Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2021 4:51 PM
Mar 2021
It was an amazing movie, the animation/artwork was beautiful and it had a lot of action, Rengoku vs Akaza was AMAZING, Rengoku death was very impactful for the demon slayer corps and Hashira, good movie 10/10.
Apr 24, 2021 6:24 PM

Jan 2017
Was nice, not the biggest demon slayer fan but its hard to not get hyped at some points. Really only went to see Rengoku vs Akaza but they did a really good job making everything else just as interesting and visually amazing.
Apr 24, 2021 9:18 PM
Aug 2020
me and my dad went to see it at our local theater. I had no words.
I could not have gotten a better anime movie watching experience

the animation was mind blowing

the music was epic

the emotions and acting were spot on

there wasn’t a single person in the theatre who wasn’t crying by the very end

like bro the tears were just streaming out from my eyes i don’t think i’ve ever cried that much during a movie

overall 10 from me
Apr 24, 2021 10:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I enjoyed the first season but I had problems that made me stopped to be a big fan of it.... but goddamn it was worth going for it.

Still has problems but they didn't ruin the experience as much as the ones I had in the first season.

8/10.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 25, 2021 2:25 AM

Jan 2021
Pretty awesome movie! Animation is outstanding as always!
The fight between Rengoku and Crescent 3 had me shaking, it was amazing.
One of the best animated movies I've seen on theaters for a while.

Apr 25, 2021 5:49 AM

Aug 2019
man Rengoku seeing his mother and getting praised had me close to tearing up not going to lie, personally this makes me more hyped for the second season; really going to miss him though because in just two hours he shot up to my favorite character in the whole series
Apr 25, 2021 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Just got back from theatres. First off, of course I make the mistake of buying my ticket in english dub instead of sub. That’s just so me. And then when the movie started, 2-3 people started laughing a few rows back because they themselves made the same mistake. I’ll have to rewatch in sub with digital release.

Overall the big screen definitely enhanced my viewing experience even tho my crowd kinda sucked. The sound and animation were quite something to experience in theatres. Soundtrack was solid; OST from Rengoku fight was hyphy. I have 0 complaints for the last hour of the movie including the final Rengoku fight with upper 3. Ufotable went above and beyond and I cant do anything else other than bow my head in respect. What they can produce inhouse is spectacular.

But the first hour of the movie definitely drags at times. I knew where the meat was and getting there through the first hour actually felt like 1.5. There was still some great moments in the dream sequence but overall I’d say that this is definitely where, to me, it felt like watching 2-3 episodes of the tv series in one sitting rather than an actual movie. And the CG train monster battle was definitely a bit too long.

I’d give the movie 8/10 7/10 after rewatch, the first half or two third is painful to sit through more than once.

As far as best movie goes, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are most definitely superior in quality.
KneelBeforeMeDec 25, 2021 12:21 PM
Apr 25, 2021 3:25 PM

Jun 2014
The first time Rengoku uses a flame attack with his sword and lights up the whole train seen from the outside -- i feel like they could have focused on that shot a little longer -- but it was an amazing shot no matter.

Tanjiro's dream broke me just about as hard as I expected it to. Seeing his family alive, but later he knows he has to leave them and wake up. And also the tuberculosis boy entering his subconscious and there's nothing in sight but calm, motionless water all the way to the horizon, leading to a clear sky. That background looked so much better in the movie with color.

And then of course the best part of the movie was the battle between Rengoku and Akaza. Rengoku has received lethal damage, but still is able to come within inches of cutting off Akaza's head; but then the sun starts coming up, and Akaza has to rip off his own arms to run away; Tanjiro runs after him and furiously screams at him for running away like a coward; Akaza responds with, "I'm not running away from you, I'm running away from the sun;" and Tanjiro screams back saying the fight was Rengoku's victory, even though his death is inevitable. -- The part that I realize now that I didnt catch when reading the manga --
Apr 25, 2021 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was a waste of 21 dollars. Fans really overrated the film in my opinion. My review goes into more detail about what I didn't like. It's not a bad movie but not a good one. The writing took a nosedive.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 25, 2021 5:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well that movie was fire, needed way more Nezuko though

also the dub was pretty good, ngl
Apr 26, 2021 12:41 PM
Jul 2015
Writing was bad. Characters besides Tanjiro, as usual, are bad. Sound and Art were the only good aspects. Too bad Story/Characters > Sound/Art :)

The beginning of this movie was some of the most boring anime I've ever watched. IDC about Rengoku. We just met him, he had MINIMAL development, and I'm supposed to be sad at the end when he dies? Why? I knew him for about an hour....

Antagonists are terrible as usual. Nothing new for demon slayer. First antagonist was weak in every single aspect possible and the second antagonist literally came out of nowhere. Like he literally came out of thin fucking air. The climax feels forced, almost like the story wasn't going anywhere for so long that the creator thought "shit i gotta do something" and then the 2nd demon comes out of thin fucking air with no reason to it. The 2nd demon vs Rengoku is probably the most pointless and illogical fight I've ever seen in a shonen. IDC if it looked nice, it didn't make any sense.

5/10. If ufotable wasn't carrying it, prob a 3-4/10. At the very least I'm happy that anime is gaining more recognition by how well this overrated movie did.

Apr 26, 2021 6:20 PM

Nov 2020
Just had a chance to see this, great to be back in the theaters again and experience an anime film on the big screen. Movie overall was good, serving as a good continuation of the story that leaves things on a more tragic note than I was expecting. Animation and art were top tier of course, as was the music and voice acting. It was interesting seeing a canon story arc in movie form, and this arc in particular lent itself really well to the format with a memorable location and solid build up.

Can't help but feel like it dragged in places though, particularly in the middle where everyone was asleep and Enmu kept blabbing on and on. And in true shounen fashion, it could be melodramatic and on the nose, really holding on scenes that are supposed to be sad or comedic. It was mostly effective though, and I like how this film gave Tanjiro some development with him having to face his family again and lose his sword/temporary mentor against that last demon. No doubt shit will go down between them at a later point. Wish there was more Nezuko, but her scenes were badass/ cute, and Inosuke and Zenitsu were their good old selves. Rengoku was of course the MVP, being the emotional center of the movie and sporting the best visuals. So yeah, had a good time despite some problems, and it's nice to have an anime film that's actually vital to the main story.
Are ya winning, diners?
Apr 26, 2021 7:39 PM

Apr 2020
Rengoku, I salute you. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

For real though, what a way to go out.
Apr 26, 2021 7:46 PM

Apr 2007
The first half of the movie steadily pissed me off until they finally killed that demon. I hate dream sequence battles like this, plus it really dragged, and to keep bringing up Tanjiro's dead family...let the kid move on!! However, Hirakawa Daisuke did a great job voicing that demon, always talking in such a creepy and weird tone. I don't think I've ever heard him play a character like this.

Putting the bad part aside, the last battle was absolutely amazing. The music, animation, voice acting, all of it was glorious. There were many death flags for Rengoku, but still difficult to tell how it would end. When I saw him in the first season I thought to myself "what's this guy's appeal?" well it's certainly clear now. Truly a great character to the end.

I'm also glad my boy Inosuke played a big part. Of course the dream power doesn't work with his mask pfft

KneelBeforeMe said:
Just got back from theatres. First off, of course I make the mistake of buying my ticket in english dub instead of sub. That’s just so me. And then when the movie started, 2-3 people started laughing a few rows back because they themselves made the same mistake. I’ll have to rewatch in sub with digital release.
I almost did the same thing lol. I bought the tickets so quick online that I forgot to check if it was sub or dub. Thankfully it was subbed else I might have walked out in all honesty (but they still would have had my money).
Apr 26, 2021 9:39 PM

Apr 2013
Monochrome said:
The first half of the movie steadily pissed me off until they finally killed that demon. I hate dream sequence battles like this, plus it really dragged, and to keep bringing up Tanjiro's dead family...let the kid move on!! However, Hirakawa Daisuke did a great job voicing that demon, always talking in such a creepy and weird tone. I don't think I've ever heard him play a character like this.

Putting the bad part aside, the last battle was absolutely amazing. The music, animation, voice acting, all of it was glorious. There were many death flags for Rengoku, but still difficult to tell how it would end. When I saw him in the first season I thought to myself "what's this guy's appeal?" well it's certainly clear now. Truly a great character to the end.

I'm also glad my boy Inosuke played a big part. Of course the dream power doesn't work with his mask pfft

KneelBeforeMe said:
I almost did the same thing lol. I bought the tickets so quick online that I forgot to check if it was sub or dub. Thankfully it was subbed else I might have walked out in all honesty (but they still would have had my money).
I saw tickets available online and I just bought them in a couple of minutes over lunch on Friday. Thinking back I almost should’ve walked out haha. Even tho the dub wasn’t terrible, I’m pretty sure it lessened my overall viewing experience and enjoyment. The start of the movie is all dialogue including cheap demon slayer humor and with the dub I was gripping my seat’s arm rests as if I was on a plane losing altitude.
Apr 26, 2021 10:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Amazing adaptation of a great arc from the manga. This was my second-favorite KnY arc from the manga (upcoming one is my favorite), and ufotable delivered with the adaptation. The audiovisual presentation of the movie is second-to-none when compared to other battle-shounen films. Rengoku's my favorite Hashira and seeing him get his moment was amazing. The climactic battle was a visual treat! The scene where Tanjiro called Akaza a coward was quite powerful. In the manga it was alright, but with music and voice acting, that scene really got to me. And that scene with Inosuke crying while being determined was both funny and sad, lol.

Overall, fantastic film! I'm excited for the next season, since it'll cover the my personal favorite arc of the series.

8/10
Apr 26, 2021 11:14 PM
Feb 2017
I didn't put any thought into my last comment since I'd rather let my thoughts on the movie sit but I've got a pretty good grasp on it now.

It was a great movie. My one bone to pick was that the first 75% of the movie didn't top imo the best part of Season 1 which was the Spider Arc. It wasn't bad by any means, but the villain was kind of mediocre and the fight was just good.

The best parts of the movie for sure were Tanjirou and Rengoku's memories as well as the last segment of the movie, Akaza vs Rengoku. That part very easily was on par, if not better than the Spider Arc. Animation obviously was amazing, not much to say there, but I really loved Rengoku's unyielding resolve to protect the people. Akaza seems like quite the interesting character and I can't wait for his interactions with Tanjirou later in the story. Speaking of Akaza, I LOVE the fact that Rengoku lost and Akaza got away. An actual meaningful impact to the story and characters by showing that the Upper Moons are not demons that should be taken lightly. Tanjirou's speech at the end of it trying to reassure himself that they won even at the lost of Rengoku's life was awesome and touching. Rengoku became such an admirable and cool character in the time he was given to shine.

I'd give it an 8.5/10. Had the movie been as good as the last segment it'd easily been a 9/10 or higher but that's not the case.
Apr 27, 2021 9:55 AM

Jun 2019
What a great experience it has been. Really loved the movie. Definitely deserved the hype. Great job Ufotable with this arc.
Apr 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Apr 2020
Average movie but still a 7/10 because Ufotable is amazing.
Still can't understand the hype.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 27, 2021 11:36 AM

Nov 2018
Ufotable did a good job adapting it but it wasn't my cup of tea. It's really cliche so it was very predictable.
Apr 27, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2018
It was amazing 10/10. I waited too long but it's definitly worth it. I know story isn't perfect but even it is let's say 7,5/10, everything else carries this movie to the top!
Apr 27, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2018
Nothing impressive. Ufotable did good job though. Story is pretty average.
Apr 27, 2021 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
The animation was kami tier. While I had to wait for literal months, it was worth it to see the movie in theaters.

Even though I read the manga and knew what was to happen, the ending had me tearing up anyway.

Praying the second season comes out this year.
Apr 27, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2007
KneelBeforeMe said:
Monochrome said:

I saw tickets available online and I just bought them in a couple of minutes over lunch on Friday. Thinking back I almost should’ve walked out haha. Even tho the dub wasn’t terrible, I’m pretty sure it lessened my overall viewing experience and enjoyment. The start of the movie is all dialogue including cheap demon slayer humor and with the dub I was gripping my seat’s arm rests as if I was on a plane losing altitude.
Good on you for getting through it lol. I'm sure the dub was fine, but I was looking forward to the Japanese voice acting and overall this isn't fully worth rewatching. Definitely would have lessened the enjoyment for me.

Lesson learned. I used fandango and the sub or dub was listed there but in small print and I didn't think of checking until after purchasing.
Apr 27, 2021 1:43 PM

May 2017
holy crap.. that climax was.. phenomenal.

So the movie started out very good, kind of dropped a little in the middle when they fought the dream demon IMO but the ending fight with rengoku and the upper demon was absolutely incredible.

I had tears rolling down my face for 10 minutes straight for a character that I didn't even know 2 hours ago. Very solid story telling I'm very content. It's not just another flashy animated movie by ufotable but it is also backed up by strong story telling.

The final fight setup the rest of the story so well. We've seen a Hashira get absolutely annihilated against an Upper Demon. That leaves me wondering how the fuck are we gonna beat any of them. I mean I don't know how strong the other Hashira are compared to Rengoku but man.. This should be insane. Can't wait for season 2.
shayed__Apr 27, 2021 1:50 PM
Apr 27, 2021 1:51 PM
Mar 2020
Just finished this, i read the manga before seeing it so i knew the depression that was gonna hit at the end of the movie, but goddamn that was painful to watch. Such a brilliant adaptation by ufotable, the voice acting, sondtracks and animation were through the roof with this one. No complaints, this was a masterclass.
Rengoku the absolute Goat of this film.
Apr 27, 2021 2:58 PM
Oct 2020
To all those who are worried about overhyoing themselves,

You can't.
Apr 27, 2021 4:38 PM

Mar 2018
UFOTABLE REALLY KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK AGAIN

god i missed this trio (okay nezuko technically makes it 4)

the first demon was a little underwhelming to say he was built up at the end of the show for the movie and for him just to be a cgi meat shield and only for the upper rank to take the limelight

i loved the representation of tanjirous soul but him having to leave his dream was too sad

I'm so conflicted, i don't know if rengoku dying here was the right call. it felt like they brought the demon here just to kill him and tanjiro to be stabbed randomly like that instead of parrying his attack so he couldnt interfere with the final fight so he could take his place further down the line because there can only be one flame hashira? i could be wrong there

but rip rengoku the goat to the very end really i love characters and people in general like him. His backstory with his mom and her popping up at the end was so sad too

but goddamn he left an impression especially with that last attack it was so sexy... we gotta remember he did that whilst injured and after saving all the passengers and the train crash itself

the movie was a 8/10 but god damn does rengoku get a 10/10 MY HASHIRA

xFLUXEYApr 27, 2021 4:49 PM
Apr 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2018
I honestly didn't expect to cry while watching this... Bawled my fucking eyes out.

Solid movie. Can't wait to see where this story goes next.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Apr 27, 2021 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
Incredible and beautiful movie, even though I didn't get that level of connection with Rengoku, I still cried at the end.. he's an amazing character for sure
That Akaza fight was AMAZING.. great shots and choreography, top notch animation.. as always ufotable delivered on that end

Also, gotta say.. idk if you become a demon you must be a Muzan's slave drinking blood for eternity, but Akaza's offer seemed pretty good.. becoming immortal ;-; damn
Power level seems out of the park now.. can't see Tanjurou and the others reaching this level.. hope I get pleasantly surprised, as it was with JJK
Apr 27, 2021 6:33 PM

Oct 2018
Holy shit, the last 20 minutes almost saved this trainwreck, and even in the ending they still managed to make something unbelievable bad.
That's Kimetsu no Yaiba for you, lots of stupid thing and one or two cool stuff
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 27, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
Maybe Demon Slayer as a franchise hasn't aged that well for me (need to rewatch that to really make sure at some point), but this movie fell flat for me emotions wise. It had solid visuals but I was much more blown away by some of the stuff in the final Heaven's Feel movie and the Tsukihime VN trailer a few months back that this movie felt like nothing in comparison visually. I was just mostly bored by this arc in anime form, which is a shame, since I did sort of enjoy the stuff previously animated with the exception of the forced comedy. Would probably go a 3-4/10. Solid adaptation but content probably just aged poorly with this arc.
animejasApr 27, 2021 8:02 PM
Apr 28, 2021 12:05 AM

May 2019
First half shit.. second half ok.. only last fight was good.
Apr 28, 2021 12:26 AM

Feb 2021
Saw it today. The story wasn't that appealing but god-damn the fight sequences though...Ufotable spared no budget huh? Rengoku will forever be in my heart. His dedication was amazing! Okay I've a question, Will Tanjirou have to order another sword?? The sword was still attached to the demon. Will he get a new one or something?

Apr 28, 2021 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
Holy damn, that was absolutely riveting. My heart was in my throat, from start to finish. Just absolutely great and gripping work. I seriously cannot wait for the next season.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Apr 28, 2021 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
Absolutely TRULY GOAT!
5/5!
10/10.
----so tragic

Apr 28, 2021 4:53 AM

May 2018
The voice acting for this movie was really good, those who watch the dub are missing out a lot.
Apr 28, 2021 6:31 AM

Jan 2015
Was a good movie. Great production, but very predictable for the most part and lacked any sort of tension until the last few mins. A very strong finish though.
Apr 28, 2021 7:13 AM

Jul 2020
I felt like the fight against the Lower Moon 1 was too long. I didn't really like it that much. Rengoku vs Akaza was different story though. Ufotable doing ufotable stuff. Production was insane.

6.5/10 overall, since the plot of the movie was average imo.

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 28, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
So I watched the movie due to the window opened by the hilarious PSN leaks, even though I was originally gonna watch it in theatres with my sister and brother some time after I get my 2nd vaccine shot this Thursday. Because of this, I don't get the pseudo-nostalgic experience of getting into the theatres after so long of this pandemic lockdown we've had, which has been especially tough here in CA.

1.5-2/10
Tbh, nothing beyond the aesthetics (which can still look jarring half the time, even then) has really impressed me about this series overall. There really isn't anything to really praise from this movie besides some pretty nicely animated moments, especially the last 30 minutes. The CGI felt particularly jank compared to the ones I've seen from the Type Moon shows also by ufotable, as the former just sticks out so much and moves so oddly compared to the latter. For the narrative, it's pretty boring, even with the last 30 minutes that composed of focusing on Rengoku (perhaps the only half-decent character in the movie). The comedy was god awful and offputting, the mid-battle dialogue is tiresome, the excessive flashbacks are excruciating, and the whole dream/nightmare concept and segment feels so impractical and poorly implemented. As one would expect, I felt nothing with Rengoku's death. Nothing from him was built up for me to actually like him even a little bit. The only thing that did seem pretty cool in particular was Zenitsu's Thunderclap moment and that's it, cause when he's not in Sleep Mode, he's the usual insufferable screaming pain-in-the-ass.
Needless to say, everything from the Fate series done by ufotable, ESPECIALLY the Heaven's Feel movie series, were miles and miles better in all facades, imho.

Now I just wish: why couldn't Violet Evergarden movie be the one leaked instead? Hella sad on my end :(
Apr 28, 2021 11:10 AM

May 2018
Rengoku-san you absolute madlad!! Massive respect to you T_T

discount Gaara also has nice style and nice abs
Apr 28, 2021 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
Boring first half, decent second half. Not much of a plot but good production values, good animation and shiny colors, just what we can expect from Ufotable. The 3D tentacles was ugly though. A little disappointed with the music, was expecting an original soundtrack and new ideas but it was mostly remakes or variations of tracks from the 1st season. Overall an entertaining movie but nothing special or memorable. There's' still too much unjustified hype surrounding this series.
7/10 at most and i'm probably being generous.
SoulblightApr 28, 2021 12:24 PM
Apr 28, 2021 1:49 PM

Feb 2020
I never tho i would get soo emotional over this .... im speechless, this left a big impact on my heart
Apr 28, 2021 2:16 PM
Jul 2015
[quote=Soulblight message=62953856] A little disappointed with the music, was expecting an original soundtrack and new ideas but it was mostly remakes or variations of tracks from the 1st season./quote]

Were we watching the same movie ? the soundtrack is completely new except Tanjiro no Uta remix
Apr 28, 2021 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Dab1za9 said:

Were we watching the same movie ? the soundtrack is completely new except Tanjiro no Uta remix

I don't know the track names, but there were more than just one remix. At least three tracks on "important scenes" felt quite similar to season 1 ost from what i remember. Remixes, medleys, rehashed musical ideas, call it whatever you want and the soundtrack might be "new" but it was not original neither did it felt memorable for me, unlike the one in season 1.
SoulblightApr 28, 2021 3:04 PM
Apr 28, 2021 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
8 or 8.5/10 for the overall movie.
The last third of the movie was incredible with this art direction and animation, ufotable outdone themselves, felt like the first half was really boring compared to the end though.
Apr 28, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2015
It was amazing, and a wild roller coaster of emotions.

But I want to address the elephant in the room. Had our main MC not decided to get involved at he end of the fight, would of Rengoku been able to hold the demon in place until the sun came up. Personally, I think he could of.

Edit: Ignore the above, I was wildly drunk and the only elephants were pink and flying!!
Roch2001Apr 29, 2021 4:05 PM
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 28, 2021 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
this movie moved my soul i literally cried twice at the end why did have to end up like thiss and why did akaza get away with what he did i hope tanjiro kill him asap
Apr 28, 2021 4:54 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pretty good, but not amazing. If you love demon slayer you're not going to be disappointed most likely. Everything is just, quite solid, but still not amazing as one would probably expect from all this massive hype. I've learned to not overhype things for myself, but still came out of this wishing for just a little bit more.

Now that's all for everything that happens until the train crash. Everything that follows is a different story. I was NOT expecting the upper 3 demon to make an entrance; I thought the entire movie was going to be completely focused on the lower one dream demon dude whatever his name was. It did feel a bit random him just showing up out of nowhere, but since zenitsu acknowledges that as well, I'm sure there had to be a good reason. Maybe it was to finish the job that dream demon couldn't finish. But yeah, if nothing else, this movie more than delivers with that fight.

I've been moved several times in anime before. But not once do I clearly remember actually shedding physical tears. Well let me just tell you now, once they showed the shot of the crow crying, I kind of lost it a bit. Honestly did not expect my eyes to get watery from demon slayer of all things, but it did. Showing all the hashira at the end receiving the news was a nice touch, even the man giyu who appears to be unfazed. I hope he's the one to cut down the upper 3 demon.

But what the most important strength of this movie is is that it's continuing the story. It's not some side story which most anime movies are. It succeeds in making you even more invested, and properly hypes you up for season 2 which is on the horizon. All in all, it gets the job done, and throws in a few tears as well for good measure. 7/10, same as season one.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 28, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
This is so much better than reading the manga.

I dare to say that the fight scenes in this movie beat Heaven Feel one. Mostly because how Rengoku's Fire Breathing is just beautiful.

Somehow I developed a serious hate of snowy forests this past year(I blame Re;Zero), because when Gonpachiro was dreaming, I wanted that sequence to end quickly.

Rengoku's mother was a great mother.

And to the hell with these bad distribution companies!
BlichoBoyApr 28, 2021 7:51 PM
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM

» for people who have watched the movie vers of mugen only!!

b3llamy - Jan 4, 2022

15 by crystal_yuy »»
Jan 22, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.