Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 9:40 AM

Feb 2016
kaiki_fan_boy said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I guess that's the main reason. People can't change their profile picture to the one they desired it to be
I mean I do get that the jacket scene is iconic but is it really that important ?

I don't know. Imo it was really dope scene eren looked hot af I liked it but yeah I understand why would some people be disappointed
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 9:42 AM

Sep 2016
"Mom said it's my turn to play on the Xbox."
Feb 28, 2021 9:45 AM
Feb 2021
L0sMichal0s said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Why are there so many people hating the episode ? Is it because of the jacket scene ?

I guess that's the main reason. People can't change their profile picture to the one they desired it to be
Can't they just take it from the trailer?
Feb 28, 2021 9:45 AM
Apr 2019
Weakest episode so far in this season, production is struggling (and finally it's visible, SURPRISED)
Anyway, good episode content wise. But something is missing, like the feeling of something big is gonna happen soon. I liked the ost played in jacket scene. Wish it looked clean (I'm waiting for the best version to watch later)
Feb 28, 2021 9:46 AM

Feb 2016
qguffey said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Can't they just take it from the trailer?

No because trailer shot is different Eren model and also it's just colored manga panel with no animation
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 9:49 AM

Aug 2020
Taltibalti said:
"Mom said it's my turn to play on the Xbox."

tfw the olympics is delayed but still have to train
Feb 28, 2021 10:06 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Damn. Too much crazy shit went down in this episode for me to compile it all here.

So all I'm going to speculate is if Pieck is going to do to Paradis, what Eren did to Marley.

Is it going to be another new cycle of wrongings at revenge, similar to Reiner and his squad invading Paradis with titans, and then Eren and his squad invading Eldia with theirs?
Feb 28, 2021 10:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that explosion, RIP Zackly... it could have killed Armin and Mikasa too...
The situation is extremely tense, and Eren walking outside shirtless was epic, what a chad
Feb 28, 2021 10:07 AM
Oct 2018
How was the pacing ? Did they cut anything ?
Feb 28, 2021 10:13 AM
Jan 2021
Omertaskaya said:
How was the pacing ? Did they cut anything ?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:18 PM
Feb 28, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2020
Nice fucking animation ?? Is that what I'm supposed to fucking say ???

Feb 28, 2021 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Thank Christ it got good again despite that previous shitty episode.

Based on what I've seen so far in this season, the new Eldian military was so greedy and desperate to cling to whatever perceived semblance of power they had that they decided to lock their greatest asset up and then attempt to kill him despite popular opposition from the people, and as a result left him with literally no option but to turn against them with the forward thinking members of the military following suit.
Eren's faction tried reasoning with them, got locked up for revealing what was going on to the people. They tried peaceful protests which were completely ignored. They are living in a military dictatorship so it's not like they had any means to try and vote Zackley out. Add to that the urgency of the military deciding to have Eren executed and what the fuck did you expect?
Coup completely justified. Yeagerist faction all the way. Only thing I wish is that Mikasa was right there with him instead of these weird shocked faces when she knows these fucks were literally about to KILL him.
Remember season 1 when Eren first transformed into a titan and those military guys were trying to kill him so she pulled her blades out and threatened to slice up anybody who approached them? Or season 2 when Eren got kidnapped and she threatened to kill both Ymir and Historia if they got in her way? How is this different? Pretty sure she'll side with him eventually but this hesitation is weird.

Anyway Floch is such a commendable character now. The Mikasa fangirl from previous episode was right next to him too. Very interested in seeing more of them.
Somewhat surprised with how quickly Eren went along with this new faction which suggests to me he was in on it from the start.
Lastly we got a shot of Pieck who seems to have snuck onto Paradis. I guess Marley has indeed moved quickly and not just to launch a straight forward invasion.
Should get even more interesting with effectively 3 factions clashing now.

Overall very satisfied with this week's episode.
Feb 28, 2021 10:34 AM

Sep 2018
Hell of a scheduled because of production committee = people wanting the best quality, there some off model characters but that's all, for me the Eren jacket scene is way better in the anime than the manga
I keep moving forward
Feb 28, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2020
I liked this episode. I think the episode was paced well and did a good job of building up tension. No Zeke this episode, but it's coming soon.
Feb 28, 2021 10:40 AM
Feb 2018
I have a mixed feeling but overall it's 4.7/5

The design isnt showing inconsistencies but straight changing it from what we've seen in previous episodes of S4. But Hange, Floch, and Eren seems upgraded to the same level as Gabi so it's cool for me(thanks God).

This episode met its purpose, to be tenseful. It surely is. From start to finish my reaction is "what the fuck is happening". What's impressive about this one is military reactions and civilians "Shinzou wo Sasageyo". It seems their coup d'etat from S3 backlash on them lol.

By the way, claps to Pixis, he's the MVP of this episode. Him cornering Yelena, him taking a lead of militaries, and his charisma is just.... hell fucking chad.

On the side note: Looks like they want to show that Yeagerist as kind as possible(glorify them). We got calmer Eren and Floch(which is funny because both of them originally loud as fuck), some dedicated looks from another members of Yeagerist, and civilians supports.

Also, why the fuck Onyankopon is so cool and likeable as hell?
Feb 28, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2020
the animation is not bad still some people complained about it. small small not die big big trouble people. these people always complain. then compare to jjk so stupid haiyaaa. overall good episode and good animation.
Feb 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2020
aaa shit going down. Shinzo wo sasageyo is back!

Mar 2016
EREN DID NOTHING WRONG AND EVERYONE NEED A FOLLOWER LIKE FLOCH

Jul 2017
oh shit chad eren is back in action, though it's a shame he's probs gonna be sidelined for a little bit longer based on the previews. Seems like next ep is gonna focus on monke and gabi/falco

though ngl, I feel like the Eren jacket sunset scene would've actually been a dope spot to leave the episode on lol

Jan 2021
Very good episode ;)
Hitch has changed a lot,
Finally that beautiful scene of Ereh 0.0
And that final scene hmmmm, next episode is going to be intresting
Feb 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
IPFdomain said:

One Piece tier tbh lmao

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
IPFdomain said:

Do you know the difference between art and animation? Doesnt seem like it
Feb 28, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2020
IPFdomain said:

lmfao this cannot be real
Feb 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
Sourire said:
IPFdomain said:

If they're incapable of drawing a still frame then what can they draw ???

Feb 28, 2021 10:51 AM

Aug 2015
Zannen! I loved Zackly, he was a perfect Aot devil, a funny one tho.. my heart raced at Eren’s jacket scene (≧∀≦)
Ara Ara~
Feb 28, 2021 10:54 AM

Jan 2018
IPFdomain said:

Damn, it looks like AOT S1 TV version
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 28, 2021 10:55 AM
Jan 2021
IPFdomain said:
Sourire said:

They need you man, go and apply as a CAD or animator! Btw did you notice that zachary blew up? probably not, since the story is not the main thing in this "animation experts" site xD
Feb 28, 2021 10:56 AM
Jan 2021
bipac said:
dompsterfire said:

probably re-arranged next ep. I just hope it won't be as rushed as reiner's lol.

Same. Hopefully rearranged for next episode and they reveal it before
Tell me he succeeds.
Feb 28, 2021 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
@IPFdomain

Its not that they can't draw it, its the lack of time that is the problem.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that they were in a very tight schedule, and its a miracle that they got it out in such a short time.

So criticising them like this is really unfair.
Feb 28, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2020
imbAF said:
IPFdomain said:

They need you man, go and apply as a CAD or animator! Btw did you notice that zachary blew up? probably not, since the story is not the main thing in this "animation experts" site xD
me when the epic mikasa still frame
running !!
keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

I'm pretty sure you are aware that they were in a very tight schedule, and its a miracle that they got it out in such a short time.

keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

They should've delayed.

Feb 28, 2021 11:01 AM
Aug 2017
Really disappointing episode animation wise.
Can not wait for the forest disaster now.
Feb 28, 2021 11:03 AM
Apr 2019
IPFdomain said:
imbAF said:

running !!
keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

They should've delayed.
who are you saying that to? mappa or the staff of aot? and they are incapable of drawing a still frame? u expect them to give sakuga everytime in a rushed schedule?
Feb 28, 2021 11:03 AM
Feb 2018
This one, man, damn! Looks so cool! These duo looks determined as hell.

Also, there's another shots which is easily my fav from this episode(entire season too perhaps):

Feb 28, 2021 11:05 AM
Apr 2019
Madlaad said:
"oh no the animation was trash even tho animators are crunching for hours and hours" i swear someone in this thread said the staff of aot are clowns
Feb 28, 2021 11:05 AM

Jul 2020
Bababazooka69 said:
IPFdomain said:
running !!
They should've delayed.
who are you saying that to? mappa or the staff of aot? and they are incapable of drawing a still frame? u expect them to give sakuga everytime in a rushed schedule?
They should've delayed, pushing out dogshit is unnecessary.

Feb 28, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2021
Madlaad said:

you can always drop the series? so you won't have to "suffer" and also we don't get to have you here every week ?
Feb 28, 2021 11:07 AM
Mar 2015
Zeke and Yelena's plan is in motion
Feb 28, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2020
>animating a titan is too hard guys its literally impossible in this decade (despite WIT doing just fine 3 seasons))
>animating new survery corps outfit is too hard and complex
>animating a guy in a sink too hard guys, will be fixed in blu ray (maybe)
>animating a jacket is too hard guys

maybe if everything is so hard on AOT, why would they take on the job?
Feb 2020
The jacket scene was something I was looking forward to the most this season but I am very disappointed with how it looked.

Dec 2020
the ost in this episode was perfect!!
i love how mappa animated the explosion scene!!
nice to see my girl hitch again :)
the pacing in this episode was also perfect imo

next episode gonna be sooo good i’ve been waiting so long to see the restaurant scene animated!!! :D

also.. EREN DID THE THING HE DID THE COAT THING AHHH (it looked kinda weird tho)
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 28, 2021 11:09 AM
Apr 2019
IPFdomain said:
Bababazooka69 said:
yea so blame kodansha and mappa higher ups not those poor animators crunching for hours
Jan 2021
IPFdomain said:
Bababazooka69 said:

Yeah, go and tell Kondasha committee, they might change xD, btw did you notice that stuff happened today? Oh wait story is irrelevant LMAO

Jul 2020
Sad7727 said:
>animating a titan is too hard guys its literally impossible in this decade (despite WIT doing just fine 3 seasons))
>animating new survery corps outfit is too hard and complex
>animating a guy in a sink too hard guys, will be fixed in blu ray (maybe)
>animating a jacket is too hard guys

maybe if everything is so hard on AOT, why would they take on the job?
Facts, mappa proved itself to be a shit studio and whoever working on this should be fired expeditiously

Feb 28, 2021 11:11 AM

Jul 2020
imbAF said:
IPFdomain said:

Yeah, go and tell Kondasha committee, they might change xD, btw did you notice that stuff happened today? Oh wait story is irrelevant LMAO
hell nah LMAO I couldn't care less not like I watch the entirety of AOT just to sit here and complain about animation, its just so fucking disappointing man imagine new anime watchers watching this shit a year from now ???? They will literally drop this shit lol

Feb 28, 2021 11:23 AM
Feb 2020
deg said:
labolabo123 said:
Damn lots of off model character designs this episode. Sadge

off model close up drawings will be corrected in the BluRay version for sure though but ye Pixis looks like an alien on some of those drawings lol

Can u please tell me what Blu-ray actually is and how to get it
Feb 28, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2020
Mathi786 said:
deg said:

off model close up drawings will be corrected in the BluRay version for sure though but ye Pixis looks like an alien on some of those drawings lol

blu-ray is improved verisons of the anime,it released 3-6 months after the anime ends. you either buy it for 300$ or get it for free.......on some websites

however if they'll improve much or not is up to debate,in dorohedoro they barely changed anything. and since this is 8 eps per blu-ray i doubt there will be massive changes . maybe recolor or a panel there and there. %99.99 will look the same
Feb 28, 2021 11:28 AM
Feb 2020
Ok so let me complaint first a lot of eye sore animation and I didn't like jacket scene and m the guy who didn't even watched the trailer so I don't get spoiled even a little bit
Honestly jacket scene could've been much better but eren is so badass and when he said locate Zeke it made my heart skip a beat so I would say it made up for it

And pacing was ok in my opinion Armin and annie was amazing and ofc hitch was being a hitch
Especially I would love to see mikasa being more than soldier and having a greater power or influence at her disposal like hizuru's whole nation

Overall amazing ep
Feb 28, 2021 11:29 AM
Feb 2018
Sad7727 said:
Mathi786 said:

blu-ray is improved verisons of the anime,it released 3-6 months after the anime ends. you either buy it for 300$ or get it for free.......on some websites

however if they'll improve much or not is up to debate,in dorohedoro they barely changed anything. and since this is 8 eps per blu-ray i doubt there will be massive changes . maybe recolor or a panel there and there. %99.99 will look the same

Seems enough i guess, atleast. Its coloring is kind of annoys me. There's plenty of em but im too lazy to take a screenshot. For example like this episode, that jacket scene is cool but the sunlight really bothering my eyes to focus on that sexy 10 pack abs.
Feb 28, 2021 11:29 AM
Feb 2020
Sad7727 said:
Mathi786 said:

M not gonna buy it ofc I'll just have to pirate it like always after all it's aot we're talking about I would like to see it as better as I can
Feb 28, 2021 11:31 AM
Nov 2015
Mappa haters can keep on hating, they did a great job animating this episode. If it weren't for them we wouldn't be watching AoT finale season right now.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.