Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah ye, the inevitable beach episode. Characters looked cute in their swimsuits but I think Karyl had the best reactions with the others trying to play with her.

Glad to see plenty of characters show up, even those outside of the main cast including Saren, Suzume, etc. Very fun episode. Looks like there's even a bit of rivalry heh.
Jun 1, 2020 8:30 AM

Feb 2018
Growing rice in the morning is tiring and makes you hungry, how surprised Kyaru when opening the door to see his party friends are getting ready to go to the beach. I thought there was something at night that it turned out that Kokkoro only wanted to show swimsuits, how stupid they were to learn swimming on the floor, lol.

They are very cute wearing swimsuits, princess splash is big waves, lol. Pekorina seems very happy to tease Kyaru, I can't believe that they can't swim, xD.

Taiyaki seems delicious, many new characters have appeared but look at this one HimeDere girl, lol. Pekorina seems to have a big stomach, that much food she can finish quickly, lol.

A gift from Kyaru is an ability to breathe underwater? the scenery at the bottom of the sea is amazing, Kokkoro is incredible, this is an amazing episode .... diving is indeed a good activity.

Arigatou Gozaimasu Aruji-sama~
SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:27 AM
Jun 1, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
“What do you think? If it isn’t to your liking their compliments mean little” Yuki: “mhm” lol

A very wholesome and cute beach episode. Some really nice kokoro and yuki moments and of course it’s always nice to see pecorine in a swimsuit. The squid fight scene was nicely animated and led to a good meal at the end. Great episode :) can’t believe we’re already 9 weeks in!
Jun 1, 2020 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
What's a show without some subservient fanservice, and to the beach the Gourmet Guild goes, thanks to Kokkoro's "luck"!

I mean, Yuuki's a guy, so trying to impress him while being all tsundere about it is very normal (at least for the kuudere Koro-ster). And other than Pecorine and Yuuki, Koro-ster and Karyl cannot swim...

And of course, others have to join in the fun a.k.a. Susume and Saren. To think that even on the beach there's rivalry on food (to see other side characters also on the wayside) To add fuel to the fire, all that pressure went STRAIGHT to the easily angered Karyl...so, challenge accepted. That sea cucumber though...

Never in an episode where the side characters got their ambient screentime as much as possible, it's a good mix of characterization.

Adding the excitement though, there's always the pervertic squid/octopus, and this is leaps different (all thanks without the pervert sense, which is refreshing).

Quite a fun, charming and relaxing episode, NGL. Smiles upon my face this time.

Only the last quarter to go, and wondering what's left to milk.
Jun 1, 2020 11:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I see, even this show has a beach episode
Jun 1, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2019
Beach beach beach! It's summer soon!

I want to eat grilled octopus also again. Delicious! So much good food to eat...
Jun 1, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
I swear, how can a "mhm" be enough of a compliment.. I would praise the living shit out of these girls! They all looked so damn cute in their swimsuits!!

I love how most of the group didn't know how to swim!!

Interesting to know why Pecorine is so strong, who would have thought her armour holds so many bonusses!! To think the reason why she becomes hungry so quickly lies with the armour she wears XD

Great to see Suzume and Saren again as well! I swear this whole scenario on the beach with those food huts is like Shokugeki all over again from the start of this season XD

Overall a really nice episode, loved it, especially the end in the ocean due to Karyl's spell!
Jun 1, 2020 12:09 PM
Dec 2014
this episode really remind me of the first summer event of the game... next episode is about one of MOST cutest girl of all the character of this anime/the game(also one of my in-game favorites)... I cant wait to see her... nano~
Jun 1, 2020 12:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ah yes, we get a beach episode for this week's episode and all the girls looked good in their swimsuits. Even when Pecorine is not wearing any armor she's still strong as hell. Of course it wouldn't be a beach episode without a tentacle monster.
Jun 1, 2020 3:00 PM
Jan 2017
I like Princess Connect! Re:Dive, I really do, it's just that I think that the show's episodic formula and reliance on comedy can often work to the show's detriment. What do I mean with that? We have already passed the show's halfway mark and we're no closer to understanding Yuuki's past or Karyl's mission than we were back when the show's started. Don't get me wrong, the show's character writing and production values are beautiful, but I feel like the show is dragging its feet when it comes to the main story. That said, it's not something that will make me drop the show and I still enjoy it.
Jun 1, 2020 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
Fishing for compliments in a swimsuit is always cringy af.

Had still some cute parts, but overall just an okayish at best beach episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 2020 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
I can't imagine my monday nights without this anymore, it's just so relaxing! I'm glad that they didn't go the "dirty joke" route even though they had the chance to do this more than twice throughout the episode.

The last scene was breathtaking and so was the OST during the Kraken fight
Jun 1, 2020 3:59 PM

Jul 2014
kokkoro's way too cute. The scene where she shows Yuuki her swimsuit is pure diabetes.

Speaking of Yuuki, I wish he wasn't that stupid. Being like that allows him to have really funny moments but there are times when I wish he'd act more normal.

Pecorine's Pecorines looked disproportionately huge in the introduction scene of her swimsuit lol... Man, she's so hot! xD

Very interesting to know that her powers come from her armor and from what we saw, her tiara.

Embarrased pouty Karyl <3

That childhood friend <3

The last scene was beautiful.
Jun 1, 2020 4:01 PM

Jun 2016
Kokkoro is love <3 overworldly kawaii and pure.

Jun 1, 2020 4:34 PM

Oct 2007
nice! in a way this feels like a Kokkoro episode. ^^
hmm, she's not familiar with swimsuit. Well, but her princess costume already sort of looks like a swimsuit at the top. That underwater scene at the end was simply beautiful, looks like this anime is going the Kokkoro route?

Karyl alone planting rice in the fields, didn't expect her to take it seriously. Good cat. :)

And of course, nice to see vice captain Saren and her maid again. Some new girls introduced as well.

Jun 1, 2020 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
I swear, I can't get enough of Kokkoro's OxO face lol
Jun 1, 2020 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm, i don't really understand why the anime change the reasoning for them to go to beach into getting prize for lottery, instead of Karin give them vacation's ticket because they have done a lot of quests, n masking the intention to exterminate the kraken, as its making a lot more sense that way..

Also it felt a little bit forced to introduce Mercurius Foundation in a beach episode, furthermore Mifuyu get very little line of dialogue...

Well, the anime finally revealed the secret behind Pecorine's strength, n pecorine is still so strong in this episode because she is still wearing the tiara, which is part of the Royal Equipment set..

Ayumi's cameo is easy to find as it's just in the beginning of episode

And finally next episode will introduce the best n most beloved Priconne character: Pudding-chan \^_^/
lswarmrulerJun 1, 2020 6:16 PM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Jun 1, 2020 6:01 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
Hmm, i don't really understand why the anime change the reasoning for them to go to beach into getting prize for lottery, instead of Karin give them vacation's ticket because they have done a lot of quests, n masking the intention to exterminate the kraken, as its making a lot more sense that way..

Also it felt a little bit forced to introduce Mercurius Foundation in a beach episode, furthermore Mifuyu get very little line of dialogue...

Well, the anime finally revealed the secret behind Pecorine's strength, n pecorine is still so strong in this episode because she is still wearing the tiara, which is part of the Princess Garment set..

Ayumi's cameo is easy to find as it's just in the beginning of episode

And finally next episode will introduce the best n most beloved Priconne character: Pudding-chan \^_^/
yeah.. I cant wait to see Pudding-chan.. AND Hopefully I might able to see My queen Ilya too..
Jun 1, 2020 6:22 PM

Apr 2015
theENTER said:
yeah.. I cant wait to see Pudding-chan.. AND Hopefully I might able to see My queen Ilya too..
oh, hi.. how are u doing?
well, i think the title is referring to ilya so i'm 100% sure she will be in next episode too.

Jun 1, 2020 6:34 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
theENTER said:
oh, hi.. how are u doing?
well, i think the title is referring to ilya so i'm 100% sure she will be in next episode too.
Ohh.. I watched the ending part again and noticed that.. thanks..(guess I only saw the pudding part before..lol) p.s. I love both form of hers and she really cares her guild members too(after watching first arc of main story completely, Diabolos become my favorite guild of the game for a reason..)
Jun 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Apr 2015
theENTER said:
Ohh.. I watched the ending part again and noticed that.. thanks..(guess I only saw the pudding part at the time..lol) p.s. I love both form of hers and she really cares her guild members too(after watching first arc of main story completely, Diabolos become my favorite guild of the game for a reason..)
here have some more diabolos, miyako, n ilya's hilarious 4-komas... ^_^

Jun 1, 2020 7:03 PM
Dec 2014
lswarmruler said:
theENTER said:
Ohh.. I watched the ending part again and noticed that.. thanks..(guess I only saw the pudding part at the time..lol) p.s. I love both form of hers and she really cares her guild members too(after watching first arc of main story completely, Diabolos become my favorite guild of the game for a reason..)
here have some more diabolos, miyako, n ilya's hilarious 4-komas... ^_^
thanks..! (damn.. totally forgot the 4-comma comic existed.. gonna find the rest soon..)
Jun 1, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2018
Funny beach ep, without unnecessary ecchi stuff, just the usual cuteness is enough.
I think there was a slight drop of quality in a couple of scenes (in the lines and the faces), not so bad, but enough to notice it because it contrasted with the rest of the scenes, and with the show's quality in general. I can't complain, they've been delivering so far.
Jun 1, 2020 7:36 PM

Feb 2017
Overall a great episode but my favourite part has to be kyaru's spell which let out guild go diving XD
Jun 1, 2020 7:41 PM

Apr 2015
theENTER said:
thanks..! (damn.. totally forgot the 4-comma comic existed.. gonna find the rest soon..)
yeah, the princess connect 4-komas manga is actually officially released by cygames.. u can find all the original japan chapters here https://comic.priconne-redive.jp
or the english translated by fan here: fb.com/rafativity

Jun 1, 2020 9:51 PM

Dec 2008
HeroVladimir93 said:
I like Princess Connect! Re:Dive, I really do, it's just that I think that the show's episodic formula and reliance on comedy can often work to the show's detriment. What do I mean with that? We have already passed the show's halfway mark and we're no closer to understanding Yuuki's past or Karyl's mission than we were back when the show's started. Don't get me wrong, the show's character writing and production values are beautiful, but I feel like the show is dragging its feet when it comes to the main story. That said, it's not something that will make me drop the show and I still enjoy it.

Unfortunately they never would've been able to cover the main story with just 12 episodes anyway. If the show does well enough we will probably get a second season, who knows though when that will be.
Jun 1, 2020 10:21 PM
Jun 2020
Saku_k said:

Unfortunately they never would've been able to cover the main story with just 12 episodes anyway. If the show does well enough we will probably get a second season, who knows though when that will be.

It's actually 13 episodes. We'll still have to see the BD sales to know if it'll have a season 2. Considering some of the add-ons on the BDs though....
Jun 1, 2020 10:29 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Although it's fun to watch. I must say we're getting really close to ep 12. There's not enough time for them to even go back the main route of the story like the game. To begin with, the anime had branch off and took a difference path since ep 1 with the chill and relax tone.
At this rate, it just gonna SoL feel from beginning to end. I'm guessing that's probably KonoSuba staffs' intention to begin with in order to promote the game.
Jun 1, 2020 11:08 PM

Dec 2017
So next episode is partly titled after the stupidly tanky pudding ghost monster. Okay.
Jun 1, 2020 11:57 PM

Oct 2017
Nice a beach episode and it was a really fun one too. Everyone looked cute in swimsuits. Pecorine claiming she's just an ordinary girl without her armor but she can stop a kraken with bare hands lol. Also the underwater part was beautiful.
Jun 2, 2020 12:26 AM

Mar 2019
Beach episode ofc, it has nice colors
Jun 2, 2020 3:41 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was really cute especially for Kokoro (with her swimsuit >0<)

I laugh at this scene.

That was a very beautiful underwater shot

Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Jun 2, 2020 4:14 AM

Jun 2019
What a cute episode. Well it's an anime. so, it's bound to have a beach episode. The girls looked so good in their swimsuits. Kokkoro was the cutest in this episode imo. A nice and wholesome episode.
O x O
Jun 2, 2020 5:39 AM
Oct 2019
The only guilds left are Diabolos, NIGHTMARE, Twinkle Wish and Labirynth
Jun 2, 2020 6:13 AM

Dec 2017
Ohta08 said:

You forgot at the very least Carmina and Kaon. Not sure if Weissflugel (not counting Ayumi) and Lucent appeared in the first episode montage, couldn't remember. Unfortunately Nakayoshi-bu likely won't appear this season.

I also doubt Twinkle Wish will actually appear in a way that isn't flashbacks. Nightmare, Diabolos and Labyrinth technically all had guest appearances before, though... Diabolos is also almost certainly the focus of next episode.
Jun 2, 2020 8:07 AM
Dec 2014
Loop_Stratos said:
Ohta08 said:

You forgot at the very least Carmina and Kaon. Not sure if Weissflugel (not counting Ayumi) and Lucent appeared in the first episode montage, couldn't remember. Unfortunately Nakayoshi-bu likely won't appear this season.

I also doubt Twinkle Wish will actually appear in a way that isn't flashbacks. Nightmare, Diabolos and Labyrinth technically all had guest appearances before, though... Diabolos is also almost certainly the focus of next episode.
they might skip introducing Kaon (and Labirynth as well) for starting Main story, just my theory though..(I completed watching first act of main story of the game btw..)
Jun 2, 2020 8:19 AM

Dec 2017
theENTER said:
Loop_Stratos said:

they might skip introducing Kaon (and Labirynth as well) for starting Main story, just my theory though..(I completed watching first act of main story of the game btw..)

Well once you get to like the third act at least or further that shouldn't be a problem.

I do think at least Kaon will appear just because they're in the opening though.
Jun 2, 2020 8:27 AM
Dec 2014
Loop_Stratos said:
theENTER said:

Well once you get to like the third act at least or further that shouldn't be a problem.

I do think at least Kaon will appear just because they're in the opening though.
wait.. third act? I mean I finished watching chapter 15 of first part of story but..oh well..that aside, I also think least those who're on opening and the end of first episode will (likely) appear on this season..
Jun 2, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2017
theENTER said:
Loop_Stratos said:

wait.. third act? I mean I finished watching chapter 15 of first part of story but..oh well..that aside, I also think least those who're on opening and the end of first episode will (likely) appear on this season..

Oh nevermind, it's my bad. I didn't know which would be translated as "act", I treat it as "Part" or "Season". I guess what I thought was "Chapter"?
Jun 2, 2020 8:39 PM

Oct 2007
CeddyyBearr said:
I swear, how can a "mhm" be enough of a compliment.. I would praise the living shit out of these girls! They all looked so damn cute in their swimsuits!!

he's mentally challenged, so "mhm" can be an acceptable form of praise for now. ^^

A few more thoughts on the episode..

catgirl tired from working at the farm, go home to see everyone preparing to go the beach. xD

even without the lewdness // ecchi stuff usually associated with beach episodes, the show is still fun.

Kyaru is sexy in shorts! :3

looking forward to next week. :)
Jun 2, 2020 11:02 PM

Mar 2018
Wait, Saren and Suzume appeared twice but still no Kurumi and Ayane even tho they're from the same guild? Okay.

Mercurius Foundation's debut is fine but I'm kinda both sad and relieved that we didn't get to hear Akino's signature ear-grating "Ohohoho" laugh.

Jun 3, 2020 4:11 AM
Nov 2018
This is the ultimate otaku fantasy. Now you can imagine having a harem, but the main character is an empty vessel so you don't have to bother with another male presence. You don't have to hear a male voice. You can safely insert yourself in his position.

Here, have some free magic for ... doing nothing. This time it's breathing under water. More wish fulfilment coming up.

"But since meeting you, my lord, I've seen far, far more glorious sights than I ever imagined back then."

What? He isn't doing anything. It's doubtful if he even knows how to clean himself or wipe his ass after using the bathroom, or if they have to do that for him too.

The KonoSuba staff are really milking their earlier success. If it wasn't for that anime, this anime wouldn't be noticed at all.
Jun 3, 2020 4:33 AM

Mar 2018
Hegar said:
This is the ultimate otaku fantasy. Now you can imagine having a harem, but the main character is an empty vessel so you don't have to bother with another male presence.
This is some bitter truth but you realized that only after episode 9? This is the kind of comment I was expecting at episode 1 or 2.

And about how "this anime would't be noticed at all'', what about players of the game this anime is based on, who just want to see their beloved characters in action, or what about people who don't self-insert themselves into a story at all?

Jun 3, 2020 7:21 PM

Oct 2007
FireFistYK said:
I can't imagine my monday nights without this anymore, it's just so relaxing! I'm glad that they didn't go the "dirty joke" route even though they had the chance to do this more than twice throughout the episode.

yeah, it's nice they did not go for the ecchi. :)

we have 4 more episodes, so it's about a month more of Kokkoro. :x

seems to be plenty more characters to introduce, but I hope to see Eriko one more time - she's hot. ><
Jun 3, 2020 8:12 PM
Jul 2011
Renkini said:
Mercurius Foundation's debut is fine but I'm kinda both sad and relieved that we didn't get to hear Akino's signature ear-grating "Ohohoho" laugh.
The laugh was one of the things I really wanted to hear especially, during their anime debut. Damn it, Akino was supposed to laugh first before roasting Karyl.
Jun 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
Pecorine: "without my armor i'm just a normal girl"
also Pecorine, lifts big rocks and giant squids anyway :v

yay bikini episode :D

anyway, another really fun episode, i love this anime <3 hope the game will one day get a global release (and not for America only like many others...)
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 9, 2020 2:48 PM

Jan 2015
Damn those last minutes were beautiful

Nice episode
Jun 14, 2020 3:18 PM

Mar 2010
Mm the rivalry was decent. This was more relaxing than action packed. Makes me want to go scuba diving something everyone should do at least once in life.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 20, 2020 9:38 AM
Jun 2020
cool epsiode, seems they did adapted one of the events of the game and since its anime , their would be some modification, however idc as long as its priconne that i hold dear

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

82 by GooseHybrid »»
Aug 23, 10:22 AM

» This anime isn't funny

Keanan88 - Jun 11, 2020

35 by wildhood »»
May 24, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2020

132 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2020

179 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

106 by TanzimFarhad »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.