Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 8, 2019 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's out on Niconico and Amazon Prime Japan.

Looks like Katsuragi is still dealing with some personal issues despite the club being more motivated than ever now. At least he has the support of his friend Touma. That hug though. These guys have to stay together like a family if they want to succeed. I'm just glad that they finally decided to go up against someone like Kyoubate Kenji. A bit of an emotional episode.
Nov 8, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2017
I thought this was going to air next week
Nov 8, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
Aniik8pv2 said:
I thought this was going to air next week

It's only TBS that's affected. RAW streaming sites has it up.

Stark700Nov 8, 2019 7:54 AM
Nov 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
I'm calling it right now , this is the anime of the season, no competition :D

Though calling police to ambush his father is a way better strategy, the middle part is really tearing me up.

So glad mc told Touma EVERYTHING , not trying to cover up anymore.
I really really like Maki's personality , thought he's going to keep lying but clearly it isn't the case .

But on a more serious side, I feel like this anime will take a direction that Touma really kill Maki's father and got arrested :/
Touma always has this violent tendency vibe.
Ventus_SNov 8, 2019 8:55 AM
Nov 8, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Episode 5 of Stars Align will be launching at 1pm ET today on Funimation

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1192837350663098368
Nov 8, 2019 9:57 AM
Sep 2019
guys i am looking everywherε for episode 5 but i can not find. where did you find it?????
Nov 8, 2019 9:58 AM
Sep 2019
Ventus_S said:

Though calling police to ambush his father is a way better strategy, the middle part is really tearing me up.

I really really like Maki's personality , thought he's going to keep lying but clearly it isn't the case .

But on a more serious side, I feel like this anime will take a direction that Touma really kill Maki's father and got arrested :/
where did you find episode 5??
Nov 8, 2019 10:24 AM

Oct 2017
animefreaksan said:
Ventus_S said:

where did you find episode 5??

It's not English sub though.
I understand multiple languages so I don't need to watch the English sub version.
Nov 8, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2019
OMG. I'm actually kind of blown away. So good. I was tearing up. This show does evrything right so far. Anime of the season for sure.
Nov 8, 2019 11:04 AM
Mar 2014
I'm so proud of Maki for telling Toma the truth, and even Toma giving Maki a small chance to stand up to his dad. It probably would have been best to call the police (though I guess if his dad showed up to the apartment and saw the police and never came up to the apartment Maki might have been put in a bad situation later), and the revelation that Maki's dad can just find out wherever he lives when they move, and how his mom leaves money for him is an
interesting revelation.

I also find it interesting that Touma's older brother knew Maki and probably knew the situation based on the flashback in episode 1, but Touma had no idea about Maki's family. I imagine Touma might bring it up with his brother, and from there we might get a flashback that talks about the situation. As well as a revelation about Touma and his quick instinct to just say 'I'll kill you', somethings up with his past to.

I have a feeling Maki's dad might get back at him at some point for 'finding a friend' but who knows, we probably won't see him again till closer to episode 8 as we focus on the practice match going forward.

Either way, I'm hyped for what comes next.

Also just about every single member up here having a tragic backstory. Even the student council president in a smaller way with her name. Gotta love anime.
Nov 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Oct 2017
websky said:
I'm so proud of Maki for telling Toma the truth,
Also just about every single member up here having a tragic backstory. Even the student council president in a smaller way with her name. Gotta love anime.

It's not tragic backstory yo, it's pretty common..

Mom and Grandma fighting over those silly things is so common in real life.
You sure your family never argue like that?

Also adopted child is not so uncommon either, and Rintero's inferiority complex is shown way back in ep2 , so I see no issue here either.

Honestly this series remind me alot about Digimon season 1.
Every digidestine has some family issue to resolve with, but they're actually not that uncommon in real life either since many of those issues are not as big as those young teenagers made it out to be.
I call this good character development. (Tbh the flashback is done way better than Demon Blades' villain's pre-death flashback. I don't see people complaining about Demon blade's villains all have a sad backstory though...)
Ventus_SNov 8, 2019 11:23 AM
Nov 8, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2019
This show keeps getting better and better.

Nov 8, 2019 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
I think we all agree with Touma, Maki's dad is trash.

The practice match is something I'm looking forward to. Their opponent seems to be overconfident.

Nov 8, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
That guy from track club is definitely into muscle worship, he's the dominant that want someone to worship him.
Also, I love little thing, like the school gate scene at the morning you can see one boy playfully bump into his friend.
The relationship blossom between Maki and Toma though, but it look like this is the topic everybody will talk about so I won't go deeper into it. (But I appreciate it)
Nov 8, 2019 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
Another good episode

Touma saves the day. But why would you make us wait for another week for a practice match. I want the next episode ASAP

And damn, that guy after the credits is a jerk
Nov 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
lol this is getting ridiculous now. Everything is so over-dramatic.

The hug between Maki and Touma was nice though. No more hiding.

Nov 8, 2019 12:04 PM
May 2019
Ventus_S said:

I'm glad Maki told everything, too. I get tired of anime where the MC keeps everything to themselves and shoulder all the burden blahblah. It's too frustrating. I also agree that Touma has a violent side that not all the members of the tennis club see lol

Jin_uzuki said:

I don't think 'everything' is so overdramatic. The way they threatened to kill the dad, while dramatic, was pretty accurate. At their age, defenseless as they are, the 'I'll kill you' threat is a real (childish) thing, and Maki's father repeating it goes to show how childish (TRASH) he is as well.

I do think that all the back stories of each of the players so far has been pretty dramatic lol I'm sure there's at least ONE player who doesn't have a traumatic past/present. There has to be...
Nov 8, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2019
Good episode, toma is pretty bold after all
I wonder how this match will end but they'll probably loose
Nov 8, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2017
I have some newfound respect for Shinjou; I'll admit I almost cried when he defended Maki. Tennis wise I'm pretty excited to see how these upcoming matches will be.
Nov 8, 2019 12:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good episode, Toma is a great friend to Maki, and he has balls.
Next episode is going to be interesting I guess with that match
Nov 8, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
Was pretty nice how Toma stood up for Maki. But I guess it would be too good to be true if this won't backfire one way or another.

Kaori is yet another character that's suffering due to her situation at home, yet it was kinda hilarious how her mother and grandma are fighting xD

Hyped for the practice match. I hope they won't get whooped too badly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2019 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
Gwaa. That hug. I love friendship moments like these.
I hope the dad doesn't come stalking Toma now.
If he does he will meet his mother who will Todoroki on him. Yes: The final battle.

And oh my, those dramatical backgrounds of every character just keep coming! I don't mind it, but let's hope that not every character here has a dramatic parental background.
Nov 8, 2019 1:32 PM

Oct 2017
wank said:
too good. i wish there was a source material for this, one episode per week isn't enough

You know, the best part of this masterpiece is that there's no source so no-one can spoil me or give me any wrong expectation :>
Nov 8, 2019 1:39 PM

Feb 2011
t_tomodachi22 said:
Ventus_S said:

I'm glad Maki told everything, too. I get tired of anime where the MC keeps everything to themselves and shoulder all the burden blahblah. It's too frustrating. I also agree that Touma has a violent side that not all the members of the tennis club see lol

Jin_uzuki said:

I don't think 'everything' is so overdramatic. The way they threatened to kill the dad, while dramatic, was pretty accurate. At their age, defenseless as they are, the 'I'll kill you' threat is a real (childish) thing, and Maki's father repeating it goes to show how childish (TRASH) he is as well.

I do think that all the back stories of each of the players so far has been pretty dramatic lol I'm sure there's at least ONE player who doesn't have a traumatic past/present. There has to be...

Eh whenever a dramatic show pops up there's always bound to be these types of people that complain about drama and call it forced, which honestly it's a term i've only seen being used by anime fans. The same happened with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. It's a drama, if it's not for you, then you can simply stop watching.
Nov 8, 2019 1:45 PM
Feb 2019
Ventus_S said:

Yea I was thinking that too, really hope it doesnt end up with that happening though.
Nov 8, 2019 1:47 PM
Feb 2019
Really liking this anime so far. Suprised its not more popular. Really hope that they dont end up making Touma actually kill Makis dad. Maybe we see more of the other girl with the grandma and mum (forgot her name). Also loving this ending song.
Nov 8, 2019 1:51 PM
May 2014
Each scene with the father has me on edge every time! Although I'm glad Maki has no secrets left to hide from Toma, that's great!
Nov 8, 2019 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
The episode felt quite overwhelming! I was trembling throughout the episode.

I froze when Maki asked for another racket. I had forgotten the last episode for a second and the scene brought the horrific memory back.

The president calls herself Kaori. That is such a beautiful name that it made me feel bad for the girl and I really wanted to give her a hug.

Blimey, Rintarou is adopted. I didn't know there was a law that said people had to reveal to a kid if they're adopted. How cruel!

Rintarou is loved, yet he feels incomplete and unhappy. Yep, I don't think Maki would be happy to listen to him!

Toma and Maki got to have a chat and he actually helped our Maki.

Didn't expect Maki to end up crying.

Bloody hell! The fact that we don't know why people are scared of Toma, and the fact that he said he can use him being a minor to murder a man with not much of a consequence, got me kind of scared too.

Now we know how the dad found Maki. That awful bastard!

I was so emotional when the soft tennis club defended the gay boy, and threw away the homophobic bullies. And Yuuta's sweet innocent smile made it so much better!

They finally gave the choreographers credit in the ed. I am proud of the anime for not pulling a Lion King.

The cheeky kid at the end didn't even annoy me. We already have much more detestable characters. Maybe he'll be awful as well from the next episode!
Nov 8, 2019 2:29 PM
Feb 2019
unexpectedly wholesome episode! i saw maki's dad on the thumbnail and died a little bit but it turned out well C:
Nov 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Mar 2011
Man I loved this episode. I'm really hoping they find a permanent solution to maki's dad though.
Black Star "Compared to a man as big as me you realize how small you are, don't you? I understand how you feel. Even I can be frightened by my own greatness. So I find it difficult to stand in front of mirrors."
Nov 8, 2019 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
My heart broke for Maki this episode. </3 I’m glad he has friends to be there for him.
You never know what people are going through in their personal lives, so it’s best to treat people with kindness.
Nov 8, 2019 3:05 PM

Jul 2017
Ok there has to be a reason why Maki doesn't take any legal actions/police against shitbag dad right?

lol at Mitsue saying she wouldn't come. We all know it's for Maki

Maki and Toma bromance as strong as ever

t_tomodachi22 said:
Ventus_S said:

Jin_uzuki said:

To me it seems the whole "I'll kill you" thing seemed more like Toma trying to sound more threatening rather than serious. What with him being smaller and (most likely) weaker than the dad an all.

Although part of me thinks there's gonna be some altercation between the dad and Toma sometime in the future. If not in this season (assuming the series isn't going to be entirely concluded in 1 season) then maybe another one if they make more
Short_CircutNov 8, 2019 3:09 PM
Nov 8, 2019 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
Short_Circut said:
Ok there has to be a reason why Maki doesn't take any legal actions/police against shitbag dad right?

lol at Mitsue saying she wouldn't come. We all know it's for Maki

Maki and Toma bromance as strong as ever

t_tomodachi22 said:

To me it seems the whole "I'll kill you" thing seemed more like Toma trying to sound more threatening rather than serious. What with him being smaller and (most likely) weaker than the dad an all.

Although part of me thinks there's gonna be some altercation between the dad and Toma sometime in the future. If not in this season (assuming the series isn't going to be entirely concluded in 1 season) then maybe another one if they make more

I have different opinion.
Touma threatening for kill is actually serious since he brought up the "consequence of his action", like being a minor doesn't get punished as much.

Maki on the other hand, is the one who try to acted brave and threatening.

So yeah, Touma might get into some serious trouble later on because his "issues" hasn't really been resolved at all, and is hinted since the very first episode.
Nov 8, 2019 3:16 PM
May 2019
Glad that they're not only holding onto the drama, but are coming up with some funny situations as well. They also tried something different in the transition, felt more fast paced. And that rich girl... So she will be sorta important, I thought she was only going to be nuisance. Looking forward to this anime, the one I've been enjoying the most.
Nov 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Oct 2017
t_tomodachi22 said:
Ventus_S said:

Jin_uzuki said:

Well did you see that tall guy dancing with his little sister in this episode?
I'm pretty sure his family is fine.

Also the female mc family looks fine too.
Reintoro family is fine as well, just because he's adapted doesn't mean he has family issue, he just overthink stuffs..
Nov 8, 2019 3:19 PM
Sep 2018
I really liked watching Maki and Shinjo's friendship develop, I have an idea of where I want to see it go. Rintaro's story kinda put me off, I found it completely unrelatable and unrealistic, I couldn't understand why he'd feel the way he did for his situation, some characters in anime can have flaws which make them unrelatable or irritating as part of their persona but I thought Rintaro's flaws were just straight-up bad writing.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how much I liked Kaori's story, made me realise how quickly I labelled her, thinking she'd be pompous, high and mighty which was a stupid assumption, now I think she's somewhat likeable.
Werty3142Nov 8, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 8, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2017
wow i really didn't expect Touma to confront Maki's father just like that. Such good friendship.

It seems like everyone in the main cast has sad backstory.
The ED is so lovely i can't ever skip it, although i felt like they inserted it a few seconds too early; it cut into the dialogue....ahh who cares
Nov 8, 2019 3:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Touma isn't dumb, so he knew something was up with Maki when Maki asked to borrow a racket. I teared up when Maki was happy to be given another racket by Touma, especially a new one at that. Seems like Maki has gotten really attached to the sport. After the confrontation with Maki's father, tears fell down when Maki hugged and thanked Touma. He must've felt relief after telling someone about his situation, and was also able to stand up to his father for once.

It's really surprising to me that just because the man is Maki's father, he can ask and find out where Maki lives...is there a way to make it so that he is no longer Maki's father by law? But I guess this is common knowledge among the adults, since Maki's mother has been leaving money for that man.

As for Rintarou, I don't think he's being dramatic at all. Just because it's nothing like what Maki had been through (or even Itsuki), doesn't mean his anxiety isn't real. It's preferable to having abusive parents, but if anyone else was in his shoes, realizing they've been adopted, they'd feel the same as well. But yes, he is lucky, given that these days, it's difficult to find loving parents and being raised in a wholesome household. It seems like what Touma said to Rintarou allowed him to see a different perspective.

The club defending Yuuta <3 They really do appreciate having him as the manager :)

That after credits scene though. I could do without an annoying rival. And their coach just let him antagonize the other team like that? Smh.

Edit: I don't think people should downplay Rintarou's feelings. I had a friend who was adopted, his parents were great, really kind, he lived in a big house, got good grades, etc. But he also went through depression after finding out he was adopted. You have to realize, they are still children. It is a big deal to them, and such thoughts will take time to overcome.
tingyNov 8, 2019 3:41 PM
Nov 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2009
H O L Y S H I T

That's basically all I could think. Toma is definitely MVP af, like how even-... He just gives one of his rackets to Maki after hearing what happened, without any hesitation; and then not only does he waste his own money on Maki's trash of a father, he actually stands up to him too (I have a feeling telling his name was a mistake though), plus THAT HUG OMG; he's also there like a pillar for Futsu when he's going all insecure about being adopted; and he's going absolutely all out to rally and fire up the team for the match, even if he is, like Maki says, the most anxious of them all. This kid's something else.

Oh, and while most anime would be happy enough with just this much for one episode? This one also stuffs in a major background bit for a background character - what even is her name now? Let's go with Kaori, that's what she says she prefers to call herself. Also, "our manager is sensitive" - the way the boys just banded together against that bully and defended Yuuta, also without any hesitation? Great team is great.

And in all that, the amount of details again: the empty classroom, the teachers' office, the street when they go to the bank, the Kasuga estate, the morning assembly when they go to Misaki - and Misaki Academy itself.... Also the little things: the rackets and notebooks in the bags, Futsu writing in his notebook during class, their water bottles being filled.... Absolutely A+ quality all around, feasts for the eyes that are a joy to watch. And it's consistently so, not just in this episode.

Yeah, I think this is definitely the surprise anime of the season.
Nov 8, 2019 4:27 PM

Jan 2017
Holy F!

That moment when it's already a amazing show and yet it can still getting EVEN better!

And we are not even half into it!

Definitely it's the hidden gem of this season!
Nov 8, 2019 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
This is what I would call a weird episode. There was a lot going on I couldn't comprehend properly, like Kaori's brief story and Rintaro suddenly throwing himself into the mix.

Anyways, I liked the first part with Toma and Maki. I don't think they've heard the last of that asswipe dad, he probably would be arrested at the end, because I doubt they'll really kill him. But the situation did help those two become closer as friends, hopefully better partners for this upcoming match.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 8, 2019 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
Stars Align delivers yet another fine episode! Maki and Touma confront Maki's evil father and finally, after 5 episodes of Maki acting tough, he breaks down and Touma's arms shows some genuine human emotion. This episode is so important for Maki's character development because he realizes that all this time, he's been internalizing his pain and he cannot cheat the grieving process. He admits he is pain and asks Touma for help. I think that's a very mature thing for Maki to do. He needs to get support from people who genuinely care about him.

Despite Maki and Touma's bravery, the dark lord does not back down. In fact, the heroes' efforts might have made things worse. Now Maki's father knows who Touma is, it's not hard to imagine that he will attempt to do something to Touma, for no reason other than to hurt Maki. Reality doesn't work like TV does and standing up to your abuser doesn't immediately end the abuse. Maki and Touma should have called the police or something, instead of trying to solve the problem by themselves.

What keeps this episode from being perfect though is that it looks like the show is going all in on the whole "abusive parents" cliché that is so prevalent in modern drama. It would appear that the only source of character drama on this show is abusive parents. It's not like characters can have problems from things like drug addiction, loveless relationships, lousy education or a lack of direction in life. It always has to be the abusive parents.

All in all, this episode was really exciting. Despite its obsession with faulty parenthood, Stars Align is still one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 8, 2019 4:59 PM
Mar 2019
Ep5 was by far the worst episode it kept on going to mood swings from happy to dramatic to happy to serious in a matter of minutes. Not every character needs to have some super sad backstory, but the ending is what really made me piss some generic looking mean guy talks big, being cocky but in the next episode there gonna win. We have no reason to believe that he's good let alone actually poses a challenge. Also why don't get just call the cops and what happened to the restraining order?
Adding sad backstorys is not character development
Nov 8, 2019 5:17 PM

Feb 2016
I do appreciate that at least Maki told Toma about his abusive father instead of pretending that everything is alright, but this is outrageous. Why didn't they call the cops instead of being edgy trying to threaten their father by telling him that they are going to kill him? How is it that such scum hasn't been put in jail or get a restraining order?

This shit is stupid.

Also, please, someone slap that bitch Mitsue, she makes terrible remarks and always points the obvious, let alone how miserable she is for going to eat to the house of a poor kid without even paying or earning it.

@Chazea I agree, sad backstories isn't character development.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 8, 2019 5:44 PM

Oct 2017
HereticHunter said:
I do appreciate that at least Maki told Toma about his abusive father instead of pretending that everything is alright, but this is outrageous. Why didn't they call the cops instead of being edgy trying to threaten their father by telling him that they are going to kill him? How is it that such scum hasn't been put in jail or get a restraining order?

This shit is stupid.

Also, please, someone slap that bitch Mitsue, she makes terrible remarks and always points the obvious, let alone how miserable she is for going to eat to the house of a poor kid without even paying or earning it.

Cuz family issue is sooo easily to resolve. Typical ignorant is bliss folk who has a nice family with no issue.

Ykonw I have an older brother who used to use knife to threaten me and my mom and MAYBE we could have called the police, but would that help our situation? Wouldn't my brother take further extreme action after he got a warning from police or something?
Did my mom want to doom his own child by giving him a record?
There're so many things to consider when it comes to family issue because you can't cut ties and there's no easy way out either.

If calling police already solved the problem why did Maki's mom keep leaving money for the dad? The police must have know what's going on already and the mother is already registering the protection order but it still didn't come down yet , did you even remember any of the plot?

Also using western law/ social norm to judge eastern law/ norm, typical Americans. Especially coming from a country who still don't restrain people with gun possession and has higher criminal rate.

And yeah they're teenagers ofc they may not always come to the right conclusion of how to solve the problem. Just like countless victims who suffer from domestic abuse / sextual assualt and didn't speak up because they're ALL stupid right? Jesus.
Ventus_SNov 8, 2019 6:03 PM
Nov 8, 2019 6:50 PM

Feb 2016
Ventus_S said:
HereticHunter said:

This shit is stupid.

Cuz family issue is sooo easily to resolve. Typical ignorant is bliss folk who has a nice family with no issue.

Ykonw I have an older brother who used to use knife to threaten me and my mom and MAYBE we could have called the police, but would that help our situation? Wouldn't my brother take further extreme action after he got a warning from police or something?
Did my mom want to doom his own child by giving him a record?
There're so many things to consider when it comes to family issue because you can't cut ties and there's no easy way out either.

If calling police already solved the problem why did Maki's mom keep leaving money for the dad? The police must have know what's going on already and the mother is already registering the protection order but it still didn't come down yet , did you even remember any of the plot?

Also using western law/ social norm to judge eastern law/ norm, typical Americans. Especially coming from a country who still don't restrain people with gun possession and has higher criminal rate.

And yeah they're teenagers ofc they may not always come to the right conclusion of how to solve the problem. Just like countless victims who suffer from domestic abuse / sextual assualt and didn't speak up because they're ALL stupid right? Jesus.

Woah there, let's get cool headed here before going any further. First of all, I did not say that victims that doesn't speak up are stupid, because I understand is not easy to speak up about these things, I actually said it was good for Maki to tell his situation to Toma, so cool your head.

Now, are you telling me that threatening the abuser is better? Ok. Also, no, I don't remember all of the plot because this anime loves to cut from a scene to another quicker than a calculator, ruining the pace and overall directing that makes it hard to follow. Like you said, there are things to consider, but you should also consider the consequences of not acting before things get way worse... or making things way worse by making hasty decisions. I actually thought Maki's dad was going to punch the fuck out of Toma all thanks to Toma threatening him, which could have ended up pretty badly. And I know it will get worse.

There's a lot cases like this on my country that ends in tragedy. And who knows how many other situations hasn't been spoken yet. So I'm not as ignorant as you think, this anime is just way too questionable, and it's poor pacing and overall directing doesn't help either, specially with almost every member of the club having a tragic backstory, Boo fucking hoo.
~Blackwall
Nov 8, 2019 7:18 PM
Oct 2019
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...
Nov 8, 2019 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed this episode, however, in my head, I kinda thought... why didn't they just locked the door, or record the incident as evidence? Even giving his name away to the father... what??? Don't do that. They are middle school kids so I think I could let that off the hook. Also, the adoption thing kinda came out of nowhere in my opinion. I am aware that Ringo boy was acting a bit off but I felt like they should have revealed it later kinda thing.

There have been complaints of this show being overdramatic, I somewhat agree. I think it's pretty cool that an anime is highlighting modern problems in the show and how that affects them via sports. Though, I wish the drama and information given was more drip-feed instead of giving it all to us in one big go pretty much. I think its due to the fact that it is an original and didn't know how well the show would do in order for them to flesh out the characters for so many episodes.

The bromance between Maki and Toma is cool and their friendship has grown throughout the episode. The team stepping up for the manager was pretty cool too.
Nov 8, 2019 7:59 PM

Sep 2017
Sharry_Divinity said:
Am i the only one who thought Toma calling maki partner over and over again combined with that hug was Total BL stuff..How can people not see that?.this anime is kinda scaring me with over Chummy behaviour... Hope its not hidden BL...

imagine being so homophobic that you're paranoid that a show could possibly have a gay romance at the forefront
Nov 8, 2019 8:11 PM

Feb 2016
alicerubesty said:
Sharry_Divinity said:

imagine being so homophobic that you're paranoid that a show could possibly have a gay romance at the forefront

While there is nothing wrong about an anime having BL stuff, is not wrong either to not like these things (Specially if they end up forced or add nothing to the plot). There are things people don't want to see on things they watch and like, that doesn't mean they are "homophobic" about it.
~Blackwall
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who let Kathleen Kennedy to make anime?

LostInLove - Apr 24

9 by LostInLove »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

238 by thatguyevan »»
Apr 11, 9:46 PM

» "Special Fan Movie" Has Been Released

zamandzoe - May 20, 2020

22 by quietkun27 »»
Feb 23, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

130 by Limi »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:31 AM

» Continuation...

Kurdo - Apr 19, 2021

19 by DmonHiro »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.