Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 19, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that's a badass way for Natsume to come and save the audience in the neck of time.

The show reinforces the idea of the dangers of their world and that death is an unfortunate consequence. Just seeing those bodies in the dirt gave me the chills. Seems like another buildup episode with the characters gathered to rebulid their civilization. I actually like how everyone is on the same page working together.

Aug 19, 2020 8:06 AM
Oct 2016
I'm gonna tear it all down. I would've said the same thing Kaburagi did after seeing how torn up Natsume is from everything. Losing him and having to become a more reliable person has taken its toll on her. I echoed her tears in that scene when was speaking to him about wanting to become stronger. Natsume is shouldering so much now that she thinks Kaburagi is never coming back. A good uplifting episode after how crazy the last few have been. Natsume rallying everyone to try and help repair the wall was great to see. She really is incredible having the strength to do that when most people would give up. No matter the obstacle that little girl keeps going, it's really inspiring. Kaburagi sees that drive to move forward and become a better person and is applying it to himself a lot now. She's his reason to keep going. Natsume thinking he saved her but it's the other way around. The action looked great at the start with Natsume and the Gears fighting the Gadoll incursion. It's cruel for the game system to think of this as a way to cull the expanding human population within Deca Dence. Kaburagi can see that I think and wants to help them. I hope he throws the biggest party possible with destroying the Gadoll factory!
Aug 19, 2020 8:11 AM

Jul 2019
The first half was good but i thought i didnt care for most characters so it didnt have much impact on me, the scene with kabu and natsume on the other hand, man, the direction, animation, photography, music were all fucking perfect, god dam.
Aug 19, 2020 8:15 AM
May 2016
ROW ROW FIGHT THE SYSTEM!
Maaan how does this show only get better and better with every week? What a fucking ride!
Aug 19, 2020 8:20 AM
Sep 2015
And I thought his new avatar is gonna be a bishounen young guy that look like Kirito, turns out it's another DILF model, in which I absolutely have no problem with ;)
Aug 19, 2020 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Shits getting real hype. He's gonna fight and tear it all down, and I cannot wait for next week's episode now.
Aug 19, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
phantomfandom said:
And I thought his new avatar is gonna be a bishounen young guy that look like Kirito, turns out it's another DILF model, in which I absolutely have no problem with ;)

love that part when kabu goes like BISH WHO MADE MAH GIRL CRY

#weloveDILFS
Aug 19, 2020 8:44 AM
Jul 2020
Things are still confusing atm, but it will all be explained. I hope soon. I have a lot of hypotheses on what is happening such as a simulation that gives you free reign in mind, but takes some memories away... idk but it better be something epic!

This was a great episode overall!! Kaburagi still sounds the same to us, but he probably sounds different to Natsume or else she would've known immediately,,.. i mean his new avatar looks like his old one in some aspects. But I think Pipe could tell who he was!! Yk animal instinct or sm like that.

Haha he doesn't drink milk, same bro I find it nasty to straight up drink that stuff.

Can't wait for the next episode, the season is slowly coming to an end, the ending better give us a good explanation on what's going to happen next. (not 100% sure if they are going to make a ssn two but from how far along we are I would assume yes.)
Aug 19, 2020 8:53 AM

Jan 2018
That face Kaburagi make when Natsume was having her moment was terrifying. I wouldn't even dare to cross with the man.

Another goal has been set in motion for Kaburagi, this time to destroy the very essential part of the game.
Aug 19, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Deca Dence and actually this series is what we´ve expected before the season...

It took almost half of the series but Deca-Dence it´s on fire now and since last week (and this one) the pace is getting better and better...
Sad to see Natsume suffering while she realized Kaburagi wasn´t there anymore but also great to see how she has become stronger thanks to her effort and his support

And then we have the scene between both of them and all is amazing again (really what a scene man!)
Aug 19, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2019
Idc. Natsume best girl of the season. While I love the show, it makes me really depressed knowing Natsume is essentially fighting a losing battle. It’s really a battle the survivors can’t win, as things stand now, kabu could be the X factor in giving them a shot tho
Aug 19, 2020 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Natsume crying at the end...maybe she'll understand one day.
And Kaburagi is absolutely epic, can't wait to see him in action next ep
Aug 19, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2020
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait to see next episode!!!!!
Love Kabu!!!!
Aug 19, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing Natsume cry... I want to give her a hug.

Kaburagi look when he said he will tear it all down was scary.

Aug 19, 2020 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
Holy shit that look of Kaburagi before the ed song, sent chills down my spine.
LemonadeYou-kyanAug 19, 2020 10:09 AM
Aug 19, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2018
Natsume is really a strong heroine and kind.

Kaburagi x Natsume?Anyone?haha
Aug 19, 2020 10:34 AM
Feb 2011
I'm going to ride it out, but this anime doesn't appear to be as groundbreaking as it could have been. Although, it did take seven episodes for me to understand that from the chibi androids' perspective that our (human) real world would be considered their virtual world (Deca Dence). The idea is a breath of fresh air, but the characters are too cliché.

Aug 19, 2020 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Seems the plan of the game masters isn't working well - even without Kaburagi intefering. Since Natsume is acting on her own now - and succesful at it.

Kaburagi planning to destroy the facility ... this is going to be interesting. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Aug 19, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2019
damn that look at the end was pretty intense not gonna lie.
Aug 19, 2020 10:47 AM

Aug 2016
So that buff triplet chick didn't die? Lol, okay then.

And goddamn Fei is such an annoyingly selfish character.
Aug 19, 2020 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
Time to login once again into the world of Deca-Dence!...that's at least for Kaburagi with a new character avatar, as with the typical game opening narrations and such.

As expected, the discourse of Kaburagi's former historical change of Deca-Dence and The System brings EVEN MORE consequences that from here on out, are all original and not foreshadowed (much less planned from the get-go). Yet, his decision of helping Natsume stands at the expense of the over-growth of Tankers, but too hamper his presence that cannot be overstayed.

Without Kaburagi, Natsume pretty much has to lead the Tankers by her own willpower and strength to do things the ordinary game citizen won't think of. Yeap, a strong and kind heroine to the masses to a world that has a bleak and unforeseen future ahead of them.

Positivity is the name of the game despite everyone harbingering in their own selfishness, but the presence is felt throughout Deca-Dence and the alignment of everyone is made clear to work together to create their own future. Happy moments.

Natsume's discernment of Kaburagi's new character is just the funniest thing ever, until Pipe showed up and revealed subtle traits true to his original character. Milk, anyone? And she pretty much got the situation known, she needs a hug DAMN BADLY.

Kaburagi, get ready to rain your party down with the bugs! Destroy the Gadoll facility!

As if I'd expect this show to get any wilder, it's getting A WHOLE LOT BETTER as well.
Let this be known: this anime is gonna be a wild ride in the latter half, and I can feel it in my bones in excitement and hype.
Aug 19, 2020 10:54 AM

Feb 2014
This show is going places now. To fix the world, Kaburagi is gonna mess with the source now.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 19, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
ye Kabugari is gonna destroy the monster factory

im not sure if Kaburagi is just simply inspired by Natsume at this point they might be some love there as well? welp that age gap though lol and is Natsume even at the age of consent damn lol more
Aug 19, 2020 11:03 AM

Feb 2019
This anime becoming more interesting

I cried after seeing natsume cry 😭
Aug 19, 2020 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
deg said:
im not sure if Kaburagi is just simply inspired by Natsume at this point they might be some love there as well? welp that age gap though lol and is Natsume even at the age of consent damn lol more

She's more like a daughter to him. Stop seeing shit that isn't even there.
Aug 19, 2020 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
ame-furi said:
deg said:

you know how shippers radars are like so ye i tend to be a shipper too but not a hardcore one
Aug 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
deg said:
ame-furi said:

you know how shippers radars are like so ye i tend to be a shipper too but not a hardcore one

Yeah, because if one person wants to care for another, it automatically means that they're in love with them. You shippers are so cancerous sometimes.
Aug 19, 2020 11:22 AM

Jan 2009
ame-furi said:
deg said:

Yeah, because if one person wants to care for another, it automatically means that they're in love with them. You shippers are so cancerous sometimes.

exactly and i feel the same way
Aug 19, 2020 11:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Things are getting intense now. Looking at Kaburagi to try to bring the house down.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 19, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
That end was great. I thought Kabu was going insane for a bit. I really don't understand Fei's character though. She doesn't support Natsume or bring anything to the plot.
Aug 19, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
I'm sorry I really can't sympathize with Fei, what a bitch but somehow she redeemed herself

The last scene was amazing!!!! Natsume got me super emotional and then Kaburagi with that angry look!
FireFistYKAug 19, 2020 12:22 PM
Aug 19, 2020 12:26 PM

Jun 2020
Yes this was probably my favourite ep from Deca-Dence yet, shit's probably gonna do down every ep after this one I'm hoping, cuz the second half of this ep was fire
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 19, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Shits getting real hype. He's gonna fight and tear it all down, and I cannot wait for next week's episode now.

I Definitely Agree

I Play Games And Stuff
https://pastebin.com/11uWc8b7
Aug 19, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2011
very nice episode, im excited to see how things are going to develop next. also loved to see how important kaburagi is to natsume's grow
Aug 19, 2020 2:27 PM

Sep 2017
Would like to know more of Kaburagi's backstory. Or really just the history of these AI ppl. Cause I'm pretty sure they said that the OG humans basically uploaded themselves as AI when the world was going to shit, but like how does the species continue to prosper? I doubt these robot ppl can fuck and I don't think they can just code up some new kids. So they probably can't due from natural causes. So then I wonder how long Kabu has been alive in this form. These robot ppl have to have been around for a supremely long time for them to think so little of human lives (since they were once human themselves).

It's interesting to think about when I'm trying to understand how an AI dude like Kabu could get so attached to a lowly human, that are basically npcs to everyone else, that he'd wan't to go and destroy the entire system.
Aug 19, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
This was a fantastic episode! People should give this anime a chance!
Aug 19, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty great episode!

Was nice to see Kaburagi interact with Natsume again, eventho she's unaware it was actually him. Or maybe knowing that she's a bug, she might actually be aware but kept it quiet, who knows!

Natsume crying was pretty sad, ever since Kaburagi "left", she's had it tough! She does her best though, same with wanting to fix the hole in the wall.

Either way, Kaburagi is going to destroy the Gadoll Factory, now things are getting really hype!!
Aug 19, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2020
It was nice seeing Kaburagi and Natsume reunite even if she didn't know it was him. It was interesting how she saw Kaburagi's new avatar as him when he was with pipe and this episode showed how close the two have really grown. Can't wait for the next episode to see how Kaburagi plans to get rid of the gadoll. I'm still a bit confused about this whole AI thing and I've been hoping with time I'd understand it better but that has not happened. Overall enjoying the series thus far.
Aug 19, 2020 3:38 PM
Feb 2020
I'm sorry but this show just gets better and better😼
I thought that kabu's avatar would look a bit different but it is just literally his old one with red hair👀

But wait what about the gaint gadolls we saw 2 episodes ago like do they just not exist or 😶
But anyway this episode was really wholesome seing everyone patched up the hole and it generally made me smile i care for downtime episodes and seeing everyone work together just does it for me😙

Ngl i never really liked that fei girl i thought she was gonna be one of those I'm jealous because before you were failing and now your doing better kind of characters so it Generally suprised me when she came through with the butcher guys.
On a side note this show does a good job with portraying black characters like this one girl that was in a few shots she may have only said one line in the entire show but atleast its better than most.😤

No but kabu and natsume😌✌
Their scenes are always ✨amazing✨ like when kabu was scribbling on the note saying kabu wasn't coming back but the last 10 minutes had me 😤😿 like no you are not allowed to make natsume cry that actually hit too hard, the scene with pipe made me smile so hard and the first interactions with the new avatar is what i really love about natsume.
But damn kabu is ready to hell and back for her like he for real said make her cry one more time i dare you 🙉
Oh and i forgot to mention that i love
❤kurenai❤
But generally speaking this show is too underatted it's sad too see that it got put in the sane season as Re Zero, God of highschool and Fire force
Aug 19, 2020 4:38 PM
Dec 2018
I personally thought this was maybe the best yet. Feels like Deca-Dence up to now has been a series of ways to deal with absurdism, with Natsume and Kaburagi showing two very different sets of beliefs within that episode.
Aug 19, 2020 4:46 PM

Jan 2015
Holy moly those last minutes were INTENSE lmao, it went from 0 to 100 real quick. Gave me shivers
Aug 19, 2020 5:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I keep saying this every week and I'll say it again: DAMN, IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 19, 2020 5:19 PM

Apr 2018
I don't think that Fei is such a bad person. Tankers have some kind chip inside them, so there must be some kind of mind control affecting the way they feel about things.

So they see a huge hole in the wall that endangers their lives and they say "There's nothing we can do about it" and they give up to their fates. That's the reason Kabu was hunting bugs in the first place. To avoid people like Natsume disrupting the story line.

So Fei not being a bug acts accordingly to her programming and there's nothing she can do to stop being that way. Unless she becomes a bug herself and gets wiped out.
Aug 19, 2020 5:47 PM

Jul 2017
idk man, I can't really stand some of those sappy moments with Natsume, feels a bit too shounen-y tbh. Though when Kaburagi is there it does end up being a lot better (like the final scene).
Aug 19, 2020 6:23 PM

Apr 2020
Kaburagi watched Shingeki no Kyojin... Eren vibes.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 19, 2020 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
That last scene was so full of emotion it gave me goosebumps. This show is fucking amazing.
Aug 19, 2020 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
burn it all down Kabugari
Aug 19, 2020 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Still don't get much of the show but I'm sure things will start to clear up in further episodes
Aug 19, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
The drama at the end between Natsume and Kaburagi was really good. I'm sure the next eps gonna be fire
Aug 19, 2020 8:26 PM

Aug 2019
oooow things are gonna get really spicy soon, overall really good episode.

Huh, seems another scripted event has occurred, this time the devs are trying to minimise the tankers population, maybe to stop deca dence from moving for the time being. Either way the whole thing's dropped the moral of the humans and got everyone in a panicked mess.

Damn, things definitely got emotional for Natsume, she's clinging to a literal strand of hope at this point, after what have must of felt like a punch to the gut after seeing that the entire world was still littered with Gadoll regardless if they defeated that "impossible" Gadoll or not. Boss suddenly leaving, and the giant hole appearing in deca dence must have definitely dragged her down by a lot. But she definitely has some extremely strong will power, pushed through to help as best she can, i respect that.

oof, Kaburagi looking for blood now, after hearing Natsume's feelings of near defeat, Kaburagi about to rip and tear the Gadoll till none are left. First he's gotta start at the source, and it just so happens to be above there heads.

Story's really hyping me up rn, can't wait to see the prison break Kaburagi and his old crew are gonna perform .
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by diet_koma »»
Jun 11, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2020

124 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

113 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 12, 2020

119 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.