Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Minare has such a passionate personality when she's into her work, especially this episode. I love the surrealism of the dialogues with the complex scenes.

Mizuho is also quite outspoken this episode and I find her character rather appealing that way.
Jun 12, 2020 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, Minare in charge of the next broadcast, that will be something ballistic. Also next week last episode.
Jun 12, 2020 12:05 PM

Feb 2019
Man, Minare’s voice acting skills during that skit were top notch, she’s a natural. She brought all of her real emotions out for that act. Her actual seiyuu also does a great job of getting into character and bringing her to life.

Next week promises to offer a conveying of feelings as well as Minare leading the broadcast. Nakahara finally leaving the friend zone? Can’t wait to see

Hard to believe we’re down to the final episode, time flies. I’ve enjoyed every single moment of this show and am gonna miss it. Definitely one of the sleeper hits of the season.
Jun 12, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2017
Can't wait to see Minare's first broadcast she in charge of. Sad it has to end next week but I am sure Minare won't disappoint.
Jun 12, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2018
Minare being in charge of the broadcast next week is going to be something I don't want to miss. The way she says things are perfect and she has improved a lot with her voice since the beginning. The voice actor for her is also doing a great job portraying Minare which makes this anime more enjoyable.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 12, 2020 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
The visuals in today's episode holy shit. A lot to take in.

Honestly cannot wait to see what kind of story/broadcast she comes up with. As for sure it's going to be entertaining.
Jun 12, 2020 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah Minare was great, but what stole the episode were the guys in the backround xD And that eyeball falling out of the socket, more gore than in some wannabe dark edgefests.

And dang, so close to a kiss...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2020 3:10 PM
Jul 2013
Mitsuho talking about her dream was sheer pleasure.
Minare her own back there pretty well.
Looks like her show is going down "I'll broadcast the thing you didn't have the courage to say" road.
Jun 12, 2020 4:37 PM

Jul 2016
I thought it was slow at first, but the pacing of this anime is incredible.
Jun 12, 2020 4:50 PM
Mar 2015
reincarnate them to Sweden was lol Her fantasies about the knife and the roommate were very funny
Jun 12, 2020 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
I can't believe there's only 1 episode left damn.
Anyway the scene with Minare using her hair to test the knife was comedy gold.
Jun 12, 2020 5:58 PM

Aug 2018
yo wtf was that flashback Minare's dad had while listening to the radio? minute ~10:23
Jun 12, 2020 6:38 PM

Mar 2019
That episode was super good and its sad that its all over next week. One thing that I do want though is...

... a gif of Mizuho leaning in towards Minare for the almost kiss though :)
Jun 12, 2020 6:47 PM

Sep 2017
Interesting flashback scene with the car crash. Any the radio program was great. Minare really got a lot off her chest. Looking forward to the final episode.
Jun 12, 2020 9:05 PM

Apr 2014
"If Joker's content gets used next time, they'll show up in our studio! Let's hope they're a high-school girl!"

Eww what the fuck. How is that OK? "haha lets creep on children".
Jun 12, 2020 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
well that weird broadcast was over. Finally our boi is able to shine lel
Jun 12, 2020 11:03 PM
Apr 2020
I want to convey my feelings for you. LAST EPISODE NEXT WEEK!!!
Jun 12, 2020 11:29 PM

Feb 2019
I started cracking up when Mitsuo was also going to be reincarnated in Sweden, and Minare too lol

And that UNESCO reference was so out of place that it became real hilarious too!

One of the best episodes of the series imo. Really liked it this time around. Liked that dialogue between the radio crew after the broadcast, especially Kureko's shooting down of Minare's positive delusions.

While she was jabbering away at the curry restaurant, I just kept thinking how great Minare's seiyuu is at voicing Minare! Such skill.

Mizuho best girl. Definitely. I say again, Mizuho best girl.

Sad that it's ending next week.
Jun 12, 2020 11:51 PM

Oct 2017
FINAL EPISODE NEXT WEEK!

let me repeat:
NEXT WEEK IT'S ENDING!

if anyone didn't get it:
ONE EPISODE LEFT!
Jun 12, 2020 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
I can't be only person shipping Minare and Mizuho together, right? I love how Minare is lowkey/highkey attracted to her. She's joked about kissing and making love to Mizuho many times now and I can't help but think she is attracted to her in some way although she would most likely end up with the curry shop guy who likes her and her neighbor who she terrorized with rotten goat meat.

Just one more episode! This NEEDS a second season!
臭い-
Jun 13, 2020 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
The plot to bury ex-boyfriend Mitsuo conrtinues...with those make-up sound effects (that are doing the job better). I thought I was having chills last episode, but this episode really one-ups the ante.

Shikkakku said:
And that UNESCO reference was so out of place that it became real hilarious too!
EHHH WADDD???? "Was the UNESCO passage necessary?" NOPE IT'S NOT, but it's funny! Plus the 4chan reference...whew!

For graphic purposes of replicating even a single radio program like this, it's a clear win in my book. Still can't get over Director Mato with his left eye danging like a zombie. And getting reincarnated in Sweden? HEH HAHA xD For Minare...Truck-kun comes to claim her life, and the vehement denial, which puts a good end onto the script.

But more than writing scripts, it's testing the radio personalities with the writers' limits that fills in the gaps with precision (that makes for good listenership). Minare doesn't have THAT experience, but it worked well on her behalf as a strength.

Asking colleagues Nakahara and Makie though, at least Minare's got some ideas to work with.

Best girl Mizuho still thinks about Kureno of course, without a single doubt, following his footsteps.

Another exciting and exhilrating episode in the books. Final episode...sad to see this go!
Jun 13, 2020 3:01 AM

Jul 2016
Oh now you're worried about getting sued? Really, Minare, really? Bit late ya dipshit.

In all seriousness though, I'm not actually sure what's gonna go down next week. It doesn't feel like there's enough time to satisfyingly wrap up everything I want to be wrapped up, so I'm wondering what's gonna get touched on and what's gonna get left behind. Currently, this is teetering around a 6 or a 7 out of 10 for me, and the ending is gonna decide where it falls but I feel like, no matter what they do, it's gonna feel... incomplete.

Anyway, I'm honestly struggling to think of something to say about the episode itself. The reincarnation monster was almost definitely Eva-inspired, I liked the noise that Nakahara made when Minare told him he wouldn't be entertaining, like his soul exiting an empty husk... Yeah, that's about it.
ChilliePeppersJun 13, 2020 3:04 AM
Jun 13, 2020 3:27 AM

Oct 2017
Looking forward to Minare's first broadcast with her own idea.
Jun 13, 2020 9:10 AM

Feb 2008
The radio show was actually really entertaining. It was fun to listen to and watch. Deliciously obscure.

The episode was not without suspense. It turns out that Mizuho has a unique way to relieve stress. Also, this scene made my heart rate spike...

Alas, only one episode remains.
Jun 13, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
I love Nanba and Tachibana facial expressions. Nanba has a kawaii talk but a somewhat serious and ironic face. Tachibana looks like a kind zombie.
Jun 13, 2020 8:00 PM

Aug 2017
I love how they were able to potray the old school of radio drama! Totally love it! From the sound effects, to the props and the VA are topnotch! MINARE IS ON FIRE!

Jun 14, 2020 2:56 AM

Dec 2018
What do you mean last episode?

They've got to announce a second season now right? Right?!

I mean, she's finally getting into the job!
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Jun 14, 2020 3:09 AM

Sep 2016
Minare's pseudo-yuri antics towards Mizuho are hilarious. I mean, how could you blame her? Mizuho's cinnamon roll coefficient is off the charts.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jun 14, 2020 9:40 AM

May 2018
Even thought this was a comedy radio drama act, everything was just all over the place, jaz too boring.
Jun 14, 2020 11:49 AM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
_Dusty_ said:

In all seriousness though, I'm not actually sure what's gonna go down next week. It doesn't feel like there's enough time to satisfyingly wrap up everything I want to be wrapped up, so I'm wondering what's gonna get touched on and what's gonna get left behind. Currently, this is teetering around a 6 or a 7 out of 10 for me, and the ending is gonna decide where it falls but I feel like, no matter what they do, it's gonna feel... incomplete.
Totally agree with you on this one, I don't know how they're gonna pull it off. Even if they do a pretty good job of wrapping things up, it would feel really rushed. I don't think there's gonna be a longer than usual episode either.

As for a second season, if I'm correct, 3 out of 6 volumes have been adapted for the anime, it all comes down to how successful this was and how much they're willing to spend

Had been a wonderful journey so far but don't know how well this actually is gonna be, all comes down to the last episode.
Jun 14, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
So it was Kureko the one who wrote the script and not Matou-san, uh? Thought he already left the radio...

Anyways, Minare being on charge of the next broadcast should be quite interesting. Looking forward to the final episode!

And also damn, that not-kiss scene... such a tease. Minare was almost 100% down for it to happen.
Jun 14, 2020 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
The radio drama as a whole was cool. Minare really has what it takes to improvise. She even ended up saying pretty much the same thing that Sissel did before the accident. She probably died in that accident, but she mentioned that her throat was damaged so it might be safe to at least assume that she 'died' in a way and is no longer able to work in the radio even if she is alive. And I think that Kureko wrote Mitsuo as an interesting character. There really are people out there like that, who can't feel sorry for doing something that hurt someone else because they don't think they did anything bad. But the real one was listening so maybe he will grow as a person or something. And I like how Minare was feeling the "love" of her co-workers, but Kureko was like "it's just work." xD And the fact that he will soon be gone is really affecting Mizuho too. And there's Nakahara who still hasn't given up on Minare. Poor guy, but the "she put me through unnecessary hurt" moment was funny. lol And he is luckier than most since Makie seems to really like him. And it also seems that the last episode of the season will be all about feelings. Let's see if it's going to be wild, heartfelt, weird or just a combination of them all.
Jun 15, 2020 11:43 AM
Nov 2018
Man minare is so much fun to listen to. I am going to miss this show once it ends.
Jun 15, 2020 1:25 PM

Nov 2018
Hard to believe that the show's almost over. It's the second anime that I've ever watched when airing, and it's so satisfying to watch it as episodes release :)

I'm on my toes for episode 12. I'll miss this one alot.

Jun 16, 2020 12:05 PM

Dec 2016
well, let's just say this episode really made me notice the name of the ED

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jun 24, 2020 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
This is really the unnoticed underrated gem!
5/5.

Jul 4, 2020 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Bibimbapski said:
I can't be only person shipping Minare and Mizuho together, right? I love how Minare is lowkey/highkey attracted to her. She's joked about kissing and making love to Mizuho many times now and I can't help but think she is attracted to her in some way although she would most likely end up with the curry shop guy who likes her and her neighbor who she terrorized with rotten goat meat.

Just one more episode! This NEEDS a second season!

No, you are not alone. And no, gay bravado, especially among women, still does not speak about any of your attractiveness. There is nothing wrong with ship them, but it surprises me how naive people are in sincere faith in this ship.
Aug 7, 2020 11:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am smirked again with the improvisation that Minare had there. Its so smooth and really interesting to be listened. Some flashback appeared. Like that comedian that Mato-san mentioned, she died, but in Minare's father flashback? Why?

Also, Makie had a better relieved on herself knowing all of her love rival truth. Its like, okay, finally, you had a nice conclusion over that drunken woman! But, its not enough. The last one would captured every frame that lost on several scenes. And, yeah, they wrapped it up in the upcoming programme of show Minare's had, soon. Lets see the finale!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
Nice different perspective on selfcentered Mitsuo and also pretty roundabout way of Minare venting on herself with the heavy feelings she carries, good job writing the script mr. Kureko.

Would normally expect censorship at the Mato's eyeball scene since it's pretty graphic.

Sep 1, 2021 6:40 AM

Dec 2020
im really starting to like the whole radio team but GAH cant believe writer guy is about to quit. this is so sad, awful. idc if they do it in a cheesy cliche way i just hope he gets back 😭
Jan 22, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2017
Cute coming from her portraying the guy as the self-centred one when she reeks of it. Also, all of the quotes that they made him say literally are just a projection of what she never does herself lmao. "Treat others how you do yourself", etc. As if.
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Nov 2022
That ad-lib of Minare is such brilliant , she was such a great radio host . every co-workmates are touched and amazed to it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

48 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.