Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2020 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show has a charming start, especially with the anime's way of protraying both Elaina and Flan. Elaina still has a lot to learn in her life judging by her abilities but she's still young and has time.

On the other hand, Flan looks pretty tough, at least by the parts where we see her use magic. I'm surprised by the amount of emotions from this episode though, seems they're really pushing Elaina as a witch with feelings. She's also grown to be more confident just from this first episode. Solid start!
Oct 2, 2020 5:37 AM

Aug 2015
Going to be a best Anime for Fall Season
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
Oct 2, 2020 6:14 AM

Feb 2018
A peaceful episode, no matter how many times she was trying, this girl never gave up on learning magic. Although in the end she got a strange witch. I want to eat that food, does this look disgusting?

It was a nice duel, although the MC had to admit the prowess of the witch. I like the crying scene, really touching...and that hug would make a great ending for this episode.

Don't cry Otou-san...

SyureriaOct 2, 2020 6:38 AM
Oct 2, 2020 6:15 AM

Apr 2010
So far it's looking good the main character looks interesting and she has a lot of patience seeing everything that happened.
She had a hard time but managed to overcome it.
Her parents where funny as well especially the father who was worried about his daughter.
Oct 2, 2020 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
What a promising start. Can see this to be "Kino's Journey" Dark Witch edition.

(14 turned) 18-year-old Elaina is quite the charming character, and HanaKana's "Stardust Witch" Sensei Flan is an illusive one of patience and knowledge ignored towards the young sorcerer (but for good reason). Despite all that, Elaina persevering to not snap up and going into an outmatched fight against Flan, THAT is some ego-beating right there. And a coercement from Elaina's own parents to boot, that's some parental "teaching" right there.

Even with that, there's some comedy to be had, and WOW I didn't expect to have feels from the VERY FIRST episode. Colour me surprised.

Now I wanna enjoy this adventure-fantasy A HELLA LOT. Time to start this travelling journey!
KANLen09Oct 2, 2020 6:57 AM
Oct 2, 2020 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Really Good first episode,animation looks dope,hopefully C2C can keep the quality.
Oct 2, 2020 7:11 AM

Mar 2017
the first episode did a surprise one for me. I thought it's going to be wholesome BUT HOLY HELL. the action remind me of Harry Potter so much that I smiled all the way to the end after seeing the exam test.
I've been dying to see HP Anime Version and this Anime has truly made my wish come true by the magic action.

First Impression? 10/10. but for now, I'm gonna rate it 9/10.
Oct 2, 2020 7:14 AM

Mar 2014
KANLen09 said:

(14 turned)

wait why 14 turned?
Oct 2, 2020 7:17 AM
Jun 2020
masterpiece, but in my opinion there are not many expressions of kawai elaina. not like in the manga
Oct 2, 2020 7:21 AM

Feb 2016
Nice simple summary to the novel, felt pretty damn quick though hopefully it's just the first episode setting the stuff out, I still enjoyed it but! always great to see characters alive in the screen, and hear your characters speak key lines straight from the novel, it brings very good feelings.

Very interesting animation style, bunch of mixed effects styles and visual effects especially that fire 🔥

Can't rate it tbh at this moment, but I know I'm happy this is a thing :)
RainbowsaurOct 2, 2020 7:29 AM
Oct 2, 2020 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
AnimeSoap said:
KANLen09 said:

(14 turned)

wait why 14 turned?
AT THE START she's 14, AT THE END (of the episode) she's 18 (after practice timeskip). Please watch through the episode thoroughly.
Oct 2, 2020 7:40 AM

Apr 2019
Elaina is very likeable, Flan is cool too. 5-7/10 so far.

Oct 2, 2020 7:44 AM

Apr 2016
Well, they really took this episode with a rocket speed didnt they, her mom is that which she read about ain't she ? Also what the hell did the witch is gonna fight with such an intensive battle training ? Hello ? Anyway i hope the show keeps the visual quality for the rest of the season and it's not just first "big" episode bait. I dont know a thing about the LN but this seems like a nice sol show.

Also VAs are on fire.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
MrZawaOct 8, 2020 3:28 AM
Oct 2, 2020 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
5/5 episode absolutely loved it actually I have low expectations from this series but that's why I think this episode hits me in amazing way
Oct 2, 2020 7:56 AM

Aug 2012
Great 1st episode! This might become my AOTS if they keep this up.
Oct 2, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2016
KANLen09 said:
AnimeSoap said:

wait why 14 turned?
AT THE START she's 14, AT THE END (of the episode) she's 18 (after practice timeskip). Please watch through the episode thoroughly.

AnimeSoap said:
KANLen09 said:

(14 turned)

wait why 14 turned?

they've made her straight out to be 18 at the end of episode one (she only trains for 1 year with flan).. however in the novel (tiny spoiler if your going to read novel) the reader is made to assume she becomes a witch at 15 and leaves on her journey pretty much as soon as she goes home and tells her parents. They probably told us she was 18, because the preview of the next episode actually takes place
and it seems they want to take it from there. This is my guess
RainbowsaurOct 2, 2020 8:07 AM
Oct 2, 2020 8:16 AM

Sep 2019
It was a good first episode. They introduced Elaina well and we got to hear HanaKana.
Oct 2, 2020 8:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow i'm impressed by the visuals, I thought it was an iyashikei but idk because it was harsh for her in the middle of the episode xD but so far it seems to be good
Oct 2, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
Woa I wasn't expecting such a great premise at all. I thought this would be another typical magic, fantasy anime but this actually seems a lot promising.

Visuals were really good and I really liked the character designs too. Both Elaina and Flan are very likeable characters. Flan sensei in bathing towel was hot. The fight scene was really good too.

Wow it's already a 1 year + 3 year timeskip. So it's been already 3 years since her journey started and she hasn't met Flan for three years too huh. I wanna see sensei again.

Also I think Flan might be related to Nikeh. Like her reincarnation or descendant or maybe Nikeh herself lol who knows.

Anyway looking forward to more.

Jan 2014
What a pretty sight honestly. Reminds of Somail with how the art and things looked great there.

Already love the mc too, cannot wait to see more of this world!

Nov 2016
Elaina was such an overconfident brat, that humbling experience was seriously needed.

It was a fine start and while not being super original it has it's own charme. I dunno how much was skipped in this episode, but it felt decently paced. Also had more action than expected. Gonna miss arara-sensei, tho. Hope we're going to see her again soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2018
That was a great first episode.
I really like Elaina, she's cute and very talented.

Her test with Fran-sensei was really well animated. I really, really hope this level of animation quality is consistent.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 2, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2015
Beautiful art and animation, and a really good start for a series.

Oof, if it maintains this level of quality, I might give it a 10/10 by the end.
Oct 2, 2020 8:33 AM
Jul 2020
y’all don’t know how much I’m happy hearing hanazawa kana’s voice again
cute and adventure show is on the way and I’m here for that anyway
Oct 2, 2020 8:39 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was beautiful.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Oct 2, 2020 8:41 AM

Oct 2014
Hondo Kaede always getting these main character roles. She is on the roll
Oct 2, 2020 8:53 AM
Apr 2020
Loved this anime already! With enough comedy, gr8 character design and nice story every anime can be this fulfulling to watch.

breathtaking start!

PS: found my first waifu.
Oct 2, 2020 8:54 AM

Dec 2015
I think this might be a hidden gem among the fall 2020 season.
Oct 2, 2020 8:57 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly was pretty good, already some character development and quite unique magic combat whic seems more dynamic and fluid.
Oct 2, 2020 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
Really wanna watch it, but it’s delayed on Funimation due to late receipt of materials. I’m hearing great things about the art and animation for the first episode tho.
Oct 2, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
there is nothing I hate about this show,

But there is nothing that I admire.

This seems kind of a prologue, I am going to wait for an episode and see where it goes ???

The characters are very anime-ish that's fine, but I am yet to see an expression that feels alive.

This can be a slow burner of a series. I am dubious.
Oct 2, 2020 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome start. C2C is delivering another great series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 2, 2020 9:21 AM
May 2020
Not to be a bother, but where did you guys watch this? I can't seem to find it on funi or Crunchyroll.
Oct 2, 2020 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing start. This is one of the few series I was waiting for the most in this season.

Already impressed and I hope we get to see Flan-sensei again at some point.

Oct 2, 2020 9:31 AM
Oct 2015
mmorehouse200 said:
Not to be a bother, but where did you guys watch this? I can't seem to find it on funi or Crunchyroll.
Muse Asia youtube channel
Oct 2, 2020 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
This first episode is very beautiful. Amazing animation and character development. I was impressed Elaina and Flan relationship so much. Great start than I expected!
Oct 2, 2020 9:46 AM
Oct 2019
Wow! This was better than I had expected.

Even though it was just the pilot this episode really helped to developed Elaina character leading to was a far more nuanced take on a cliche trope.

The pacing was really good, it wasn't too fast that thing become confusing and we got just enough backstory to help us get invested in Elaina.
It was very smart and cruel of Elaina's parent to humble her like that and teach her several important lessons- overconfident in her ability can become her downfall, it is okay to say no and importance of learning from failures and setbacks.

Flan is an interesting and powerful character hope we get to see more of her in the future.
The animation and art look fantastic, C2C is doing a great job, hope the quality stays this high
This series seems really promising and can't wait to see more of Elaina journey.
chid_emordi1Oct 2, 2020 9:50 AM
Oct 2, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
I guess I wasn’t in the wrong for being extremely hyped about this one

Great episode
Oct 2, 2020 10:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kaede suited well with her character. Elaina just adorable and cute at the same time. She was surely a talented witch, at her young age. But, she needed to learnt something. So, that when she met HanaKana, er i mean, Flan sensei. Flan, with her eccentric lesson succeeded to bring more experience to Elaina, always to tell her opinion, to tell a truth, no matter what. Such a simple training, they had. Ashen witch, eh? What a simple title she had there! Okay, this is better than i can anticipated. A nice and very smooth start to begin with and a heart-touching introduction for all of the starting characters. Its truly a light hearted journey, no hard feeling. I do really hope to learn more about their world building and whatever happened on her journey, must be bring more joy and happiness when seeing it.

So, lets begin your adventure, Elaina!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 2, 2020 10:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rainbowsaur said:

they've made her straight out to be 18 at the end of episode one (she only trains for 1 year with flan).. however in the novel (tiny spoiler if your going to read novel) the reader is made to assume she becomes a witch at 15 and leaves on her journey pretty much as soon as she goes home and tells her parents. They probably told us she was 18, because the preview of the next episode actually takes place
and it seems they want to take it from there. This is my guess

Yeah, its really was. Not just a guess. So, she will be saved to be my next waifu xD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 2, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2016
This was actually better than I thought it would be, and I already have high expectation, since some people hyped.

Although, I would say this I understand what the parents were trying to do, but the way they did it was just awful. They pretty much just paid a random witch to teach their kid a lesson(a lesson that she should learn naturally), which she accomplished by beating the shit out of their kid.
Oct 2, 2020 10:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great first episode! I expected a nice and chill watch with fine visuals but C2C clearly has different plans, some of the action sequences were glorious. Certainly didn't see that coming.

Flan-sensei's antics were really fun to keep up with and Elaina really needed that experience. I was getting a little annoyed honestly but it's all positives now. I'm a little surprised the parents trusted a random witch to follow through with the idea though, bribing though xD.

Elaina's mother was freakin' awesome though but lol, poor father can't take it.

I've been looking forward to this for a while and we're off to a great start! Arte vibes at the start and Flying Witch written all over it, count me in!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2008
Really don't see any reason for the parents to try to teach something Elaina like that. She would learn that word is not always fair by herself. Especially when no witch wanted to teach her.
Oct 2, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2019
The premiere was great and the background art is really pretty. I'm totally hyped for her adventures in the future.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 2, 2020 11:37 AM

Sep 2017
That was a nice first episode

A bit too "anime-ish" and it can't compare to Mahoutsukai no Yome or Witch Hat Atelier, but that start seems interesting

Hope it's gonna be like Kino no Tabi but with witches
Oct 2, 2020 12:00 PM
Sep 2020
Seems pretty promising and fun!This was certainly a content-packed first episode, from sad to funny to hype-building, and few anime have hooked me up right away like this one.

Definitely looking forwards to what comes next, especially since we alrady have a bit of mystery thrown our way
Oct 2, 2020 12:08 PM
May 2019
I don't really know what to think about this anime yet other than wow, is it ever pretty looking!
Oct 2, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2017
I was expecting a cute girl doing a nice little adventure, but this episode was more than that, it shows great promise, and is actually of a higher standard than I initially would have thought. I am very interested to see where this show goes.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 2, 2020 12:14 PM

Feb 2020
I didn't at all know what to expect, but it turned out being quite good ! Eleina's relationship with her teacher was so sweet (too bad we won't see more of it in a while). I also truly appreciated Eleina's crying scene, because of how real it felt. I could really feel Eleina's emotionalexhaustion here.
That's a promising start ! I'll probably put it on hold though, I have too many shows in my watch list and I don't like to wait before watching an episode, but I'll definitely get back to it.
Oct 2, 2020 12:20 PM
Sep 2014
That's the best first episode of a series I have seen in a long time ! I hope it will keep it up
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.