Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2019: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 2020 5:28 AM

Sep 2014
to all the Elves, amazing job!! Thanks for all your work..I appreciate you!.. It was my first year parcipating and I found it an enjoyable event and had a great time ...
of course, I will definitely join again next year :)

@Tibler Thank you for your anime recommendations! and thank you for working hard to find them, you knew my taste ^^ .. they're great ..I really loved them and have enjoyed a lot.. good job!

So thank you again and happy new year!
Jan 5, 2020 6:15 AM

Aug 2016
Thanks for the Elves for their hard work! :)
Jan 5, 2020 6:18 AM

Jun 2009
thanks a lot to the elves and everyone that work hard to make this happen ~

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Jan 5, 2020 6:26 AM

Apr 2019
Nik03178 said:
This was my first time participating in a MAL event and I sure had a great time. Thanks to all the elves who made this event possible. Thank you very much @Seshi_ for taking out your time and giving me a recommendation. I have started off and definitely enjoying my rec so far.

I'm glad you enjoyed the event. Hope to see you again next year!

ISOQuorra said:
All y'all elves are the real MVPs. I think I would like to offer my help for next year. Hopefully I can make a dent in the workload and help gifts go out sooner.

Thats great news! You can keep an eye out after November! I'm sure everyone would be delighted to have you on the team =]
Seshi_Jan 5, 2020 6:33 AM
Jan 5, 2020 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
It's a pity that I forgot to add the manga that @FireFlier recommended to me before Secret Santa... It was the only manga they gave me so in the end I didn't discover anything new. But I enjoy it, so the gift would be cool if I hadn't read it yet.

As for @DreamAnimeCatch 's recs, I've watched 1 episode of 3 of their 5 recs and, well... I think I get from where most of them came but it happened to be from animes I've watched years ago... My tastes have changed since then so they don't fit that much for me now. However, none of them are bad (Karneval, Makai Ouji and Dakaretai Otoko) so I will pick one for now and try to watch the rest of it. Eventually I'll see the rest of the other 2. I thank you a lot for giving me animes with shounen-ai bits, though! I've been wanting to watch them for a long time now but I never seemed to find a lot of them. As for the other 2, I knew them already and I'm not a fan of them, but thanks for your consideration!
SchenfelJan 5, 2020 8:56 AM
Jan 5, 2020 7:05 AM

Mar 2018
shuu-tsukiyama said:
@KingLeonard23
tbh I was already planning to watch haruhi suzumiya, but I forgot to put it in my ptw list. srry.
but, because of your rec I actually checked it out instead of leaving it for a very long time in my ptw list, and I'm absolutely loving it. I didn't expect it to have such a sci-fi twist. love it, thnx!

@Afloo
I really liked the recs you gave me. they were great.
as for mizore-chan, I'm not a HUGE fan of moe slice-of-life without romance, but I'm still going to continue reading it cuz it's pretty interesting. act-age was pretty fucking great, idk why you to read 25 chapters, cuz I already thought it was interesting after the first few. and last but not least, I absolutely LOVED omoide emanon. it was very interesting and I really liked it. it's a shame that there aren't a lot of chapters tho. but I think that if there were, it maybe wouldn't be as good.
thnx for the recs!

mod edit: merged double post.
At first I was confused by your post because Act-Age was also the manga recommendation that I gave to someone else lol. But I'm glad that you're liking Haruhi since I was kinda insecure about recommending it cuz it's very dividing, a lot of ppl love it but I've also seen a considerable amount of ppl that hate it. I'll just let u know that the second season it's kinda of tedious because of the infamous endless eight arc (Part of the reason ppl hate it), but after the second season there's the movie which is amazing and it's the best part of Haruhi. I'm also glad that you're liking Act-Age. I've only read the first major arc but it's great.
Jan 5, 2020 7:28 AM
May 2018
yNicko said:
Thanks everyone for making this such an amazing event!

When i signed up for this i honestly had no idea what to expect, but i'm so glad i did! Also, @Reynordg thank you so much for your recommendation! i've been watching it on my spare time and i absolutely love how wholesome it is :3

Looking forward to the 2020 edition!

You're welcome! I'm glad you're liking it :D
Jan 5, 2020 7:30 AM
Nov 2016
Ashlyn_Desu said:
Thank you to all the elves who helped out this year! <3

And thank you so much @Herbort11 for the anime recommendation! It was definitely different from most of what I've seen, I was very confused at first but I got more into it later on and I am really enjoying it (the penguins are so cute!)

So thank you and happy new year!

I'm glad you're enjoying my recommendation! I knew it is something different from other shows in your list, but since you asked for that in your post and considering other stuff you like, I thought it would be a good choice for you. ^^
Jan 5, 2020 7:39 AM
Sep 2018
A great Thanks to the Elf-chama team. This was the first event I singed up for, and it went on pretty well. The whole event was neatly organised and I never actually expected a reply. I know a lot of hard work goes into this and even though the gift came a day or two late, it was fine. I appreciate how you checked every reply and then sent it back so as to add a few more points to the details/description.
Good job, whole team :)
Jan 5, 2020 7:47 AM

May 2015
Huge thanks for all the Elves that helped with the event this year, really enjoyed participating in it <3
Jan 5, 2020 8:25 AM

Nov 2016
shuu-tsukiyama said:
@KingLeonard23
tbh I was already planning to watch haruhi suzumiya, but I forgot to put it in my ptw list. srry.
but, because of your rec I actually checked it out instead of leaving it for a very long time in my ptw list, and I'm absolutely loving it. I didn't expect it to have such a sci-fi twist. love it, thnx!

@Afloo
as for mizore-chan, I'm not a HUGE fan of moe slice-of-life without romance, but I'm still going to continue reading it cuz it's pretty interesting. act-age was pretty fucking great, idk why you to read 25 chapters, cuz I already thought it was interesting after the first few. and last but not least, I absolutely LOVED omoide emanon. it was very interesting and I really liked it. it's a shame that there aren't a lot of chapters tho. but I think that if there were, it maybe wouldn't be as good.
thnx for the recs!

There is a Secuel to "Omoide Emanon" Named "Sasurai Emanon" and that is an actual series instead of a Oneshot. I think that could give you the fix you want. I just recommended the One Shot to get you started.

I recommended to read the first 25 or so chapters of "Act Age" because that is where the first arc ends. I have heard some people saying it was decent until the climax of Arc one Where it becoems fantastic. That is what I always do Just in case.

Really glad you are liking it m8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Sep 2007
Thank you so much for letting me participate!! It was my first time so I was kinda afraid I might do something terribly wrong. Thankfully, the elves all worked diligently in order for everyone to get interesting recommendations!! Again, thank you all so much, esp. elf-tama!

As for the recommendation I got from @dugiduy I don't think I had it in my PTW but it was definitely a "ahh... yes, I completely forgot that existed" moment. Since it's a decade old anime, I definitely heard about it back when it aired but it kinda slipped under my radar, probably because I was too young to watch and understand it. And I'm not exactly easy to please so it was great to remember that. It was right up my alley, thank you!! I still haven't gotten past the first few episodes (because, with the busy season, I was half-asleep whenever I tried to watch it and, because it's a bit dense, at some point I realized I wasn't really paying attention to important subtleties and it bothered me ; ; ; ) but I am definitely going to watch it later or well if I give up not feeling tired I might watch it anyway later this week lol. Thanks a lot!!

I'm really happy and hope to participate again this year!! :)
Jan 5, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2018
@_Ayase Thanks for the gift!!!
I really liked it ^^

Also thanks to all elfes and everyone for the hard work!
Jan 5, 2020 10:18 AM

Sep 2019
Afloo said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:
@KingLeonard23

@Afloo
thnx for the recs!

There is a Secuel to "Omoide Emanon" Named "Sasurai Emanon" and that is an actual series instead of a Oneshot. I think that could give you the fix you want. I just recommended the One Shot to get you started.

I recommended to read the first 25 or so chapters of "Act Age" because that is where the first arc ends. I have heard some people saying it was decent until the climax of Arc one Where it becoems fantastic. That is what I always do Just in case.

I have a little question: mal syas there's a manga inbetween omoide emanon and sasurai emanon called sasurai emanon episode 1. is it important that I read that first?
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Jan 5, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2014
soukoku___ said:
A great Thanks to the Elf-chama team. This was the first event I singed up for, and it went on pretty well. The whole event was neatly organised and I never actually expected a reply. I know a lot of hard work goes into this and even though the gift came a day or two late, it was fine. I appreciate how you checked every reply and then sent it back so as to add a few more points to the details/description.
Good job, whole team :)

Thank you very much for your warm words! All the elf teams did their absolute best from matching to quality check (to backups) in order to make this event as nice as possible, so it's always heartwarming to receive some words of appreciation! Hope to see you on board sleigh for Secret Santa 2020 too!

No tanuki was harmed in the process! ..probably
A big thank you to Conde_Mohr, your trolls are the best ❤

Jan 5, 2020 11:30 AM
Jan 2019
A huge ARIGATOU to the Elf-Pyons !

@Conde_Mohr
@lHououinKyouma
@Seshi_
@TlkanAbuto
@ImperfectBlue

'Twas my first Secret Santa participation, and was a lotta fun. I saw you added an Elf-note to the gift I received, to improve it, and took the trouble to go through my list and tell me why I would like a certain rec. Must've been a lotta trouble going through hundreds of such cases. Really, HATS OFF to you guys.

Same goes for the other Elf teams as well. THANKS A LOT MINNA-SAN
Jan 5, 2020 11:36 AM

Apr 2017
First I would like to thank everyone who worked hard on this event. It was great and I hope to be able to join it next year too~!

Well then. Now the main part.
@tretij
I would like to thank you for recommending me Erased. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm at ep 5 and I love it. I knew about this one for a long time but for some reason, I didn't want to watch it, as I thought I will really dislike it. Dunno why I was thinking it's a romance story, though it's not.
As I said, I'm 5 ep in and I love it. It's amazing and I'm happy that thanks to you I could watch it. Thank you!

Also, I wanted to thank @Gwynne
I'm really happy you liked my recommendations as I was really scared you might not like even one of them. Thankful I was wrong and you will never guess how happy it made me to read that you like them. Thank you too.
Jan 5, 2020 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
shuu-tsukiyama said:
Afloo said:

I have a little question: mal syas there's a manga inbetween omoide emanon and sasurai emanon called sasurai emanon episode 1. is it important that I read that first?
I think it is better if you do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2020 1:55 PM
Aug 2016
Thanks for the event and for your hard work elves!
Thank you @King_Korubi for the recs, i know it was not easy to choose an anime with my enormous plan to watch list lol, you did a great job and i'm really excited to start Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan.

I will let you know what i'm thinking of Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan when is done :)
Jan 5, 2020 2:09 PM

May 2013
Thank you for the hard work elves/mods! I'm looking forward to next year~

I love my gift uwu

Jan 5, 2020 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks to all the elfs for all the hard work!

@Kyoukoradio

@Swiggy
Jan 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Sep 2019
Afloo said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:
I think it is better if you do.
thnx for the advice
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Jan 5, 2020 3:43 PM
Dec 2018
Thanks @natsuaki for the recommendation. I'm already halfway through Run With The Wind and it's pretty good so far. I'll definitely try to explore this genre more in the future
Jan 5, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
thank you to all the elves for your hard work!

and @Nate thank you so much for the profile picture and the little bonus, I love it!! ♡
Jan 5, 2020 4:49 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
OffColfax said:
I will also chime in with special thanks for my elf note from @Conde_Mohr. They turned what would have been a poor gift into something memorable, and did so on top of running their whole team at that. I'll be making your gift into my 1500 Complete milestone, which is definitely a place of high honor in my mind.

Thanks for your message! I'm happy that you liked my recommendation. Reading the message again, it may not have been my most inspired one, but Princess Tutu is certainly an anime worth watching and easy to overlook if you're not looking for it. But hey, people with Aria on their favourites know what's good so what can I say? :P

Jan 5, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks to all the elves and everyone who put all that work into this event! This was my first time doing the image event since you guys started doing this... 7 years ago? (man, that's been a while) and first time back in a couple years in general, and it was a lot of fun~

I've thanked my Santa on their profile (but if you're reading this, real big thanks for both your gifts!), but thanks so much for such a nice bonus present on top of the ones I got, Nate (not gonna @ you in case you'd rather I didn't). It's lovely, and I'll definitely be sure to use it too!
Jan 5, 2020 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Thanks especially to Elf-tan for your efforts on the manga exchange and to @Redth_SA for the wonderful recommendation! I know that I made a difficult request, but I really appreciate the effort you put into finding something that fit my specifications. The manga you picked was so cute and sweet; I'm so happy with your selection! Thank you again!
Jan 5, 2020 6:33 PM

Aug 2017
Huge thanks to all the elves and to all the other participants.
This is my third year participating in this event and I haven't been disappointed yet.
Thanks to @Stardew for the recommendation. I've been meaning to watch this show and I'm really enjoying it so far.
If I had a nickel for every anime that began airing on October 9th 2022 that started with a B and ended in "ock", I would have two nickels.
That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.

Jan 5, 2020 6:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yonae said:
Thanks to all the elfs for all the hard work!

@Kyoukoradio

@Swiggy
Oh my gosh I'm really glad you've even considered watching them and am super happy that you like Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai enough! ;A;; So many of the characters are SO FUN!
I hope you like Joshikousei as well!!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 6, 2020 12:35 AM
Jul 2016
Thanks to @DeadlyRaven captain for leading the Elf-hime squad and also @OneNaughtyBaby for the recommendations :P
Jan 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Aug 2018
Thank you, Elf-Hime team, I appreciated your Secret Santa pick.. ;p Event overall was nice, learned a pair of things for myself as well, how I'll pick anime in future.. ;p
Jan 6, 2020 3:47 AM
Mar 2019
Thanks to Universalmom for the recommendation. I've heard of Psycho-Pass and you made it sound really cool.
Jan 6, 2020 5:54 AM

Jun 2010
You're very welcome! <3 @Haruchan- @hamaon
Glad you liked your gifts!
Jan 6, 2020 6:36 AM

Dec 2014
First, thanks, Elf-tan team! The event was amazing and all thanks to the hard work of you guys.

And thank you @_V-A-M_ for the recommendations. They're very diverse and I intend to read all (or almost, I don't have good impressions of Cheese in the trap because of TV drama).

I started with Apocalypse on Toride, the characters look interesting and the art is very nice, I like this style.

I laughed when I saw Kamisama no Iutoori in your suggestions. I saw the movie and for sure I will read.

My Deepest Secret seems pretty interesting, and I was very happy to have a Nakamura Yoshiki manga in the suggestions.

And don't feel bad about Tower of God's recommendation, the art is beautiful and looks like my kind of manga (even though it already has 400+ chapters).

And I remember Killing Stalking because of the controversies and why not give it a try?

Thank you once again, I loved your present.
Jan 6, 2020 7:03 AM
Jan 2018
I'm sooo glad you liked it. I'm not really used to recommending things to people, so I kinda went over the top and ended up writing too much (T . T). It was a very fun process tho, so I guess I can also say thank you for appreciating my gift (? n.n

I hope you like those mangas/webtoons/manhwas as much as I do! :3
Jan 6, 2020 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
Thank you very much to @natsuaki for writing a recommendation for me :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2020 11:39 AM
Jul 2019
@Missaliensan I don’t know if this was a mistake, but I never received my gift from you. If you could resend it to me that would be awesome! Thanks!
Jan 6, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2016
Basic_otaku said:
@Missaliensan I don’t know if this was a mistake, but I never received my gift from you. If you could resend it to me that would be awesome! Thanks!

Really?That´s weird but the anime i recommended to you was hourou musuko.
Jan 6, 2020 11:49 AM
Jul 2019
Missaliensan said:
Basic_otaku said:

Really?That´s weird but the anime i recommended to you was hourou musuko.

Okay, thank you so much!! I appreciate it! :)
Jan 6, 2020 11:50 AM

Dec 2017
Thank you @Weezneez for recommending me so much good anime :D I really look forward to watching them when I get the time. I never expected to have such a detailed gift ! I appreciate your taking the time to find good animes for me to watch and thank you also to the elves for making all of this possible !

『 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮, 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 』
Jan 6, 2020 12:02 PM
Oct 2017
Thanks to all the elves who made this event so enjoyable ! It was my first time participating, and I really appreciated it !

To @AsukaLangley : I’m only at the beginning of NGE, but I have to thank you for recommending me something that had an element I don’t really like usually, it was a nice dare from you, and I don’t think I would have watched it before few years without your rec ! I will probably watch Shoujo Kakumei Utena as a future milestone though, since it seems to be something I will love a lot ahah !

To @glowstonetrees : I’m only halfway through it, but I love Last Game so far ! Like you said in your recommendation, I mostly have shonen in my manga list, but I’m never against a good shojo, and this one definitely hit the spot ! The fact that the characters are older than the ones we usually see in shojo focusing on romance made me like it even more, and even though the plot is really classical at the start, I have to say that the characters are making it quite special (My fav so far is Souma, he is making me laugh a lot). For the two other recs, one of my friend has got Akame’ so I will borrow it after finishing Last Game, and I will probably read Hana to Akuma after finishing some of the things I’m currently reading, it looks adorable !

Again, thanks to everyone who made this event possible !
Jan 6, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2016
Excellent event, guys! It was super fun and well organised, so a big thanks to all the elves and everyone involved.

Thank you @ggragoose for the gift! I'm currently watching Oregairu and am pleasantly surprised so far - I'm loving it! Thank you so much for the recommendation, and I'm definitely excited to get to watching everything else.

Thank you @Rakshasa99! I'm making my way through all your recommendations in order, and having a great time - the ones I've read so far have been fantastic, enjoyable reads, so thank you so much! I'm super excited to continue on with the rest :)

forum set by k3ti
Jan 6, 2020 12:50 PM

Apr 2019
Ahh the secret santa this year has been so fun ! This year was my first time joining, I had a great time both choosing gifts as well as receiving. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the wonderful elves who made it all possible, you guys are gems and you've put so much work into this, thank you for making this event so fun!

@SmokedSloth Hey there!!! Thank you so much for all the recommendations you gave me, I actually remember watching some spice and wolf ages ago when I was 12 or something and never finishing it, so I can't wait to get back into it again from your recommendation. I'm so excited to start relife as well, i've heard of it before but hadn't really known what it was about, and it sounds right up my alley. And one outs was something i'd never heard of before i'm really excited to watch that too !!! It sounds so good, I can't thank you enough for the great recommendations :') I hope you got some cool ones too!

Happy New year to you, as well as the elves + everyone here, and a late merry christmas :) !
Jan 6, 2020 1:00 PM

Apr 2019
TokyoFell said:
Thank you @Weezneez for recommending me so much good anime :D I really look forward to watching them when I get the time. I never expected to have such a detailed gift ! I appreciate your taking the time to find good animes for me to watch and thank you also to the elves for making all of this possible !

Ahhh you're more than welcome !!! I really hope you enjoy my recommendations whenever you find the time to watch them, i think our tastes are really similar so I had a lot of fun choosing stuff for you ! Happy new year ^_^ <3
Jan 6, 2020 7:44 PM

Jun 2016
6HosT said:
Hei,

ANd my appreciation to @SmaugBaggins for amazing gift! Already watched few episodes of Working!! and already like the Takanashi, interesting,what will be bring down later on.. ^_^ We will see!

Have a amazing year all!

Glad you enjoyed it. I had a little trouble making a reccomendation initially but glad I found something you would enjoy!
Jan 7, 2020 6:05 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
FIrst of all, thanks a lot for this great event! To all the Santas who took their time to find a perfect gift for their recipients and to all the elves who have worked so hard during the holiday season. Being an elf for the first time was a great experience, so thanks for having me this year!

And, of course, thanks to my own Santas for their precious gifts as well! <3 I still have some manga to read and an anime to watch, but I'm sure I'll like them a lot!

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 7, 2020 10:30 AM
Sep 2014
First of all, I’d like to thank all the elves for making this amazing event happen. And a special thank you to @Elf-hime for connecting me with other users. It was an awesome experience <3

@TheMidnightWolf, I’d like to thank you for giving me this amazing recommendation. I’m familiar with most of the anime titles but princess tutu caught my attention first and I started watching it, it sure gave me Cardcaptor Sakura vibes which is one of my favorite anime. Thank you so much for taking the time and making this amazing recommendation <3
Jan 7, 2020 10:36 AM

Jan 2017
First, I want to thank all elfs for this event and I hope I can participate again next time. It was an enjoyable event.

Then, I want to thank @ToastFish for his recommendation of animes. I have actually watched the first four episode of " Steins;Gate", which I can say that I am already invested in the show. The plot is a little bit slow, but I heard it is essential for it to be like this to explaiin the world for later. The characters are all likeable and funny. Thank you for recommending me Steins;Gate and I will also check the other shows when I have more time after exams.

Also, I want to thank @Seshi_ for also recommending me the manga "Claymore". I want to read more manga this year so I am glad I can start with some dark fantasy manga. I am sorry that I didn't start reading, it just exams are really stressing me. I will read it after exams because the synopsis sounds really interesting and it kinda reminds me of Berserk.
Jan 7, 2020 11:21 AM

Apr 2019
SkyReapper said:

I want to thank @Seshi_ for also recommending me the manga "Claymore". I want to read more manga this year so I am glad I can start with some dark fantasy manga. I am sorry that I didn't start reading, it just exams are really stressing me. I will read it after exams because the synopsis sounds really interesting and it kinda reminds me of Berserk.

You're so welcome! I hope you enjoy it when you get the time =]
Good luck on your exams.
Jan 7, 2020 11:47 AM
Jun 2019
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this event and all of the other people in the elf team!
This was the first year doing this and I really had fun.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

14 by Bunnyama »»
7 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.