Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
MODERATOR EDIT:

Do not try to turn this episode discussion into a discussion about pedophilia or bait watchers of this show by accusing them to be pedophiles. Such posts will be removed and there may be warnings/bans.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, imagine getting physically overpowered by your female kouhai. But I can see how that would turn some guys on xD

This was as amusing as expected. Just hope it won't grow stale.
LunaApr 10, 2021 11:35 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2020
I kinda liked Nagatoro's expression when she was bullying Naoto lmao. Also Naoto is quite good at drawing.

I had guessed that when Nagatoro confessed love was just a lie.
Episode 1 was pretty good

Nov 2011
Oh man, Nagatoro is hilarious and goes all out on the teasing. No holding back at all and pushing Nagaoto right to his back. That fucking smile LOL

I bet the VA had a lot of fun playing her character. This episode took every opportunity for Nagatoro's personality to shine. A very entertaining episode with that kiss tease. Nagatoro had wayyy too much fun.

Jul 2017
WELP, HERE WE GO. Another BIG AND GOOD shitstorm of the season.

If you are thinking that Takagi-san or Uzaki-chan aren't enough, Nagatoro will at least get your blood pumping as the most extreme of extremes of the "girl-teases-boy" rom-com formula. Mark my words like how manga readers do, anime-onlys...get ready for the amount of craziness if you're not prepared.

Naoto Hachiouji is the same weak, pathetic loser of a nervous wreck of a Senpai, and Nagatoro...is the same dark-tanned crude and sadist gal of a Kouhai that I remember from reading the manga. And getting Sumire Uesaka to voice Nagatoro, I can't think of a better VA than her to voice all the condescending with that smug face.

I'm literally grinning with smiles as I'm watching the manga come alive in a decent effort of Telecom Animation Film's production. This is a must-watch for the best guilt-trip pleasure of a rom-com.

Here's hoping that Nagatoro will last the long run in making Naoto a better man. BETTER GET READY!
Apr 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2020
Not exactly sure if I'll like this, but oh well. Bullying to the extreme. Good anime for masochists, I guess?
Apr 10, 2021 9:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yesss I was looking forward so much to seeing it animated, it's actually looking quite good, especially that the anime manages to catch Nagatoro's expressions right xD
Apr 10, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Natsude_tanaka said:
Damn, i was right ...

Good to see this is bringing out the pedophiles of this site for me to me to block and report.

This anime should not exist since it promotes pedophilia!

No sir, people are gonna block you.

It's a bit kinky, sure, but I can see the appeal and some of these facial expressions are low-key hot for real.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2021 9:36 AM
May 2020
that was funny, and you can tell that nagatoro's 'bullying' isn't actual bullying like he experienced

tbh I think he needs something like this, this guy is way too introverted, hopefully nagatoro makes him more confident as the show goes on
Apr 10, 2021 9:39 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This looked way to good for what the source material is. The manga's just a gag-comedy for masochists, lol. But the directing and artwork in this show is really, really good. The start of the episode made it feel like a completely different show lol. Can't believe they actually gave the first chapter half-an-episode. Some of the changes they made from the manga were good too, like how Senpai dropped his bag because one of the girls was nearby and he was panicking. In the manga, the bag just kinda fell for plot-convenience.

Ngl, I really didn't like the early manga chapters. Not that it was too extreme, I just found it to be really repetitive and reliant on the whole bullying thing. Not that the series ever stops being repetitive, but there's more to the series now than there was before. Kinda hoping the anime gets to the more recent chapters. Wouldn't mind if they skipped some of the weaker chapters. This episode covered chapters 1-3 iirc.

If that was the OP at the end, it was really good! Song's alright, but the visuals are really excellent. Seriously, I'm just flabbergasted at how good of an adaptation this is. Kinda wish this treatment was given to a better romcom instead.
GoldenDevilGamerApr 10, 2021 9:42 AM
Apr 10, 2021 9:41 AM

Jun 2019
"Better than Two Piece" Alright. I'm dead. LMAO
I can totally relate to the boy there. As for the girl, she's pretty talkative, and Idk if bully-type is the right word for it. The VA for the girl did an amazing job there. Definitely fits her character well. I kinda felt sorry for the guy there. He's going through a lot in such a short time.
Pretty interesting start. Well, this is one of the most anticipated anime of this season. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
Apr 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
Anime and manga are both mistakes to allow this franchise to exist. Do think the production effort is surprisingly decent though, kinda wish Gokushufudou got somewhat that kind of treatment, even if its just a gag manga. Anything compared to what they actually got in the end.
animejasApr 10, 2021 9:47 AM
Apr 10, 2021 9:46 AM

Sep 2019
I love Nagatoro, she's so cute. Her expressions are the best. I was disappointed when they first announced the voice cast but Uesaka Sumire voiced her perfectly. I really liked the art style. I loved the OP visuals.

Please humiliate me Nagatoro.
Apr 10, 2021 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe felt the pacing was a bit slow at times compared to how the manga read which could take away front he impact a bit, but it was still enjoyable and I feel the show can grow into itself more with a couple episodes behind it.
Apr 10, 2021 9:51 AM
Jan 2021
IS ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE, "YOU'RE ACTING REALLY SUS SENPAI" LINE!! That was honestly the point where I gave the series a 10/10
Apr 10, 2021 9:53 AM
May 2013
This anime remind me very much of Uzaki anime version. But interesting anime 👀.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 10, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2018
You can definitely say that this at least wasn't boring.

The animation quality is insane. Uzaki-chan was just bog-standard, this goes above and beyond with the faces, the lighting and backgrounds. The lack of music also is pretty notable, it really brings more attention to the scenes themselves.

As for my actual enjoyment of the show... Yeah this anime is a lot. Sometimes it is pretty damn funny and other times I want to scream to the MC to own up to his emotions. Him trying to be tough guy sometimes brings Rent A Girlfriend amount of embarassment for me. And having read a good chunk of the manga, it will only be more of this in the short-term future.

So yeah, you gotta have a good control of your emotions and self-control to really get through this anime. It won't be hard to see how some people will just not be into this.
Apr 10, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2015
Standard rom-com affair but the girl is smug and has le epic meme reaction face.jpg xD. The main character obviously has to be a wimp with no personality other than being shy so the audience can self insert into.

Will get stale fast if you want the story to progress.

Anime only ending with ugly bastard NTR never.

Mod Edit: Removed the parts that were trying to turn this into a pedo discussion.
LunaApr 10, 2021 11:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2021 9:58 AM

Aug 2020
Hype, kidda the art is look like the hentai i watched before lmao

Apr 10, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
Naoto is kind of a wimpy character which reminds me of Kazuya from Kanojo Okarishimasu..
I had to say I had fun while watching Hayase teasing Naoto a lot..
Apr 10, 2021 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
as someone with anxiety, this is killing me on the inside lol
Apr 10, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
This was quite an amusing premise. Nagatoro's a really amusing character, the contrast between her bullying and affection is kinda appealing for some reason. Senpai's a wimp but he'll slowly man up as the story progresses.

I'm happy to be finally able to watch Nagatoro anime, been reading the manga since it had like 10 chapters and I liked it quite a lot. Already knew it from the PVs but special thanks to Uesaki Sumire for nailing Nagatoro's voice.

As for those who are worried about Nagatoro's character don't be. She's not annoying af like Uzaki, she's more like Takagi san but the teasing is way higher level than hers for sure. The story becomes a lot wholesome later on so I'm looking forward to seeing those chapters adapted.
MegamiRemApr 10, 2021 8:33 PM
Apr 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
I had fun reading the manga though I haven't caught up on the latest chapter. What I can say is that this was a great adaptation.
Her expressions are spot on.

Senpai is a strong guy. If I was him I would've been traumatised by Nagatoro on the first encounter and make a run for it every time I see her. 😨

The OP was really good, the song and its visuals.

Apr 10, 2021 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was pretty good. I love Nagatoro's expression. Watching her teasing was very funny. But, our senpai is too weak and too wimp.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 10, 2021 10:07 AM

Jan 2021
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it, I loved it
From the trailer I was expecting a good animation and I'm not disappointed.
I read the manga because of the controversy in Twitter, and I don't regret it (o´▽`o)
Apr 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Sep 2019
I love the manga and I'm loving the anime rn. Can't wait until they start to flesh out their relationships flesh out the side characters (sakura) and more importantly when they have the art competition (manga readers know xD)

Apr 10, 2021 10:10 AM
Dec 2020
She was literally so mean to him that it was making ME feel anxious 😭😂

May 2018
this was unexpectedly heart-warming at times. I did a lot of similar things with classmates and university friends at times, which won me some nice friendships and relationships, teasing is really effective when done right. You can clearly see Nagatoro feeling bad when she's taking things too far, and it is partially sempai's fault for being a crybaby. I really love the feelings I get when watching this.

Jul 2017
@ZeroTwo__002 just watch the show.

Me doing the explanation will not give justice to this show.
Apr 10, 2021 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Its what I was wanting out of an adaptation, its really promising and great.

I can't wait to see the people complaining about this show and if people block me for liking a show, then who am I to care? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The facial expressions is what I was most worried about, will never beat Nanashi's artwork but it is still really well done, voice acting in particular was great.
Apr 10, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2020
Velv69t said:
IS ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE, "YOU'RE ACTING REALLY SUS SENPAI" LINE!! That was honestly the point where I gave the series a 10/10
i guess you are not the only one though, amogus moment indeed

Aug 2020
Why did I enjoy this way more than I expected to?

Nov 2019
Damn, the first episode and my anime expression meme folder grew twice in size.

I've been waiting so long for this adaptation and to be honest, all of the characters sound precisely how I imagined them to, also they managed to do the facial expressions very well, look nearly identical to the manga.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 2021
Yes, yes and yes! What an awesome episode! Really looking forward for the new episodes.
Apr 10, 2021 10:18 AM

Mar 2020
Nagatoro looks to be an energetic, sadistic kind of girl. She'd be pretty scary to meet face to face. This'll be a fun one to watch every week! Wonder how they'll go about the romance.
Apr 10, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2020
CriminalGenius said:
Velv69t said:
i guess you are not the only one though, amogus moment indeed
Acting sus ??🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Apr 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Jun 2020
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around. I don't know, but this first episode rubbed be the wrong way and I really doubt that I will be able to finish this, because it will probably get worse... when she starts humiliating him in public and with friends, which I suspect.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
The animation is lacking a bit, but it was great anyway.
Uesaka Sumire is perfect fit for Nagatoro.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LunaApr 10, 2021 11:56 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 10, 2021 10:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
And now we wait for the inevitable barrage of drama this is somehow gonna stir up
Apr 10, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2021
it was what i hoped it to be
Cringe
Apr 10, 2021 10:29 AM
Oct 2019
Look at my profile picture and try to convince me to hate this show. It will be a pleasure to watch this timeless masterpiece with you.
Apr 10, 2021 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
Yeah, this might not be for me. Too much straight up bullying to be funny or amusing to me, especially when the MC clearly doesn't like it. Though judging from the end, am I supposed to believe he will secretly start to like being bullied?

The reaction faces are good but I guess this is a show for the niche of people who can get off to it.

I'll try to watch a few more episodes to see if it ever escapes the overtly bullying paradigm, if not I might have to put it down.
Props to Uesaka Sumire though.
Apr 10, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2016
This is gonna be such an enjoyable ride and I can't wait for the waves of shit this is gonna get from people who have close to no brain cells
Apr 10, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2020
This show has more lens flare than a Michael Bay movie
Apr 10, 2021 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly this as way much more effort put into it than what I expected, Uzaki looks like a slideshow in comparison.
They actually made backgrounds and showed the rest of the school in the intro something we never have seen at all in the manga, also the light work is fantastic.

Pacing will be an issue tho, this already feel pretty slow and if they adapt 3 chapters per eps this gonna be a snorefest but I believe they will not even If i wish eps were more in the 15 or 10 minute mark like Galko-chan was.

If the ed/op idk doesn't lie they will actually adapt the more sexy and borderline femdom stuff and if they do I will fucking kneel to Telecom
James-LastOmnicApr 10, 2021 10:46 AM
Apr 10, 2021 10:37 AM
Feb 2017
This was surprisingly quite enjoyable. Makes me want to start reading the manga.
Apr 10, 2021 10:37 AM

Aug 2015
Overall I like it. I feel the editing/cutting could be tweaked for better for better pacing, but the main thing I paid attention to was the weird music. wth was that skillex stuff? idk, not sold on that yet. I think the way this story is presented in the manga is kind of hard to adapt to anime without making it seem like just a bunch of clips rather than a coherent story.

KANLen09 said:
the most extreme of extremes

wut, what are you talking about, it's not extreme. Way more out there than uzaki-chan and takagi for sure, but nothing special in terms of what we've seen in other manga.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 10, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2013
BromWalar said:
This show gave me a ton of anxiety. I do not really like how she abuses him and in the end he says he does not really mind having her around. I don't know, but this first episode rubbed be the wrong way and I really doubt that I will be able to finish this, because it will probably get worse... when she starts humiliating him in public and with friends, which I suspect.

I have some good news (and very minor spoilers):
Apr 10, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
amazing first ep. I like the look of the art and also the casual teasing and bulling from nagatoro. So far a 8/10
Apr 10, 2021 10:42 AM
Dec 2020
It got the pretty slice of life style animation, the colors looks good.
The voice fits Nagataro really good, I mean the laugh just fitted her personality perfectly.
First episode was pretty good, liked it. Wanna see how the mc will interact with Nagataro's friends too. And teasing was pretty much what expected but still don't get why Twitter was tryna cancel this show.
So yeah hope it'll be good, looking forward.
Apr 10, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2012
that girl is going so bad on my nerfs, i hope its not going to be for 11 more episodes or im going nuts. 4/10 for me so far
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by curvedtree »»
May 3, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.