Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 21, 2020 5:29 PM

Oct 2008
"He has no hesitation when it comes to killing these things that take the form of living creatures, albeit bizarre-looking ones, to try to kill him."

Not sure I understand this sentence.
Oct 21, 2020 6:25 PM

Mar 2019
Actar said:
"He has no hesitation when it comes to killing these things that take the form of living creatures, albeit bizarre-looking ones, to try to kill him."

Not sure I understand this sentence.

The translation should be "trying to kill him"
Oct 22, 2020 11:45 PM
Feb 2012
pls this cannot be too predictable that I get the feeling something bad happened to Saori or she is a villain
Oct 23, 2020 10:47 AM

May 2011
is this naruto? i'm getting naruto team 7 vibes here lol, even the sukuna thing feels like a 9 tails
KievOct 23, 2020 12:58 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 23, 2020 11:37 AM
Dec 2013
Don't like Nobara. Might drop the anime if her sharp tongue goes too far.
Oct 23, 2020 3:08 PM
May 2016
I love her, great female character, hopefully Nobara stays that way
Oct 23, 2020 3:15 PM
May 2016
ChetanS said:
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.

I can see Megumi and Yuuji, but not really the Nobara part. Lucy had a pretty basic personality outside of this and that, and Erza was agressive and serious.

Nobara gives off a bit of aggressiveness, but it feels much more childish than Erza, or more similar to a delinquent
Oct 23, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2016
Kaien321 said:
dedeogbe said:

The director didn’t ruin GOH, the script writer did. It’s the main difference between this and GOH. The series compositor actually knows what the hell they’re doing as opposed to the person they got for GOH, whose other work of note was bloody Sonic X. The thing was doomed from the start.

More like Crunchyroll did for all three of the webtoon adaptations so far. They are the ones who decided the number of episodes to be 13 and the ones who decided how far the anime will go while the studios (Telecom, Mappa and Production IG) are simply producing it and trying their best to adapt the chapters with the limited number of episodes given.

Had CR given them more episodes to work with, I can bet that TOG and GOH would be received much better.

You can clearly see the difference between a CR and Toho production here.

CR should've theoretically cut a decent number of their planned originals in order to budget for more episodes of said botched adaptations
Oct 24, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2018
NG_Chloe said:
ChetanS said:
JUJUTSU KAISEN & FAIRY TAIL character similarities :

MEGUMI - GRAY
NOBARA - (ERZA+LUCY)
YUUJI - NATSU

Or many would prefer SATORU-sensei as GRAY.

I can see Megumi and Yuuji, but not really the Nobara part. Lucy had a pretty basic personality outside of this and that, and Erza was agressive and serious.

Nobara gives off a bit of aggressiveness, but it feels much more childish than Erza, or more similar to a delinquent

Personalities aside, NOBARA's hair colour is a mixture of ERZA's & LUCY's hair colour.
Btw, does it even matter?
It's a childish analogy, when i explain it this way. :)
Oct 24, 2020 9:00 AM
May 2016
ChetanS said:
NG_Chloe said:

Personalities aside, NOBARA's hair colour is a mixture of ERZA's & LUCY's hair colour.
Btw, does it even matter?
It's a childish analogy, when i explain it this way. :)

It doesn't really matter, I was just puzzled by the comparison. Thanks for clarifying :)
Oct 24, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2008
Nobura, I like you already.

And I want sushi now.
Oct 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Sep 2018
Having seen the preview, my enthusiasm has dulled a bit compared to the first time I saw the first part of the episode, the fact remains that the level of comedy is excellent and the combination of Itadori and Nobara works very well. The part concerning the action is quite engaging and the fact of having immediately given a bit of characterization to the character of Nobara already makes us understand his nature and his motivations. Excellent work of the voice actors, during the comic jokes.
Oct 24, 2020 4:09 PM
Jun 2017
Nobara is Peng, Waifu?
The chemistry between everyone is amazing.

I also love her voice.
This whole show is just vibey
Anime of the year?
Lol
Oct 24, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2019
It still has yet to disappoint. Even with all the hype and expectations building on the show, it continues to deliver week after week. This may end up being something special.
Oct 27, 2020 1:10 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well now I guess that the full team is introduced, pretty interesting I guess
Oct 27, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
I've enjoyed all three episodes so far, really liking the anime. Ready to see more of Nobara's fighting style.
Oct 28, 2020 1:42 AM
Oct 2020
Dnndjsjskskskjejejsjsj
Oct 28, 2020 4:36 PM

Jan 2019
Well, that's certainly one way to preview an episode!

I've absolutely loved the three episodes I've watched, and I'm glad this is releasing around spooky season. It feels like a spiritual successor to Food Wars in a way.

Question as an anime watcher- was that child able to see the curse? It seemed like he was aware it had jumped out of the building. Or am I reading too much into this?
Oct 29, 2020 12:57 AM
Jan 2020
aplacebeyondMAL said:
Well, that's certainly one way to preview an episode!

I've absolutely loved the three episodes I've watched, and I'm glad this is releasing around spooky season. It feels like a spiritual successor to Food Wars in a way.

Question as an anime watcher- was that child able to see the curse? It seemed like he was aware it had jumped out of the building. Or am I reading too much into this?

Fushiguro did say in the first ep that you normally don't see curses, unless it's a near death experience or a special place (like school, abandoned building). Also in the end of this episode, there were detainees who could see the cursed womb and those who couldn't. I guess (don't really remember as a manga reader) it comes down to natural talent as well.
Oct 29, 2020 11:13 PM

Oct 2013
This was boring honestly, the comedy was a hit and miss, the new girl is a mix bag, not really fun of her character type we will see how this goes.

3/5 average so far with average animation and art. Not to mention the no face shots that were a lot in this episode.
Oct 30, 2020 5:36 AM
Oct 2020
رائع جدااااا!!!
Nov 1, 2020 4:43 AM

Dec 2018
Great episode! Love to see a strong female teammate. Those three are going to be a great team. Wonder what will happen next? Do someone is really going to die? That would be lame if one of them died so early.

Nov 3, 2020 12:32 AM

Aug 2017
Nobara has a bad attitude but has a good personality.

I like her!!

Nobara and Yuuji are a comedic duo XDXD!!!

And what's with that ending??? One of them gonna die!!??

Nov 4, 2020 11:36 PM

Nov 2019
nice episode,
the op & ed are really starting to grow on me *i think they're fire*
Nov 5, 2020 11:47 AM
Jun 2019
We got an another screwed loose and she is a girl.

Nov 7, 2020 8:48 PM

Jul 2017
Another good episode~. Nobara and Yuuji's chemistry is quite entertaining to me. She's a spitfire, but I'm into it. Her fighting style is pretty cool too. I'm excited to see what the team can do together. I'm intrigued by the ending leading into ep. 4 though.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 8, 2020 9:20 AM

Aug 2017
I still don't see the reason between finding her friend and being a Sorcerer. If someone can explain me I would appreciate it.

Nobara is a ok character.....nothing nothing we haven't seen before.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 8, 2020 11:06 AM
Jan 2020
Nurguburu said:
I still don't see the reason between finding her friend and being a Sorcerer. If someone can explain me I would appreciate it.

Nobara is a ok character.....nothing nothing we haven't seen before.

Nobara wishes to find Sayori-chan - long lost friend who was also like a big sister to her - in Tokyo, plus she hates countryside that drove her friend out. So Jujutsu High was the only way she could move without spending money. A very simple reason.
Nov 23, 2020 2:06 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting how the humour seems to be a hit and miss for some. I absolutely love it though, lol. Maybe because I like dry cliché slapstick kinda humour?? Dunno

"You... are truly slothful!"

Dec 1, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 2020
A great debut of Nobara. Her rather tomboyish nature makes her a really entertaining character. Her interactions with the main cast, especially Yuuji, are quite amusing. Seems like this Saori girl plays a big role in her coming to Tokyo. I hope she will able to meet her.

I'm worried about the ending scene, though. Apparently, one of the three first-years is going to die.
Dec 6, 2020 9:21 PM

Sep 2018
In terms of comedy, this anime is not that funny but the story and the action is interesting.
Dec 8, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2013
Oh shit she really is like Sakura, they're both annoying and violent. But I get it though, female members are essential otherwise it'd be a sausage party lol
Dec 23, 2020 7:09 PM

Oct 2013
I have a feeling Nobara is going to annoy the shit out of me.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 23, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2019
oh wow i'll give it that, i'm enjoying this anime way more then i thought. Ngl i actually love the main gang, each of them have different-ish personality's, yet their character chemistry is really good. Imma love to see them interact more in the future.

Aw, poor kid had it rough, got held hostage by a mutated gremlin then caught in the middle of a quarrel between Yuuji and Nobara. Still, that scene where Yuuji perfectly cut off the curses fingers and arm off, without harming the kid, did stun me. Very well done.

Nobara's got some mad curses, really interesting ability with the nail's and hammer, but that final finisher move with the doll was actually super clean and amazing. She's also got a super interesting backstory that i feel like will get touched upon more with what they showed us rn.

Next episode looks mad, like actually mad, there's a giant womb in the sky god actually have mercy.
Dec 27, 2020 10:03 PM

Nov 2008
Nobara's a little bitchy but in an amusing way and she's also tough as nails. :D I also love how she talks like a delinquent lol delinquent girls are cool xD

THOSE DAMN MONSTERS GET CREEPIER WITH EACH EPISODE, MAN. I love it. Megumi is still my fave of the four...cause I am weak for black-haired moody guys...but I also really like how he's merely a bit moody instead of a holier than thou ass and it's cute af that he felt 'left out' today xD (SASUKE? PFT PLZ)

...yeah the ED is sounding pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is the heads look a bit too small on the bodies...but it's a nitpick. xD
ChiibiDec 27, 2020 10:31 PM

Jan 3, 2021 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
Aw hell yeah, I'm really into the show now! The squad is all here, love Nobara's character, she's loud and quite foul-mouthed but came from a humble background in the countryside. Not to mention she's also cute. Don't know why her backstory is shown to the audience right then, felt like it'll be more appropriate later on but I digress...

Welp the first years' interactions with each other are definitely interesting, not to mention their sensei is an individual with funky personality and immense capability.
ShadowkillZJan 3, 2021 8:11 PM
Jan 22, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
Training episode time or I guess entrance exam would be a more appropriate description.

Nobara's alright, I guess. She's got an interesting ability at least. Hopefully, she won't annoy the hell out of me because there's only so much shounen comedy I could take. Her backstory's quite odd though. What kind of community forces out one resident for coming from Tokyo? (ToT) Saori seems like a really big part of Nobara though so maybe they'll expand more on this later. I just thought it was weird lol.

So Yuji is in fact not right in the head lol. Well it was obvious there was more to him considering how easily he accepted the entire situation and of course his superhuman physical capabilities.

Jan 24, 2021 4:55 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
1st episode was like Bleach and now this episode reminds me of Naruto.

1 teacher guy, 2 boy pupils and 1 pupil girl. Those three pupils also are kinda similar to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

Nobara is annoying, hopefully later she won't.
Saori's backstory, well she got bullied by villagers just because they were baselessly thinking Saori looked down upon them? There'd better be more detailed backstory of her otherwise that would be lazy writing.
RinrinkaJan 24, 2021 4:58 AM

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 31, 2021 2:17 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I guess all the Shounen ingredients are checked now, to the first real mission then.
Jan 31, 2021 2:21 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
BillyHillywinny said:
رائع جدااااا!!!
I approving of this message.
Feb 1, 2021 11:21 AM
Apr 2018
Yup well guess I'm officially buying the manga now
Feb 1, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2015
HulkAgiota said:
Of course this anime have a woman with shitty personality who likes to punch the mc for no reason. This is so funny 🤡. Oh and of course she's not a bad person, she just had difficulties in the past, and thats why she's so annoying, so sad 😢

Agreed, its an anime trope that's quite annoying.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Feb 18, 2021 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
Damn that backstory. Some people are just dumb. Why would you think someone hates the countryside if they moved there. Interesting episode, though the lack of sorcerers feels sad. Also woah, what was that thing at the end. Who died.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 21, 2021 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
Amazing episode! I like this Nobara girl already :3 she's very tough and have a strong personality on top of it X3 Felt bad for kid who was taken hostage by that curse, but I'm glad he's safe ;-; The next curse for the next episode looks very disgusting :I

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 27, 2021 5:51 AM
Jul 2020
I love the Voice acting on Nobara

so damn hilarious xD
Feb 27, 2021 7:59 AM

Dec 2020
Huh just learned Gege wasn't sure about adding Nobara's backstory.
But her line "It's to stay true to myself" ended up working it out.
Mar 4, 2021 10:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nobara is just a BIT too typical tsundere for my taste but I’d still let her step on me any day XD. That’s pretty messed up though, rejecting someone just because they’re not from around there. I thought the countryside was chill, what were those guys’ problems??

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 10, 2021 9:24 PM

Aug 2018
Very good chapter and also funny xd
Mar 11, 2021 7:41 PM
Mar 2021
In this episode, we got a little taste of Nobara's past but now I am more intrigued about her. I am really loving Yuuji's and Nobara's interactions with each other and they offer comedic relief which I love. So far I enjoying this anime with me being only 3 episodes in its interesting. Overall, I give this episode a 4/5 rating.
Mar 15, 2021 8:52 AM
Sep 2018
very good episode
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Today, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.