Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2020 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Minare and those tears. She should be responsible with her money.

Curious to see how much her career will develop in the radio industry. I love how this episode balances the amount of realism but also some amusing delusions going on from Minare's point of view.
Apr 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
I think this is probably the most slept on gem of the season. It’s rare to get adult casts with real adult problems. All the characters feel very real and I love Minare as a protag

“Keep things simple like soup” Damn friend zoned my dude savagely

Lmao imagine getting suplexed in your own house for being helpful

Pretending to be drunk to be able to speak your mind and not get judged, lol. Well played Minare. Looks like we got a good friendship blooming

Whew, that episode went by way too fast! Feels like a half length ep or something. Very fun as usual, can’t wait for next week. Also, need that ED on Apple Music ASAP
Apr 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
She is the self destructing type when she's drunk lol.
Apr 17, 2020 12:17 PM

Feb 2010
This is such a fantastic, entertaining show already, I'm super psyched for Minare's radio show.

It's seriously silly just how low the score for this one is at this point. Guess there's not enough mass appeal for one of the season's best, most unique series.
Apr 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
Please the ending was so wholesome ^^ Also I ship Minare and that black haired guy like crazy idek why
Apr 17, 2020 12:34 PM
Sep 2015
Mr. Mato is so DILF! I'm wondering if he has his own family yet, if not then he can start with me!
Apr 17, 2020 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man I love this so much. It's so fun and wholesome. F in the chat for the ex-coworker tho. Also I realized I really like Mizuho's VA when she's not trying to sound young and ditsy (i.e. Tohru from Fruits Basket).
Apr 17, 2020 1:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More time with Mizuho please !! She is really cute
Apr 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
This is why I was so interested in this show. A look into radio, and it's well supported by wonderful characters to bot. Minare episode by episode is so energetic is really great. She already reminds me of Eiripyo from Budoukan.
Apr 17, 2020 1:24 PM

Apr 2018
This anime is hilarious. Why the low score?
Apr 17, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Too bad that we didn't get a glimpse at Koda's quick simulation and poor Nakahara, he's barely good enough to serve as betabux.

Also quite the funny situation with Oki. Learning about her true nature as a drunk pretty much destroyed Koda's world even more.

Very entertaing episode again, hope this keeps going strong.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
The production is fantastic, really a shame that Blade didn't got an animation half as good as this one (I mean technically, the amount of frames and movement).
Did you noticed, the mounts?
I feel that the mouths are a detail that they're paying spacial attention. You can really see and feel the characters opening their mounts to speak in every scene. You can see how the characters are feeling and express themselves by their mouths.
I feel this attention even when their mouths are not visible.

In theory this anime should be as popular as Devilman Crybaby. It's a golden mine for discussion and memes, without resorting to appealing for extremes.
But maybe it's a bit too "literally me" for that? Too real?

Apr 17, 2020 1:55 PM

Mar 2008
DarkChaplain said:

It's seriously silly just how low the score for this one is at this point. Guess there's not enough mass appeal for one of the season's best, most unique series.
Mori-dono said:

Because people like myself who would give it a high score don't rush to rate what's watching.
Apr 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2018
PaninaManina said:
DarkChaplain said:

Mori-dono said:

Because people like myself who would give it a high score don't rush to rate what's watching.

Well to be honest I haven't scored this anime too.
Apr 17, 2020 2:06 PM
Jul 2019
Yes being a Radio DJ does depends on how much sponsor they can get through their ratings the higher the ratings the more sponger the DJ gets which also translates to higher pay.

Oh, we don't get to see those white panties.
Apr 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Jul 2017
I've been enjoying this a lot. It continues to be so wacky and weird, but the energy just gets to me without me feeling annoyed. I dig this.
Apr 17, 2020 2:59 PM

Mar 2019
So she finally accepted to work at the radio station, I wonder what her program will look like
Apr 17, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2019
This anime is a hidden gem that definitely deserves more attention.

I really love everything about the protagonist. She's bold, loud and straightforward. She's the complete opposite of me.

The ED is so good.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 17, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2008
I'm saying this a lot, but is worth repeating.
Today is so easy to have access to practically ALL anime, the same very day they premiere in their native country, BUT! We are in dire need of better subtitles, really. On Yesterday's forum and threads I pointed some phrases that could hurt the story, and I hope the say will not happen in a big enough degree to hurt the comedy in Wave.
But see this scene:

While they put translation notes in some places, in this one they didn't and most will not even see that there's a joke there.
Know how lesbian anime is called "yuri"? Yuri is how the flower "lily" is called in japanese, and thus lily is a synonym to lesbian romance.
Gay romance is "bara". Bara is rose in japanese, so... Minare added "roses" to Takarada's "dream space" to point that he meant a "gay space".

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Yes being a Radio DJ does depends on how much sponsor they can get through their ratings the higher the ratings the more sponger the DJ gets which also translates to higher pay.

Ooooh!
The blood in her hands, it's from Shinji's room.

Apr 17, 2020 4:38 PM

Nov 2011
That Matrix reference LOL okay then.

Nakahara not even getting friendzoned. Just straight up left in the dust lol.

Production of this anime is great! As @PaninaManina has already mentioned.

I did notice the extra steps they took to make the characters feel more real in this anime.

However I think the drop of blood in the sake in the beginning was just something comical and not actually Minare's blood.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
lol.. the gay vibe
Apr 17, 2020 4:51 PM

Mar 2008
SoraSenpai said:

However I think the drop of blood in the sake in the beginning was just something comical and not actually Minare's blood.

Yes, not Minare blood. She stained her hand in blood the last time she entered Shinji's room while drunk.
You'll see what's up with that mysterious blood in the 5th episode.
Apr 17, 2020 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
It's not exactly pleasing to see a gay man being portrayed as someone who goes around groping men and picking on women, especially because it's most certainly the only portrayal we will ever get here, but fortunately it wasn't anything bad enough to sour the whole thing. Poor Nakahara though. Happy with being treated as a convenient last resort. I know that Minare was drunk, but that wasn't cool. lol And I don't know about her neighbor. He has been helping her apparently, helping to take off her clothes while she is in a state in which she can't even remember about it afterwards because she has been giving him trouble. And there's that blood too. Anyways, he is "kind of" creepy. Oh, but now that she was fired she was more up than ever to working in the radio, though that timeslot is hardly desirable. Oh, and Mizuho was kind of funny and cute. It's kind of hard to notice with such a charismatic main character, but I feel like the rest of the cast is coming along nicely too. I wasn't expecting to see a Youkai Medal here either, that was gold. xD
Apr 17, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2008
Fayrin said:
And I don't know about her neighbor. He has been helping her apparently, helping to take off her clothes while she is in a state in which she can't even remember about it afterwards because she has been giving him trouble. And there's that blood too. Anyways, he is "kind of" creepy.

I don't think that Shinji "helps her take off her clothes", she does this herself. His bad luck was that this time she started undressing still inside his apartment making her feel threatened.
Apr 17, 2020 7:09 PM

Mar 2019
Every episode of this show is better than the last, you get so absorbed into it next thing you know the ED starts!
Apr 17, 2020 7:12 PM
Jul 2017
This anime is great so far and I’ll definitely be continuing on with this series. I just hope it doesn’t get post pines like the other shows of the season. I already lost Balance Unlimited and I do t want to let any other shows go too.
Apr 17, 2020 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
holy fuck she's also a ninja
Apr 17, 2020 8:28 PM
Apr 2014
Damn this show just gets better and better, yet at the same time it frustrates me.

I do like it is taking its time to establish everything but I also really want to go on to Minare doing her Radio show. Why? Because this is only supposed to be 12 episodes long. If this was 24 I would love the pacing so far. But right now I am just so excited to see her do the radio show that it gets a little frustrating.

But otherwise, except for my own excitement over that, this show is the AOTS for me. Adults with adult problems is so rare in Anime. Damn I love this show.

If only I didnt have to wait so long until next episode!
Apr 17, 2020 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
Wave continues to surprise me with its humour, I found myself chuckling quite a bit during this episode. I'm still enjoying how subtle the show is at inserting radio knowledge too. I'm also glad we are getting to see her career develop. We all know she gets a regular spot from the first ep so I hope they don't make the ending a full circle kind of thing and we see Minare develop as a character too. It did irk me how they practically ignored the ending of ep 2 except for the very first scene, seems very out of place.
Apr 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Minare is so hopeless when drunk and always goes to a different apartment and give a lot of trouble to Oki! hahaha!!!
looks like she's gonna start for real on the station since she's fired from the resto!
she also got a good friend Mizuho who is NBSB!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Jan 2016
I knew I wasn't seeing things when I saw the restaurant owner groping some dude's ass in the last scene of the OP when the first episode aired... turns out he's that type of gay. I like how they didn't think of him being gay as an insanely huge deal and just brushed off after a while, though I do think the owner shouldn't do that shit.

So we find out that she isn't as clean of a drunk as she thought she was. That was really funny, especially with how she dealt with the dude when she thought he was assaulting her. I liked how they put a Matrix reference with there. I also thought it was funny when they mentioned the Chuppa Chups (or whatever brand the lollipops are) and the Yokai medal and had the censor it so that they wouldn't get copyrighted lol

Anyway this is great so far, can't wait to see when she actually starts her own radio program.
Apr 17, 2020 11:14 PM

Jul 2014

I really like this. More for the mature audience.
Apr 17, 2020 11:22 PM

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:
I'm saying this a lot, but is worth repeating.
Today is so easy to have access to practically ALL anime, the same very day they premiere in their native country, BUT! We are in dire need of better subtitles, really. On Yesterday's forum and threads I pointed some phrases that could hurt the story, and I hope the say will not happen in a big enough degree to hurt the comedy in Wave.
But see this scene:

While they put translation notes in some places, in this one they didn't and most will not even see that there's a joke there.
Know how lesbian anime is called "yuri"? Yuri is how the flower "lily" is called in japanese, and thus lily is a synonym to lesbian romance.
Gay romance is "bara". Bara is rose in japanese, so... Minare added "roses" to Takarada's "dream space" to point that he meant a "gay space".

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Ooooh!
The blood in her hands, it's from Shinji's room.

Funimation is doing horrible job with typesetting and missing references though I won't blame them. Gintama got similar treatment from Crunchyroll. I will throw few references here which was posted on Reddit-

SynchronisityApr 17, 2020 11:27 PM
Apr 18, 2020 2:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Easily the best episode of the series so far!

I noticed the manager of the restaurant groping someone's butt from the Op so I'd a feeling but this was handled fabulously, I couldn't stop laughing. "Dream space of roses", lmao. Drunk Minare-san, seld-destructive type xD... Ignorance is bless, right?

Looks like we'll be seeing the official debut for Minare-san's radio show, that certainly is something to look forward to!

Minare-Nanba and Minare-Koumoto interactions are really fun to keep up with as well, looking forward to more of this!

@Synchronisity "17:15- "Thanks Jupiter" - Jupiter is an import food store in Sapporo", thanks for this in particular! I'd no clue what she referred to that honestly so it was kind of awkward there honestly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 18, 2020 5:18 AM

Jan 2017
No problem @_MushiRock11_. There are still a lot of stuff uncovered in episode 1 and 2.
SynchronisityApr 18, 2020 5:22 AM
Apr 18, 2020 5:20 AM

Mar 2008
BadChase said:
Damn this show just gets better and better, yet at the same time it frustrates me.

I do like it is taking its time to establish everything but I also really want to go on to Minare doing her Radio show. Why? Because this is only supposed to be 12 episodes long. If this was 24 I would love the pacing so far. But right now I am just so excited to see her do the radio show that it gets a little frustrating.

You need to adjust your expectations because this is NOT about Minare actually doing her radio show in the studio.
You'll see her doing this, but even when she is working for her show she does most of the work outside the studio.

Synchronisity said:

Funimation is doing horrible job with typesetting and missing references though I won't blame them. Gintama got similar treatment from Crunchyroll. I will throw few references here which was posted on Reddit-

Good to know that people are making lists with everything they can notice, but some of the items in this list.. I don't think everything there needs a note.
The "Thanks Jupiter", why was "Jupiter added? Doesn't she says "arigatai"? Where's "jupiter"?

In my ideal world all episodes of everything would come with a better subtitle and a secondary subtitle with the notes.
Apr 18, 2020 5:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Synchronisity said:
No problem @_MushiRock11_. There are still a lot of stuff uncovered in episode 1 and 2.

Well, I'll search for some right away then.

Apr 18, 2020 5:24 AM

Jan 2017
PaninaManina said:
BadChase said:

You need to adjust your expectations because this is NOT about Minare actually doing her radio show in the studio.
You'll see her doing this, but even when she is working for her show she does most of the work outside the studio.

Synchronisity said:

Good to know that people are making lists with everything they can notice, but some of the items in this list.. I don't think everything there needs a note.
The "Thanks Jupiter", why was "Jupiter added? Doesn't she says "arigatai"? Where's "jupiter"?

In my ideal world all episodes of everything would come with a better subtitle and a secondary subtitle with the notes.

No idea why they did it. Just Funimation being Funimation I guess.
Apr 18, 2020 5:26 AM

Jan 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Synchronisity said:

Well, I'll search for some right away then.

Kodansha has discounted first volumes of every single title of theirs. You can buy vol. 1 at bookwalker for $1.06. Happy hunting. Someone is already covering extra infos on Reddit threads so you can always ask them for help.
Apr 18, 2020 5:33 AM
Apr 2014
PaninaManina said:
BadChase said:

Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately I have already bit the bullet and read the manga today.
I do have to say that after that I do have to hold back my expectations, and I am unsure of it being AOTS now. Still seems to be a great show though.
Apr 18, 2020 5:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Synchronisity said:
Kodansha has discounted first volumes of every single title of theirs. You can buy vol. 1 at bookwalker for $1.06. Happy hunting. Someone is already covering extra infos on Reddit threads so you can always ask them for help.

Ah cool, thanks! I'll see what I can do.

Apr 18, 2020 5:41 AM

Mar 2008
Oh, forgot about this one.

Minare is calling him "nude/naked", "zenra" right? This joke is "typical her" because she calls him "zenra", the same wound, but with different kanji, and because only her can see the change she is making inside her head the joke makes sense only to her.

In the official translation (that looks very good) she changes from "nude" to "stark", from "stark naked".
Apr 18, 2020 5:49 AM

May 2015
I love this more and more after every episode. It is a mistery to me how can the score of this be below seven after three episodes. It is so rare to have a decent show that is targeting adult audiance.

BTW the guy was chanting the Heart sutra at the begining of the episode.
IshitatesoApr 18, 2020 7:04 AM
Apr 18, 2020 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
They drink as much as in Grand Blue anime. Love it
Apr 18, 2020 6:17 AM

Jun 2013
It was an okay episode, I enjoyed the first half more. I was wondering about that blood inside a glass or water or alcohol in her neighbor's room?
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 8:58 AM
Apr 2018
The low score makes me mad ngl.
Apr 18, 2020 11:12 AM

Feb 2017
The anime just gets better. So much positive energy and charm.
Apr 18, 2020 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
This is starting to get really good!
Apr 18, 2020 11:53 AM

Sep 2018
An episode so light that time has literally flown away without my noticing it, enraptured by the misadventures of the protagonist and her raving speeches, there are many examples during the narration, it is useless to mention one in particular; even if at first that "assonance" with wine was somewhat strange and funny, I don't know why. Although the narrative is not as heavy as atmospheres, it remains fundamentally serious if we refer to the story: the protagonist is eventually fired and the speeches are not free from trivial matters, but the situation is managed so well by the protagonist that the most immediate reaction is to smile and be carefree. I look forward to the next episode.
Apr 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
Minare is totally bonkers but I think that helps add to her charm. Excellent show and story so far.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.