen into bits. The animation looked great panning out then back in showing just how fast the two are moving. The best we've seen so far considering he didn't die or get beaten almost instantly. Chobei and Tenza during their respective encounters with Tensen didn't do much more than getting a few hits in. Gabimaru however forced this thing into using its transformation which we see for the first time here. 

A crazy giant flower monstrosity that has electricity and tendrils wrapping Gabimaru up. Trying desperately to damage this thing as much as possible using his ninjutsu even to no real avail. The fire technique is definitely hurting them more than normal punches but still not enough. Very interesting conversation between the Tensen themselves at the end of the episode. Dropping some more information that will be important later, including the name of something the Tensen use to create their power and what that giant flower transformation is called. Mei coming in to save Gabimaru was awesome. Nice to have a clutch little kid you just helped with their self-esteem come save your life from a giant flower.
Jun 3, 2023 2:55 PM

Apr 2021
deg said:
weak sakuga again

but i already read the manga so im just watching for the color version at this point

This was literally the best thing we got from the anime ever since the fight at the end of ep 2. Get your eyes checked.

Vague0 said:
This episode turned out so bad, everything from voice acting to the music. It's like they are trying to hype up a naruto-sasuke fight in the middle of "hell's paradise" with that shitty bgm. The whole tensen-so-mysterious aura got ruined in this single episode. I get mappa don't want any effort put into this anime but all they had to do right were the tensen, if not the fight.

To think I stopped reading the manga just to see this abhorrent episode :/

??? What the fuck about the voice acting was "bad"? Same about the music. This production is nothing special, but you people are on some high drugs acting as if the anime is outright awful.

And the problem here is not "thEy DonT WanNA PuT EFfORt". It's the show having terrible scheduling and resources to be made.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

556 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.